Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | triweekly writing prompts !
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 165 166
[center]today's prompt is: [quote=March 11 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]The dark can be frightening, but it's rarely the worst thing. They know that, now. [/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @Auraelia @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang[/center]
today's prompt is:
March 11 2021 wrote:
The dark can be frightening, but it's rarely the worst thing.
They know that, now.
@Nightlilac @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @Auraelia @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang
poem shop
writing prompts
@fyi could I be added to the daily pinglist?
@fyi could I be added to the daily pinglist?
overalls-5-1.pngJeans_Push_Water_Badge.pngJeans_Push_Wind_Badge.pngfUhiGHi.png
[quote]The dark can be frightening, but it's rarely the worst thing. They know that, now.[/quote] [i]Okay this was perfect for one of my space dragons–[/i] There was never a time when he knew darkness. How could he, when he came into existence from a brightness that could blind? He remembers blinking up at a being that did not quite create him but did consider herself his guardian. She was gold, burned into his memory, and he has never known darkness. He knows hunger. Life needs energy to survive. Stars burn through atoms, creating explosions to live. He is surrounded by the stars, each gleaming and rendering him visible, making his own hunt difficult. He learns to stalk his prey, carefully hiding in the shadows of black holes, waiting until the moment is right and he can feast. Any haste, any miscalculation, and he risks hunger. As time goes on and life on the planets advances, the creatures begin to unknowingly send him his next meal. It's tricky to pry open the metal encasing, but he claws at the seams and pulls. The first times, there is nothing inside, but soon enough, his hunting pays off. There is a ripple of sound waves, a release of atoms, and then nothingness. Those beings are odd, he thinks between hunts. They have an entire planet that can provide for them, and yet they venture into his territory. Do they think that the light from the stars will give them ample warning of a threat? Regardless, he enjoys the easy meals and rues the day the beings realize their mistake and stop venturing into the Void. [i]Do not fear the Dark. Fear that which can hunt in the Light.[/i] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63130737][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/631308/63130737_350.png[/img][/url]
Quote:
The dark can be frightening, but it's rarely the worst thing.
They know that, now.

Okay this was perfect for one of my space dragons–

There was never a time when he knew darkness. How could he, when he came into existence from a brightness that could blind? He remembers blinking up at a being that did not quite create him but did consider herself his guardian. She was gold, burned into his memory, and he has never known darkness.

He knows hunger. Life needs energy to survive. Stars burn through atoms, creating explosions to live. He is surrounded by the stars, each gleaming and rendering him visible, making his own hunt difficult. He learns to stalk his prey, carefully hiding in the shadows of black holes, waiting until the moment is right and he can feast. Any haste, any miscalculation, and he risks hunger.

As time goes on and life on the planets advances, the creatures begin to unknowingly send him his next meal. It's tricky to pry open the metal encasing, but he claws at the seams and pulls. The first times, there is nothing inside, but soon enough, his hunting pays off. There is a ripple of sound waves, a release of atoms, and then nothingness.

Those beings are odd, he thinks between hunts. They have an entire planet that can provide for them, and yet they venture into his territory. Do they think that the light from the stars will give them ample warning of a threat?

Regardless, he enjoys the easy meals and rues the day the beings realize their mistake and stop venturing into the Void.

Do not fear the Dark.
Fear that which can hunt in the Light.

63130737_350.png

tRvB8Xn.png
mlHpBMC.png
E3nmoMt.png

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
UGt2QgY.png vjO547Q.png
SV9CXSe.png
Fjqort2.png
[center]I have a dentist's appointment later, so I'm updating early today :P [quote=March 12 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"Don't you dare," snarls the guardian, and pulls them closer - "they're under [i]my[/i] protection." They can't help but feel oddly touched by the gesture, even if it is rather unnecessary. [/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @Auraelia @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya [/center]
I have a dentist's appointment later, so I'm updating early today :P
March 12 2021 wrote:
"Don't you dare," snarls the guardian, and pulls them closer - "they're under my protection."
They can't help but feel oddly touched by the gesture, even if it is rather unnecessary.
@Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @Auraelia @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya
poem shop
writing prompts
I'm doing budges for shadow's profit push so I'll miss a bunch of prompts for a while.
Quote:
"Don't you dare," snarls the guardian, and pulls them closer - "they're under my protection."
They can't help but feel oddly touched by the gesture, even if it is rather unnecessary.

