Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | triweekly writing prompts !
1 2 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166
I hope im allowed to use past prompts and write for non FR lore...i wanna get better at writing TW: death, graphic descriptions of injury and transformation. [quote]More powerful than the fear was their promise.[/quote] His Starlight was no more. Xef The Fearless, The Dragonslayer, The One Who Laughs at Darkness, had succumbed to the very thing He, Kyle, and Lumen all swore to defeat. Inky black goop shot all throughout his body, shimmering like oil and stinking like a mixture of sulfur and rot. Lumen could only watch in horror as his mate crumpled into the dirty wasteland sand, screaming in agony as glowing crimson spikes shot from his back and shoulders. Darkness continued to spread across Xef's body, stainjng his clothes a sickly green like the sand he laid on, as black tendrils turned his clay body into rough, scaly darkstone. As his stone skin cracked and crumbled away, instead of the normal gold blood of a healthy SkyKid, oversaturated blue glowed like lamplight and trickled out like puss from an infected wound. Which, to be fair, was what Xef's entire body was turning into. As the former Krill hunter writhed around in pain, Lumen rushed up to him, his candle in hand. Maybe he could burn away the dark, like with a DarkPlant! Only, he was stopped by Kyle, the ikemen's cool and pompus look replaced by a distant gaze, eyes glazed over with fear. "What the hell man! What gives!?" Lumen shouted, glaring at the taller skykid, "stop. Dont, dont go near him," Kyle replied, his voice shaky, like he was about to cry, "arent you his brother? Wr need to help him!" Lumen wresled out of Kyle's grip and ran towards Xef, bringing the candle close to a blotch of Darkness near his shoulder. But instead of burning away and leaving clear, rust coloured clay, all it did was scorch Xef, leaving him in more pain, screeching as he clawed away his friend. So close to him, Lumen could see Xef's eyes had changed to a glowing red, like the crystals on his back and shoulder. Speaking of which, the spot burned by the candle was fully chipped away, revealing more unatural blue. Lumen was terrified. Why, out of all skykids, why HIM? Why his friend group? It angered him, but right now all he could feel was sheer, unrelenting horror and hopelessness as his friend slowly morhped further and further, chitinous dragon scales replacing his skin and gowing and segmenting over flaky, rot smelling darkstone, a long, spiked tail emerging at tbe base of his spine while pairs of horns and sets of insectoid mandibles grew on the face. Finally, with an ear splitting roar, Xef ascended to the sky as a fully fledged Dark Dragon. Lumen couldnt believe it. His Starlight, his love and his joy...a fercious monster now looming overhead. Emotions of all sorts swirled inside him. Betrayal, anger, shock, grief..but above all was fear. It gripped at his heart like an icy crab claw, biting and sinking his souk down and down under it was all he coukd think or feel. But then, one thing shot itself to the front of his mind, amongst all the cold terror one memory stood out to him. --------- [i]it was just before his first Hunt, Xef, Kyle and BB had dragged him to The Crab, a hole in the wall resturaunt and bar they frequented. It was cozy, springy wooden floorboards and soft baubles of Light reminding him of his mother's home. The gang had said they were here to plan ahead and strategize, but Lumen was pretty sure they just wanted to get drunk. His suspicions were confirmed when everyone ordered cups of sake and beer alongside savoury seal buns. A cup of some odd smelling beer was shoved into his hands by Xef, who smiled as he raised his own glass. "To the new guy!" "To the new guy!" The rest of the group shouted in unison, chanting his name and drinking. Lumen looked up as Xef casually wrapped an arm around him, "hey, so i know the others will be too drunk to actually plan, so how about i give you a tip before your hunt, eh?" Xef ruffled his hair and chuckled as Lumen swatted it away in annoyance. "Ok, and what would that be?" Lumen inquired, sipping on his beer. It was way too strong and tasted sour. Xefs face grew serious as he moved his hand to Lumen's shoulder, staring him right in the eyes. [/i] [i][b]leave no SkyKid behind. No matter what.[/b][/i] ---?--- Lumen's mind flashed back to the present as he stood frozen with fear by the dragon he once called Love flying overhead. "Leave no Skykid behind," he muttered to himself, once again pulljng his candle out from his chest. Before Kyle could run over to stop him, Lumen locked eyes with the Dark Dragon, candle held high above his head as the red eyelight of the Krill pulsated like a malfunctioning spotlight above him. "THAT INCLUDES YOU, DUMBASS!" And with that final scream, that promise of saving the unsavable, Lumen let the krill Crash into him with an angry, bloodlusted roar, the sounds of clay and StarLight shattering echoing throughiut the desert wastes. END Sorry its bad, not good at writing...sorry for spelling errors, my keyboard hates me.
I hope im allowed to use past prompts and write for non FR lore...i wanna get better at writing
TW: death, graphic descriptions of injury and transformation.
Quote:
More powerful than the fear was their promise.

