Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WATERDOM] Library in the Sky [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 88 89
I finished Update by Dennis O'Driscoll today! I definitely marked a few poems to come back to later, there's several ekphrasis in the latter part that I really liked and I've never actually written one before, so I'd like to see what he did that I'd like to use when I try one in the future!

My next tbr is Sheine Lende by Darcie Little Badger, which I am so so excited about because I picked it up on my last bookstore trip. It's a prequel to another book that I absolutely love, and I had no idea the author was doing another story in that world, so seeing it on the shelf was a great surprise!
I finished Update by Dennis O'Driscoll today! I definitely marked a few poems to come back to later, there's several ekphrasis in the latter part that I really liked and I've never actually written one before, so I'd like to see what he did that I'd like to use when I try one in the future!

My next tbr is Sheine Lende by Darcie Little Badger, which I am so so excited about because I picked it up on my last bookstore trip. It's a prequel to another book that I absolutely love, and I had no idea the author was doing another story in that world, so seeing it on the shelf was a great surprise!
92bcc7d7d689fe286303c49e683f598a68d2fe58.png
Was able to read a bit more of the Kartia Let's Play on Saturday! Definitely been interesting -- last time we played this game was over a decade ago, and I was surprised at how much of it I'd forgotten. At the same time, it's been fun to revisit the story as an adult and pick out details that sailed over my head as a kid. The LPer's comments are pretty helpful too. I had so many "Ohhh!" moments when they explained various in-game mechanics we'd missed in the past.

April 27: What's next on your tbr?
After finishing Nicholas and Alexandra, I'll most likely borrow another book of my dad's, I think it was called Events Leading up to WWII. If I don't feel like delving further into history, I've still got several books I haven't opened yet. There's What the F (which discusses swear words), A Hat Full of Sky (another Discworld novel, whoo!), and Etymologicon (about the origins of words and various everyday expressions).

I'm actually kinda glad I'm mostly busy these days. It's nice to have a backlog of things I'm actually excited to read, instead of just staring at my bookshelf, wondering what exactly I'm looking for this time. xD
Was able to read a bit more of the Kartia Let's Play on Saturday! Definitely been interesting -- last time we played this game was over a decade ago, and I was surprised at how much of it I'd forgotten. At the same time, it's been fun to revisit the story as an adult and pick out details that sailed over my head as a kid. The LPer's comments are pretty helpful too. I had so many "Ohhh!" moments when they explained various in-game mechanics we'd missed in the past.

April 27: What's next on your tbr?
After finishing Nicholas and Alexandra, I'll most likely borrow another book of my dad's, I think it was called Events Leading up to WWII. If I don't feel like delving further into history, I've still got several books I haven't opened yet. There's What the F (which discusses swear words), A Hat Full of Sky (another Discworld novel, whoo!), and Etymologicon (about the origins of words and various everyday expressions).

I'm actually kinda glad I'm mostly busy these days. It's nice to have a backlog of things I'm actually excited to read, instead of just staring at my bookshelf, wondering what exactly I'm looking for this time. xD
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Apr 27 Daily Reading:

Today I read a news article about how "exposing deaf children to sign language before and after cochlear implantation has positive effects on spoken language," contrary to the popular belief that learning sign interferes with the learning of spoken language after the implant has restored hearing.

What's next on your tbr?

Fledgling by Octavia Butler!
Apr 27 Daily Reading:

Today I read a news article about how "exposing deaf children to sign language before and after cochlear implantation has positive effects on spoken language," contrary to the popular belief that learning sign interferes with the learning of spoken language after the implant has restored hearing.

What's next on your tbr?

Fledgling by Octavia Butler!
ePOliyb.png
5iXiC8z.png
XcoCtCD.png
dEe2UrM.png
5hF3FGk.png
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Animated Pixel Drake Statues by vehemourn

Daily reading
Happy Independent Bookstore Day! ^_^ I got some new books I'm really excited about today from my local indie store. I was so excited to see a new book from Amanda Montell, The Age of Magical Overthinking, which I started earlier and am really enjoying so far.

Daily question: What's next on your tbr?
Next is a book on internet linguistics, Because Internet. Internet linguistics are my passion!!

I will definitely be sending some treasure so I can get the library card~
Daily reading
Happy Independent Bookstore Day! ^_^ I got some new books I'm really excited about today from my local indie store. I was so excited to see a new book from Amanda Montell, The Age of Magical Overthinking, which I started earlier and am really enjoying so far.

Daily question: What's next on your tbr?
Next is a book on internet linguistics, Because Internet. Internet linguistics are my passion!!

I will definitely be sending some treasure so I can get the library card~
......................... tumblr_inline_mlln9e2VE81qz4rgp.png
S P O O K
acolyte of the icewarden
fr+3 • gaoler lover
tumblr_inline_mlln9hTsyE1qz4rgp.png
Daily reading: I've started a new book called "Spelled" by Betsy Schow. It's the genre I call "fractured fairytale", turning the Wizard of Oz story on its ear. Our cursed princess has accidentally cursed her own home, and is finally free to leave the castle, which she is about to do, along with a transformed visiting prince her parents had been about to force her into marriage with for an alliance. Adventures will ensue! I look forward to seeing exactly how...

