Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | triweekly writing prompts !
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 165 166
"Leave me at once. I have had enough of your games. We live to be loyal, and those exalted to a higher cause, like me, must prove our worth. If you truly do know all about me, you will know I have risen to power because of my devotion. You could do the same!"
"There are far more meaningful ways to gain power than slaving away at the claws of a deity. Now that they are gone, why do you still choose to follow their ancient command?"
"It is the will of the deities," she insists. "We must obey."
"Is it the will of the gods, or your own dumb lies?" I hiss in retort. "Because the gods are gone. The world is ours, now."
"You know nothing of their power! They will find you, and they will destroy you." Her snarl grows fiercer, and I can hear the defiant love in her tight voice. This pearlcatcher's heart beats for her deity, warm and strong beneath icy silver scales.
I have been plaguing Katara's dreams for months now, and I know her well. She is by far the most loyal, refusing to heed my warnings. Each dream an alternative universe, a futuristic chaos in which the deities are gone.
The strongest warriors of Sornieth are those who serve our deities. Gifted with their elemental powers, they are the closest thing we will have to our all-seeing gods when it happens. Once, I was like Katara. A blazing warrior of the Flamecaller, loyal only to my flame ridden mother. But I learned, and I am here to pass on what I was taught.
One day the deities will be gone. Every fortune teller knows it, for it has been spoken in the back of their visions, and it plagues them. Such a fortune teller decided to do something about it. Hephia knew that when the deities were gone, however their end might come, we would need someone to protect us, and to lead us. That is how we, the dreamchasers, were born. We harry the most loyal soldiers of the deities, each dream invasion a desperate attempt to change their minds and make them see that they must prepare for a time when the ones they look up to are no more.
Though I am a high ranking member of our secret society, I seem to be having little progress with this stubborn pearlcatcher. Her loyalty would be a great asset to our community if I could just get her to budge... But then, she is a rather high ranking member of the Icewarden's council. I suppose we are equals, in a way.
Only time will tell whether Katara will ever accept the fate that is laid out for her.
"Leave me at once. I have had enough of your games. We live to be loyal, and those exalted to a higher cause, like me, must prove our worth. If you truly do know all about me, you will know I have risen to power because of my devotion. You could do the same!"
"There are far more meaningful ways to gain power than slaving away at the claws of a deity. Now that they are gone, why do you still choose to follow their ancient command?"
"It is the will of the deities," she insists. "We must obey."
"Is it the will of the gods, or your own dumb lies?" I hiss in retort. "Because the gods are gone. The world is ours, now."
"You know nothing of their power! They will find you, and they will destroy you." Her snarl grows fiercer, and I can hear the defiant love in her tight voice. This pearlcatcher's heart beats for her deity, warm and strong beneath icy silver scales.
I have been plaguing Katara's dreams for months now, and I know her well. She is by far the most loyal, refusing to heed my warnings. Each dream an alternative universe, a futuristic chaos in which the deities are gone.
