Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Rollercoasters: love or hate 'em?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
I love them but haven't been on one for years. :( I'm hoping once all this is over I'll be able to go to a theme park! Only problem is that I have chronic pain so I'll definitely pay for it later since there's so much jostling around.
I love them but haven't been on one for years. :( I'm hoping once all this is over I'll be able to go to a theme park! Only problem is that I have chronic pain so I'll definitely pay for it later since there's so much jostling around.
I can't go on them at all since I get motion sick so I wouldn't say I hate them since I don't hate things but they're just not my thing. However I'm also not scared of them so I can understand why people like them due to the thrill.
I can't go on them at all since I get motion sick so I wouldn't say I hate them since I don't hate things but they're just not my thing. However I'm also not scared of them so I can understand why people like them due to the thrill.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
I love roller coasters! The bigger and the more loops the roller coaster has the better.
I'm not the biggest fan of vertical chain lifts though.

I once rode a roller coaster with 10 loops 5 times back to back before now, could of ridden it more if I hadn't gone for front seat rider every time.

One of my faves is Air at Alton Towers (though it may of changed names since I last went idk 5 years ago).

Whilst I enjoy the roller coasters and other rides at theme parks, the crowds and queue jumpers irritate the heck out of me and take out some of the fun of being at a theme park.
I love roller coasters! The bigger and the more loops the roller coaster has the better.
I'm not the biggest fan of vertical chain lifts though.

I once rode a roller coaster with 10 loops 5 times back to back before now, could of ridden it more if I hadn't gone for front seat rider every time.

One of my faves is Air at Alton Towers (though it may of changed names since I last went idk 5 years ago).

Whilst I enjoy the roller coasters and other rides at theme parks, the crowds and queue jumpers irritate the heck out of me and take out some of the fun of being at a theme park.
tumblr_pquf5x7lT91soemy4_250.png 27 / ISTJ / NB / FR+8

I draw things!
Toyhouse
Tumblr
Twitter
Services Offering:
Coli grinding & fodder leveling
[quote name="@Asthenia" date="2020-09-10 12:17:55" ] LOVE THEM!! The thrill of riding an high-speed coaster is wonderfully exhilarating, and I feel 100% safe on big coasters at any major theme park. Theme parks are the thing I miss the second most because of all this quarantine stuff (second only to concerts). :( My favorite theme park is Busch Gardens Williamsburg! Sadly I no longer live in the area and have no idea when/if I'll be able to go again, but they have some of the most fun thrill coasters I've ever been on such as Apollo's Chariot and Griffon. The last time I went was 2-3 years ago (I think Invadr was the ride that had newly opened at the time?) so I unfortunately haven't had a chance to go on their newer rides D: I did visit the Busch Gardens park in Tampa once on a family vacation but at the time was too fearful of coasters to go on any of the more intense rides. Would love to make a trip down that way again once the world finally gets back to normal and actually give it a proper visit this time around. On that note I recommend either of the Busch Gardens parks even if you're not a coaster rider. They both have some gorgeous scenery, cool theming (the VA one is based on European countries, the FL one based on African countries), animal exhibits, and usually a selection of shows/performances to watch throughout your day. My favorite is the one at the VA park (can't remember if it's also in the FL park?) called "Pet Shenanigans" where animals are trained to do a variety of goofy trick routines. It's super cute and wholesome! [/quote] Yooooooooo I was about to post about Busch Gardens! Tampa though, I've never been to any theme parks outside Florida, but man the Busch Gardens here is a veritable mecca of roller coasters. AND [i]BOY DO I LOVE ROLLER COASTERS[/i] <3 <3 <3 Tampa has a coaster called Cheetah Hunt that is absolutely phenomenal. The only downside is the wait is always longer than the other coasters, but it's understandable because it's just that good. Then there's Montu and Kumba which are classics (they've been mainstays of the park since I was a kid, and let me tell you it's been quite a while since I was a kid), and Sheikra if you're feeling like the regular thrills just aren't doing it for you. That drop, man. <3 God do I miss going to Busch Gardens (any theme parks really but especially Busch Gardens). Someone please end covid soon :<
@Asthenia wrote on 2020-09-10 12:17:55:
LOVE THEM!! The thrill of riding an high-speed coaster is wonderfully exhilarating, and I feel 100% safe on big coasters at any major theme park. Theme parks are the thing I miss the second most because of all this quarantine stuff (second only to concerts). :(

