Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [MistJam] 2019 Poetry Contest WINNERS!
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23
Melreyna continued to scratch lines and add annotations. The poetry had struck her as a marvellous opportunity to share ideas and revel in the work of many in the written craft. The theme that could potentially speak of all seasons seemed a natural fit. Just as all Flights and breeds had their merits worthy of song, so was every season worthy of appreciation. From her experience with oral practices, her usual, superlatively verbose manner of speech wasn't the most well-suited to writing poetry. So she took pains to trim where she saw opportunities and attempt to streamline the piece being worked on. Given that the Mirror had written a haiku during the mostly busy week preparing for the Jamboree, it was obviously within her abilities. Melreyna looked over her draft once again, and decided she was satisfied. The Light Mirror rolled out a fresh scroll to write up a presentable version. [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Stanzascale[b] FR Player ID#:[/b] 81 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Melreyna [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 344 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=344] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/4/344_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] The Season's POV [b]Entry Title:[/b] Ballet of the Seasons [b]Entry: [/b] The spotlight is passed to Summer Spring rests her weary limbs watching her sister nurture the budding growths she sowed in her dance Whether arid heat or furious storm the long days of Summer's dance are never dull Inviting the world to share her frenetic energy But even dear Summer has need of rest. With utmost grace Autumn accepts centre-stage Reaching out the embrace of change encouraging reflection without forgetting surprises Autumn shares fire-flowers with revelling Summer with which to paint the night as shadows come to play Though it is not her time to twirl in abundant blooms and weave her vast bouquet how can Spring resist darting by to coax fresh flowers during the others' parts Winter stands ready to wipe the slate clean and prepare the floor for the dance to begin again
Melreyna continued to scratch lines and add annotations. The poetry had struck her as a marvellous opportunity to share ideas and revel in the work of many in the written craft. The theme that could potentially speak of all seasons seemed a natural fit. Just as all Flights and breeds had their merits worthy of song, so was every season worthy of appreciation.

From her experience with oral practices, her usual, superlatively verbose manner of speech wasn't the most well-suited to writing poetry. So she took pains to trim where she saw opportunities and attempt to streamline the piece being worked on. Given that the Mirror had written a haiku during the mostly busy week preparing for the Jamboree, it was obviously within her abilities.

Melreyna looked over her draft once again, and decided she was satisfied. The Light Mirror rolled out a fresh scroll to write up a presentable version.

Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

FR Player Name: Stanzascale
FR Player ID#:
Dragon Poet's Name: Melreyna
Dragon Poet's ID#: 344
Dragon Poet Image:

344_350.png

Entry Category: The Season's POV
Entry Title: Ballet of the Seasons
Entry:

The spotlight is passed to Summer
Spring rests her weary limbs
watching her sister
nurture the budding growths
she sowed in her dance

Whether arid heat
or furious storm
the long days
of Summer's dance
are never dull
Inviting the world to share
her frenetic energy

But even dear Summer
has need of rest.
With utmost grace
Autumn accepts centre-stage

Reaching out
the embrace of change
encouraging reflection
without forgetting surprises

Autumn shares fire-flowers
with revelling Summer
with which to paint the night
as shadows come to play

Though it is not her time
to twirl in abundant blooms
and weave her vast bouquet
how can Spring resist
darting by to
coax fresh flowers
during the others' parts

Winter stands ready
to wipe the slate clean
and prepare the floor
for the dance to begin again
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@Milohilay Awesome, thanks! Wait, so are all 3 poems recorded? I don't see them on the front page with the entries category... Just making sure!
@Milohilay Awesome, thanks! Wait, so are all 3 poems recorded? I don't see them on the front page with the entries category... Just making sure!
'blue smedium banner
@Stanzascale

Abigail gently took the poem from the mirror and read down the list, nodding. "Everything here checks out," she said softly. "Don't forget your security badge, and good luck!"
@Stanzascale

