Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Rollercoasters: love or hate 'em?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
@deztora

Aw man now I just want to go even more badly haha! I've heard great things about Cheetah Hunt, and iirc Sheikra is a sister coaster to BG Williamsburg's Griffon (which I absolutely adore!!)
@deztora

Aw man now I just want to go even more badly haha! I've heard great things about Cheetah Hunt, and iirc Sheikra is a sister coaster to BG Williamsburg's Griffon (which I absolutely adore!!)
Never be afraid to ping me!
Things like ferris wheels are okay if they aren't too shaky but everything else is a big no. Horrible, fast-moving things will make me feel sick.
Things like ferris wheels are okay if they aren't too shaky but everything else is a big no. Horrible, fast-moving things will make me feel sick.
w3Zfvla.gif -Wishlist
-She/Her
-Pings are ok!
-You matter
”If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.” - Carl Sagan
I like riding rollercoasters but I have yet to ride one that has more intense twists and turns like those ones with the loop-de-loops
too scared of those but maybe someday I'd be brave enough to ride one
I like riding rollercoasters but I have yet to ride one that has more intense twists and turns like those ones with the loop-de-loops
too scared of those but maybe someday I'd be brave enough to ride one
n9sEhSB.png you can call me Qwil
there is no U anywhere in my username
nej6cGW.png
JHqnR5C.png
FObX7rS.png
8GgdVkW.png
I adore them, the more intense the better! The high is indescribably awesome and addictive. I love riding them with my friends and family too, I swear there's something about them that helps you bond.
I adore them, the more intense the better! The high is indescribably awesome and addictive. I love riding them with my friends and family too, I swear there's something about them that helps you bond.
td9UiZS.png
For me it depends. <:{
I get major anxiety on most rides. Even on the ones that I've been on already. <X] It's just the atmosphere and the whole line waiting I think that makes it worse.
And it doesn't help if you get motion sickness. <XC
But I've been more comfortable on small coasters mostly. 8( I won't go on BIG BIG ones!

Buuuut, one exception is The Silver Bullet at Knott's Berry Farm. Which is a suspended coaster. >u>; And I always got anxiety in line...but once I got on I was fine. I could only ever ride it twice before I started to feel like I was gonna hurl tho. >~>; Never ride it 3 times in a row.

Now, I don't think I'll be getting on a coaster for a few years! o_o;
For me it depends. <:{
I get major anxiety on most rides. Even on the ones that I've been on already. <X] It's just the atmosphere and the whole line waiting I think that makes it worse.
And it doesn't help if you get motion sickness. <XC
But I've been more comfortable on small coasters mostly. 8( I won't go on BIG BIG ones!

Buuuut, one exception is The Silver Bullet at Knott's Berry Farm. Which is a suspended coaster. >u>; And I always got anxiety in line...but once I got on I was fine. I could only ever ride it twice before I started to feel like I was gonna hurl tho. >~>; Never ride it 3 times in a row.

Now, I don't think I'll be getting on a coaster for a few years! o_o;
+~She/Her Majesty/Her Highness~+
prideflag_micro_ace_animated.gif Boop snootsarbok.gif Not boots prideflag_micro_ace_animated.gif
I like moderate rollercoasters, but only moderate rollercoasters. Nothing extreme. Six Flags is completely off of the table for me. The most I can do, honestly, are the basic rollercoasters at Disneyland: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Anything more, I get way too nauseous and get super motion sickness and can't go through the rest of the day without a headache/dizzyness. And also, bigger rollercoasters just aren't.... fun? for me? They lose the theme and I feel like the point of the bigger ones (most Six Flags coasters) are just there to make you puke.
I like moderate rollercoasters, but only moderate rollercoasters. Nothing extreme. Six Flags is completely off of the table for me. The most I can do, honestly, are the basic rollercoasters at Disneyland: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Anything more, I get way too nauseous and get super motion sickness and can't go through the rest of the day without a headache/dizzyness. And also, bigger rollercoasters just aren't.... fun? for me? They lose the theme and I feel like the point of the bigger ones (most Six Flags coasters) are just there to make you puke.
cormbreb-FRsig.png
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them a bit too much. Especially the upside down ones

Last time I ride one I was literally screaming and laughing at the same time
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them a bit too much. Especially the upside down ones

Last time I ride one I was literally screaming and laughing at the same time
oN0doZI.gif

SilverRipple
Female ~ She/They
FR+15 hrs
The contents of this message have been removed. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Flight Rising Support.
The contents of this message have been removed. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Flight Rising Support.
This is weird because I went through a phase where I hated rollercoasters and refused to get on them. Then, I went through a phase where I absolutely loved them, and I'd ride on literally any coaster, even the really scary ones. THEN I think I watched Final Destination 3, and that put me off ever going near one again. It's just not worth the risk, and the idea of being injured on a coaster is too horrifying.
This is weird because I went through a phase where I hated rollercoasters and refused to get on them. Then, I went through a phase where I absolutely loved them, and I'd ride on literally any coaster, even the really scary ones. THEN I think I watched Final Destination 3, and that put me off ever going near one again. It's just not worth the risk, and the idea of being injured on a coaster is too horrifying.
mIooUy9.png
@Kiserath
Your short height shouldn't deter you from riding coasters. Height requirements are made for a reason, and so long as you meet the height requirement, you'll be fine. Safety tests for amusement park rides are under rigorous inspection and laws. Plus, almost all coasters have a seat belt in addition to a lap bar or shoulder harness, so in the extremely small chance that the restraint would fail, you wouldn't fall out due to the seat belt.

@martinseptim
On a similar note, roller coasters and amusement park rides are extremely safe. You are much, much more likely to have an accident riding in or driving a car than you ever would riding a roller coaster.
@Kiserath
Your short height shouldn't deter you from riding coasters. Height requirements are made for a reason, and so long as you meet the height requirement, you'll be fine. Safety tests for amusement park rides are under rigorous inspection and laws. Plus, almost all coasters have a seat belt in addition to a lap bar or shoulder harness, so in the extremely small chance that the restraint would fail, you wouldn't fall out due to the seat belt.

@martinseptim
On a similar note, roller coasters and amusement park rides are extremely safe. You are much, much more likely to have an accident riding in or driving a car than you ever would riding a roller coaster.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13