Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | triweekly writing prompts !
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 165 166
Better late than never lol. [center][quote]Why don't you just say it directly to me?[/quote] [/center] It was raining that day, a dark loud rain that was accompanied by thick fog, the type that would make a light dragon's skin crawl. Mel liked it though. Reminded her of the dark dump nest she was born into, here in Shadowbinder's realm. She would have liked it a lot more if she had some form of protection against the rain for her books, but right now there were more pressing matters to be taken care of. Like how Lux's laugh seemed to brighten both the gloomy landscape and Mel's heart. Lux was hiding under her friends wing, giggling uncontrollably about their predicament, as the water pooled around them, slowly rising past their tangled and mangled feet as if working with the giant bramble to claim their last breaths. There was something manic in her laughter. Mel couldn't help but notice the tears that gathered in her eyes or how it started sounding more like a sob than a laughter. It pained her to see her like this. But she wouldn't mind Lux being the last face she ever sees. "S-Say something!" Lux demanded once her sob (or was it laughter?) turned into hiccups. "You're always so quick to say 'I told you so'! That's what you're thinking, isn't it?" That's not what Mel was thinking. "Just admit it, you think this is all my fault, like I somehow [i]wanted[/i] us to end up like this! Say it! Now's a good time to have a fight." She continued, her voice rising an octave. "I love you." Mel admitted, searching for her friend's bright light eyes. "What?" "I love you and I always have. And always will. This isn't your fault and it wounds me that you think I would have that impression of you." "Oh." "I can't promise that it will work but I will try my best, alright? And you need to do your best too. Our talents are different but we both have to try and resist despair for our magics to work." Lux nodded. She seemed surprised by the confession, although she was more concerned with what Mel had in mind. Magic like that wouldn't help in a situation like this, she knew first-hand how useless they truely were outside of tricks and academic discussions. Mel smiled at her. That dead, low-energy smile that had Lux bewitched from the first day she saw it, the one that meant she was going to[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2857932#post_2857932] write a story.[/url] Lux understood. She needed to buy time for Mel's story to be written and manifest, she understood what she meant now. Lux's powers were dependent on her certainity, a terrible idea for such an indescisive dragon like Lux. Mel needed to hurry. Next to her, under her wing, her love was having trouble breathing since her own magic was draining her energy. The dome made of light around them wouldn't hold out much longer and she could see that the water outside has made it well above their heads. She had to decide on an ending. She had to manifest a story that wouldn't get corrupt, that wouldn't get lost. "Lux, do you have a moment?" Mel whispered under the dimer and dimer light of the dome. "What is it Mel?" "Do you love me?" "I do. I just never thought you loved me back." "If we get out of here, would you like to come by my place? I'll bring out the good set of teacups." Lux gave her a tired smile. "Yeah. That would be lovely."
Better late than never lol.
Quote:
Why don't you just say it directly to me?

It was raining that day, a dark loud rain that was accompanied by thick fog, the type that would make a light dragon's skin crawl. Mel liked it though. Reminded her of the dark dump nest she was born into, here in Shadowbinder's realm. She would have liked it a lot more if she had some form of protection against the rain for her books, but right now there were more pressing matters to be taken care of. Like how Lux's laugh seemed to brighten both the gloomy landscape and Mel's heart.

Lux was hiding under her friends wing, giggling uncontrollably about their predicament, as the water pooled around them, slowly rising past their tangled and mangled feet as if working with the giant bramble to claim their last breaths. There was something manic in her laughter. Mel couldn't help but notice the tears that gathered in her eyes or how it started sounding more like a sob than a laughter. It pained her to see her like this. But she wouldn't mind Lux being the last face she ever sees.

"S-Say something!" Lux demanded once her sob (or was it laughter?) turned into hiccups. "You're always so quick to say 'I told you so'! That's what you're thinking, isn't it?"
That's not what Mel was thinking.
"Just admit it, you think this is all my fault, like I somehow wanted us to end up like this! Say it! Now's a good time to have a fight." She continued, her voice rising an octave.
"I love you." Mel admitted, searching for her friend's bright light eyes.
"What?"
"I love you and I always have. And always will. This isn't your fault and it wounds me that you think I would have that impression of you."
"Oh."
"I can't promise that it will work but I will try my best, alright? And you need to do your best too. Our talents are different but we both have to try and resist despair for our magics to work."

