Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [MAP][ART] Rootbed (+Dusthide lore?)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
As a plagueling, HELL YEAH THIS IS SICK.
As a plagueling, HELL YEAH THIS IS SICK.
OULXEBm.pngXNpWuEJ.png
[quote name="@Metalhead" date="2021-03-01 12:55:35" ] 3. Reminds me of those living root bridges they got over in India. Just woven roots, trees still alive. I could see root cities being a thing. [img]https://alchetron.com/cdn/living-root-bridges-b52d5635-3a0c-4c20-bbed-9461a421da7-resize-750.jpeg[/img] [/quote] Ooh, this is fantastic! I am [i]definitely[/i] headcanoning that Nature architecture tends to look like this- make your structures as alive as possible, every root and leaf furthering Gladekeeper's agenda...
@Metalhead wrote on 2021-03-01 12:55:35:
3. Reminds me of those living root bridges they got over in India. Just woven roots, trees still alive. I could see root cities being a thing.

living-root-bridges-b52d5635-3a0c-4c20-bbed-9461a421da7-resize-750.jpeg
Ooh, this is fantastic! I am definitely headcanoning that Nature architecture tends to look like this- make your structures as alive as possible, every root and leaf furthering Gladekeeper's agenda...
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png84.png
Oh, I love this! For one thing it's cool as hell just like in general, the notion of everywhere in Nature being connected to this big central tree is very magical and mystical, and all those concepts in the original post are SICK (hell yeah eldritch trees), for another it would be a fun contrast with Plague's territory also being a big ol' living organism. 10/10 good theory
Oh, I love this! For one thing it's cool as hell just like in general, the notion of everywhere in Nature being connected to this big central tree is very magical and mystical, and all those concepts in the original post are SICK (hell yeah eldritch trees), for another it would be a fun contrast with Plague's territory also being a big ol' living organism. 10/10 good theory
iJZWqi6.png
a3KveD8.png
1fpzX0w.png
Lvsm6NG.png
FObX7rS.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
HELL yeah that's SO cool :O
HELL yeah that's SO cool :O
goSc2L4.png
[quote name="Nelsothy" date="2021-03-01 13:15:59" ] [quote name="@Metalhead" date="2021-03-01 12:55:35" ] 3. Reminds me of those living root bridges they got over in India. Just woven roots, trees still alive. I could see root cities being a thing. [img]https://alchetron.com/cdn/living-root-bridges-b52d5635-3a0c-4c20-bbed-9461a421da7-resize-750.jpeg[/img] [/quote] Ooh, this is fantastic! I am [i]definitely[/i] headcanoning that Nature architecture tends to look like this- make your structures as alive as possible, every root and leaf furthering Gladekeeper's agenda... [/quote] Oooh, I love this! My own clan is pretty dirt-diggy (part of why I'm so hype for the Behemoth possibilities, hah) but this makes SO much thematic sense. Like, not only is our very architecture assisting our cause, it's innately camouflaged, it's aesthetic as hell, and it benefits from Flight magical abilities. Consider: choosing species as part of your home to perform specific functions. Glowmoss nightlights? A smooth, dark-barked tree to shape into a cozy sun-absorbing basking spot? Each home would be an expression of both the occupant [i]and[/i] their knowledge of weaving an ecosystem. Ecosystems all the way down, babeeeey
Nelsothy wrote on 2021-03-01 13:15:59:
@Metalhead wrote on 2021-03-01 12:55:35:
3. Reminds me of those living root bridges they got over in India. Just woven roots, trees still alive. I could see root cities being a thing.

living-root-bridges-b52d5635-3a0c-4c20-bbed-9461a421da7-resize-750.jpeg
Ooh, this is fantastic! I am definitely headcanoning that Nature architecture tends to look like this- make your structures as alive as possible, every root and leaf furthering Gladekeeper's agenda...

Oooh, I love this! My own clan is pretty dirt-diggy (part of why I'm so hype for the Behemoth possibilities, hah) but this makes SO much thematic sense. Like, not only is our very architecture assisting our cause, it's innately camouflaged, it's aesthetic as hell, and it benefits from Flight magical abilities. Consider: choosing species as part of your home to perform specific functions. Glowmoss nightlights? A smooth, dark-barked tree to shape into a cozy sun-absorbing basking spot? Each home would be an expression of both the occupant and their knowledge of weaving an ecosystem.

Ecosystems all the way down, babeeeey
cL9yafY.gif
wait a sec WAIT [img]https://images.ctfassets.net/rporu91m20dc/4LfxH8A4uPIaoYWCdgPFZ8/c0d6805257de199f53e25b329bca3f9f/CreationClub_LargeHero_Saint_Seducers.png[/img] : )
wait a sec

WAIT

CreationClub_LargeHero_Saint_Seducers.png

: )
cL9yafY.gif
I want to live in the mushroom root cave city omg

this is perfect, i think it would fit thematically too. nature isnt supposed to just be cute flowers, its actively trying to take over the continent and cover it in endless growth. probably devour everything and anything else. the behemoth could only get as big as it is with roots that extend under near the entire continent at this point.
I want to live in the mushroom root cave city omg

this is perfect, i think it would fit thematically too. nature isnt supposed to just be cute flowers, its actively trying to take over the continent and cover it in endless growth. probably devour everything and anything else. the behemoth could only get as big as it is with roots that extend under near the entire continent at this point.
8g7QT7K.png V9b7SpH.png
@Gladekeeper hey mom can we have some home-grown edgy? please? if you make it yourself we wont have to go to plaguebringer or an emperor cult for it
@Gladekeeper hey mom can we have some home-grown edgy? please? if you make it yourself we wont have to go to plaguebringer or an emperor cult for it
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png84.png
ATLA swampbender forest but with more flowers
ATLA swampbender forest but with more flowers
wq9PoXA.png
[center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/776932333869334578/816095709425958912/image0.jpg[/img][/center] [s]sorry for my poor editing skills[/s]
image0.jpg

sorry for my poor editing skills
A geometric teardrop shaped glass terrarium houses a small replica of the Daylight Sanctum. It's surrounded by autumnal pine trees and sparkles. xx AYRMELTwo small, overlapping brown leaves.
"And the universe said I love you, because you are love."
She/They, FR+0, chronically tired
xx Free Dragons here!
More Free Dragons!
Exalt Rescue Guide
Dragon Sales Thread
Item Wishlist
Fodderlocke
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22