Hex always had a crush on the gigantic guardian that worked at the market as a bodyguard for the expensive jewelry maker. Her wings were so big and he was sure that her thorns could pierce a solid stone wall just as easily as his heart. One time he saw her crush an imperial's skull. He wished it was his spine.

That's not to say he was like that with everyone! The mirror thief was known for being cold to everyone, unless there was loot to be shared or blood to be spilled. But he really liked larger dragons. Especially guardians. Maybe that's why he chose this stall to lighten today, perhaps deep inside he hoped he'd get caught by that guardian and get to know her better. His flirting skills weren't the best but he was confident he could at least offer her a hunt or two, maybe some romantic candles, a little forest fire from said candles, and then they'd run away faking their death with a pair of unfortunate burned bystanders he would have snatched beforehand. No! Focus Hex! Now's not the time to fantasize about forest fires!

The stall was as busy as always, no one batted an eye when he approached pretending to be a customer. He acted aloof and unbothered, confident even. As if he had a gift he was looking to buy for his non-existant mate and was unsure if they'd like the deep blue sapphire neckless or the bright red ruby one. When he tried to catch a glance of the guardian, she was already staring at him. He broke eye contact so fast, he was sure she would find out. He became awfully aware of her eyes on him and had trouble keeping up the act, he even got clumsy trying to pocket the neckless and had to pretend he just had butter fingers, apologising profusly while returning it to its stand. He was so glad none of the other rogues were around to see him like this. His image would be ruined.

He felt someone push him from behind and before he could turn to see, he was pinned to the ground.
"You got a lot of nerve showing your face around here, Hex!" His best friend, Vyne the wildclaw growled above him.
"What are you doing?" Hex whispered angrily at him.
"I'm helping you out. You looked like you were having trouble asking that guardian out, pal." Vyne whispered back with an annoying grin on his face.
"I don't need your help-"
"What's going on here?" The guardian shouted, her voice sending a shiver down Hex's spine.
"Isn't it obvious? Hex here has caused me some trouble so I'll destroy him, here and now!"
"Sir, please don't get violent with out customers. They're under my protection."
"Oh yea big girl? And what are you gonna do?"
"Crush that tiny little skull of yours."

Vyne didn't need much convincing to get off Hex after that but just to be sure, he scratched the mirror's back as he was leaving leaving the pathetic act to him. Hex was so good at looking pathetic. Maybe it was his dull colors or his high-pitched voice that he could crack into whimper with ease, but he could make even the most stoic of guards hesitate. Vyne had faith in his friend's acting.

His friend did not have faith in his own acting right now. The guardian was towering over him, her strong long black nails mere inches away from his eyes.
"I shall take you to a healer, it's the fault of the shop you didn't get the protection you deserve while on our grounds." She announced, as she reached down and grabbed Hex by the colar like a hatchling. He didn't complain.
I'm doing budges for shadow's profit push so I'll miss a bunch of prompts for a while.
Quote:

Hex always had a crush on the gigantic guardian that worked at the market as a bodyguard for the expensive jewelry maker. Her wings were so big and he was sure that her thorns could pierce a solid stone wall just as easily as his heart. One time he saw her crush an imperial's skull. He wished it was his spine.

That's not to say he was like that with everyone! The mirror thief was known for being cold to everyone, unless there was loot to be shared or blood to be spilled. But he really liked larger dragons. Especially guardians. Maybe that's why he chose this stall to lighten today, perhaps deep inside he hoped he'd get caught by that guardian and get to know her better. His flirting skills weren't the best but he was confident he could at least offer her a hunt or two, maybe some romantic candles, a little forest fire from said candles, and then they'd run away faking their death with a pair of unfortunate burned bystanders he would have snatched beforehand. No! Focus Hex! Now's not the time to fantasize about forest fires!