Daily question:
I assume "tbr" means "to be read", and I have a couple of books recommended here in line to be shipped to my library for pick-up soon! But aside from those, I have the first book in Naomi Novik's 'Scholomance' series, "A Deadly Education", waiting to be started, and the next two after that, on loan from a friend irl who recommended them. It's a wizard school set-up complicated by murder. Fun, huh?
Daily reading: I've started a new book called "Spelled" by Betsy Schow. It's the genre I call "fractured fairytale", turning the Wizard of Oz story on its ear. Our cursed princess has accidentally cursed her own home, and is finally free to leave the castle, which she is about to do, along with a transformed visiting prince her parents had been about to force her into marriage with for an alliance. Adventures will ensue! I look forward to seeing exactly how...

Daily question:
I assume "tbr" means "to be read", and I have a couple of books recommended here in line to be shipped to my library for pick-up soon! But aside from those, I have the first book in Naomi Novik's 'Scholomance' series, "A Deadly Education", waiting to be started, and the next two after that, on loan from a friend irl who recommended them. It's a wizard school set-up complicated by murder. Fun, huh?
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
What's next on your tbr?
i think im going to read Death's End by Cixin Liu or Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson next? depends on which i can get my hands on first c:

Daily Reading
I was reading bridgerton but got bored so started and finished a book called the paris apartment. it was good but it failed to get me excited for anything because the characters weren't all that likeable.
What's next on your tbr?
i think im going to read Death's End by Cixin Liu or Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson next? depends on which i can get my hands on first c:

Daily Reading
I was reading bridgerton but got bored so started and finished a book called the paris apartment. it was good but it failed to get me excited for anything because the characters weren't all that likeable.
Ccnk6GC.gifS5BGfck.gifCSkG6yq.gifMMfFirK.gifRKtq0HD.gifOLv0Mii.gif92mLQx5.gif92ST5Ld.gif
4/27: Continued Wired For Story by Lisa Cron. This chapter I learned about setups and payoffs, how to lead the reader through disguised setups and down the road to a satisfying and surprising conclusion. It was a little hard to understand but it referred to making sure there aren't any red herrings that have no payoff later.

Question: What's next on your tbr?
I'm going to try reading The Disabled Tyrant's Beloved Pet Fish, I just bought the book and I heard it's pretty funny. It's a danmei about someone who becomes a fish and has to woo an emperor into not being evil.
4/27: Continued Wired For Story by Lisa Cron. This chapter I learned about setups and payoffs, how to lead the reader through disguised setups and down the road to a satisfying and surprising conclusion. It was a little hard to understand but it referred to making sure there aren't any red herrings that have no payoff later.

Question: What's next on your tbr?
I'm going to try reading The Disabled Tyrant's Beloved Pet Fish, I just bought the book and I heard it's pretty funny. It's a danmei about someone who becomes a fish and has to woo an emperor into not being evil.
TntJeP6.png M7v69JN.png
What’s next on your tbr?

Quite a few books! Most looking forward to The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman.

Daily reading

Re-read Watership Down today. It’s just such a good story.

Thank you for doing this event! Had loads of fun with it!
What’s next on your tbr?

Quite a few books! Most looking forward to The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman.

Daily reading

Re-read Watership Down today. It’s just such a good story.

Thank you for doing this event! Had loads of fun with it!
@sunfishe By the way, I believe I've done all 14 days but I forgot to submit a form for most of those. Is it easier for you guys if I just submit one form with all the links, or should I do them all separately?

For instance, I could put:
4/26: (link here)
4/27: (link here)

All of my bonus questions are in the same post as my reading post, so at least that will be easy;;;
@sunfishe By the way, I believe I've done all 14 days but I forgot to submit a form for most of those. Is it easier for you guys if I just submit one form with all the links, or should I do them all separately?

For instance, I could put:
4/26: (link here)
4/27: (link here)

All of my bonus questions are in the same post as my reading post, so at least that will be easy;;;
TntJeP6.png M7v69JN.png
Next on my tbr (after I finish my Good Omens project ofc) is the Adventurers Wanted series (I'm in a D&D mood and the vibes are strong with that one).

Today I went over more site lore (wanted to look back at pearlcatchers and pearl lore to see what was actually there and what was just sorta site-wide headcanon/personal headcanon that I thought was actually there to see if a pearlcatcher making a new pearl with a different core was frowned upon or not).

Time to send in treasure for the missing streak badge/library card!
Next on my tbr (after I finish my Good Omens project ofc) is the Adventurers Wanted series (I'm in a D&D mood and the vibes are strong with that one).

Today I went over more site lore (wanted to look back at pearlcatchers and pearl lore to see what was actually there and what was just sorta site-wide headcanon/personal headcanon that I thought was actually there to see if a pearlcatcher making a new pearl with a different core was frowned upon or not).

Time to send in treasure for the missing streak badge/library card!
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa