Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [MAP][ART] Rootbed (+Dusthide lore?)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 22
[quote name="Oranitha" date="2021-03-02 11:32:11" ] [quote name="@GingerSolstice" date="2021-03-02 11:06:58" ] I instantly thought of a scenario in which a mischievous group of hatchlings are gently put in their place when the Glademama pokes up a finger thick root and shakes it at them... [/quote] Ooh, I love this! Mom checkin' in on the scallywags. Man, wonder what she'd gently scold them for. Carving their names into trees? Sneaking out to eat the [i]really[/i] sugary fruit? [/quote] They could also be pretending to eat their veggies and them sneaking them to the dog.
Oranitha wrote on 2021-03-02 11:32:11:
@GingerSolstice wrote on 2021-03-02 11:06:58:
I instantly thought of a scenario in which a mischievous group of hatchlings are gently put in their place when the Glademama pokes up a finger thick root and shakes it at them...

Ooh, I love this! Mom checkin' in on the scallywags.

Man, wonder what she'd gently scold them for. Carving their names into trees? Sneaking out to eat the really sugary fruit?

They could also be pretending to eat their veggies and them sneaking them to the dog.
1rMtjlm.png
[quote name="GingerSolstice" date="2021-03-02 11:38:26" ] [quote name="Oranitha" date="2021-03-02 11:32:11" ] [quote name="@GingerSolstice" date="2021-03-02 11:06:58" ] I instantly thought of a scenario in which a mischievous group of hatchlings are gently put in their place when the Glademama pokes up a finger thick root and shakes it at them... [/quote] Ooh, I love this! Mom checkin' in on the scallywags. Man, wonder what she'd gently scold them for. Carving their names into trees? Sneaking out to eat the [i]really[/i] sugary fruit? [/quote] They could also be pretending to eat their veggies and them sneaking them to the dog. [/quote] Oh my gosh I love this so much. What's that in the bushes? Broccoli mom...[i]watching[/i]...to encourage a healthy diet... [img]https://i.imgur.com/MAGw62W.png[/img]
GingerSolstice wrote on 2021-03-02 11:38:26:
Oranitha wrote on 2021-03-02 11:32:11:
@GingerSolstice wrote on 2021-03-02 11:06:58:
I instantly thought of a scenario in which a mischievous group of hatchlings are gently put in their place when the Glademama pokes up a finger thick root and shakes it at them...

Ooh, I love this! Mom checkin' in on the scallywags.

Man, wonder what she'd gently scold them for. Carving their names into trees? Sneaking out to eat the really sugary fruit?

They could also be pretending to eat their veggies and them sneaking them to the dog.

Oh my gosh I love this so much. What's that in the bushes? Broccoli mom...watching...to encourage a healthy diet...

MAGw62W.png
cL9yafY.gif
Yesssss I love this idea soooo much!! I was actually brainstorming that my clan could live underground within caves and giant root systems! I’m so exited other people are thinking about it as well.

Edit: after reading other people’s thoughts in this thread I cannot say how much more excited I am to be in nature!! Looking at the new map I love it, but I couldn’t help to think that nature just looked a little flat and too nice. But thinking about all these dark lore implications is so cool. My most favorite thing about nature is it’s dark survivalist theme and lore that go with it. So freaking exciting about this. And the idea about the possibility of underground portion to nature in the map!! Yessss!
Yesssss I love this idea soooo much!! I was actually brainstorming that my clan could live underground within caves and giant root systems! I’m so exited other people are thinking about it as well.