His Starlight was no more.

Xef The Fearless, The Dragonslayer, The One Who Laughs at Darkness, had succumbed to the very thing He, Kyle, and Lumen all swore to defeat. Inky black goop shot all throughout his body, shimmering like oil and stinking like a mixture of sulfur and rot. Lumen could only watch in horror as his mate crumpled into the dirty wasteland sand, screaming in agony as glowing crimson spikes shot from his back and shoulders. Darkness continued to spread across Xef's body, stainjng his clothes a sickly green like the sand he laid on, as black tendrils turned his clay body into rough, scaly darkstone.
As his stone skin cracked and crumbled away, instead of the normal gold blood of a healthy SkyKid, oversaturated blue glowed like lamplight and trickled out like puss from an infected wound. Which, to be fair, was what Xef's entire body was turning into. As the former Krill hunter writhed around in pain, Lumen rushed up to him, his candle in hand. Maybe he could burn away the dark, like with a DarkPlant! Only, he was stopped by Kyle, the ikemen's cool and pompus look replaced by a distant gaze, eyes glazed over with fear. "What the hell man! What gives!?"

Lumen shouted, glaring at the taller skykid, "stop. Dont, dont go near him," Kyle replied, his voice shaky, like he was about to cry, "arent you his brother? Wr need to help him!" Lumen wresled out of Kyle's grip and ran towards Xef, bringing the candle close to a blotch of Darkness near his shoulder. But instead of burning away and leaving clear, rust coloured clay, all it did was scorch Xef, leaving him in more pain, screeching as he clawed away his friend. So close to him, Lumen could see Xef's eyes had changed to a glowing red, like the crystals on his back and shoulder. Speaking of which, the spot burned by the candle was fully chipped away, revealing more unatural blue. Lumen was terrified. Why, out of all skykids, why HIM? Why his friend group? It angered him, but right now all he could feel was sheer, unrelenting horror and hopelessness as his friend slowly morhped further and further, chitinous dragon scales replacing his skin and gowing and segmenting over flaky, rot smelling darkstone, a long, spiked tail emerging at tbe base of his spine while pairs of horns and sets of insectoid mandibles grew on the face. Finally, with an ear splitting roar, Xef ascended to the sky as a fully fledged Dark Dragon.

Lumen couldnt believe it. His Starlight, his love and his joy...a fercious monster now looming overhead. Emotions of all sorts swirled inside him. Betrayal, anger, shock, grief..but above all was fear. It gripped at his heart like an icy crab claw, biting and sinking his souk down and down under it was all he coukd think or feel. But then, one thing shot itself to the front of his mind, amongst all the cold terror one memory stood out to him.
it was just before his first Hunt, Xef, Kyle and BB had dragged him to The Crab, a hole in the wall resturaunt and bar they frequented. It was cozy, springy wooden floorboards and soft baubles of Light reminding him of his mother's home. The gang had said they were here to plan ahead and strategize, but Lumen was pretty sure they just wanted to get drunk. His suspicions were confirmed when everyone ordered cups of sake and beer alongside savoury seal buns. A cup of some odd smelling beer was shoved into his hands by Xef, who smiled as he raised his own glass. "To the new guy!" "To the new guy!" The rest of the group shouted in unison, chanting his name and drinking. Lumen looked up as Xef casually wrapped an arm around him, "hey, so i know the others will be too drunk to actually plan, so how about i give you a tip before your hunt, eh?" Xef ruffled his hair and chuckled as Lumen swatted it away in annoyance. "Ok, and what would that be?" Lumen inquired, sipping on his beer. It was way too strong and tasted sour. Xefs face grew serious as he moved his hand to Lumen's shoulder, staring him right in the eyes.

leave no SkyKid behind. No matter what.

---?---

Lumen's mind flashed back to the present as he stood frozen with fear by the dragon he once called Love flying overhead. "Leave no Skykid behind," he muttered to himself, once again pulljng his candle out from his chest. Before Kyle could run over to stop him, Lumen locked eyes with the Dark Dragon, candle held high above his head as the red eyelight of the Krill pulsated like a malfunctioning spotlight above him.

"THAT INCLUDES YOU, *******!" And with that final scream, that promise of saving the unsavable, Lumen let the krill Crash into him with an angry, bloodlusted roar, the sounds of clay and StarLight shattering echoing throughiut the desert wastes.

END

Sorry its bad, not good at writing...sorry for spelling errors, my keyboard hates me.
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
1 2 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166