Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Anniversary predictions?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17
I'm hoping it's a nesting revamp!
I'm hoping it's a nesting revamp!
[quote name="000000" date="2021-06-03 08:58:44" ] Also, looking at the site refractor update progress, the overhauls that were in active development at that time that haven't already been released are: Gem purchases, and Tomo's. [/quote] It wasn’t obvious, but they are actually released since they have the “www1.” They were just only mentioned on the Site Status if I remember right. Anyone can correct me if I’m wrong.
000000 wrote on 2021-06-03 08:58:44:
Also, looking at the site refractor update progress, the overhauls that were in active development at that time that haven't already been released are: Gem purchases, and Tomo's.
It wasn’t obvious, but they are actually released since they have the “www1.” They were just only mentioned on the Site Status if I remember right. Anyone can correct me if I’m wrong.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
[quote name="DarkVixen" date="2021-06-03 09:07:44" ] [quote name="000000" date="2021-06-03 08:58:44" ] Also, looking at the site refractor update progress, the overhauls that were in active development at that time that haven't already been released are: Gem purchases, and Tomo's. [/quote] It wasn’t obvious, but they are actually released since they have the “www1.” They were just only mentioned on the Site Status if I remember right. Anyone can correct me if I’m wrong. [/quote] Oh yeah, I remember those updates now that you mention it. I suppose I forgot because I expect that eventually they'll update the art on all of the Trading Post NPCs. But it's possible that won't happen until some time later. Although, with that in mind, it's also possible that the Nesting grounds, Dom, Festive Favors, etc. won't get any kind of revamp either when they're refactored. I Know PVP has been discussed by the devs (although considering beta hasn't started yet, that probaly won't be released with the Anni, unless that's when beta testing starts) but besides that, have then mentioned anything about revamping those gameplay aspects? :thinking:
DarkVixen wrote on 2021-06-03 09:07:44:
000000 wrote on 2021-06-03 08:58:44:
Also, looking at the site refractor update progress, the overhauls that were in active development at that time that haven't already been released are: Gem purchases, and Tomo's.
It wasn’t obvious, but they are actually released since they have the “www1.” They were just only mentioned on the Site Status if I remember right. Anyone can correct me if I’m wrong.

Oh yeah, I remember those updates now that you mention it. I suppose I forgot because I expect that eventually they'll update the art on all of the Trading Post NPCs. But it's possible that won't happen until some time later.

Although, with that in mind, it's also possible that the Nesting grounds, Dom, Festive Favors, etc. won't get any kind of revamp either when they're refactored. I Know PVP has been discussed by the devs (although considering beta hasn't started yet, that probaly won't be released with the Anni, unless that's when beta testing starts) but besides that, have then mentioned anything about revamping those gameplay aspects? :thinking:
i believe that you believe there is a heaven
where you belong.
he/him
PLEADE MODERN BREED
PLEADE MODERN BREED
I honestly wasn't going to believe the new modern hype...been around too long to get my hopes up there...except someone mentioned the Jan 2020 post. And darn.

Could it REALLY be? They were 75% done with the apparel backlog over a year ago. Adult images done. All that was left was 25% of the apparel backlog, hatchie art, and genes (which were redone so they weren't as time consuming)... A year and half from that post and it sounds like it could actually be a thing. Especially when you consider they haven't done a gene or apparel up date for awhile this year. -fingers and toes crossed-

Now I'm REALLY hyped for the 8th!
I honestly wasn't going to believe the new modern hype...been around too long to get my hopes up there...except someone mentioned the Jan 2020 post. And darn.

Could it REALLY be? They were 75% done with the apparel backlog over a year ago. Adult images done. All that was left was 25% of the apparel backlog, hatchie art, and genes (which were redone so they weren't as time consuming)... A year and half from that post and it sounds like it could actually be a thing. Especially when you consider they haven't done a gene or apparel up date for awhile this year. -fingers and toes crossed-

Now I'm REALLY hyped for the 8th!

OVmZor1.png
To be honest, I hope it is a brand new mechanic instead of a revamp, something that has more interaction along the lines of the coliseum rather than trading post NPCs...

But, I do think it will probably be the new modern or a revamp of the nesting grounds or profiles.
To be honest, I hope it is a brand new mechanic instead of a revamp, something that has more interaction along the lines of the coliseum rather than trading post NPCs...

