Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [MistJam] 2019 Poetry Contest WINNERS!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 23
@Stanzascale

Sequoia gently took the Mirror's poem, before reading it over, making sure it fit the rules, before registering the haiku, scrawling it down on a paper with neat handwriting.
The Skydancer looked up and smiled, glasses glinting in the light.

"Your poem meets all of its requirements, congrats! Feel free to add it to your security badge as well as create more poems, and have a happy Mistral Jamboree!"
@Stanzascale

Sequoia gently took the Mirror's poem, before reading it over, making sure it fit the rules, before registering the haiku, scrawling it down on a paper with neat handwriting.
The Skydancer looked up and smiled, glasses glinting in the light.

"Your poem meets all of its requirements, congrats! Feel free to add it to your security badge as well as create more poems, and have a happy Mistral Jamboree!"
They/Them
Feel Free to Ping!
Wishlist
Selling
Milo's Thrift Shop
Show Me Dragons!
1606_400px_milohilay_by_miirshroom-dcgb7sz.png
@Oranitha

Plenty of time, Mist Jam has barely begun?

And the Rules state:
Quote:
9. Once posted in this thread, no changes will be allowed, UNLESS you ping @Paintminion and indicate you are changing your entry. Some initial judging will be done before the deadline.
10. New Entry, New Post. Don't use older posts. Entries are listed in the order posted.

This was all put in place because of the way they are being listed and judged, in post order so we can find them and track where we are at in the judging list. It was iuntended that any changes after entry is submitted be brought to our attention, not ever had to deal with ones posted but not entered before.

You didn't ping me, but we ARE subscribed to the thread, so I'm here to handle this.

This requires special tracking now until you are done, and I can't let the judges at it, so I cannot list it. We are now relying on my brain to remember to go back in the thread and check on it, and that is a risk, let me tell you, HA!

I will add you once you tell me you are actually posted.

So for now, I cannot list this in the accepted entries. Please be sure to ping or message me when you are actually entering.

Judges, @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow, please just ignore this one for now. Nothing to see here, move along. Windsinger playing tricks in the wind. I will grab you to judge this one once it's ready.
@Oranitha

Plenty of time, Mist Jam has barely begun?

And the Rules state:
Quote:
9. Once posted in this thread, no changes will be allowed, UNLESS you ping @Paintminion and indicate you are changing your entry. Some initial judging will be done before the deadline.
10. New Entry, New Post. Don't use older posts. Entries are listed in the order posted.

This was all put in place because of the way they are being listed and judged, in post order so we can find them and track where we are at in the judging list. It was iuntended that any changes after entry is submitted be brought to our attention, not ever had to deal with ones posted but not entered before.

You didn't ping me, but we ARE subscribed to the thread, so I'm here to handle this.

This requires special tracking now until you are done, and I can't let the judges at it, so I cannot list it. We are now relying on my brain to remember to go back in the thread and check on it, and that is a risk, let me tell you, HA!

I will add you once you tell me you are actually posted.

So for now, I cannot list this in the accepted entries. Please be sure to ping or message me when you are actually entering.

Judges, @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow, please just ignore this one for now. Nothing to see here, move along. Windsinger playing tricks in the wind. I will grab you to judge this one once it's ready.
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
@Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

I do not see Stanzascale listed on the Master Entry list? List first, then post! Working on updating now. ALso guys, watch those links - some were not the links to their entries. The security badge doesn't work well without the proper links put in! IF you need to know more about that let me know.
@Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

I do not see Stanzascale listed on the Master Entry list? List first, then post! Working on updating now. ALso guys, watch those links - some were not the links to their entries. The security badge doesn't work well without the proper links put in! IF you need to know more about that let me know.
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
@Cheshly

Judge Windruffles squints at the scroll of your entry. "Where's the title? I cannot accept this entry without a title!" The tundra handed the scroll back with a worried look.

You have not listed a title to your poem. All entries must have a title. Please correct as soon as possible.
@Cheshly

Judge Windruffles squints at the scroll of your entry. "Where's the title? I cannot accept this entry without a title!" The tundra handed the scroll back with a worried look.

You have not listed a title to your poem. All entries must have a title. Please correct as soon as possible.
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] tigressRising [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 169234 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Bonfire [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 16086228 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16086228] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/160863/16086228_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] Friends, Joy, and Sorrow [b]Entry: [/b] Through the heights of joy And the depths of pure sorrow Friends are there for you.
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer.
Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

FR Player Name: tigressRising
FR Player ID#: 169234
Dragon Poet's Name: Bonfire
Dragon Poet's ID#: 16086228

Dragon Poet Image:

16086228_350.png

Entry Category: Haiku
Entry Title: Friends, Joy, and Sorrow

Entry:
Through the heights of joy
And the depths of pure sorrow
Friends are there for you.
Na5WGHa.png
[font=candara][i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Sylphiette [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 4275 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Selena [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 12377080 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12377080] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/123771/12377080_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Autumn & Spring [b]Entry Title:[/b] Equinox, an Irregular Ode [b]Entry: [/b] The softness of a season's change are reflected in my eyes as leaves fall or flowers bloom under sunkissed skies. So unlike in their execution, with no other on par: the welcome warmth of springtime sun after a wall of winter where even the hardiest creature hides away until the snow melts so far until vibrant grass grows and flowers ascent to full size. The crisp of autumnal air by far soothes my chilled throat as much as hot cider and all the colors - the reds, greens, oranges, yellows - that reprise their roles each year and even from afar they steal my breath away. Above all, there is far too much of each season to simply surmise.