The strongest warriors of Sornieth are those who serve our deities. Gifted with their elemental powers, they are the closest thing we will have to our all-seeing gods when it happens. Once, I was like Katara. A blazing warrior of the Flamecaller, loyal only to my flame ridden mother. But I learned, and I am here to pass on what I was taught.
One day the deities will be gone. Every fortune teller knows it, for it has been spoken in the back of their visions, and it plagues them. Such a fortune teller decided to do something about it. Hephia knew that when the deities were gone, however their end might come, we would need someone to protect us, and to lead us. That is how we, the dreamchasers, were born. We harry the most loyal soldiers of the deities, each dream invasion a desperate attempt to change their minds and make them see that they must prepare for a time when the ones they look up to are no more.
Though I am a high ranking member of our secret society, I seem to be having little progress with this stubborn pearlcatcher. Her loyalty would be a great asset to our community if I could just get her to budge... But then, she is a rather high ranking member of the Icewarden's council. I suppose we are equals, in a way.
Only time will tell whether Katara will ever accept the fate that is laid out for her.
Using previous prompt, godhood is too much for my tiny brain lol [quote]The past, the present, the future. And the oracle sees all.[/quote] His perception of time is different, that's why he has trouble forming bonds. He experiences all of his life at the same time, his past, his present, his future all blend together. How could he mourn for a friend, when that friend is still alive from his point of view? How could he cherish a lover when that lover will always be with him, even if they break up? His parents are still by his side, even though he burried them a decade ago. Right now, he's at the beach where he'll draw his last breath a few dozen years later. He's just been born, and he's just about to die. He doesn't consider it neither a curse nor a gift. It's just how his world has always been, is, and will be, the same way most dragons don't have any strong feelings towards their sense of perception or how they can guess the weight of an object by placing it on their paws. Calling him an oracle is a bit silly. It's something so basic, he feels bad being praised for it. In his clan they know he can only percieve his own time, but outside of it dragons truely believe him to be a prophet. Not that he minds the extra cash he brings with his blind guesses, but he knows how it ends. With him at a beach being choked by an angry customer. He wishes he could change the outcome. That's his only complain about his perception, that what he sees is what happens like a very stubborn fate. But then again, his clan will flourish from his services so he doesn't mind too much. Death doesn't scare him as much as it should. He knows when his time is and he knows that single-minded future won't change no matter what, so he can do anything he wants without fear of death. He even calls himself immortal. For his danger-seeking habits, he gets a lot of admirers (and customers for the clan!) that will follow him to the deadliest places in Sorienth. They don't always make it out alive like he does. He knows that too. But it's weird, he doesn't feel any remorse. It's how things always have been, are, and will be.
Using previous prompt, godhood is too much for my tiny brain lol
Quote:
The past, the present, the future. And the oracle sees all.