But, I do think it will probably be the new modern or a revamp of the nesting grounds or profiles.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Hmmm... A new modern would be GREAT, especially considering we got a revamp-type feature for the last anniversary. Not like I’d be complaining at a nice big revamp, but even so... moderne.......
Hmmm... A new modern would be GREAT, especially considering we got a revamp-type feature for the last anniversary. Not like I’d be complaining at a nice big revamp, but even so... moderne.......
YUDrFCG.png
[quote name="Transkovsky" date="2021-06-02 21:47:23" ] one pixel is added to the logo. no other changes /j [/quote] Cursed I won't be able to log on the day of the anniversary but maybe that's for the best because if it [i]is[/i] a new modern the site will be SUPER slow :/
Transkovsky wrote on 2021-06-02 21:47:23:
one pixel is added to the logo.
no other changes /j

Cursed

I won't be able to log on the day of the anniversary but maybe that's for the best because if it is a new modern the site will be SUPER slow :/
arcane.png arcanef2.png xxxxxx xxxxxx tumblr_inline_nb1ke8JYzw1qg78ij.png tumblr_inline_ofoo1dQtUR1tfmvub_100.png
I would really like a whole new mechanic added to the site too, but I think gameplay-wise it would be more natural if it happened after the the refactoring was entirely finished. They're pretty close to being done now, so it shouldn't take that much longer, I'd think?

On the other hand, we did get the eye update a few years ago, which was a new mechanic, although I imagine it takes advantage of preexisting code, so I don't know how much it actually would have taken to implement.

Really, I'm just extremely curious and extremely bored right now because I don't want to spend any money on any of my projects until Anni comes around, haha.
I would really like a whole new mechanic added to the site too, but I think gameplay-wise it would be more natural if it happened after the the refactoring was entirely finished. They're pretty close to being done now, so it shouldn't take that much longer, I'd think?

On the other hand, we did get the eye update a few years ago, which was a new mechanic, although I imagine it takes advantage of preexisting code, so I don't know how much it actually would have taken to implement.

Really, I'm just extremely curious and extremely bored right now because I don't want to spend any money on any of my projects until Anni comes around, haha.
i believe that you believe there is a heaven
where you belong.
he/him
[quote name="000000" date="2021-06-03 13:52:07" ] I would really like a whole new mechanic added to the site too, but I think gameplay-wise it would be more natural if it happened after the the refactoring was entirely finished. They're pretty close to being done now, so it shouldn't take that much longer, I'd think? On the other hand, we did get the eye update a few years ago, which was a new mechanic, although I imagine it takes advantage of preexisting code, so I don't know how much it actually would have taken to implement. Really, I'm just extremely curious and extremely bored right now because I don't want to spend any money on any of my projects until Anni comes around, haha. [/quote] Yeah, I don't think that new mechanics on the order of the coliseum (ie, able to use until you decide you don't want to, not limited by time or energy or a cap etc..) are close to being finished, that is just want I want :) New mechanics could also take advantage of new code as well, unless it was intertwined with thngs that are still using the old cold (ie, something like the coliseum doesn't really need to interact in a meaningful way with non-refactored pages, so a self-contained mechanic like that wouldn't necessarily need to depend on old code. I feel that it would be more that their coders are more focused on smaller things in addtion to the larger rewriting the code for the parts of the site that needs it.) But yeah, I feel a revamp is much more likely, or a new Trading Post NPC with a new mechanic there, which would be fun, don't get me wrong. I just want more interaction with the site itself rather than click a couple of buttons and then have to wait an hour etc...
000000 wrote on 2021-06-03 13:52:07:

Yeah, I don't think that new mechanics on the order of the coliseum (ie, able to use until you decide you don't want to, not limited by time or energy or a cap etc..) are close to being finished, that is just want I want :)

New mechanics could also take advantage of new code as well, unless it was intertwined with thngs that are still using the old cold (ie, something like the coliseum doesn't really need to interact in a meaningful way with non-refactored pages, so a self-contained mechanic like that wouldn't necessarily need to depend on old code. I feel that it would be more that their coders are more focused on smaller things in addtion to the larger rewriting the code for the parts of the site that needs it.)

But yeah, I feel a revamp is much more likely, or a new Trading Post NPC with a new mechanic there, which would be fun, don't get me wrong. I just want more interaction with the site itself rather than click a couple of buttons and then have to wait an hour etc...

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17