Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Disillusionist's Lore & More [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 138 139 140 141 142 ... 656 657
@Disillusionist I like having other people to go to, especially for coding problems/commissions because frankly all that stuff is a foreign language to me and I need all the help I can get :P and lore is great at any time. But don't go to too much trouble hunting things down if it's extra effort- I'm just replying to the questions, not pushing for anything :)
@Disillusionist I like having other people to go to, especially for coding problems/commissions because frankly all that stuff is a foreign language to me and I need all the help I can get :P and lore is great at any time. But don't go to too much trouble hunting things down if it's extra effort- I'm just replying to the questions, not pushing for anything :)
dfUnMqs.gif7XI1FUO.pngwE7J1TW.pngq6Eeqsk.pngdfUnMqs.gif
[/url]
@Disillusionist

1. Yes! I think it's somewhat hard to find users who are accepting lore commissions given the nature of the forums and how artwork and lore commissions all get lumped together in the 'art sales' section. Having affiliates listed out on your front page definitely makes it a bit easier to find people to commission.

2. I usually come here for lore since I do most of my own coding/art, but I think having some of all three is good.
@Disillusionist

1. Yes! I think it's somewhat hard to find users who are accepting lore commissions given the nature of the forums and how artwork and lore commissions all get lumped together in the 'art sales' section. Having affiliates listed out on your front page definitely makes it a bit easier to find people to commission.

2. I usually come here for lore since I do most of my own coding/art, but I think having some of all three is good.
Does it help if I have more affiliates to refer you to whenever the shop is closed?
Absolutely!
What shops/services would you like to be referred to? (e.g. lore, graphics, coding, art)
(additional feedback, suggestions, etc. is welcome)
Lore, Coding, and Art for me :D
Does it help if I have more affiliates to refer you to whenever the shop is closed?
Absolutely!
What shops/services would you like to be referred to? (e.g. lore, graphics, coding, art)
(additional feedback, suggestions, etc. is welcome)
Lore, Coding, and Art for me :D
@Disillusionist i'm now half hoping that the March 5 downtime won't result in a shiny new thing that wants all my money then lmaoooo

1. i could always use more lore shops as targets for my money-throwing. because who needs wallets anyway? i sure don't. i can be a bit picky about them depending on writing styles and whatnot, but when i find ones i like, i try to stick to them like glue lmao. your slots go pretty quickly too, so it's nice to have options if you're all booked up. when i actually remember to go look at the list anyway w h o o p s

2. lore, definitely. and not really a service, but if you happen across any free-to-use bio templates, i wouldn't mind getting a heads up about those. i've got a growing list of bookmarks for them and i'm always looking to add more. XD

also idk if it means anything, but i'm always down for helping someone with coding if anyone needs it! possibly also even coding custom bios, though i wouldn't be able to make custom resources for 'em.

3. i just survived exams and am getting ever closer to finally being able to read the lore soon gdi TuT it's been bothering me so much lmao im dyin
@Disillusionist i'm now half hoping that the March 5 downtime won't result in a shiny new thing that wants all my money then lmaoooo

1. i could always use more lore shops as targets for my money-throwing. because who needs wallets anyway? i sure don't. i can be a bit picky about them depending on writing styles and whatnot, but when i find ones i like, i try to stick to them like glue lmao. your slots go pretty quickly too, so it's nice to have options if you're all booked up. when i actually remember to go look at the list anyway w h o o p s

2. lore, definitely. and not really a service, but if you happen across any free-to-use bio templates, i wouldn't mind getting a heads up about those. i've got a growing list of bookmarks for them and i'm always looking to add more. XD

also idk if it means anything, but i'm always down for helping someone with coding if anyone needs it! possibly also even coding custom bios, though i wouldn't be able to make custom resources for 'em.

3. i just survived exams and am getting ever closer to finally being able to read the lore soon gdi TuT it's been bothering me so much lmao im dyin
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
Thank you for all your feedback, guys! Honestly, I don't buy from other shops too much, so it's incredibly helpful to see things from the customers' perspectives as well. :D

@Lirissea I've added you to the Permanent pinglist, thanks! You have a good point; it's also been a bit tough for me to find art I like, when I decide to go looking for it.

@MahuruRaji I really like that description: a plethora. I've noticed that lore shops do seem to be declining in number as of late. I have a couple of writers in mind; I'll most likely extend invitations to them within this week.

As for me offering anecdotal pieces, that can actually be done! My only restrictions for lore orders are word counts and no fanfiction -- if you want an anecdotal piece, all you have to do is specify so in your order. But it does have to be clear: something like, "Here's background information on the dragon, but this is what I want you to write about." Otherwise I tend to assume that all the information on the order form is, well, what the customer is ordering from me.

And I wouldn't mind being affiliated with you either; your art looks great! I do require that affiliates have active shops, though, so that if I refer customers to them, there's a good chance they'll be able to place their orders. =)

@CatkinStarchild Agreed re: the coding! I've seen layouts by other players that are truly stunning and fun to work with, but I can definitely think of times I would've liked someone to code them for me. Thank you for your concern also; I'll probably just make a "looking for" thread in Art Sales and see if any shop owners bite. *fingers crossed!*

@awaicu I'm with you there; I've also seriously considered commissioning other writers, but when I start looking for any active ones, it's *cricket noises*. And art, yes, aaaaaahhh. My poor digital babies need more portraits. :D

@Razzmatazz1 Thanks for the feedback! I'm actually constructing a "Looking for Affiliates" thread right now. It looks like lore and art are leading for "most wanted" services.

@After Yikes, I'd actually forgotten about the downtime. My money's on the Coli revamp, aaaaaand I'm also hoping I won't find something else to spend my t/g on.

I definitely know what you mean; I'm quite picky about art and lore, too. But I'll most likely try to include different styles in my affiliates, for different customers' preferences. =) As for the free layouts, hmm...Maybe you can actually start a masterpost for that. Make sure it gets attention (like the Guides forum) and people can contribute. :D

Congrats on completing your exams! I hope they weren't too tough for you. Don't worry about the lore link disappearing; I always give customers a heads-up before removing the links, if I see the lore hasn't been copied to their dragons' bios yet.

Additional responses still welcome!
Thank you for all your feedback so far! <3
Thank you for all your feedback, guys! Honestly, I don't buy from other shops too much, so it's incredibly helpful to see things from the customers' perspectives as well. :D

@Lirissea I've added you to the Permanent pinglist, thanks! You have a good point; it's also been a bit tough for me to find art I like, when I decide to go looking for it.

@MahuruRaji I really like that description: a plethora. I've noticed that lore shops do seem to be declining in number as of late. I have a couple of writers in mind; I'll most likely extend invitations to them within this week.

As for me offering anecdotal pieces, that can actually be done! My only restrictions for lore orders are word counts and no fanfiction -- if you want an anecdotal piece, all you have to do is specify so in your order. But it does have to be clear: something like, "Here's background information on the dragon, but this is what I want you to write about." Otherwise I tend to assume that all the information on the order form is, well, what the customer is ordering from me.

And I wouldn't mind being affiliated with you either; your art looks great! I do require that affiliates have active shops, though, so that if I refer customers to them, there's a good chance they'll be able to place their orders. =)

@CatkinStarchild Agreed re: the coding! I've seen layouts by other players that are truly stunning and fun to work with, but I can definitely think of times I would've liked someone to code them for me. Thank you for your concern also; I'll probably just make a "looking for" thread in Art Sales and see if any shop owners bite. *fingers crossed!*

@awaicu I'm with you there; I've also seriously considered commissioning other writers, but when I start looking for any active ones, it's *cricket noises*. And art, yes, aaaaaahhh. My poor digital babies need more portraits. :D

@Razzmatazz1 Thanks for the feedback! I'm actually constructing a "Looking for Affiliates" thread right now. It looks like lore and art are leading for "most wanted" services.

@After Yikes, I'd actually forgotten about the downtime. My money's on the Coli revamp, aaaaaand I'm also hoping I won't find something else to spend my t/g on.

I definitely know what you mean; I'm quite picky about art and lore, too. But I'll most likely try to include different styles in my affiliates, for different customers' preferences. =) As for the free layouts, hmm...Maybe you can actually start a masterpost for that. Make sure it gets attention (like the Guides forum) and people can contribute. :D

Congrats on completing your exams! I hope they weren't too tough for you. Don't worry about the lore link disappearing; I always give customers a heads-up before removing the links, if I see the lore hasn't been copied to their dragons' bios yet.

Additional responses still welcome!
Thank you for all your feedback so far! <3
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

1. I don't look at affiliate links all that often because I rarely want something urgently, and not getting a slot means I can cheat myself into saving up money XD But I do find them helpful if I'm really looking for something *right now*

2. Lore and art is what I'm looking for, mostly
@Disillusionist

1. I don't look at affiliate links all that often because I rarely want something urgently, and not getting a slot means I can cheat myself into saving up money XD But I do find them helpful if I'm really looking for something *right now*

2. Lore and art is what I'm looking for, mostly
cryperethy.pngdLIJPZ4.pngtumblr_nrv6v91RtB1th5aplo1_250.gif
@felistopaz That's a nice way of looking at it, the saving money, I mean. XD But yeah, it looks as though overall, having more affiliates is helpful. Thanks for the feedback!
@felistopaz That's a nice way of looking at it, the saving money, I mean. XD But yeah, it looks as though overall, having more affiliates is helpful. Thanks for the feedback!
[center][b][size=5][font=Century gothic]Looking for Affiliates[/font][/size] (updated 11/1/19)[/b][/center] I've been running this shop since January 2017 and started out with a few [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2102403#post_25230689]affiliates[/url], but most of them have gone inactive since then. I'm looking for new affiliates I can refer my customers to whenever my shop is closed or full. I do have some criteria for what I'm looking for. Please take the time to read first; I'd really appreciate it. You can apply afterwards by posting a link to your shop; feel free to let me know if you have any questions as well. [i]Please ping me -- I'm not subscribed.[/i] Thank you so much! [quote="Criteria"] [b]Affiliates must:[/b][list] [*] [b]have shops in Art Sales[/b] -- My customers are mostly interested in lore, coding, or graphics. Art/adoptable threads are also welcome! [*] [b]have shops that are ACTIVE.[/b] This means: not price/interest checks only, not on hiatus, not WIP, not still in the planning-to-open stage. Only shops that are actually open and taking orders, please! [*] have shops that are [i]at least[/i] 2 weeks old [*] belong to accounts that are [i]at least[/i] 3 months old [*] be willing to display a banner and a link back to my shop on the front page of their own shops. Bumping my thread is not required.[/list] [b]What’s in it for you?[/b][list] [*] Affiliates get a 15% discount on their first order with me AND 10% off [i]all[/i] orders after that. [size=2](goes into effect in 2020)[/size] [*] I will refer customers to you, particularly when I close for festivals or when my own slots are full. [*] Let me know if you’d like me to bump your thread and how often. I’ll be glad to help out. [*] Your banner/link will be displayed on p.1 of my shop.[/list][/quote]
Looking for Affiliates
(updated 11/1/19)

I've been running this shop since January 2017 and started out with a few affiliates, but most of them have gone inactive since then. I'm looking for new affiliates I can refer my customers to whenever my shop is closed or full.

I do have some criteria for what I'm looking for. Please take the time to read first; I'd really appreciate it. You can apply afterwards by posting a link to your shop; feel free to let me know if you have any questions as well. Please ping me -- I'm not subscribed. Thank you so much!
Criteria wrote:
Affiliates must:
  • have shops in Art Sales -- My customers are mostly interested in lore, coding, or graphics. Art/adoptable threads are also welcome!
  • have shops that are ACTIVE. This means: not price/interest checks only, not on hiatus, not WIP, not still in the planning-to-open stage. Only shops that are actually open and taking orders, please!
  • have shops that are at least 2 weeks old
  • belong to accounts that are at least 3 months old
  • be willing to display a banner and a link back to my shop on the front page of their own shops. Bumping my thread is not required.

What’s in it for you?
  • Affiliates get a 15% discount on their first order with me AND 10% off all orders after that. (goes into effect in 2020)
  • I will refer customers to you, particularly when I close for festivals or when my own slots are full.
  • Let me know if you’d like me to bump your thread and how often. I’ll be glad to help out.
  • Your banner/link will be displayed on p.1 of my shop.
@After @Asgeirr @awaicu @Cacogen @CatkinStarchild @ClearNoiz @DaDragon @Dawnn @EmpressSectonia @Espello @ExoticBacoe @felistopaz @Firedawn @Gimeurcookie @jabby @KallyPaige @Kano3Shuuya @Lirissea @MahuruRaji @Maike @NickelDragons @nightwolf95 @NyxHeart @Polyhymnia @Razzmatazz1 @Saraceaser @Sebaschan @TheHawkArisen @Tues @Wolfkimmie @Ximena

Open again. :D

Taken slots:
Lore 3/3 FULL
Other 2/3

There are a few new pinglisters, so just some quick reminders:
  1. When reserving, please state what it's for: LORE or OTHER. Categorized reservations will be given priority.
  2. After your reservation is accepted, you'll be given 24 hours to fill out the form. Reservations are automatically cleared after 24 hours.

Re: affiliates
Unfortunately, no one has applied as an affiliate yet, and even after looking through Art Sales myself, I wasn't able to find any active lore shops. Either that or I'm just really bad at finding threads.
I would like to recommend this directory, though. It's a list of various shops from Art Sales and, as of this post, the OP is still active, so it's fairly up-to-date. I hope you guys find something you like! (Will still continue searching)
@After @Asgeirr @awaicu @Cacogen @CatkinStarchild @ClearNoiz @DaDragon @Dawnn @EmpressSectonia @Espello @ExoticBacoe @felistopaz @Firedawn @Gimeurcookie @jabby @KallyPaige @Kano3Shuuya @Lirissea @MahuruRaji @Maike @NickelDragons @nightwolf95 @NyxHeart @Polyhymnia @Razzmatazz1 @Saraceaser @Sebaschan @TheHawkArisen @Tues @Wolfkimmie @Ximena

Open again. :D

Taken slots:
Lore 3/3 FULL
Other 2/3

There are a few new pinglisters, so just some quick reminders:
  1. When reserving, please state what it's for: LORE or OTHER. Categorized reservations will be given priority.
  2. After your reservation is accepted, you'll be given 24 hours to fill out the form. Reservations are automatically cleared after 24 hours.

Re: affiliates
Unfortunately, no one has applied as an affiliate yet, and even after looking through Art Sales myself, I wasn't able to find any active lore shops. Either that or I'm just really bad at finding threads.
I would like to recommend this directory, though. It's a list of various shops from Art Sales and, as of this post, the OP is still active, so it's fairly up-to-date. I hope you guys find something you like! (Will still continue searching)
@Disillusionist *barrels in* lore slot reserve, please! :D
@Disillusionist *barrels in* lore slot reserve, please! :D
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
1 2 ... 138 139 140 141 142 ... 656 657