Lux nodded. She seemed surprised by the confession, although she was more concerned with what Mel had in mind. Magic like that wouldn't help in a situation like this, she knew first-hand how useless they truely were outside of tricks and academic discussions. Mel smiled at her. That dead, low-energy smile that had Lux bewitched from the first day she saw it, the one that meant she was going to write a story. Lux understood. She needed to buy time for Mel's story to be written and manifest, she understood what she meant now. Lux's powers were dependent on her certainity, a terrible idea for such an indescisive dragon like Lux.

Mel needed to hurry. Next to her, under her wing, her love was having trouble breathing since her own magic was draining her energy. The dome made of light around them wouldn't hold out much longer and she could see that the water outside has made it well above their heads. She had to decide on an ending. She had to manifest a story that wouldn't get corrupt, that wouldn't get lost.

"Lux, do you have a moment?" Mel whispered under the dimer and dimer light of the dome.
"What is it Mel?"
"Do you love me?"
"I do. I just never thought you loved me back."
"If we get out of here, would you like to come by my place? I'll bring out the good set of teacups."
Lux gave her a tired smile. "Yeah. That would be lovely."
779bb9748f1a01bb53ebd79bec9f8670a24bdf61.png art-shop2.pngwagon_dragon.png
[center]today's prompt is a happier one lol: [quote=March 3 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"One day, I wanna grow up to be just like you!" the hatchling announces to them determinedly. They can't help but smile warmly at the sight. [/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa [/center]
today's prompt is a happier one lol:
March 3 2021 wrote:
"One day, I wanna grow up to be just like you!" the hatchling announces to them determinedly. They can't help but smile warmly at the sight.
@Nightlilac @magiritsa

poem shop
writing prompts
!!! OH this is so frickin COOL!!! can you add me to the pinglist, please?
!!! OH this is so frickin COOL!!! can you add me to the pinglist, please?
(f)art shoppe
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
[center][quote=March 3 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"One day, I wanna grow up to be just like you!" the hatchling announces to them determinedly. They can't help but smile warmly at the sight. [/size][/quote][/center] ------------- [right]Characters: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/21486915]Internecine[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49343336]Akitla[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67632338]Unnamed Hatchling[/url][/right] The words made Akitla beam, watching the young hatchling stare up with adoring eyes at Internecine. She bumped her beloved gently, prompting her to respond. Internecine looked at her with four wide, confused eyes, glancing between her and the hatchling. "Me? Just like me?" "Just like you! I want to be a great huntress! One so great no one ever goes hungry again!" The pup wriggled excitedly at her feet, almost hopping in place. "Goya told us how you saved everyone! When there was no food!" "She did!" Akitla happily volunteered. "Captain Internecine is a role model to all aspiring hunters and huntresses. Have you heard the stories of the yetis? How she slays them to keep our Boreal Hunters safe?" "So COOL!! Can you teach me how to kill yetis??" Akitla could tell Internecine was just shy of saying no when Newt's voice called over. "Come now, little one! The huntmaster has important business to attend to, I am sure." Though not without much protest, the hatchling eventually let them be, running back to the others. Internecine's eyes lingered in that direction for several seconds before Akitla gently pushed her to keep moving. Even still, the Captain shook her head. "Be like me? How can anyone say that? No one should want to be like me." "There are far worse role models to have in the clan," Akitla assured her. "I think it's sweet." "Sweet? Sweet?!" Internecine groaned. "I'm going to be thinking of this all day. That pup doesn't know everything I did to get here. She wouldn't idolize me if she knew." Akitla hummed, thinking on this for a few seconds. "Well," she offered, "I know everything. And I still love you. I think this is a good sign, Nessie. I think it means that for all the bad you've put in the world, there's still a lot of good you've done. And it's the good that's going to outlive you. That's worth a lot." "It still... doesn't feel right." Akitla made a point of intertwining her tail with Internecine's. "I know, Nessie. I know. You'll get there one day. I promise."
March 3 2021 wrote:
"One day, I wanna grow up to be just like you!" the hatchling announces to them determinedly. They can't help but smile warmly at the sight.

The words made Akitla beam, watching the young hatchling stare up with adoring eyes at Internecine. She bumped her beloved gently, prompting her to respond. Internecine looked at her with four wide, confused eyes, glancing between her and the hatchling. "Me? Just like me?"

"Just like you! I want to be a great huntress! One so great no one ever goes hungry again!" The pup wriggled excitedly at her feet, almost hopping in place. "Goya told us how you saved everyone! When there was no food!"

"She did!" Akitla happily volunteered. "Captain Internecine is a role model to all aspiring hunters and huntresses. Have you heard the stories of the yetis? How she slays them to keep our Boreal Hunters safe?"