Abigail gently took the poem from the mirror and read down the list, nodding. "Everything here checks out," she said softly. "Don't forget your security badge, and good luck!"
qVhWRny.png
@MarinaQuakenbush

All of your poems have been recorded! I just updated the spreadsheet. Your poems will show up on the entries once Paint edits it; only they have access to it since it is their post!
@MarinaQuakenbush

All of your poems have been recorded! I just updated the spreadsheet. Your poems will show up on the entries once Paint edits it; only they have access to it since it is their post!
qVhWRny.png
Windruffles yawns and stretches. "Woah, so many entries! I'll just grab these and write them on the scroll outside the tent now and get us caught up!"
Windruffles yawns and stretches. "Woah, so many entries! I'll just grab these and write them on the scroll outside the tent now and get us caught up!"
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Juri01 [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 111431 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Zayin [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] #40410352 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40410352] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/404104/40410352_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] A Coatl landed near the Registration and Security desk – a lute strapped tightly over his shoulder– and looked around shyly. He was accompanied by a seemingly annoyed Serthis Archivist. [b]“See?! There's nothing to be worried about! We are here; you will enter the contest and actually share all those pieces you usually only let gather dust in some corner of your place. So, be proud about it and [i]stopwhininginmyearsalready[/i], will ya’?! You’ll do just fine, Zayin! Just think about it: someone will be actually looking at your work. You can pitch it to some people you never would have met otherwise! It’s a great opportunity!”[/b] The dragon nodded – more confident now – and took a step towards Registration… only to turn around with an insecure look on its face once more. [b]“I don’t know, Crevan. It’s been so long since I last entered a writing contest. What if t—“[/b] Before Zayin could even finish the sentence, Crevan linked arms with him and dragged his shy friend towards the dragon sitting behind the nicely decorated desk. [b]“Happy Mistral Jamboree! Sorry for the commotion just know. I’d like to register [i]this one here[/i] for the contest, please!”[/b] Zayin smiled thankfully at his friend before taking over the conversation, stating his name and profession before actually handing in his first entry. [b]Entry Category:[/b] Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] gleam of hope [b]Entry: [/b] Do not blindly search for friendship, it will find you at the dead of night
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer.
Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

FR Player Name: Juri01
FR Player ID#: 111431
Dragon Poet's Name: Zayin
Dragon Poet's ID#: #40410352

Dragon Poet Image:
A Coatl landed near the Registration and Security desk – a lute strapped tightly over his shoulder– and looked around shyly. He was accompanied by a seemingly annoyed Serthis Archivist.

“See?! There's nothing to be worried about! We are here; you will enter the contest and actually share all those pieces you usually only let gather dust in some corner of your place. So, be proud about it and stopwhininginmyearsalready, will ya’?! You’ll do just fine, Zayin! Just think about it: someone will be actually looking at your work. You can pitch it to some people you never would have met otherwise! It’s a great opportunity!”

The dragon nodded – more confident now – and took a step towards Registration… only to turn around with an insecure look on its face once more. “I don’t know, Crevan. It’s been so long since I last entered a writing contest. What if t—“

Before Zayin could even finish the sentence, Crevan linked arms with him and dragged his shy friend towards the dragon sitting behind the nicely decorated desk.

“Happy Mistral Jamboree! Sorry for the commotion just know. I’d like to register this one here for the contest, please!”

Zayin smiled thankfully at his friend before taking over the conversation, stating his name and profession before actually handing in his first entry.

Entry Category: Haiku
Entry Title: gleam of hope

Entry:

Do not blindly search
for friendship, it will find you
at the dead of night
@Juri01

Judge Windriuffles sipped her cup of chai as the next Poet stepped up, or were they dragged? Oh dear, she understood the fear of sharing poetry with others. Their contest here was a good place though - everyone understood that fear.

She took the entry with a welcoming smile and checked it over. "Looks good, thank you for entering! We'll get this logged in and you can get your Security Badge over there."

