Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Sages: A Multigaze Subspecies
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85355655][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/853557/85355655_350.png[/img][/url] Oops, sorry, I totally forgot about this dude!
85355655_350.png

Oops, sorry, I totally forgot about this dude!
Adult, Aro/Ace, +3 FR Time
@Morgandria

Firebreather will be part of a special linked gene set with Capsule and Carnivore! The draft lore is

The Carolling Forge
Energy to matter/ matter to energy
Carolling Forge can consume energy and exude matter. Taking in a fire to spit burning iron nails at a foe or taking in a branch to breath fire. Carolling Forges cannot retain the energy they consume.

I'm building some optional cultural significance into this gene set and coming up with the right wording to explain the powers and why they have the reputations they do has been tricky.

Edited to add: I am unsure of making an ancient exclusive vampire gene.
@Morgandria

Firebreather will be part of a special linked gene set with Capsule and Carnivore! The draft lore is

The Carolling Forge
Carolling Forge can consume energy and exude matter. Taking in a fire to spit burning iron nails at a foe or taking in a branch to breath fire. Carolling Forges cannot retain the energy they consume.

I'm building some optional cultural significance into this gene set and coming up with the right wording to explain the powers and why they have the reputations they do has been tricky.

[quote name="Wyldangel" date="2024-03-23 17:26:49" ] @Morgandria Firebreather will be part of a special linked gene set with Capsule and Carnivore! The draft lore is The Carolling Forge Energy to matter/ matter to energy Carolling Forge can consume energy and exude matter. Taking in a fire to spit burning iron nails at a foe or taking in a branch to breath fire. Carolling Forges cannot retain the energy they consume. I'm building some optional cultural significance into this gene set and coming up with the right wording to explain the powers and why they have the reputations they do has been tricky. Edited to add: I am unsure of making an ancient exclusive vampire gene. [/quote] Oh, I like this! His parents are Plague x Nature, so I can easily work that into this sort of lore. Looking forward to it!
Wyldangel wrote on 2024-03-23 17:26:49:
@Morgandria

The Carolling Forge

Oh, I like this! His parents are Plague x Nature, so I can easily work that into this sort of lore. Looking forward to it!
tumblr_inline_r5bn6jLMK61r0ivx3_500.gif
@ArsenicArcher they do all qualify! Lairoxspeervox, Farlaspeertria, and Jineriospeeruyo are all Basic so they'd qualify for The Empty Vessel [quote]Basic gene Sages have no natural powers. Instead, they borrow or steal their abilities from other Sages. Done by touch, the longer the contact the more power they absorb even up to a week of use. While not fatal the process can leave even willing subjects dazed and ill for days afterward. [/quote] Vaolospeerto has Glimmer so he'd be a Horizon Seer [quote]Give a Sage with this ability a simple choice and they can tell you where the choice might take you. Especially effective with actual crossroads hence their name. The more choices however the harder this can become.[/quote] Driospeerbyo has Scales so he'd fall under Prodigy of Opposition [quote]Warrior Sages with many paths and styles. Many reasons to clash in combat. From berserkers to swords masters to clear-minded aesthetics. These Sages share certain traits across species. All have strange jewel hard eyes, all have natural armor on their bodies that helps to protect them and all are preternaturally fast. All of those Sages are prodigies of their particular styles of combat, picking up new moves with ease. Scales Flexible armor. As in many things, modern breeds are more flexible. Their scales are tough and will flex before being pierced or broken. This only goes so far though.[/quote]
@ArsenicArcher they do all qualify! Lairoxspeervox, Farlaspeertria, and Jineriospeeruyo are all Basic so they'd qualify for The Empty Vessel
Quote:
Basic gene Sages have no natural powers. Instead, they borrow or steal their abilities from other Sages. Done by touch, the longer the contact the more power they absorb even up to a week of use. While not fatal the process can leave even willing subjects dazed and ill for days afterward.

Vaolospeerto has Glimmer so he'd be a Horizon Seer
Quote:
Give a Sage with this ability a simple choice and they can tell you where the choice might take you. Especially effective with actual crossroads hence their name. The more choices however the harder this can become.

Driospeerbyo has Scales so he'd fall under Prodigy of Opposition
Quote:
Warrior Sages with many paths and styles. Many reasons to clash in combat. From berserkers to swords masters to clear-minded aesthetics. These Sages share certain traits across species. All have strange jewel hard eyes, all have natural armor on their bodies that helps to protect them and all are preternaturally fast. All of those Sages are prodigies of their particular styles of combat, picking up new moves with ease.

Scales
Flexible armor. As in many things, modern breeds are more flexible. Their scales are tough and will flex before being pierced or broken. This only goes so far though.