The stall was as busy as always, no one batted an eye when he approached pretending to be a customer. He acted aloof and unbothered, confident even. As if he had a gift he was looking to buy for his non-existant mate and was unsure if they'd like the deep blue sapphire neckless or the bright red ruby one. When he tried to catch a glance of the guardian, she was already staring at him. He broke eye contact so fast, he was sure she would find out. He became awfully aware of her eyes on him and had trouble keeping up the act, he even got clumsy trying to pocket the neckless and had to pretend he just had butter fingers, apologising profusly while returning it to its stand. He was so glad none of the other rogues were around to see him like this. His image would be ruined.

He felt someone push him from behind and before he could turn to see, he was pinned to the ground.
"You got a lot of nerve showing your face around here, Hex!" His best friend, Vyne the wildclaw growled above him.
"What are you doing?" Hex whispered angrily at him.
"I'm helping you out. You looked like you were having trouble asking that guardian out, pal." Vyne whispered back with an annoying grin on his face.
"I don't need your help-"
"What's going on here?" The guardian shouted, her voice sending a shiver down Hex's spine.
"Isn't it obvious? Hex here has caused me some trouble so I'll destroy him, here and now!"
"Sir, please don't get violent with out customers. They're under my protection."
"Oh yea big girl? And what are you gonna do?"
"Crush that tiny little skull of yours."

Vyne didn't need much convincing to get off Hex after that but just to be sure, he scratched the mirror's back as he was leaving leaving the pathetic act to him. Hex was so good at looking pathetic. Maybe it was his dull colors or his high-pitched voice that he could crack into whimper with ease, but he could make even the most stoic of guards hesitate. Vyne had faith in his friend's acting.

His friend did not have faith in his own acting right now. The guardian was towering over him, her strong long black nails mere inches away from his eyes.
"I shall take you to a healer, it's the fault of the shop you didn't get the protection you deserve while on our grounds." She announced, as she reached down and grabbed Hex by the colar like a hatchling. He didn't complain.
779bb9748f1a01bb53ebd79bec9f8670a24bdf61.png art-shop2.pngwagon_dragon.png
[center]today's prompt is inspired by [url=https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/8780349-history-doesn-t-repeat-itself-but-human-nature-remains-the-same#:~:text=Quotes%20%3E%20Quotable%20Quote-,%E2%80%9CHistory%20doesn't%20repeat%20itself%2C%20but,human%20nature%20remains%20the%20same.%E2%80%9D]this quote![/url] [quote=March 13 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]The clan elder watches from afar, and sighs sadly to themselves when they see what has come to pass. History never repeats, but dragons are always the same. [/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @Auraelia @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya [/center]
today's prompt is inspired by this quote!
March 13 2021 wrote:
The clan elder watches from afar, and sighs sadly to themselves when they see what has come to pass.
History never repeats, but dragons are always the same.
@Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @Auraelia @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya
poem shop
writing prompts
Ooo I probably won't write anything for the prompt today, but could I please be added to the pinglist?
Ooo I probably won't write anything for the prompt today, but could I please be added to the pinglist?
JXVUomh.png ~ FR + 21
~ Wishlist
~ Avatar dragon
wvz5N8O.png
[center] [quote=March 14 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]The chase is on, and the thrill is near.[/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @Auraelia @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen
March 14 2021 wrote:
The chase is on, and the thrill is near.
@Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @Auraelia @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen
poem shop
writing prompts
[center]trying something new for today's prompt! it's an excerpt of a poem i've written, hope you enjoy! [quote=March 15 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"-morning come and twilight go, petals fall and saplings grow. nature ugly nature kind, birds of a feather, flying high."[/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @Auraelia @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen
trying something new for today's prompt! it's an excerpt of a poem i've written, hope you enjoy!
March 15 2021 wrote:
"-morning come and twilight go,
petals fall and saplings grow.
nature ugly nature kind,
birds of a feather, flying high."
@Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @Auraelia @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen
poem shop
writing prompts
[center]angst feeds the soul [quote=March 16 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]Breathe. Don't forget to breathe.[/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @Auraelia @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen
angst feeds the soul
March 16 2021 wrote:
Breathe. Don't forget to breathe.
poem shop
writing prompts
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 165 166