Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Anniversary predictions?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
I always hope for more lair space
I always hope for more lair space
egg.gif
[quote name="Dreu" date="2021-05-30 11:22:38" ] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/be0db825d12546a5df740f5169d2a322/046edba17192a716-52/s1280x1920/b300c9324f2201026f849faf779982ad54267a6c.png[/img] [/quote] please
Dreu wrote on 2021-05-30 11:22:38:
b300c9324f2201026f849faf779982ad54267a6c.png
please
y6Tz96p.pngFObX7rS.pngy6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
new modern [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1]
new modern
fawn -- she/her -- FR +3 -- pings okay!lighth3.png
I'm predicting a revamp at the very least. I'm hoping for a Nesting Grounds one since that seems more exciting for me and possibly new stuff. I have no idea on the progress of PVP or Coli revamp (I'm surprised that needed a revamp too!). I don't expect modern until 2022 or later.
I'm predicting a revamp at the very least. I'm hoping for a Nesting Grounds one since that seems more exciting for me and possibly new stuff. I have no idea on the progress of PVP or Coli revamp (I'm surprised that needed a revamp too!). I don't expect modern until 2022 or later.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
Familiar apparel.
sadly I doubt it but IT WOULD BE CUTE. I keep seeing new materials from coli drops that say "this is far too small for a dragon" and I can't tell if its just a running joke with the site now or if its a hint for something.

I assume tidelord will come back! I hope so at least. Modern breed would be... so nice because I think at this point we all swear its tidelord coming with a new breed. The question is just when, and I hope its for the anniversary!

I don't think pvp is large enough to be just an anniversary update. Or maybe! who knows how it'll be when released
Familiar apparel.
sadly I doubt it but IT WOULD BE CUTE. I keep seeing new materials from coli drops that say "this is far too small for a dragon" and I can't tell if its just a running joke with the site now or if its a hint for something.

I assume tidelord will come back! I hope so at least. Modern breed would be... so nice because I think at this point we all swear its tidelord coming with a new breed. The question is just when, and I hope its for the anniversary!

I don't think pvp is large enough to be just an anniversary update. Or maybe! who knows how it'll be when released
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
fFNApWQ.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
S3J5uo7.png
Open to all Pings/PMs. Don't be shy, I'd love to chat!

Beasts collected: 1070. If you're offering any familiars I'm missing, please contact me!
u6ogC2Q.gif
Maybe we'll finally find out what the heck happened to Tidelord? It's been years now.
Maybe we'll finally find out what the heck happened to Tidelord? It's been years now.
Please help me raise my Dragon Cave hatchlings and hatch my eggs by viewing and clicking on them. :D (A big thank you to everyone who has already helped!)
FR likes to do big surprises for its anniversary features.

It also likes to do things that shake up gameplay- Vistas, more colors, a new type of breed, the eye fiasco, Scenes. So, if we get a revamp, it will be something that adds a new wrinkle to things, more customizeability.

Also, things that shake things up TOO much, and are part of people's normal gameplay, (MP and AH revamp, more colors, Ancients, even Coli PvP) we get a "here's what we are thinking" sort of heads up post. They paid the price for not doing that with the eyepocalypse. Since we haven't seen anything like that, we can conclude that it's something that will likely be on the more aesthetic side and they don't THINK it will negatively impact anyone's daily gameplay. This is why I'm also leaning "less likely to be new modern" based on the last heads up we got, though of course keep yer eyes peeled for the weird stuff onsite that foreshadows a new breed of any sort. We are also due for a new Ancient, but I don't think that's groundbreaking enough for an Anni feature.

As far as revamps go, Nesting Grounds and Clan Profile seem like decent candidates- it's hard to think of a way to majorly change the base "pair two dragons to get a nest of 1-5 eggos" or "put some graphics and stuff to tell people about your Clan". However, both have pretty popular suggestions around them- built-in nest rentals, or something along the lines of Scenes and Vistas.

