Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Fodder names?
I know that training fodder is a good way to make money but I’ve been finding it hard to find time to do it and not make it mind-numbing. So I’ve been looking for names to use for my fodder that I can easilly remember without having to look at another page. I’m thinking about using the same name for all my fodder, ideally a funny name that is not used often on site. One of the people who bought a dragon I was selling named all their fodder Gavin and I find that hilarious so I want to do something like that.

So what do you usually name your fodder?
I know that training fodder is a good way to make money but I’ve been finding it hard to find time to do it and not make it mind-numbing. So I’ve been looking for names to use for my fodder that I can easilly remember without having to look at another page. I’m thinking about using the same name for all my fodder, ideally a funny name that is not used often on site. One of the people who bought a dragon I was selling named all their fodder Gavin and I find that hilarious so I want to do something like that.

So what do you usually name your fodder?
Agender (Agender flag)
Any Pronoun (Agender flag)
pZJYyk4.png
bYt72YT.png
DoQJ9XF.png
2VtxnMX.png
reHWBXk.png
Da1cz0f.png
0HBKL8H.png
l8NOdbs.png
mlHpBMC.png
5hF3FGk.png
3CzZFT6.png
cm7m9xw.png
I'm playing go fish!
1a44f62d21ba71e105062be026d9747d4f426e80.png
This tab has adoptable dragons!
I name all my male fodder dragons Thunderkeg and the female ones Shendelzare. I don't think they're exactly unique, but they're pretty close.
I name all my male fodder dragons Thunderkeg and the female ones Shendelzare. I don't think they're exactly unique, but they're pretty close.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
i sell fodder, and i name them combinations of their parents names! so for example augustine & madeira = augeira, mau, aeira, mastine, augeir, maugu, eirine. makes me come up with some weird names lol but i like it better than random ones. you could do that!
i sell fodder, and i name them combinations of their parents names! so for example augustine & madeira = augeira, mau, aeira, mastine, augeir, maugu, eirine. makes me come up with some weird names lol but i like it better than random ones. you could do that!
tumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.png
...hi, i'm slipfast

...i write free lore, you know. (more links ->)

...Bluejay-Gryphon.png...Zdpb2Zh.png
last night ive come up with the fodder name "MEATGRINDER" and thats what im gonna use for now on <3
last night ive come up with the fodder name "MEATGRINDER" and thats what im gonna use for now on <3
Name: Monty
he/it/veil
Will Wood
Fandragons
Untitled11-20240920115203.png SKIN SHOP!!! aberration f grayscale skull flower skin for preorder 475g yes!
Skin: Fishin Fiddles
LF this skin
It used to be really common for people to use a flight-specific nickname for all their fodder. I know a lot of us in Lightning used "Spark" as a name for fodder. I think Earth called them Pebbles? I don't know what nicknames the other flights had, and idk if people really do that little tradition anymore.

For "special" fodder pairs I'll use a specific naming scheme for their offspring lists. For example - https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/38284587 is part of a g1 pair with all offspring named after flowers. That way if I decide to 'retire' the parents from fodder breeding they still have a nice offspring list.
It used to be really common for people to use a flight-specific nickname for all their fodder. I know a lot of us in Lightning used "Spark" as a name for fodder. I think Earth called them Pebbles? I don't know what nicknames the other flights had, and idk if people really do that little tradition anymore.

For "special" fodder pairs I'll use a specific naming scheme for their offspring lists. For example - https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/38284587 is part of a g1 pair with all offspring named after flowers. That way if I decide to 'retire' the parents from fodder breeding they still have a nice offspring list.
OVI5Wp2.gif
Because I have a whole bird/corvid theme going on with my lair and I've come up with the idea that the members of my clan are referred to as Flocklings that's what I end up naming my fodder as well that or I just hit randomize a few times
Because I have a whole bird/corvid theme going on with my lair and I've come up with the idea that the members of my clan are referred to as Flocklings that's what I end up naming my fodder as well that or I just hit randomize a few times
33722.png previously GenderlessCrow
DxCICZ1.pngEn8qlp1.png
XmHV7tO.pngP9aWhak.png
kBHm00y.pngKRcB6uC.png
XXX
"A little rag dolly, plain as can be, has a friend who's as lovely as you" - Rag Dolly by Joe Raposo
XXX
I name any purchased fodder Guest because based on the idea that they're guests in my clan's motel. They show up, stay awhile, then leave the motel on their travels.
I name any purchased fodder Guest because based on the idea that they're guests in my clan's motel. They show up, stay awhile, then leave the motel on their travels.
roller coaster carx inkwell badgex lore clan
spiral fan
rp friendly
wishlist
free tiny buttons
xarmored wildclaw badge xconflict creature
I just name them all Doseydotes for no particular reason. it's cute and easy to remember + type (even though I copy and paste it anyways). that's only if I buy fodder though, for my own two fodder pairs I just randomize it since it looks better on their list.
I just name them all Doseydotes for no particular reason. it's cute and easy to remember + type (even though I copy and paste it anyways). that's only if I buy fodder though, for my own two fodder pairs I just randomize it since it looks better on their list.
81779860_qSs7RrU9rSfl0Rc.png wind
she/her
please do not ping me in my own forums
I name all my fodder "CallMeFighter" because it's easy to see, noticable, and I can instantly tell it's a fodder name. It's rare I keep fodder dragons, and rarer for people to want to ask for my fodder and want to keep the name as a result, so it's honestly just better for my forgetful self to know why a dragon is in my lair. The name is mostly just a play on my name "FlareFighters" and the song "Fighter" by Jack Stauber.

I'm sure there's names you might prefer with your own offspring lists, but honestly I got used to just naming like 6 lineages of dragons "Moth" and not caring before I changed the name I use.
I name all my fodder "CallMeFighter" because it's easy to see, noticable, and I can instantly tell it's a fodder name. It's rare I keep fodder dragons, and rarer for people to want to ask for my fodder and want to keep the name as a result, so it's honestly just better for my forgetful self to know why a dragon is in my lair. The name is mostly just a play on my name "FlareFighters" and the song "Fighter" by Jack Stauber.

I'm sure there's names you might prefer with your own offspring lists, but honestly I got used to just naming like 6 lineages of dragons "Moth" and not caring before I changed the name I use.
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
@Aeranautics I like your idea! It also reminds me of roblox guests which makes me laugh. I think i might use it. But I’ve already gone through my first batch of fodder and named them all bob so I’ll have to remind myeslf later.
@Aeranautics I like your idea! It also reminds me of roblox guests which makes me laugh. I think i might use it. But I’ve already gone through my first batch of fodder and named them all bob so I’ll have to remind myeslf later.
Agender (Agender flag)
Any Pronoun (Agender flag)
pZJYyk4.png
bYt72YT.png
DoQJ9XF.png
2VtxnMX.png
reHWBXk.png
Da1cz0f.png
0HBKL8H.png
l8NOdbs.png
mlHpBMC.png
5hF3FGk.png