@Juri01

Judge Windriuffles sipped her cup of chai as the next Poet stepped up, or were they dragged? Oh dear, she understood the fear of sharing poetry with others. Their contest here was a good place though - everyone understood that fear.

She took the entry with a welcoming smile and checked it over. "Looks good, thank you for entering! We'll get this logged in and you can get your Security Badge over there."

An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
Everything is updated to this point on the Entry List for the Security Badges, on the Entries post here in the thread, and on the Ping List. If you do not see your entry, or your name, or if anything seems amiss, please let the judges know!

Thank you everyone! Keep them coming!
Everything is updated to this point on the Entry List for the Security Badges, on the Entries post here in the thread, and on the Ping List. If you do not see your entry, or your name, or if anything seems amiss, please let the judges know!

Thank you everyone! Keep them coming!
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] MysticalScribe [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 371413 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Hogan [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 49260163 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49260163] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/492602/49260163_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] If Windsinger... [b]Entry Title:[/b] Gone again [b]Entry: [/b] All the things I could do The list goes on without end The fun crazy adventures I'd have If Windsinger were my friend No longer would boredom plague me so If windsinger spent time with me The tales, the stories, the poems he'd tell To make me laugh with glee But if I befriended this wandering god How much he would come and go? The wandering winds call him on Between lands of desert and snow Our time would end, it would not last For he is adventure-bound Across Sornieth he would fly Leaving me on the ground He would promise me, with sincerity He'd make a quick return Tales he'd bring from far off lands He'd leave with a promise of return Sadly to watch him fade away Gliding through the air Left in silence, alone once more A heart filled only with despair Would I wait for him to come Gliding towards me once more Or turn my back, and walk away From this quiet lonely shore? I would not stay, but turn away With one last lonely glance For glimmering scales, green and bright Or a whiff of wind, by chance It's over at last, a shortened time I would watch it come to an end How long would I wait, for his return If Windsinger were my friend? Goodbye
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer.
Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

FR Player Name: MysticalScribe
FR Player ID#: 371413
Dragon Poet's Name: Hogan
Dragon Poet's ID#: 49260163

Dragon Poet Image:

49260163_350.png

Entry Category: If Windsinger...
Entry Title: Gone again

Entry:
All the things I could do
The list goes on without end
The fun crazy adventures I'd have
If Windsinger were my friend

No longer would boredom plague me so
If windsinger spent time with me
The tales, the stories, the poems he'd tell
To make me laugh with glee

But if I befriended this wandering god
How much he would come and go?
The wandering winds call him on
Between lands of desert and snow

Our time would end, it would not last
For he is adventure-bound
Across Sornieth he would fly
Leaving me on the ground

He would promise me, with sincerity
He'd make a quick return
Tales he'd bring from far off lands
He'd leave with a promise of return

Sadly to watch him fade away
Gliding through the air
Left in silence, alone once more
A heart filled only with despair

Would I wait for him to come
Gliding towards me once more
Or turn my back, and walk away
From this quiet lonely shore?

I would not stay, but turn away
With one last lonely glance
For glimmering scales, green and bright
Or a whiff of wind, by chance

It's over at last, a shortened time
I would watch it come to an end
How long would I wait, for his return
If Windsinger were my friend?

Goodbye
arcanesparkle.gifBasically Redoing my Clan's Lore- for the third time.arcanesparkle.gif
@MysticalScribe

Judge Abigail moved over to one of the table legs, wrapping herself around it, and tapping her tail against the table to keep her occupied. Taking the poem from the spiral, she nodded as she made sure it achieved all of the requirements. "You're free to go! Don't forget your security badge."
@MysticalScribe

Judge Abigail moved over to one of the table legs, wrapping herself around it, and tapping her tail against the table to keep her occupied. Taking the poem from the spiral, she nodded as she made sure it achieved all of the requirements. "You're free to go! Don't forget your security badge."
qVhWRny.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23