"So COOL!! Can you teach me how to kill yetis??"

Akitla could tell Internecine was just shy of saying no when Newt's voice called over. "Come now, little one! The huntmaster has important business to attend to, I am sure." Though not without much protest, the hatchling eventually let them be, running back to the others.

Internecine's eyes lingered in that direction for several seconds before Akitla gently pushed her to keep moving. Even still, the Captain shook her head. "Be like me? How can anyone say that? No one should want to be like me."

"There are far worse role models to have in the clan," Akitla assured her. "I think it's sweet."

"Sweet? Sweet?!" Internecine groaned. "I'm going to be thinking of this all day. That pup doesn't know everything I did to get here. She wouldn't idolize me if she knew."

Akitla hummed, thinking on this for a few seconds. "Well," she offered, "I know everything. And I still love you. I think this is a good sign, Nessie. I think it means that for all the bad you've put in the world, there's still a lot of good you've done. And it's the good that's going to outlive you. That's worth a lot."

"It still... doesn't feel right."

Akitla made a point of intertwining her tail with Internecine's. "I know, Nessie. I know. You'll get there one day. I promise."
mirror_chib8.png
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
See a Mirror, pick it up, all week long you'll have
too many mirrors and no more food
help me please they're eating everything
On an unrelated note, if you have nice Mirrors to sell...
yo yo, please add me to the pinglist!! this is so cool
yo yo, please add me to the pinglist!! this is so cool
my hatchery
dragon package rescue
writing shop
geneticats adopts:
breedable genetics-based rng adopts

||
||
||
||
||
||

my bio code thread
wishlist
warrior cat oc art

||
||
||
||
||
||

mogai/lgbt pixel resources
warrior cat clan game
my lore thread

Oof fluff, my weakness,,,, but I'll do my best. [quote]"One day, I wanna grow up to be just like you!" the hatchling announces to them determinedly. They can't help but smile warmly at the sight.[/quote] That little troublemaker was only standing still when he was with he clan's eldest, a large gaoler gardener who moved slower than the clouds in the sky. But his wisdom was unparalleled and he seemed to be a good influence on little Pok. At least as much of an influence one could have on a guardian with an ego twice his size. With the destruction Pok and his friends ("gang", he'd correct anyone who had the time to listen) everyone thought he would grow up to be a hunter or a warrior, maybe even a mercenary if his parents weren't paying close attention. Which is why old Glenn was so surprised by his declaration. "When I grow up, I will have a land just like yours. With flowers and vegetables for Malley, but not the purple ones because he doesn't like them, and with those big trees that give colorful fruit because they're pretty. It will be my land and my gang can live on it and there will be just us and no one else." Pok stopped to think for a bit before he continued. "Okay, Tasha can bring her friends if she wants." "And what if the land you want doesn't belong to you?" Glenn wondered with his raspy old voice. "I'll take it! [i]We[/i]'ll take it! We're all stong, even Jeronimo even though he's a fae he's strong too!" "The land needs to be taken care of, you know." "I know! That's why I'm with you, so you can teach me!" "Dear, I'm just a gardener. I don't know how to build a clan." Pok stayed quiet for a while after this. He never thought of it as building a clan, but now that he heard it he couldn't help but think it [i]did[/i] sound like building a clan. Was this what clans were made of? A bunch of friends living in the same area? He couldn't think of the annoying neighour's hatchlings as friends though, no matter how hard he tried. In his clan, he would have kicked them out long ago because they always played music when he wanted to sleep and yelled at him when he tried to play anything fun with them. It wasn't his fault they were so small and fragile. Jeronimo was a fae too, but he wasn't made of parchment paper. "Don't think about it too much dear, you're still young. Building a clan is collective work and it needs a lot of dragons to be done right. I'm sure your friends-" "Gang." "I'm sure your gang would love to help you out. You each have your own talents and together you can make your beautiful land." "And what is my talent?" "What do you want it to be?" "I want to be like you!" "A garderner then?" "A gardener."
Oof fluff, my weakness,,,, but I'll do my best.
Quote:

That little troublemaker was only standing still when he was with he clan's eldest, a large gaoler gardener who moved slower than the clouds in the sky. But his wisdom was unparalleled and he seemed to be a good influence on little Pok. At least as much of an influence one could have on a guardian with an ego twice his size. With the destruction Pok and his friends ("gang", he'd correct anyone who had the time to listen) everyone thought he would grow up to be a hunter or a warrior, maybe even a mercenary if his parents weren't paying close attention. Which is why old Glenn was so surprised by his declaration.