His perception of time is different, that's why he has trouble forming bonds. He experiences all of his life at the same time, his past, his present, his future all blend together. How could he mourn for a friend, when that friend is still alive from his point of view? How could he cherish a lover when that lover will always be with him, even if they break up? His parents are still by his side, even though he burried them a decade ago. Right now, he's at the beach where he'll draw his last breath a few dozen years later. He's just been born, and he's just about to die.

He doesn't consider it neither a curse nor a gift. It's just how his world has always been, is, and will be, the same way most dragons don't have any strong feelings towards their sense of perception or how they can guess the weight of an object by placing it on their paws. Calling him an oracle is a bit silly. It's something so basic, he feels bad being praised for it.

In his clan they know he can only percieve his own time, but outside of it dragons truely believe him to be a prophet. Not that he minds the extra cash he brings with his blind guesses, but he knows how it ends. With him at a beach being choked by an angry customer. He wishes he could change the outcome. That's his only complain about his perception, that what he sees is what happens like a very stubborn fate. But then again, his clan will flourish from his services so he doesn't mind too much.

Death doesn't scare him as much as it should. He knows when his time is and he knows that single-minded future won't change no matter what, so he can do anything he wants without fear of death. He even calls himself immortal. For his danger-seeking habits, he gets a lot of admirers (and customers for the clan!) that will follow him to the deadliest places in Sorienth. They don't always make it out alive like he does. He knows that too. But it's weird, he doesn't feel any remorse. It's how things always have been, are, and will be.
779bb9748f1a01bb53ebd79bec9f8670a24bdf61.png art-shop2.pngwagon_dragon.png
[center][quote=March 8 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"It is the will of the deities," they insist. "we must obey." "Is it the will of the gods, or your own dumb lies?" they hiss in retort. "Because the gods are gone. The world is ours, now." [/size][/quote] ----- After hearing another melancholic set of goodbyes, she realised then that she had been lied to. It never got easier. Sure, they called it an honor, that with each mortal donation they were granted boons for their troubles- was it well and truly worth it? Electra could beg and plead for them to stay, argue that their life is more valuable than the satisfaction of deities. Honor, devotion, respect, it dumbfounded her. Too great a sacrifice for an unworthy cause. But some begged to differ. It made Electra's blood boil, memories flooding back to her, much like the tears that streaked her cheeks. [b]"It is the will of the deities," Halite insisted, "We must obey."[/b] Electra couldn't see it; their [i]God[/i] decided she would be denied the luxury of sight, but blindness taught her to decipher the subtle animosity in her voice. Relentless. [b]"Is it the will of the gods, or your own foolish lies?!" Electra hissed in retort. "Because the gods are gone. The world is ours, now."[/b] Halite was intelligent, Electra could, and would only give her that much--but she was so grounded in her devotion Electra knew there was no saving her. The coatl passed the brink long ago. The Order was at its peak, worship of the Stormcatcher a monumental influence among them. Electra could repspect the deities for the world they molded with their own hands, but a line had to be drawn. She could even respect those that chose to leave on their own; but what their Order created is a monstrosity, through and through. "The Gods are closer than ever, child of Lightning. And when the time comes, He shall be the one to reign supreme. May it be this lifetime or the next, the time shall come. I will see to it that this comes to fruition, then I shall join our children, our ancestors... Him." ----- Looking back on it now, the spiral couldn't help laugh wildly. How on Sorneith did she survive that? Each day that she is here and Halite is not, is a blessing in disguise. ------ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46744258][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/467443/46744258.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44508714][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/445088/44508714.png[/img][/url] electra + halite
March 8 2021 wrote:
"It is the will of the deities," they insist. "we must obey."
"Is it the will of the gods, or your own dumb lies?" they hiss in retort. "Because the gods are gone. The world is ours, now."

After hearing another melancholic set of goodbyes, she realised then that she had been lied to. It never got easier. Sure, they called it an honor, that with each mortal donation they were granted boons for their troubles- was it well and truly worth it?

Electra could beg and plead for them to stay, argue that their life is more valuable than the satisfaction of deities. Honor, devotion, respect, it dumbfounded her. Too great a sacrifice for an unworthy cause. But some begged to differ.

It made Electra's blood boil, memories flooding back to her, much like the tears that streaked her cheeks.

"It is the will of the deities," Halite insisted, "We must obey."

Electra couldn't see it; their God decided she would be denied the luxury of sight, but blindness taught her to decipher the subtle animosity in her voice. Relentless. "Is it the will of the gods, or your own foolish lies?!" Electra hissed in retort. "Because the gods are gone. The world is ours, now."

Halite was intelligent, Electra could, and would only give her that much--but she was so grounded in her devotion Electra knew there was no saving her. The coatl passed the brink long ago.

The Order was at its peak, worship of the Stormcatcher a monumental influence among them. Electra could repspect the deities for the world they molded with their own hands, but a line had to be drawn. She could even respect those that chose to leave on their own; but what their Order created is a monstrosity, through and through.

"The Gods are closer than ever, child of Lightning. And when the time comes, He shall be the one to reign supreme. May it be this lifetime or the next, the time shall come. I will see to it that this comes to fruition, then I shall join our children, our ancestors... Him."
Looking back on it now, the spiral couldn't help laugh wildly. How on Sorneith did she survive that? Each day that she is here and Halite is not, is a blessing in disguise.
46744258.png44508714.png
electra + halite
wealth beyond measure, outlander
[center]a bit more angst to spice up your day: [quote=March 9 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"What is it like to be free?" they ask the stars. [/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @Auraelia @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang[/center]
a bit more angst to spice up your day:
March 9 2021 wrote:
"What is it like to be free?" they ask the stars.

@Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @Auraelia @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang
poem shop
writing prompts
The sky is empty. It always has been. The world... It's empty. For Mechanica, there is nothing but her and her tech. There used to be someone. She tries to remember, but she just... Can't. She's sad.
Lonely.
Technology is her cure. She studies it, works with it, plays with it, all day. And yet in the end, the only thing keeping count of the days that pass is her data log.
There are some people, outside her fortress. Oh, she'd join them if she could. But they think she's mad, and Mechanica is afraid. Afraid of what they think of her. Afraid of his they'd react to her strange tendencies. She won't admit it, filling her life with amazement and industry as she studies her collection of tech, and yet she's scared.
Dexterous limbs pull her up high, where she sits on the roof of her strange fortress, looking out at the world. No one lives nearby anymore. She's completely alone.
Gazing up, clouds clear and the sky is filled with shafts of light.
The moment is perfect, but ridden with the eternal sadness. It's never-ending, and even in the freedom of the night sky, she can't get it out of her mind. She's not a people person! But she wants... Friends. Another sigh as the sky grows misty yet again. She is imprisoned in her own strange mind. In the rumours of others. In her love, and her loneliness.
There are only a few stars left now.
"What is it like to be free?" She asks the stars. A tearful whisper which drifts, unanswered, into the night.
The stars have no answers for a girl like her.
The sky is empty. It always has been. The world... It's empty. For Mechanica, there is nothing but her and her tech. There used to be someone. She tries to remember, but she just... Can't. She's sad.
Lonely.
Technology is her cure. She studies it, works with it, plays with it, all day. And yet in the end, the only thing keeping count of the days that pass is her data log.
There are some people, outside her fortress. Oh, she'd join them if she could. But they think she's mad, and Mechanica is afraid. Afraid of what they think of her. Afraid of his they'd react to her strange tendencies. She won't admit it, filling her life with amazement and industry as she studies her collection of tech, and yet she's scared.
Dexterous limbs pull her up high, where she sits on the roof of her strange fortress, looking out at the world. No one lives nearby anymore. She's completely alone.
Gazing up, clouds clear and the sky is filled with shafts of light.
The moment is perfect, but ridden with the eternal sadness. It's never-ending, and even in the freedom of the night sky, she can't get it out of her mind. She's not a people person! But she wants... Friends. Another sigh as the sky grows misty yet again. She is imprisoned in her own strange mind. In the rumours of others. In her love, and her loneliness.
There are only a few stars left now.
"What is it like to be free?" She asks the stars. A tearful whisper which drifts, unanswered, into the night.
The stars have no answers for a girl like her.
[center][quote=March 9 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"What is it like to be free?" they ask the stars. [/size][/quote] ----- When she first fell from the heavens one fateful night, Roscoa looked to the stars as her refuge, her solace. Many moons she spent with nothing but those lights as company, seeking guidance from them as if they would reply--and though she knew they would not, she felt comfort nonetheless. The lands she travelled were foreign, frightening, but the steady constant of the vista above eased her like nothing else could. "What is there for me here? What is my purpose?" Roscoa sighed into the cold, static filled air of the Expanse--and all too familiar, nothing came. Perfect. ----- Within the lightning choked lands came an odd surprise; a dragon that fell as she did, looked as she did, though sepentine with wings one could see right through. A new constant to her existence Roscoa welcomed openly. More moons would come to pass, and since the spiral who named himself Etherea usually rested, the fall left him injured and frail--Roscoa was then left to her usual routines by nightfall. Her question for tonight. [b]"What is it like to be free?" She asked the stars.[/b] A press of scales to her side, a long snout with the most beautiful blue eyes nuzzled under her chin. "Freedom," a hiss, a voice that would sound soothing to no one but her, "is anywhere I can be with you." ----- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28132259][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/281323/28132259.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40198305][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/401984/40198305.png[/img][/url] roscoa + etherea
March 9 2021 wrote:

When she first fell from the heavens one fateful night, Roscoa looked to the stars as her refuge, her solace. Many moons she spent with nothing but those lights as company, seeking guidance from them as if they would reply--and though she knew they would not, she felt comfort nonetheless.

The lands she travelled were foreign, frightening, but the steady constant of the vista above eased her like nothing else could.

"What is there for me here? What is my purpose?" Roscoa sighed into the cold, static filled air of the Expanse--and all too familiar, nothing came. Perfect.
Within the lightning choked lands came an odd surprise; a dragon that fell as she did, looked as she did, though sepentine with wings one could see right through. A new constant to her existence Roscoa welcomed openly. More moons would come to pass, and since the spiral who named himself Etherea usually rested, the fall left him injured and frail--Roscoa was then left to her usual routines by nightfall.

Her question for tonight. "What is it like to be free?" She asked the stars.