We haven't seen any updates besides the eye vials since the Sandswept expansion in mid-April (and the eye vials I think are a pretty low-key update since it seems like it could mostly work with prior-generated art and code) which makes me think that whatever the update is, it has a lot of work involved for both the Art and Coding teams. Now, there was the site slowdown problem too that might have taken some coding team time, but I honestly think that it was more the "troubleshooting" people than the "make new things" people.

If I had to take a guess at something from Suggestions that might become a feature, Quaternary Genes look pretty plausible. Idk though.

In conclusion, HYPE!
FR likes to do big surprises for its anniversary features.

It also likes to do things that shake up gameplay- Vistas, more colors, a new type of breed, the eye fiasco, Scenes. So, if we get a revamp, it will be something that adds a new wrinkle to things, more customizeability.

Also, things that shake things up TOO much, and are part of people's normal gameplay, (MP and AH revamp, more colors, Ancients, even Coli PvP) we get a "here's what we are thinking" sort of heads up post. They paid the price for not doing that with the eyepocalypse. Since we haven't seen anything like that, we can conclude that it's something that will likely be on the more aesthetic side and they don't THINK it will negatively impact anyone's daily gameplay. This is why I'm also leaning "less likely to be new modern" based on the last heads up we got, though of course keep yer eyes peeled for the weird stuff onsite that foreshadows a new breed of any sort. We are also due for a new Ancient, but I don't think that's groundbreaking enough for an Anni feature.

As far as revamps go, Nesting Grounds and Clan Profile seem like decent candidates- it's hard to think of a way to majorly change the base "pair two dragons to get a nest of 1-5 eggos" or "put some graphics and stuff to tell people about your Clan". However, both have pretty popular suggestions around them- built-in nest rentals, or something along the lines of Scenes and Vistas.

We haven't seen any updates besides the eye vials since the Sandswept expansion in mid-April (and the eye vials I think are a pretty low-key update since it seems like it could mostly work with prior-generated art and code) which makes me think that whatever the update is, it has a lot of work involved for both the Art and Coding teams. Now, there was the site slowdown problem too that might have taken some coding team time, but I honestly think that it was more the "troubleshooting" people than the "make new things" people.

If I had to take a guess at something from Suggestions that might become a feature, Quaternary Genes look pretty plausible. Idk though.

In conclusion, HYPE!
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2021-05-30 17:06:06" ] If I had to take a guess at something from Suggestions that might become a feature, Quaternary Genes look pretty plausible. Idk though. [/quote] After the disaster that was eyepocalypse, the closest to a big gene update I'd imagine we could get is line breaking genes on select moderns. If they say, dropped randomized colors for a 4th gene type? People would lose their minds.
Renaiwom wrote on 2021-05-30 17:06:06:

After the disaster that was eyepocalypse, the closest to a big gene update I'd imagine we could get is line breaking genes on select moderns.

If they say, dropped randomized colors for a 4th gene type? People would lose their minds.
[quote name="CarmineCountess" date="2021-05-30 17:18:09" ] [quote name="Renaiwom" date="2021-05-30 17:06:06" ] If I had to take a guess at something from Suggestions that might become a feature, Quaternary Genes look pretty plausible. Idk though. [/quote] After the disaster that was eyepocalypse, the closest to a big gene update I'd imagine we could get is line breaking genes on select moderns. If they say, dropped randomized colors for a 4th gene type? People would lose their minds. [/quote] @CarmineCountess the thread in question specifically is not adding more colors, but changing how the existing patterns are displayed (for example, white patches like Pie/Paint, or spreading the primary color/gene pattern onto the wings/secondary color/pattern onto the body).
CarmineCountess wrote on 2021-05-30 17:18:09:
Renaiwom wrote on 2021-05-30 17:06:06:

After the disaster that was eyepocalypse, the closest to a big gene update I'd imagine we could get is line breaking genes on select moderns.

If they say, dropped randomized colors for a 4th gene type? People would lose their minds.

@CarmineCountess the thread in question specifically is not adding more colors, but changing how the existing patterns are displayed (for example, white patches like Pie/Paint, or spreading the primary color/gene pattern onto the wings/secondary color/pattern onto the body).
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Hmmm...maybe nesting ground revamp,or that banner above your clan art update,or tidelord comes back with a post explaining where he was.
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png