Edit: after reading other people’s thoughts in this thread I cannot say how much more excited I am to be in nature!! Looking at the new map I love it, but I couldn’t help to think that nature just looked a little flat and too nice. But thinking about all these dark lore implications is so cool. My most favorite thing about nature is it’s dark survivalist theme and lore that go with it. So freaking exciting about this. And the idea about the possibility of underground portion to nature in the map!! Yessss!
Wow y’all are tempting me to move to Nature with this lore
Wow y’all are tempting me to move to Nature with this lore
HX0RiC0.png
See, this is why i live in nature. Creepy eldritch horrors hell yeah. We've infected all of the flights. Anytime there's a plant or a bush or a tree on another flight's territory thats us slowly creeping in! Soon we will take over the whole world!
See, this is why i live in nature. Creepy eldritch horrors hell yeah. We've infected all of the flights. Anytime there's a plant or a bush or a tree on another flight's territory thats us slowly creeping in! Soon we will take over the whole world!
LyFc5Gi.png Gulfie pCXTX60.png
I love this too. Roots all the way!
I love this too. Roots all the way!
Wn94zHr.png
dEe2UrM.png
sQMcqHN.png
TdTJOrw.png........
old-oaks-2.png
[quote name="@Dreamcoyote" date="2021-03-02 15:16:11" ] Yesssss I love this idea soooo much!! I was actually brainstorming that my clan could live underground within caves and giant root systems! I’m so exited other people are thinking about it as well. Edit: after reading other people’s thoughts in this thread I cannot say how much more excited I am to be in nature!! Looking at the new map I love it, but I couldn’t help to think that nature just looked a little flat and too nice. But thinking about all these dark lore implications is so cool. My most favorite thing about nature is it’s dark survivalist theme and lore that go with it. So freaking exciting about this. And the idea about the possibility of underground portion to nature in the map!! Yessss! [/quote] HECK YEAH THIS EXACTLY. Honestly I'd love to see a poll on what chunk of Nature folks enjoy the flight's darker undertones, I sure do (but maybe that's obvious, hah!). I've really been enjoying everyone's ideas. Frankly I'd love to get a larger lore document together, maybe on the FR lorebook wiki or something, I'm just not sure how much interest there'd be.
@Dreamcoyote wrote on 2021-03-02 15:16:11:

HECK YEAH THIS EXACTLY. Honestly I'd love to see a poll on what chunk of Nature folks enjoy the flight's darker undertones, I sure do (but maybe that's obvious, hah!). I've really been enjoying everyone's ideas. Frankly I'd love to get a larger lore document together, maybe on the FR lorebook wiki or something, I'm just not sure how much interest there'd be.
cL9yafY.gif
hooooo i love this so much! dark lore dark lore? owo
hooooo i love this so much! dark lore dark lore? owo
goSc2L4.png
oh god it's nearly rollover so I'm just gonna post this without completion or context SLEEP WELL SEE YA LATER [img]https://i.imgur.com/IyrqnPf.png[/img]
oh god it's nearly rollover so I'm just gonna post this without completion or context

SLEEP WELL SEE YA LATER

IyrqnPf.png
cL9yafY.gif
[quote name="@Oranitha" date="2021-03-01 20:56:55" ] [quote name="@Avessa" date="2021-03-01 20:08:06" ] Love everything that's come up in this thread. The idea of a dark root filled underbelly full of eldritch plant monsters is so enticing. XD [/quote] I totally agree; anecdotal, but I feel like the wide majority of Nature folks I talk to are pretty down for eldritch plant monsters. Guess staff made a great call having Nature and Plague be sister flights [emoji=wildclaw winking size=2] I really dig Nidhoggr as an idea. It'd be a fun departure from the mythology; we'd still get a serpentine Ancient that eats roots, but as designed by Gladekeeper, it might be a sort of "pruner". I could see it as a many-legged "tendriled" cavewyrm with "gecko pad" feet, sort of evocative of a vine, and a body furrowed down the middle to accept plantlife for transplant, and maybe a kind of scythe-mouth with resin stores for pruning & sealing the wound. It would be horrible as an actual Ancient probably, very uggo, but lorewise I think it'd be neat-o to get a "designed symbiont" dragon. [/quote] Who's going to make this as a skin for Male Imps or Spirals? It would be perfect for Greenskeeper!
@Oranitha wrote on 2021-03-01 20:56:55:
@Avessa wrote on 2021-03-01 20:08:06:
Love everything that's come up in this thread. The idea of a dark root filled underbelly full of eldritch plant monsters is so enticing. XD

I totally agree; anecdotal, but I feel like the wide majority of Nature folks I talk to are pretty down for eldritch plant monsters. Guess staff made a great call having Nature and Plague be sister flights

I really dig Nidhoggr as an idea. It'd be a fun departure from the mythology; we'd still get a serpentine Ancient that eats roots, but as designed by Gladekeeper, it might be a sort of "pruner". I could see it as a many-legged "tendriled" cavewyrm with "gecko pad" feet, sort of evocative of a vine, and a body furrowed down the middle to accept plantlife for transplant, and maybe a kind of scythe-mouth with resin stores for pruning & sealing the wound. It would be horrible as an actual Ancient probably, very uggo, but lorewise I think it'd be neat-o to get a "designed symbiont" dragon.
Who's going to make this as a skin for Male Imps or Spirals? It would be perfect for Greenskeeper!
cfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifUntitled304.pngFRArtIcon.pngFR_UMA_Icon.pngFRNestIcon.png
~ Luck of the Best Bois ~ FR+3 She/her
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 22