"When I grow up, I will have a land just like yours. With flowers and vegetables for Malley, but not the purple ones because he doesn't like them, and with those big trees that give colorful fruit because they're pretty. It will be my land and my gang can live on it and there will be just us and no one else." Pok stopped to think for a bit before he continued. "Okay, Tasha can bring her friends if she wants."
"And what if the land you want doesn't belong to you?" Glenn wondered with his raspy old voice.
"I'll take it! We'll take it! We're all stong, even Jeronimo even though he's a fae he's strong too!"
"The land needs to be taken care of, you know."
"I know! That's why I'm with you, so you can teach me!"
"Dear, I'm just a gardener. I don't know how to build a clan."

Pok stayed quiet for a while after this. He never thought of it as building a clan, but now that he heard it he couldn't help but think it did sound like building a clan. Was this what clans were made of? A bunch of friends living in the same area?
He couldn't think of the annoying neighour's hatchlings as friends though, no matter how hard he tried. In his clan, he would have kicked them out long ago because they always played music when he wanted to sleep and yelled at him when he tried to play anything fun with them. It wasn't his fault they were so small and fragile. Jeronimo was a fae too, but he wasn't made of parchment paper.

"Don't think about it too much dear, you're still young. Building a clan is collective work and it needs a lot of dragons to be done right. I'm sure your friends-"
"Gang."
"I'm sure your gang would love to help you out. You each have your own talents and together you can make your beautiful land."
"And what is my talent?"
"What do you want it to be?"
"I want to be like you!"
"A garderner then?"
"A gardener."
[center]it's humor hours here ya lads [quote=March 4 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]They stare. There are so many beastclans. So many, so [i]many[/i], beastclans. Is that an emperor over there? Is it an invasion? What happened to guarding the clan?! One of the Longnecks waves at them. "Uh," they manage at last, "what happened here, exactly?" [/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag
it's humor hours here ya lads
March 4 2021 wrote:
They stare. There are so many beastclans. So many, so many, beastclans. Is that an emperor over there? Is it an invasion? What happened to guarding the clan?!
One of the Longnecks waves at them.
"Uh," they manage at last, "what happened here, exactly?"
@Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag
poem shop
writing prompts
Welcome new writers! I'm gonna use my jerks for this one, even though Nightmare hasn't been bred yet lol.
Quote:
They stare. There are so many beastclans. So many, so many, beastclans. Is that an emperor over there? Is it an invasion? What happened to guarding the clan?!

Nightmare was known as an agent of chaos, the mysterious trickster who made the Nightmare Bazaar and trapped or even created its various attractions inside. But even them couldn't compare to the combined unhinged feral energy of the circus' 'marketing team' and 'makeup department'. Just this morning, they spawned into their beloved circus only to find it infested with beastclans and- what is that thing? Is that a freaking emperor??

"In my defense, I was left unsupervised!" Curious pleaded, having a difficult time hiding how proud he was of the emperor-look-alike. Stitching three imperials together was harder than he thought, not to mention they were tiny and didn't carry any magic. He could have done better but also, much worse.
"And in my defense, you trusted me to supervise him!" Pumkin giggled. He's always been weak to a good disaster.

"I guess we can use that...thing for tonight's show-" Nightmare started to solve the problem.
"Oh, it won't last that long." Curious continued to create problems.
"Fine then the beastclans, we can use them for Harlequin's performance or even yours if you don't have anyone else to use."
"Actually, they were just passing by, I was guiding them to the Murkbarrow Close." Pumkin made even more problems.
"Why??" Nightmare wished they hadn't picked these two up.
"Thought it would be funny!"
"It is funny bro, don't listen to them. They're jealous they didn't think of it first."
"Bro!"
"Bro."
Insufferable, both of them.

Nightmare sighed again. Pumkin was right, it would be funny to flood the city with beastclans, but not when they had a show coming up! Nightmare didn't need the attention such a move would bring the opposite in fact, they needed to stay as low-profile as possible to attract hatchlings, snatch them from their nests, enchant them away from their homes. Sometimes, Nightmare wondered if these two had been planning a rebellion or something, but then they'd take a look in their dreams and determine that there was barely a thought formed in their minds at all. The lights were on but no one was inside. It was a miracle how they even performed their tasks at all with their empty skulls.