A press of scales to her side, a long snout with the most beautiful blue eyes nuzzled under her chin. "Freedom," a hiss, a voice that would sound soothing to no one but her, "is anywhere I can be with you."
28132259.png40198305.png
roscoa + etherea
Hnnng my whole lore is about this prompt it was hard to choose a pov. [quote]"What is it like to be free?" they ask the stars.[/quote] The box cutter ate away at the soft wood, slice by slice, carefully shaping the details of a wing. Dollmaker blew gently at the woodchips gathered on her sculture's edges and brushed it with her thumb to check the curves she's made. She didn't work much with wood. She was more of a procelain and clay type of artist, but it would be a shame to not make use of the rich darkness of the Tangled Wood's trees now that she lived so close to them. They were interesting, these trees. She realised now that she was cutting them open that on the inside they were different shades of purple and instead of the rich yellow thick pine tar she was used to, they bled a sticky thin goop that run almost like water. Her husband back home, did he remember her? It was his face she was curving after all, even though it's been so long since she's seen him, seen she opened a shop at the circus. Sales weren't going great. She wanted to return to him, but something always held her back and she couldn't wrap her finger around what it was. Loyalty maybe? Even though her co-workers gave her the creeps and management always made her stomach turn with their requests. It could be a love for the location. But how could this be when Murkbarrow Close was just around the corner? When Whispwillow Grove was so far away it felt like a different flight's grounds? The only things she was inspired to make here turned out to be twisted. Nightmare-ish. From her hidden workshop she gazed out the window, at the stars. There wasn't a show tonight, so she didn't have to be in her tent waiting for customers that never dropped by. Who would want to remember such a dreadful place, anyway? The stars always seemed so bright here. No light around her to contest them, no lamps to promise her safety, no traveling vehicle to remind her that somewhere out there, regular dragons existed. "Are you free up there?" She whispered to them wondering if, on another place, in a far away world, someone felt as trapped as she without knowing what their cage looked liked.
Hnnng my whole lore is about this prompt it was hard to choose a pov.
Quote:

The box cutter ate away at the soft wood, slice by slice, carefully shaping the details of a wing. Dollmaker blew gently at the woodchips gathered on her sculture's edges and brushed it with her thumb to check the curves she's made. She didn't work much with wood. She was more of a procelain and clay type of artist, but it would be a shame to not make use of the rich darkness of the Tangled Wood's trees now that she lived so close to them. They were interesting, these trees. She realised now that she was cutting them open that on the inside they were different shades of purple and instead of the rich yellow thick pine tar she was used to, they bled a sticky thin goop that run almost like water.

Her husband back home, did he remember her? It was his face she was curving after all, even though it's been so long since she's seen him, seen she opened a shop at the circus. Sales weren't going great. She wanted to return to him, but something always held her back and she couldn't wrap her finger around what it was. Loyalty maybe? Even though her co-workers gave her the creeps and management always made her stomach turn with their requests. It could be a love for the location. But how could this be when Murkbarrow Close was just around the corner? When Whispwillow Grove was so far away it felt like a different flight's grounds? The only things she was inspired to make here turned out to be twisted. Nightmare-ish.

From her hidden workshop she gazed out the window, at the stars. There wasn't a show tonight, so she didn't have to be in her tent waiting for customers that never dropped by. Who would want to remember such a dreadful place, anyway? The stars always seemed so bright here. No light around her to contest them, no lamps to promise her safety, no traveling vehicle to remind her that somewhere out there, regular dragons existed.
"Are you free up there?" She whispered to them wondering if, on another place, in a far away world, someone felt as trapped as she without knowing what their cage looked liked.
779bb9748f1a01bb53ebd79bec9f8670a24bdf61.png art-shop2.pngwagon_dragon.png
I came into this thread planning to just read some stuff but i got inspired whoops-

He sat alone, staring up solemnly at the inky darkness that covered the earth like a blanket, speckled with glistening lights. The wind was brisk, cold, biting him to his very bones, but...
He didn't want to leave yet.

