Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | what stops you from buying a dragon?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 13
Any offspring immediately stops me from buying
Any offspring immediately stops me from buying
25781.png xxxFramexxx
xMarley
They/he/she
Wishlist
x NXDDrCY.gif
Being bred. Maybe mismatched eyes.

Not being able to come up with a satisfying outfit or in the case of ancients, not finding an accent for it.
Being bred. Maybe mismatched eyes.

Not being able to come up with a satisfying outfit or in the case of ancients, not finding an accent for it.
Vj90o7H.png
The PRIMARY reason is that I have enough dragons at the moment that need lots and lots of lore and I don't want to add to the already overwhelming task I've given myself, LOL.

Once I finish my lore, though, these are the reasons I don't buy an otherwise perfect dragon:

They've been bred.

This is mostly a lore thing for me, but also an aesthetic issue. Offspring lists, even if they're short or have all the hatchlings named, just bother me. I hate clutter. In fact if we had the ability to fully code unique dragon bios I would simply have the dragon's image and their lore readily visible and the rest of the stuff hidden in a collapsible menu.

They aren't the Plague element.

This one's easy to avoid; I only search for Plague dragons. This is for lore purposes/my own anal retentiveness. Also, I like Plague eyes the best, especially Primal.

They're a certain breed.

I generally weed out Snappers, Tundras, Coatls, and Faes unless I have a very cool skin for that breed. These dragons generally do not fit my aesthetic at all as they are too cartoony/cutesy. But I just genuinely dislike the design of Coatls. They're well-drawn and such I just don't like them, lol.
The PRIMARY reason is that I have enough dragons at the moment that need lots and lots of lore and I don't want to add to the already overwhelming task I've given myself, LOL.

Once I finish my lore, though, these are the reasons I don't buy an otherwise perfect dragon:

They've been bred.

This is mostly a lore thing for me, but also an aesthetic issue. Offspring lists, even if they're short or have all the hatchlings named, just bother me. I hate clutter. In fact if we had the ability to fully code unique dragon bios I would simply have the dragon's image and their lore readily visible and the rest of the stuff hidden in a collapsible menu.

They aren't the Plague element.

This one's easy to avoid; I only search for Plague dragons. This is for lore purposes/my own anal retentiveness. Also, I like Plague eyes the best, especially Primal.

They're a certain breed.

I generally weed out Snappers, Tundras, Coatls, and Faes unless I have a very cool skin for that breed. These dragons generally do not fit my aesthetic at all as they are too cartoony/cutesy. But I just genuinely dislike the design of Coatls. They're well-drawn and such I just don't like them, lol.
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
Is it fodder or basically guaranteed to make me a profit? Not buying.

I don't know why I have dragons in my lair, I behave enough like one already. That currency stays in my hoard unless it's to buy something that has non-subjective value (by site standards).

I do sometimes envy people who get pleasure out of dragon projects lmao
Is it fodder or basically guaranteed to make me a profit? Not buying.

I don't know why I have dragons in my lair, I behave enough like one already. That currency stays in my hoard unless it's to buy something that has non-subjective value (by site standards).

I do sometimes envy people who get pleasure out of dragon projects lmao
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Bred status is usually a solid deal breaker. Lesser stuff include non matchy eyes or too high of a price for a dragon I'm not entirely sure I will keep for the year.

Edit: 'do not exalt' is also a deal breaker. I don't mind naming requests though.
Bred status is usually a solid deal breaker. Lesser stuff include non matchy eyes or too high of a price for a dragon I'm not entirely sure I will keep for the year.

Edit: 'do not exalt' is also a deal breaker. I don't mind naming requests though.
Skin Shop
mismatched eyes are a huge no for me. offspring lists, i can deal with. unnamed... i can learn to live with. both these things arent the first thing you see when you look at the dragon. but in most breeds the eyes stand out and if you have the wrong color they stand out really noticeably and not for the right reasons.
mismatched eyes are a huge no for me. offspring lists, i can deal with. unnamed... i can learn to live with. both these things arent the first thing you see when you look at the dragon. but in most breeds the eyes stand out and if you have the wrong color they stand out really noticeably and not for the right reasons.
6f240e0b704e02ff9014958a307cf049.jpg
Offspring and eyes that don't match are the issues that keep me from buying an otherwise perfect dragon.
Offspring and eyes that don't match are the issues that keep me from buying an otherwise perfect dragon.
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
I usually only go out looking for dragons when I already have an idea of what I want in mind, so I usually filter my search for the breed, color pattern, or eye types I want. I also like changing up a dragon's genes and breed after buying, but it has to be really worth it for me to do that.

Generally, what stops me from buying a dragon is if it's just not worth it to me to pay the cost of customizing them, or if I could find a hundred more dragons just like it. I'm willing to spend a lot in genes+breed change for the right dragon for my needs even if it doesn't have any inherent value like a G1 version of that dragon would, and I'm willing to forgive things like a messy lineage if it's really special to me.

tl;dr my dragon tastes are super subjective
I usually only go out looking for dragons when I already have an idea of what I want in mind, so I usually filter my search for the breed, color pattern, or eye types I want. I also like changing up a dragon's genes and breed after buying, but it has to be really worth it for me to do that.

Generally, what stops me from buying a dragon is if it's just not worth it to me to pay the cost of customizing them, or if I could find a hundred more dragons just like it. I'm willing to spend a lot in genes+breed change for the right dragon for my needs even if it doesn't have any inherent value like a G1 version of that dragon would, and I'm willing to forgive things like a messy lineage if it's really special to me.

tl;dr my dragon tastes are super subjective
this sig is under construction | they/she
Not Ice or Plague and if they dont have either aesthetic.

Some of my dragons are on thin ice right now because of element.
Not Ice or Plague and if they dont have either aesthetic.

Some of my dragons are on thin ice right now because of element.

Dont be afraid to @ me! I dont bite
xYtMvtp.png
Basic tertiaries? I think that's it.

I have dragons with long offspring lists, even one meme offspring. Dragon with unnamed parents, unnamed children. Old dragons, new dragons. Dragons of all elements and breeds except Wildclaws, which I will buy but most likely breed change.

You know what I like?
Everything.
Basic tertiaries? I think that's it.

I have dragons with long offspring lists, even one meme offspring. Dragon with unnamed parents, unnamed children. Old dragons, new dragons. Dragons of all elements and breeds except Wildclaws, which I will buy but most likely breed change.

You know what I like?
Everything.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 13