FR Player Name: Sylphiette
FR Player ID#: 4275

Dragon Poet's Name: Selena
Dragon Poet's ID#: 12377080
Dragon Poet Image:
12377080_350.png

Entry Category: Autumn & Spring
Entry Title: Equinox, an Irregular Ode

Entry:
The softness of a season's change are
reflected in my eyes as leaves fall
or flowers bloom under sunkissed skies.
So unlike in their execution, with no other on par:
the welcome warmth of springtime sun after a wall
of winter where even the hardiest creature hides
away until the snow melts so far
until vibrant grass grows and flowers ascent to full size.
The crisp of autumnal air by far
soothes my chilled throat as much as hot cider and all
the colors - the reds, greens, oranges, yellows - that reprise
their roles each year and even from afar
they steal my breath away. Above all,
there is far too much of each season to simply surmise.
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
@tigressRising
Abigail took the haiku from the large Imperial, secretly intimidated by his height but trying her best not to let it show. Checking down her list, she gave a small nod. "You're all set. Don't forget to pick up your security badge if you would like and um good luck," she said softly, and she hopped that he had heard her. As he flew away, Abigail called "Next entrant, I can help you here!" in a slightly louder voice.

@Sylphiette
Again checking down her list, Abigail gave another nod, curling herself around her chair instead of the table leg as she spoke, again feeling the urge to move, "You're all set; everything checks out. You can add this to your security badge."
@tigressRising
Abigail took the haiku from the large Imperial, secretly intimidated by his height but trying her best not to let it show. Checking down her list, she gave a small nod. "You're all set. Don't forget to pick up your security badge if you would like and um good luck," she said softly, and she hopped that he had heard her. As he flew away, Abigail called "Next entrant, I can help you here!" in a slightly louder voice.

@Sylphiette
Again checking down her list, Abigail gave another nod, curling herself around her chair instead of the table leg as she spoke, again feeling the urge to move, "You're all set; everything checks out. You can add this to your security badge."
qVhWRny.png
@Paintminion Yes sorry, that was my bad ^^

I was trying to add them to the list but every time I put their info in the rest of the names would disappear? Is this a normal thing or am I doing something wrong?
@Paintminion Yes sorry, that was my bad ^^

I was trying to add them to the list but every time I put their info in the rest of the names would disappear? Is this a normal thing or am I doing something wrong?
They/Them
Feel Free to Ping!
Wishlist
Selling
Milo's Thrift Shop
Show Me Dragons!
1606_400px_milohilay_by_miirshroom-dcgb7sz.png
@Milohilay

That's would be because you have to add them to the list on the Security Badge Widget - not our private doc. The private doc is getting the data from the other list. :-)
@Milohilay

That's would be because you have to add them to the list on the Security Badge Widget - not our private doc. The private doc is getting the data from the other list. :-)
A rather large and soft looking tundra slowly meanders toward the poetry tent. Baldur lazily gazes at the kites and leaves that swirl above the festivities. He sniffs is the air, from one direction the fresh pollen of spring, the other the sweet decadence of fall. The gilded tundra becomes so wrapped up in the sights and smells he almost doesn't quite seem to notice when he bumps right into the poetry contest registration booth. "Oh, ah...ha! I'm here to submit some poetry..." He holds out a small battered envelope in his hands, it looks like it has grass stains on it, "The first of a few!" He grins proudly. [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Clandestino [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 330825 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Baldur [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 49605663 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49605663] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/496057/49605663_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Friendship Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] Cartwheels in the Meadow [b]Entry: [/b] Toes in dewy grass Hands lifted into the clouds Your laugh sounds like home
A rather large and soft looking tundra slowly meanders toward the poetry tent. Baldur lazily gazes at the kites and leaves that swirl above the festivities. He sniffs is the air, from one direction the fresh pollen of spring, the other the sweet decadence of fall. The gilded tundra becomes so wrapped up in the sights and smells he almost doesn't quite seem to notice when he bumps right into the poetry contest registration booth.
"Oh, ah...ha! I'm here to submit some poetry..." He holds out a small battered envelope in his hands, it looks like it has grass stains on it, "The first of a few!" He grins proudly.

FR Player Name: Clandestino
FR Player ID#: 330825
Dragon Poet's Name: Baldur
Dragon Poet's ID#: 49605663

Dragon Poet Image:

49605663_350.png

Entry Category: Friendship Haiku
Entry Title: Cartwheels in the Meadow

Entry:
Toes in dewy grass
Hands lifted into the clouds
Your laugh sounds like home
df49450f-bfcd-11ea-95ce-9fded28effc3.gif6562f9dc-8e67-11e9-92c4-7feca4cd7373.gif
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 23