Leaving meant going home, back to rules and customs and expectations, to empty rooms and locked doors, to a throne that needed to be filled by a child who wanted to run.
The Prince looked up at the sky.
"What is it like to be free?" He asked the stars.
There was no answer.
I came into this thread planning to just read some stuff but i got inspired whoops-

He sat alone, staring up solemnly at the inky darkness that covered the earth like a blanket, speckled with glistening lights. The wind was brisk, cold, biting him to his very bones, but...
He didn't want to leave yet.

Leaving meant going home, back to rules and customs and expectations, to empty rooms and locked doors, to a throne that needed to be filled by a child who wanted to run.
The Prince looked up at the sky.
"What is it like to be free?" He asked the stars.
There was no answer.
y6Tz96p.pngFObX7rS.pngy6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
[center]i'm so depressed,, i accidentally deleted one of the longer prompts i had prepared and i can't remember the exact wording to fix it jdsghf. here's a fluffy prompt to (hopefully) make it better: [quote=March 10 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"Come on!" they called. "We've only got a few miles left to go." [i]"Miles?!"[/i] one of the poor souls shrieked. They rolled their eyes; so [i]spoiled.[/i] [/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @Auraelia @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang [/center]
i'm so depressed,, i accidentally deleted one of the longer prompts i had prepared and i can't remember the exact wording to fix it jdsghf. here's a fluffy prompt to (hopefully) make it better:
March 10 2021 wrote:
"Come on!" they called. "We've only got a few miles left to go."
"Miles?!" one of the poor souls shrieked. They rolled their eyes; so spoiled.
@Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @Auraelia @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang
poem shop
writing prompts
[center][quote=March 10 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"Come on!" they called. "We've only got a few miles left to go." [i]"Miles?!"[/i] one of the poor souls shrieked. They rolled their eyes; so [i]spoiled.[/i] [/size][/quote] ----- Soaring far above the foul territory of the Plaguebringer (she wouldn't dare allow her boots to touch the ground, the smell from up here was already overwhelming), the skydancer's eyes couldn't help but be drawn to the rather large clan of dragons traversing the wretched place. The group contrasted heavily, bright blues, whites, and pinks against a filthy brown. Juniper had witnessed many migrations, had been a part of one herself a few lifetimes ago; most went well, the others she'd much rather be lost to time. The skydancer noticed they were travelling in the same direction she had planned for today, so she decided to trail behind, well out of their view. They intrigued her. Flying closer she noticed the clan was comprised entirely of adult dragons, a smart decision, really--memories of a hatchling vanishing from beneath the eyes of ignorant parents pulled at her heart. And like everything else, she shoved it back. Finding them closer to the border of shadow territory, a few hours had passed since stumbling upon the clan. Her intrigue led her to ignore the stench, close enough to overhear speech now. "I haven't set foot here since I left home... it is just as putrid as I remember. Lovely!" A skydancer Juniper mistook as a denizen of the Wasteland could hardly contain her excitement, pointing out old memories to anyone that would (and let's be honest, wouldn't) listen. As their sole plague dragon, she took it upon herself to lead them, and she did so with honor. "Hana, dear--I know you're excited but we'd like to reach our destination as soon as possible. I beg of you to cease with the detours and stops. Besides, our new residence will be within moderate distance of plague territory, you can always come back." Yet another skydancer sighed in exasperation, this one looking like a living spirit draped in blue. She caught glimpses of other dragons, a snapper and spiral that resembled a pleasant night sky, a pearlcatcher nestled into the back fur of a mighty imperial. "I trek all the way to the Southern Icefield, then Anathura and I fly over to the Shifting Expanse... now we are walking [b]all[/b] the way back to the Starfall Isles..." The imperial mumbled just within earshot--how close had Juniper gotten? "A lengthy journey, though we snappers are made for such a thing..." A deep, calm voice emanated from the dragon at the rear. It seemed no one was to answer him, until he stopped and turned his head toward her. "You seem like you have many stories, a well-travelled dragoness ages older than one would believe. I have a few myself, perhaps we could pass the time?" He continued, voice slow, filled with patience; Juniper silently agreed and fell into step beside him. ------ The questionable sights of the Scarred Wasteland flew by with Moonlight as company. Other clan members accepted Juniper's presence, some even greeting her, looking to join their conversation- only to yawn and return to prior activities. "Perhaps you will stay, ancient one? I have never met a dragon as observant as you, one that has lived as you have. Besides, we still have a considerable amount of time to pass-" [b]"Come on!" A spiral with bright blue eyes lining her body called. "We've only got a few miles left to go." "Miles?!" one of the poor souls shrieked. They rolled their eyes; so spoiled.[/b] Juniper laughed, grinning at her new friend, "considerable indeed. Now, where was I..?" ----- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=666194][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/6662/666194.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39780516][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/397806/39780516.png[/img][/url] juniper | moonlight [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44998198][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/449982/44998198.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55797078][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/557971/55797078.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38239046][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/382391/38239046.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49323984][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/493240/49323984.png[/img][/url] hanahaki | high priestess | condatis | arista
March 10 2021 wrote:
"Come on!" they called. "We've only got a few miles left to go."

