Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [MistJam] 2019 Poetry Contest WINNERS!
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22 23
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] tigressRising [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 169234 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Bonfire [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 16086228 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16086228] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/160863/16086228_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Autumn and Spring [b]Entry Title:[/b] Equinox [b]Entry: [/b] With sunlight filtered through fiery autumn leaves And spring's verdant buds, The scent of pumpkin spice achieves The same nostalgia sakura perfume does. Opposing beauties I do perceive; Yet these seasons hold equal art. Running warm and cold, Colors red, green, and gold, Both spring and autumn hold my heart.
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer.
Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

FR Player Name: tigressRising
FR Player ID#: 169234
Dragon Poet's Name: Bonfire
Dragon Poet's ID#: 16086228

Dragon Poet Image:

16086228_350.png

Entry Category: Autumn and Spring
Entry Title: Equinox

Entry:
With sunlight filtered through fiery autumn leaves
And spring's verdant buds,
The scent of pumpkin spice achieves
The same nostalgia sakura perfume does.
Opposing beauties I do perceive;
Yet these seasons hold equal art.
Running warm and cold,
Colors red, green, and gold,
Both spring and autumn hold my heart.
Na5WGHa.png
Working on a couple more, we'll see how that goes but for now... [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] sockmonkeygerald [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 266129 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Barnaby [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 33985374 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33985374] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=162&bodygene=5&breed=9&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=138&tertgene=6&winggene=11&wings=54&auth=4e8924e833737c475ebaab64a8e98f75c055d52c&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] (Written long ago in the unstoried youth of a now-retired adventurer and member of an eclectic wind clan) [b]Entry Category:[/b] If Windsinger... [b]Entry Title:[/b] Save the Turtles [b]Entry: [/b] If Windsinger were my friend, I would ride on his head and he would soar in the sky and we would [u]fly[/u]. We would take baths in rainclouds and nap on fluffy clouds and spinspinspin round Windsinger's twisty cloud. We would fly to the moon and draw pictures on it that everyone would see when they looked up at night. And we would dive in the sea in a giant air bubble and make faces at the sea monsters in their headlamps. We would help all the baby turtles on the beach make it to the ocean without getting eaten. And play kings of a desert island and dig up buried treasure and sail a pirate ship to countries no one ever saw before (except the dragons who live there). We would climb to the very top of the world and come back by sliding down a rainbow to the festival where we would get our faces painted with Earthshaker and tell him about everything that had happened. We would lead the kite dance because Windsinger would be the kite and I would be under his chin and steer him through the crowd and we would dance all night under the glowing lanterns until we had to go home in time for dinner. We would go to bed where Windsinger would curl up in my burrow and I would sleep on his head and we would whisper stories. And then we would get up in the morning and do everything again, if Windsinger were my friend. [b]FR Player Name:[/b] sockmonkeygerald [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 266129 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Poe [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 35784383 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35784383] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/357844/35784383_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] Always With You [b]Entry: [/b] Sometimes I forget among my friends, to count me and like myself too.
Working on a couple more, we'll see how that goes but for now...

FR Player Name: sockmonkeygerald
FR Player ID#: 266129
Dragon Poet's Name: Barnaby
Dragon Poet's ID#: 33985374

Dragon Poet Image:

dragon?age=0&body=162&bodygene=5&breed=9&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=138&tertgene=6&winggene=11&wings=54&auth=4e8924e833737c475ebaab64a8e98f75c055d52c&dummyext=prev.png

(Written long ago in the unstoried youth of a now-retired adventurer and member of an eclectic wind clan)

Entry Category: If Windsinger...
Entry Title: Save the Turtles

Entry:

If Windsinger were my friend, I would ride on his head
and he would soar in the sky and we would fly.
We would take baths in rainclouds and nap on fluffy clouds
and spinspinspin round Windsinger's twisty cloud.

We would fly to the moon and draw pictures on it
that everyone would see when they looked up at night.
And we would dive in the sea in a giant air bubble
and make faces at the sea monsters in their headlamps.

We would help all the baby turtles on the beach
make it to the ocean without getting eaten.
And play kings of a desert island and dig up buried treasure
and sail a pirate ship to countries no one ever saw before
(except the dragons who live there).

We would climb to the very top of the world
and come back by sliding down a rainbow to the festival
where we would get our faces painted with Earthshaker
and tell him about everything that had happened.

We would lead the kite dance because Windsinger would be the kite
and I would be under his chin and steer him through the crowd
and we would dance all night under the glowing lanterns
until we had to go home in time for dinner.

We would go to bed where Windsinger would curl up in my burrow
and I would sleep on his head and we would whisper stories.
And then we would get up in the morning and do everything again,
if Windsinger were my friend.

FR Player Name: sockmonkeygerald
FR Player ID#: 266129
Dragon Poet's Name: Poe
Dragon Poet's ID#: 35784383

Dragon Poet Image:

35784383_350.png

Entry Category: Haiku
Entry Title: Always With You

Entry:

Sometimes I forget
among my friends, to count me
and like myself too.
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Jamesfitz3 [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 450480 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Sperry [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 50073626 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50073626] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/500737/50073626_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Friendship Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] PB&JAM [b]Entry: [/b] What is a true friend? I have a simple answer: Someone to jam with. [item= plainstrider bard]

FR Player Name: Jamesfitz3
FR Player ID#: 450480
Dragon Poet's Name: Sperry
Dragon Poet's ID#: 50073626

Dragon Poet Image:

50073626_350.png

Entry Category: Friendship Haiku
Entry Title: PB&JAM

Entry:
What is a true friend?
I have a simple answer:
Someone to jam with.