The beastclan members have been staring at them, their nightmarish form and their wicked aura. Nightmare supposed they could scare them off. But with Pumkin around, they'd have to fight against his enchantment and that was no easy task, even for them.
"Pumkin."
"Yeah, boss?"
"Don't send these....vermins to the city. Although it would be a spectacle worthy of legend, I need you on top of your game for tonight, I need you to attract customers and not be distracted by whatever you are about to do."

Pumkin was part of the circus and as such, refusing a request from the ringleader was hard. Still, he had his enchantment. And he didn't want to attract any customers tonight. It was a holiday for hatchlings and they didn't deserve to be wisped away, not today.
"And what if I don't want to, boss?" Pumkin grinned.
"What he means to say, he'll gladly do as you say, boss! Right, bro?" Curious was worried. He didn't have any defense against Nightmare like his pal did. And Pumkin didn't want to see him get hurt because of him.
"Yeah. That's what I meant to say. You took the words right out of my mouth, Curious."

Nightmare could sense Pumkin's discontent. Fine! They'd let them do their stupid little thing and they, as the ringleader, would deal with the concequenses! It's not like they couldn't find hatchlings themselves, they just enjoyed hunting with others and Pumkin has always been good company. They supposed he deserved a day off, if that's what he wanted.
"I changed my mind. Do whatever you want and if you're too tired to perform in the evening, I'll take your place."

Pumkin agreed instantly. Nightmare was awful at finding victims or attracting hatchlings, that's why he was around.
Welcome new writers! I'm gonna use my jerks for this one, even though Nightmare hasn't been bred yet lol.
Quote:

Nightmare was known as an agent of chaos, the mysterious trickster who made the Nightmare Bazaar and trapped or even created its various attractions inside. But even them couldn't compare to the combined unhinged feral energy of the circus' 'marketing team' and 'makeup department'. Just this morning, they spawned into their beloved circus only to find it infested with beastclans and- what is that thing? Is that a freaking emperor??

"In my defense, I was left unsupervised!" Curious pleaded, having a difficult time hiding how proud he was of the emperor-look-alike. Stitching three imperials together was harder than he thought, not to mention they were tiny and didn't carry any magic. He could have done better but also, much worse.
"And in my defense, you trusted me to supervise him!" Pumkin giggled. He's always been weak to a good disaster.

"I guess we can use that...thing for tonight's show-" Nightmare started to solve the problem.
"Oh, it won't last that long." Curious continued to create problems.
"Fine then the beastclans, we can use them for Harlequin's performance or even yours if you don't have anyone else to use."
"Actually, they were just passing by, I was guiding them to the Murkbarrow Close." Pumkin made even more problems.
"Why??" Nightmare wished they hadn't picked these two up.
"Thought it would be funny!"
"It is funny bro, don't listen to them. They're jealous they didn't think of it first."
"Bro!"
"Bro."
Insufferable, both of them.

Nightmare sighed again. Pumkin was right, it would be funny to flood the city with beastclans, but not when they had a show coming up! Nightmare didn't need the attention such a move would bring the opposite in fact, they needed to stay as low-profile as possible to attract hatchlings, snatch them from their nests, enchant them away from their homes. Sometimes, Nightmare wondered if these two had been planning a rebellion or something, but then they'd take a look in their dreams and determine that there was barely a thought formed in their minds at all. The lights were on but no one was inside. It was a miracle how they even performed their tasks at all with their empty skulls.

The beastclan members have been staring at them, their nightmarish form and their wicked aura. Nightmare supposed they could scare them off. But with Pumkin around, they'd have to fight against his enchantment and that was no easy task, even for them.
"Pumkin."
"Yeah, boss?"
"Don't send these....vermins to the city. Although it would be a spectacle worthy of legend, I need you on top of your game for tonight, I need you to attract customers and not be distracted by whatever you are about to do."

Pumkin was part of the circus and as such, refusing a request from the ringleader was hard. Still, he had his enchantment. And he didn't want to attract any customers tonight. It was a holiday for hatchlings and they didn't deserve to be wisped away, not today.
"And what if I don't want to, boss?" Pumkin grinned.
"What he means to say, he'll gladly do as you say, boss! Right, bro?" Curious was worried. He didn't have any defense against Nightmare like his pal did. And Pumkin didn't want to see him get hurt because of him.
"Yeah. That's what I meant to say. You took the words right out of my mouth, Curious."