My favorite theme park is Busch Gardens Williamsburg! Sadly I no longer live in the area and have no idea when/if I'll be able to go again, but they have some of the most fun thrill coasters I've ever been on such as Apollo's Chariot and Griffon. The last time I went was 2-3 years ago (I think Invadr was the ride that had newly opened at the time?) so I unfortunately haven't had a chance to go on their newer rides D: I did visit the Busch Gardens park in Tampa once on a family vacation but at the time was too fearful of coasters to go on any of the more intense rides. Would love to make a trip down that way again once the world finally gets back to normal and actually give it a proper visit this time around.

On that note I recommend either of the Busch Gardens parks even if you're not a coaster rider. They both have some gorgeous scenery, cool theming (the VA one is based on European countries, the FL one based on African countries), animal exhibits, and usually a selection of shows/performances to watch throughout your day. My favorite is the one at the VA park (can't remember if it's also in the FL park?) called "Pet Shenanigans" where animals are trained to do a variety of goofy trick routines. It's super cute and wholesome!
Yooooooooo I was about to post about Busch Gardens! Tampa though, I've never been to any theme parks outside Florida, but man the Busch Gardens here is a veritable mecca of roller coasters. AND BOY DO I LOVE ROLLER COASTERS <3 <3 <3

Tampa has a coaster called Cheetah Hunt that is absolutely phenomenal. The only downside is the wait is always longer than the other coasters, but it's understandable because it's just that good. Then there's Montu and Kumba which are classics (they've been mainstays of the park since I was a kid, and let me tell you it's been quite a while since I was a kid), and Sheikra if you're feeling like the regular thrills just aren't doing it for you. That drop, man. <3

God do I miss going to Busch Gardens (any theme parks really but especially Busch Gardens). Someone please end covid soon :<
xxxxxxxxxx 0Srkgnv.gif NkoiOuv.gif Gwrjw2w.gif JQCpKiY.gif
I like them. I wouldn't say I would go on any rollercoaster, but overall I like them. It's rare that I get to ride them.
I like them. I wouldn't say I would go on any rollercoaster, but overall I like them. It's rare that I get to ride them.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
@FOXHOUND
Hmmm... I wonder what my answer will be? Lmao

I'm a roller coaster fanatic. I crave the sensory stimulation of fast speed and air time. I just officially joined ACE for my birthday last month. Been wanting to do that for a long time. This was a sad year, because I didn't get to go on my annual pilgrimage to Cedar Point due to the coronavirus.

And this was CP's 150th anniversary. Big disappointment. But next year? I'm going to have a blowout!

My all-time favorite roller coaster is Cedar Point's Magnum XL-200. It's the roller coaster pictured in my signature. It was the first hypercoaster, or coaster over 200 feet tall. That is where my user name comes from. (Technically, a hypercoaster is a coaster with a lift hill between 200 and 299 feet. Giga coaster is 300-399 ft, and strata coaster is coaster with 400+ feet. Also, a traditional hypercoaster should mimic an out-and-back wooden coaster and not have any loops.)

The Magnum has amazing air time, best I've ever experienced. And it offers a unique riding experience based on the time period in which it was built. It's steel, so it's a lot smoother than a wooden coaster, but it was built in 1989, so the engineers were still designing without the use of computers and welded the steel track together by hand. So, it's a lot rougher than modern steel coasters. And I absolutely love the mix of smooth and rough. I also love its chain lift. Its sound is euphoric for me. As much as I love Millennium Force, it will never beat the Magnum due to it being TOO smooth and not having a chain lift.

Amusement parks and their rides have been a fascination of mine since very early childhood. I love the lights, sounds, and vestibular stimulation. I've always been fascinated with roller coasters, but they became one of my main special interests around age 11 when I started actually riding them. My sensory issues have changed over the years, so when I was younger, I preferred spinning rides, which I still love to this day, but disliked the dips and drops of most roller coasters. My parents bribed me to go on the Magnum when I was 6 (back when it was the Top Thrill Dragster of its day), and it scared me to death. I hated it! Tried it again at age 12, and it's been a love affair ever since. I have a personal history with the Magnum, and it will forever have a special place in my heart.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm sure one part of my fascination with roller coasters and amusement park rides is that they are literally physics in motion. I could watch them for hours. I love the science behind it.