@FishyLynx Got your crew added to the registry! Still loving all the lore blurbs and especially Nesquick!
@FishyLynx Got your crew added to the registry! Still loving all the lore blurbs and especially Nesquick!
@NotMothman Trix is added, what a gorgeous contrast to her Necromancer clan! I'm curious to see how her powers will mesh with the rest of the crews?
@NotMothman Trix is added, what a gorgeous contrast to her Necromancer clan! I'm curious to see how her powers will mesh with the rest of the crews?
In case anyone is wondering today's crop of registrations came from the Sage Chat Discord community!
In case anyone is wondering today's crop of registrations came from the Sage Chat Discord community!
[center][/center]So excited for this new phase of Sages Lore, now incorporating [b]Eye Lore[/b]! [b]Common[/b] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=146&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=163&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=74&auth=cdc9a78f2ee744ad543bcdaa8ebd8c6ff026627a&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] The Amazing New Power of Sight!! These eyes have the amazing and arcane power of Sight! That’s right, these dragons can see! It’s a stunning new development for all of Dragonkind! [b]Dark Sclera[/b] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93702515][img]https://file.garden/Zdww77wq23DtX_TK/Sages/AprilFools/It'sNotAPhaseDad.png[/img][/url][/center] Spoopy Edgelord I know the site calls these dark sclera but really they’re just for the edge lord in all of us that loves black. So edgy. [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [b]Glowing[/b] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93487029][img]https://file.garden/Zdww77wq23DtX_TK/Sages/AprilFools/TrailofStars.png[/img][/url][/center] So Shiny! Illuminating the darkness wherever they go these Sages are a natural lantern- some can even detach their glowing eyes to mark their path. Hopefully, they don’t lose them… [b]Primal[/b] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93587471][img]https://file.garden/Zdww77wq23DtX_TK/Sages/AprilFools/ReginaFlora.png[/img][/url][/center] Elemental Fanatics [i](shown is nature)[/i] Comes in every flavor of Flight! These Sages just really wanted everyone to be able to see how much they love and support their home Flight! This desire spontaneously caused them to lose whatever power they had and just display their affection from all of their many eyes. [b]Various Toppings[/b] Pizza Rules!! [i](shown is pineapple flavor)[/i] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66133279][img]https://file.garden/Zdww77wq23DtX_TK/Sages/AprilFools/Pizza.png[/img][/url][/center] Several dragons made entirely of pizza have appeared in Saga City. They’re very nice, but everyone, including them, is confused about where they’ve come from. Also, the aberrations keep trying to eat them. Please send help (and aber- snacks)! [center][img]https://file.garden/Zdww77wq23DtX_TK/Sages/AprilFools/button.png[/img][/center] Happy April Fools Day! Pizza and the other Multigazes can be claimed by posting a reply and come with a copy of their “Eye Lore” and special images. [size=0][size=0][size=0][size=0][size=0][size=0] @wyldangel @delotha @mudkipster @virtualpet @amezrou @mnkn10 @Featherfalls @RoaringSpector @FrankenFood @3idolon @ThoseVoices @Shadari @Bxy26 @Raksha18 @Sunsong43 @GoldenSootball @LadyDiscord @wolfdragon3036 @ClockworkEclipse @girlinthechair @LouCat @SilentWanderer @MysticOfLight @CelestialCrow @FredTheCloud
So excited for this new phase of Sages Lore, now incorporating Eye Lore!

Common
dragon?age=0&body=146&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=163&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=74&auth=cdc9a78f2ee744ad543bcdaa8ebd8c6ff026627a&dummyext=prev.png
The Amazing New Power of Sight!!
These eyes have the amazing and arcane power of Sight! That’s right, these dragons can see! It’s a stunning new development for all of Dragonkind!

Dark Sclera
It'sNotAPhaseDad.png
Spoopy Edgelord
I know the site calls these dark sclera but really they’re just for the edge lord in all of us that loves black. So edgy.

Glowing
TrailofStars.png
So Shiny!
Illuminating the darkness wherever they go these Sages are a natural lantern- some can even detach their glowing eyes to mark their path. Hopefully, they don’t lose them…

Primal
ReginaFlora.png
Elemental Fanatics (shown is nature)
Comes in every flavor of Flight! These Sages just really wanted everyone to be able to see how much they love and support their home Flight! This desire spontaneously caused them to lose whatever power they had and just display their affection from all of their many eyes.

Various Toppings
Pizza Rules!! (shown is pineapple flavor)
Pizza.png
Several dragons made entirely of pizza have appeared in Saga City. They’re very nice, but everyone, including them, is confused about where they’ve come from. Also, the aberrations keep trying to eat them. Please send help (and aber- snacks)!
button.png

Happy April Fools Day! Pizza and the other Multigazes can be claimed by posting a reply and come with a copy of their “Eye Lore” and special images.

@wyldangel @delotha @mudkipster @virtualpet @amezrou @mnkn10 @Featherfalls @RoaringSpector @FrankenFood @3idolon @ThoseVoices @Shadari @Bxy26 @Raksha18 @Sunsong43 @GoldenSootball @LadyDiscord @wolfdragon3036 @ClockworkEclipse @girlinthechair @LouCat @SilentWanderer @MysticOfLight @CelestialCrow @FredTheCloud

I do believe TrailofStars may have lost one of her eyes, seeing as they landed in my lair! I'd love to claim her!
I do believe TrailofStars may have lost one of her eyes, seeing as they landed in my lair! I'd love to claim her!
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
I would absolutely love to claim "it'snotaphasedad" I'm always in need of more edgelord dragons
I would absolutely love to claim "it'snotaphasedad" I'm always in need of more edgelord dragons
Lynx
They/Them
FR+3
Loreshop
WoF Adopt Shop
18558c2b88776e33525731a99c9a09ee34def3fe.png
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49