Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [MAP][ART] Rootbed (+Dusthide lore?)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
[quote name="Flyteofheart" date="2021-03-01 15:28:18" ] I want to live in the mushroom root cave city omg this is perfect, i think it would fit thematically too. nature isnt supposed to just be cute flowers, its actively trying to take over the continent and cover it in endless growth. probably devour everything and anything else. the behemoth could only get as big as it is with roots that extend under near the entire continent at this point. [/quote] UGH i love this so much you put my thoughts into words I also like to think that since of how massive the Behemoth is it might be taking the resources from other plants and make them evolve to meet their needs differently (maybe like the vines in that specific episode of atla above but more bloodthirsty or something fun like that)
Flyteofheart wrote on 2021-03-01 15:28:18:
I want to live in the mushroom root cave city omg

this is perfect, i think it would fit thematically too. nature isnt supposed to just be cute flowers, its actively trying to take over the continent and cover it in endless growth. probably devour everything and anything else. the behemoth could only get as big as it is with roots that extend under near the entire continent at this point.
UGH i love this so much you put my thoughts into words
I also like to think that since of how massive the Behemoth is it might be taking the resources from other plants and make them evolve to meet their needs differently (maybe like the vines in that specific episode of atla above but more bloodthirsty or something fun like that)
I somehow interpreted the title as like... the Gladekeeper herself being the entire Labyrinth, can you imagine? Anyway I really love your actual theory, like all of it!
I somehow interpreted the title as like... the Gladekeeper herself being the entire Labyrinth, can you imagine? Anyway I really love your actual theory, like all of it!
IrmwTXC.png
mlHpBMC.png
5BsilZ9.png
YMPbu9R.png
tumblr_nqzcnveuCa1uzc8vbo1_500.png
I was just posting on another thread about how I think the Scarred Wasteland's "meat dirt" is actually a fungus network like the giant honey mushroom in Oregon! It would be pretty poetic if the Behemoth were doing the same thing. Nature and Plague's respective superorganisms spreading thru the earth in opposite corners of the continent...
I was just posting on another thread about how I think the Scarred Wasteland's "meat dirt" is actually a fungus network like the giant honey mushroom in Oregon! It would be pretty poetic if the Behemoth were doing the same thing. Nature and Plague's respective superorganisms spreading thru the earth in opposite corners of the continent...
11667.png xGRdLfg.jpg ws14300rd_thumbnail.jpg m96yKLz.jpg 32990.png
This is super cool! And I'm excited to see underground views in future updates. Root caverns in Nature, Giant wyrm tunnels in Earth, who-knows-what in Arcane, underground power supplies or reactors in Lightning, lava-carved caverns in Fire...
This is super cool! And I'm excited to see underground views in future updates. Root caverns in Nature, Giant wyrm tunnels in Earth, who-knows-what in Arcane, underground power supplies or reactors in Lightning, lava-carved caverns in Fire...
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
[quote name="@Pyruvae" date="2021-03-01 16:28:42" ] I somehow interpreted the title as like... the Gladekeeper herself being the entire Labyrinth, can you imagine? Anyway I really love your actual theory, like all of it! [/quote] Great news about that! [map poi=71 view=land width=480 height=240][/map] She is!
@Pyruvae wrote on 2021-03-01 16:28:42:

Great news about that!

She is!
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png84.png
I need this so much. My library will train and send archivists down there!

That's where the Nature ancient is!

cfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifUntitled304.pngFRArtIcon.pngFR_UMA_Icon.pngFRNestIcon.png
~ Luck of the Best Bois ~ FR+3 She/her
im honestly head over heels in love with the darker aspects and potential of nature's lore. the only thing stopping me from moving there is funds and cooldown tbh
im honestly head over heels in love with the darker aspects and potential of nature's lore. the only thing stopping me from moving there is funds and cooldown tbh
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
[quote name="@MirageTheShadow" date="2021-03-01 16:47:05" ] I need this so much. My library will train and send archivists down there! That's where the Nature ancient is! [/quote] OH I LOVE THIS ANCIENTS IN THE ROOTS. Any thoughts on what they might look like? :O
@MirageTheShadow wrote on 2021-03-01 16:47:05:

OH I LOVE THIS

ANCIENTS IN THE ROOTS.

Any thoughts on what they might look like? :O
cL9yafY.gif
[quote name="@Nelsothy" date="2021-03-01 16:33:47" ] [quote name="@Pyruvae" date="2021-03-01 16:28:42" ] I somehow interpreted the title as like... the Gladekeeper herself being the entire Labyrinth, can you imagine? Anyway I really love your actual theory, like all of it! [/quote] Great news about that! [map poi=71 view=land width=480 height=240][/map] She is! [/quote] I somehow COMPLETELY missed responding to this at the time, but this is 100% my too-weird-for-the-OP headcanon. Glademom made the ultimate bet for the future of her Flight and rooted herself in place. She and the Behemoth are one and the same, and what we think of as the Gladekeeper is either her pre-Behemoth form or an avatar she uses. That's why the Behemoth's so big; it's not that she's playing favorites with one specific tree, it's because the tree is, literally, a god. Presumably other deities are similarly "elemental" but unwilling to take such a drastic leap. Which makes sense, we're both a very primal element, and one that's all about communal survival and cultivation. So of course our deity would be the one willing to chain herself to the land that way. It'd be the natural thematic counter to the "Wandering" Contagion and might explain some of her protective xenophobia. In that form and at that scale, she might think of hostile dragons as a literal virus or infestation of mites. I guess that'd make Nature peeps her symbiotic gut flora or friendly eyebrow mites or something. Humans don't have perfect analogues that I know of. I think deep down I just want dragon gods that go weirder than "dragon but bigger and stronger", and they may well [i]be[/i] that weird. Might be that the images we have of them are sort of like humans drawing pictures of angels or eldritch stuff.
@Nelsothy wrote on 2021-03-01 16:33:47:
@Pyruvae wrote on 2021-03-01 16:28:42:

Great news about that!