Nightmare could sense Pumkin's discontent. Fine! They'd let them do their stupid little thing and they, as the ringleader, would deal with the concequenses! It's not like they couldn't find hatchlings themselves, they just enjoyed hunting with others and Pumkin has always been good company. They supposed he deserved a day off, if that's what he wanted.
"I changed my mind. Do whatever you want and if you're too tired to perform in the evening, I'll take your place."

Pumkin agreed instantly. Nightmare was awful at finding victims or attracting hatchlings, that's why he was around.
[center]okay, it's angst time because i said so: [quote=March 5 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"Everything will be okay," they whisper to their child, tucking them closer. Their heart pounds in their ears, and they can't help the bitterness that comes when they swallow the lie. [/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag (btw keep up the great writing people, you're all amazing!)[/center]
okay, it's angst time because i said so:
March 5 2021 wrote:
"Everything will be okay," they whisper to their child, tucking them closer. Their heart pounds in their ears, and they can't help the bitterness that comes when they swallow the lie.
@Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag

(btw keep up the great writing people, you're all amazing!)
poem shop
writing prompts
[center][size=4][b][u]tw: fire, tw: death[/u][/b][/size][/center] Short because it's been a long day. [quote]"Everything will be okay," they whisper to their child, tucking them closer. Their heart pounds in their ears, and they can't help the bitterness that comes when they swallow the lie.[/quote] It was so so cold in the freezer and so so hot outside of it, as the clan's headquarters burned to the ground. Calling it a "freezer" might be wrong though, as it was just Jaque the tundra using his ice magic to keep the meat cold and most of the nights it was enough to keep it fresh for the chef. His magic wasn't anything great and Jaque knew it. Nyx the guardian and the hatchlings had been visiting the headquarters as today's lesson on the clan's history when the fire broke out and as such, she didn't have her runic armor with her. She wanted to curse. But she had the hatchlings and Jaque to worry about. Jaque was getting slower and slower in answering her questions, a sign that he and his magic wouldn't last much longer. She decided she'd knock him out before he died, as a friend would. Maybe she'd do the same with the hatchlings. But she was having trouble gathering the strength to hit them, they were so sweet, with their giant stupid eyes looking at her with the confidence that she would save them. Forcing herself to meet their gaze was much harder than she thought. Nyx got up from her spot atop the hatchlings and approached Jaque. He looked awful. "Jaque?" She pestered him. "Y-Yeah?" His voice was hardly a whisper. "I asked if you could help me put the little ones to sleep." He knew what she meant. And he was even more powerless. "Nevermind." She understood from his weak, unfocused eyes. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't, it was too late. She put the hatchlings to sleep, one by one, telling them to close their eyes first and think of a place they'd rather be. She listened to their imaginary islands, towers and icebergs, and made sure to give them a last giggle and a hug. There were tears in her eyes as she was done with the last one. It took too long and Jaque was already gone.
tw: fire, tw: death

Short because it's been a long day.
Quote:
"Everything will be okay," they whisper to their child, tucking them closer. Their heart pounds in their ears, and they can't help the bitterness that comes when they swallow the lie.

It was so so cold in the freezer and so so hot outside of it, as the clan's headquarters burned to the ground. Calling it a "freezer" might be wrong though, as it was just Jaque the tundra using his ice magic to keep the meat cold and most of the nights it was enough to keep it fresh for the chef. His magic wasn't anything great and Jaque knew it. Nyx the guardian and the hatchlings had been visiting the headquarters as today's lesson on the clan's history when the fire broke out and as such, she didn't have her runic armor with her. She wanted to curse. But she had the hatchlings and Jaque to worry about.

Jaque was getting slower and slower in answering her questions, a sign that he and his magic wouldn't last much longer. She decided she'd knock him out before he died, as a friend would. Maybe she'd do the same with the hatchlings. But she was having trouble gathering the strength to hit them, they were so sweet, with their giant stupid eyes looking at her with the confidence that she would save them. Forcing herself to meet their gaze was much harder than she thought.

Nyx got up from her spot atop the hatchlings and approached Jaque. He looked awful.
"Jaque?" She pestered him.
"Y-Yeah?" His voice was hardly a whisper.
"I asked if you could help me put the little ones to sleep." He knew what she meant. And he was even more powerless.
"Nevermind." She understood from his weak, unfocused eyes. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't, it was too late.

She put the hatchlings to sleep, one by one, telling them to close their eyes first and think of a place they'd rather be. She listened to their imaginary islands, towers and icebergs, and made sure to give them a last giggle and a hug. There were tears in her eyes as she was done with the last one. It took too long and Jaque was already gone.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 165 166