Soaring far above the foul territory of the Plaguebringer (she wouldn't dare allow her boots to touch the ground, the smell from up here was already overwhelming), the skydancer's eyes couldn't help but be drawn to the rather large clan of dragons traversing the wretched place. The group contrasted heavily, bright blues, whites, and pinks against a filthy brown.

Juniper had witnessed many migrations, had been a part of one herself a few lifetimes ago; most went well, the others she'd much rather be lost to time. The skydancer noticed they were travelling in the same direction she had planned for today, so she decided to trail behind, well out of their view.

They intrigued her. Flying closer she noticed the clan was comprised entirely of adult dragons, a smart decision, really--memories of a hatchling vanishing from beneath the eyes of ignorant parents pulled at her heart. And like everything else, she shoved it back.

Finding them closer to the border of shadow territory, a few hours had passed since stumbling upon the clan. Her intrigue led her to ignore the stench, close enough to overhear speech now.

"I haven't set foot here since I left home... it is just as putrid as I remember. Lovely!" A skydancer Juniper mistook as a denizen of the Wasteland could hardly contain her excitement, pointing out old memories to anyone that would (and let's be honest, wouldn't) listen. As their sole plague dragon, she took it upon herself to lead them, and she did so with honor.

"Hana, dear--I know you're excited but we'd like to reach our destination as soon as possible. I beg of you to cease with the detours and stops. Besides, our new residence will be within moderate distance of plague territory, you can always come back." Yet another skydancer sighed in exasperation, this one looking like a living spirit draped in blue.

She caught glimpses of other dragons, a snapper and spiral that resembled a pleasant night sky, a pearlcatcher nestled into the back fur of a mighty imperial.

"I trek all the way to the Southern Icefield, then Anathura and I fly over to the Shifting Expanse... now we are walking all the way back to the Starfall Isles..." The imperial mumbled just within earshot--how close had Juniper gotten?

"A lengthy journey, though we snappers are made for such a thing..." A deep, calm voice emanated from the dragon at the rear. It seemed no one was to answer him, until he stopped and turned his head toward her.

"You seem like you have many stories, a well-travelled dragoness ages older than one would believe. I have a few myself, perhaps we could pass the time?" He continued, voice slow, filled with patience; Juniper silently agreed and fell into step beside him.
The questionable sights of the Scarred Wasteland flew by with Moonlight as company. Other clan members accepted Juniper's presence, some even greeting her, looking to join their conversation- only to yawn and return to prior activities.

"Perhaps you will stay, ancient one? I have never met a dragon as observant as you, one that has lived as you have. Besides, we still have a considerable amount of time to pass-"

"Come on!" A spiral with bright blue eyes lining her body called. "We've only got a few miles left to go."

Juniper laughed, grinning at her new friend, "considerable indeed. Now, where was I..?"
666194.png39780516.png
juniper | moonlight
44998198.png55797078.png38239046.png49323984.png
hanahaki | high priestess | condatis | arista
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 165 166