Also, POV videos of coasters bore me to death. They don't thrill me whatsoever. I only watch them if I'm really desperate or if I've never been on a ride and want to see the overall layout of the track. But for me, roller coasters are all about the physical sensation, and you get none of that from POV videos. I'd much rather watch a video of someone filming a coaster car go around the track.
@FOXHOUND
Hmmm... I wonder what my answer will be? Lmao

I'm a roller coaster fanatic. I crave the sensory stimulation of fast speed and air time. I just officially joined ACE for my birthday last month. Been wanting to do that for a long time. This was a sad year, because I didn't get to go on my annual pilgrimage to Cedar Point due to the coronavirus.

And this was CP's 150th anniversary. Big disappointment. But next year? I'm going to have a blowout!

My all-time favorite roller coaster is Cedar Point's Magnum XL-200. It's the roller coaster pictured in my signature. It was the first hypercoaster, or coaster over 200 feet tall. That is where my user name comes from. (Technically, a hypercoaster is a coaster with a lift hill between 200 and 299 feet. Giga coaster is 300-399 ft, and strata coaster is coaster with 400+ feet. Also, a traditional hypercoaster should mimic an out-and-back wooden coaster and not have any loops.)

The Magnum has amazing air time, best I've ever experienced. And it offers a unique riding experience based on the time period in which it was built. It's steel, so it's a lot smoother than a wooden coaster, but it was built in 1989, so the engineers were still designing without the use of computers and welded the steel track together by hand. So, it's a lot rougher than modern steel coasters. And I absolutely love the mix of smooth and rough. I also love its chain lift. Its sound is euphoric for me. As much as I love Millennium Force, it will never beat the Magnum due to it being TOO smooth and not having a chain lift.

Amusement parks and their rides have been a fascination of mine since very early childhood. I love the lights, sounds, and vestibular stimulation. I've always been fascinated with roller coasters, but they became one of my main special interests around age 11 when I started actually riding them. My sensory issues have changed over the years, so when I was younger, I preferred spinning rides, which I still love to this day, but disliked the dips and drops of most roller coasters. My parents bribed me to go on the Magnum when I was 6 (back when it was the Top Thrill Dragster of its day), and it scared me to death. I hated it! Tried it again at age 12, and it's been a love affair ever since. I have a personal history with the Magnum, and it will forever have a special place in my heart.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm sure one part of my fascination with roller coasters and amusement park rides is that they are literally physics in motion. I could watch them for hours. I love the science behind it.

Also, POV videos of coasters bore me to death. They don't thrill me whatsoever. I only watch them if I'm really desperate or if I've never been on a ride and want to see the overall layout of the track. But for me, roller coasters are all about the physical sensation, and you get none of that from POV videos. I'd much rather watch a video of someone filming a coaster car go around the track.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
I love them unless they go underground or inside, like darkness. However, completly inside ones are ok.
I love them unless they go underground or inside, like darkness. However, completly inside ones are ok.
cfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifUntitled304.pngFRArtIcon.pngFR_UMA_Icon.pngFRNestIcon.png
~ Luck of the Best Bois ~ FR+3 She/her
I love them with all my heart. Jet-Ski's too.
I love them with all my heart. Jet-Ski's too.
No, I'll pass. I went on a mini one, in Kennywood I believe, it's probably gonna be the only one I go on even IF we go back to an amusement park. (kinda a rarity in my family)
No, I'll pass. I went on a mini one, in Kennywood I believe, it's probably gonna be the only one I go on even IF we go back to an amusement park. (kinda a rarity in my family)
I love them!! I occasionally get nervous right before I got on(what if my harness breaks? What if I get stuck upside-down???) but once I'm on it's super exhilarating and I always want to go again.
I love them!! I occasionally get nervous right before I got on(what if my harness breaks? What if I get stuck upside-down???) but once I'm on it's super exhilarating and I always want to go again.
d00165ea3be20b3a332165f1cb02d923a7868fe5.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13