Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Fodder names?
1 2 3 4 5 6
I guess I'm in the minority where I actually come up with a different name per fodder.
I guess I'm in the minority where I actually come up with a different name per fodder.
Come visit my lore lair! It's a fun time here.

Something strange is happening on Sornieth. All across the world, dragons have begun to be born with multiple elements. How? Why? As dragons all across Sornieth takes notice, the wheel of fate begins to turn, as one fae's search for her mysterious origins leads her down a path that could change Sornieth forever.
@Fireflygamer
haha, thanks. It wasn't always my fodder name. Years ago, I named all male fodder Bob and female fodder Sally. Just random names I came up with.
@Fireflygamer
haha, thanks. It wasn't always my fodder name. Years ago, I named all male fodder Bob and female fodder Sally. Just random names I came up with.
Anim-spiral.gifx lore clan
spiral fan
rp friendly
for sale
free tiny buttons
xcorgi with feather pen
I like to give them fun names from here lol
I like to give them fun names from here lol
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
Whatever the random name generator gives me
Whatever the random name generator gives me
FFNapYi.pngtumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro5_250.gifFFNapYi.png
Nameless

I like how it looks in my own offspring lists, and just use the same name for all fodder I train.
Nameless

I like how it looks in my own offspring lists, and just use the same name for all fodder I train.
Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
Depends on whether they're from one of my pairs (and which pair) or purchased!

Certain pairs have naming themes - Merlin and Morgana all have hatchlings with names starting with M, for example. Or Xylocopa and Asclepia all have butterfly or bee related names.

Other pairs, and most unnamed fodder that I buy, I just use the random name button until I get to something I like. Sometimes, I'll look at the parents' offspring lists and see if there's anything going on already, and pick something fitting, but I don't do that all that often
Depends on whether they're from one of my pairs (and which pair) or purchased!

Certain pairs have naming themes - Merlin and Morgana all have hatchlings with names starting with M, for example. Or Xylocopa and Asclepia all have butterfly or bee related names.

Other pairs, and most unnamed fodder that I buy, I just use the random name button until I get to something I like. Sometimes, I'll look at the parents' offspring lists and see if there's anything going on already, and pick something fitting, but I don't do that all that often
PSojku2.gifG9XvqXb.gifbWUZhOx.gif4IOVVSW.gifSGoOc5w.gif
fodder for me are always named soPOP, after the acronym of my own clan (S.O.P.O.P. — society of pink or purple). i don’t think i’ll ever change it, but if i have a pair that breeds and the dragons are going to be exalted, they’ll have unique names so that it looks nice on the parent’s page.
fodder for me are always named soPOP, after the acronym of my own clan (S.O.P.O.P. — society of pink or purple). i don’t think i’ll ever change it, but if i have a pair that breeds and the dragons are going to be exalted, they’ll have unique names so that it looks nice on the parent’s page.
IMG-5209.png
I name my fodder individually. I don't like having consecutive names the same in my own offspring lists, so I don't for others either.

- appearance-based, e.g. Deluge for a blue dragon, Inferno for a fiery dragon, various food-based names (Cupcake, Mocha, Pancake, Cinnabon)
- references to whatever I'm playing/reading lately
- googling random things (e.g. names of stars, names of cars, names for dogs)
- something inspired by the parents' names
- although I don't like repeating names in the same offspring list, I borrow freely from other offspring lists in my clan
- if I really can't think of anything then I resort to the random name generator
I name my fodder individually. I don't like having consecutive names the same in my own offspring lists, so I don't for others either.

- appearance-based, e.g. Deluge for a blue dragon, Inferno for a fiery dragon, various food-based names (Cupcake, Mocha, Pancake, Cinnabon)
- references to whatever I'm playing/reading lately
- googling random things (e.g. names of stars, names of cars, names for dogs)
- something inspired by the parents' names
- although I don't like repeating names in the same offspring list, I borrow freely from other offspring lists in my clan
- if I really can't think of anything then I resort to the random name generator
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
The evolution of naming:

Based off the names of the parents/theme of parent names.
Based off color/genes.
Themed: Flowers, gemstones, famous people/characters.
Random Name Generator.
One fodder name to rule them all.

I made it through the first 3 stages by the end of my second year and by my third year RNG ruled. Now that I'm naming 40-100+ a day there is only one fodder name to rule them all.

Anybody want a Cookie?

Okay, not always. Some days I end up naming anyone with an exalt bonus that day Adelis just to make it easy to find them.

Please, let the next stage of evolution be not needing to name ever again.
The evolution of naming:

Based off the names of the parents/theme of parent names.
Based off color/genes.
Themed: Flowers, gemstones, famous people/characters.
Random Name Generator.
One fodder name to rule them all.

I made it through the first 3 stages by the end of my second year and by my third year RNG ruled. Now that I'm naming 40-100+ a day there is only one fodder name to rule them all.

Anybody want a Cookie?

Okay, not always. Some days I end up naming anyone with an exalt bonus that day Adelis just to make it easy to find them.

Please, let the next stage of evolution be not needing to name ever again.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
I usually name my fodder with the name generator. I sort by 'youngest first' in the coli so that they always show up on top.

Buuuuuuut back around NotN, I had a LOT of G1 dragons sitting around that needed to get the boot - but they'd been in my lair for too long to sort neatly at the top. So I may or may not have named ~30ish dragons "AAAAAAAH" so I could sort them to the top of the list by alphabetical name.
I usually name my fodder with the name generator. I sort by 'youngest first' in the coli so that they always show up on top.

Buuuuuuut back around NotN, I had a LOT of G1 dragons sitting around that needed to get the boot - but they'd been in my lair for too long to sort neatly at the top. So I may or may not have named ~30ish dragons "AAAAAAAH" so I could sort them to the top of the list by alphabetical name.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
1 2 3 4 5 6