She is!

I somehow COMPLETELY missed responding to this at the time, but this is 100% my too-weird-for-the-OP headcanon.

Glademom made the ultimate bet for the future of her Flight and rooted herself in place. She and the Behemoth are one and the same, and what we think of as the Gladekeeper is either her pre-Behemoth form or an avatar she uses. That's why the Behemoth's so big; it's not that she's playing favorites with one specific tree, it's because the tree is, literally, a god.

Presumably other deities are similarly "elemental" but unwilling to take such a drastic leap. Which makes sense, we're both a very primal element, and one that's all about communal survival and cultivation. So of course our deity would be the one willing to chain herself to the land that way.

It'd be the natural thematic counter to the "Wandering" Contagion and might explain some of her protective xenophobia. In that form and at that scale, she might think of hostile dragons as a literal virus or infestation of mites. I guess that'd make Nature peeps her symbiotic gut flora or friendly eyebrow mites or something. Humans don't have perfect analogues that I know of.

I think deep down I just want dragon gods that go weirder than "dragon but bigger and stronger", and they may well be that weird. Might be that the images we have of them are sort of like humans drawing pictures of angels or eldritch stuff.
cL9yafY.gif
[quote name="Oranitha" date="2021-03-01 19:22:30" ] [quote name="Nelsothy" date="2021-03-01 16:33:47" ] [quote name="Pyruvae" date="2021-03-01 16:28:42" ] I somehow interpreted the title as like... the Gladekeeper herself being the entire Labyrinth, can you imagine? Anyway I really love your actual theory, like all of it! [/quote] Great news about that! [map poi=71 view=land width=480 height=240][/map] She is! [/quote] I somehow COMPLETELY missed responding to this at the time, but this is 100% my too-weird-for-the-OP headcanon. Glademom made the ultimate bet for the future of her Flight and rooted herself in place. She and the Behemoth are one and the same, and what we think of as the Gladekeeper is either her pre-Behemoth form or an avatar she uses. That's why the Behemoth's so big; it's not that she's playing favorites with one specific tree, it's because the tree is, literally, a god. Presumably other deities are similarly "elemental" but unwilling to take such a drastic leap. Which makes sense, we're both a very primal element, and one that's all about communal survival and cultivation. So of course our deity would be the one willing to chain herself to the land that way. It'd be the natural thematic counter to the "Wandering" Contagion and might explain some of her protective xenophobia. I mean, would [i]you[/i] want a bunch of potential hostiles walking around on you? In that form and at that scale, she could pretty fairly compare hostile dragons to a literal virus or infestation of mites. I guess that'd make Nature peeps her symbiotic gut flora or friendly eyebrow mites or something. Humans don't have perfect analogues. [/quote] Yum, mutualism... I said somewhere earlier today, Plague's all about getting stronger through competition, while Nature's all about getting stronger through cooperation. What's more cooperative than turning your whole flight into a network of symbiotic organisms? (Side note, I ABSOLUTELY have headcanons about Nature dragons being actual plants, especially the primals...)
Oranitha wrote on 2021-03-01 19:22:30:
Nelsothy wrote on 2021-03-01 16:33:47:
Pyruvae wrote on 2021-03-01 16:28:42:

Great news about that!

She is!

I somehow COMPLETELY missed responding to this at the time, but this is 100% my too-weird-for-the-OP headcanon.

Glademom made the ultimate bet for the future of her Flight and rooted herself in place. She and the Behemoth are one and the same, and what we think of as the Gladekeeper is either her pre-Behemoth form or an avatar she uses. That's why the Behemoth's so big; it's not that she's playing favorites with one specific tree, it's because the tree is, literally, a god.

Presumably other deities are similarly "elemental" but unwilling to take such a drastic leap. Which makes sense, we're both a very primal element, and one that's all about communal survival and cultivation. So of course our deity would be the one willing to chain herself to the land that way.

It'd be the natural thematic counter to the "Wandering" Contagion and might explain some of her protective xenophobia. I mean, would you want a bunch of potential hostiles walking around on you? In that form and at that scale, she could pretty fairly compare hostile dragons to a literal virus or infestation of mites. I guess that'd make Nature peeps her symbiotic gut flora or friendly eyebrow mites or something. Humans don't have perfect analogues.

Yum, mutualism... I said somewhere earlier today, Plague's all about getting stronger through competition, while Nature's all about getting stronger through cooperation. What's more cooperative than turning your whole flight into a network of symbiotic organisms? (Side note, I ABSOLUTELY have headcanons about Nature dragons being actual plants, especially the primals...)
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png84.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22