Plainstrider Bard
1.png
Judge Windruffles enjoyed the sunrise with her cup of chai, but with a sigh, she knew it was her time to be at the registration desk for the poetry contest. But that sunrise....and her first Poet looked like the sunrise himself! @tigressRising "You're all set, enjoy the Festival!"

Next up were a young snapper and a Fae, both seeming shy, but Windruffles put them at ease. @sockmonkeygerald "Both of you are all good to go! Thank you for entering the contest, and good luck with these entries! Don't forget your badge, and enjoy the Festival!"

An imposing snapper stepped up and handed her his entry. She checked it over carefully and smiled as she read the haiku. @Jamesfitz3 "Looks like all is well, I'll just add this to the lists and you're all set! Enjoy the Festival and don't forget your badge!

All entries are updated everywhere to this point.

Judge Windruffles enjoyed the sunrise with her cup of chai, but with a sigh, she knew it was her time to be at the registration desk for the poetry contest. But that sunrise....and her first Poet looked like the sunrise himself! @tigressRising "You're all set, enjoy the Festival!"

Next up were a young snapper and a Fae, both seeming shy, but Windruffles put them at ease. @sockmonkeygerald "Both of you are all good to go! Thank you for entering the contest, and good luck with these entries! Don't forget your badge, and enjoy the Festival!"

An imposing snapper stepped up and handed her his entry. She checked it over carefully and smiled as she read the haiku. @Jamesfitz3 "Looks like all is well, I'll just add this to the lists and you're all set! Enjoy the Festival and don't forget your badge!

All entries are updated everywhere to this point.

An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
Might do another entry later, but here’s one for now :D [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] NeekoNeekoNii [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 234286 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Valen [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 23653875 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23653875] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/236539/23653875_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Anything Goes [b]Entry Title:[/b] Regret [b]Entry: [/b] A music box on a windowsill, Tiny tin dancer long gone still, Stolen wires and rusted gears Lost to the march of the passing years. Still I wait, beside the glass, Waiting as the years march past Waiting as the embers burn Waiting for the gears to turn.
Might do another entry later, but here’s one for now :D

FR Player Name: NeekoNeekoNii
FR Player ID#: 234286
Dragon Poet's Name: Valen
Dragon Poet's ID#: 23653875

Dragon Poet Image:

23653875_350.png

Entry Category: Anything Goes
Entry Title: Regret

Entry:
A music box on a windowsill,
Tiny tin dancer long gone still,
Stolen wires and rusted gears
Lost to the march of the passing years.

Still I wait, beside the glass,
Waiting as the years march past
Waiting as the embers burn
Waiting for the gears to turn.
a8byJKr.gif
@NeekoNeekoNii

Judge Sequoia pokes her nose up from the book she had been reading, smiling at the sound of the bell. She set her book down and nodded at the poet, looking over their poem to make sure it fit all of the necessary requirements before marking it down.

"You're good to go, poet! Please, enjoy the festival, and don't forget your security badge!"
@NeekoNeekoNii

Judge Sequoia pokes her nose up from the book she had been reading, smiling at the sound of the bell. She set her book down and nodded at the poet, looking over their poem to make sure it fit all of the necessary requirements before marking it down.

"You're good to go, poet! Please, enjoy the festival, and don't forget your security badge!"
They/Them
Feel Free to Ping!
Wishlist
Selling
Milo's Thrift Shop
Show Me Dragons!
1606_400px_milohilay_by_miirshroom-dcgb7sz.png
Onibi rushed to the desk, a bit frazzled. "Oh good, I'm not too late!" he wheezed. He had been working on this poem for the past two days, and really had wanted to turn it in before the end of the day... And he just made it! Now to get working on the other ones! He felt anxious, true, but this also gave his poetic creativity a fever he had never felt before! And to see so many other dragons feeling the same... This event was truly exhilarating! [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] AlchemyFox [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 452671 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Onibi [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 49989700 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49989700] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/499898/49989700_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category: [/b] Season POV [b]Entry Title: [/b] The Seasons Fantastical [b]Entry: [/b] Over hill and over dale, past the fields hearty and hale, down the roads and up the streams, through the sun- and moon-beams... The path is a long one, and hard to be sure, but if your heart is stout and your motives pure, You will find it! Yes, it's true! Between, betwixt, and breezing through! The place where The Seasons rendezvous! First, the oldest and ageless, calm and quiet, still and silent... Winter, The Unicorn. The purest alabaster, from shining horn-tip to lion's tail, and her small cloven feet forming ice in her trail. Her breath forms a mist that chills to the bone, and when she shakes her mane, a blizzard is blown. She is pure, untouchable, yet oh-so-compelling, Her eyes fathomless, yet filled with fortunetelling. She gazes at the world, mute and alone, sorrowful in the knowledge that her beauty is your tombstone. Second, the bountiful and merry, colorful and clamorous, luminous and glamorous, Autumn, The Griffin. Shades of amber, bronze, crimson, and gold, his fur and his plumage a wonder to behold. He lets out a shout as he takes to the skies, the joy of life and of living is heard in his cries. The birds start to follow, with each beat of his wings, and the beasts start to gather all the season brings. His Season marks ending, he knows this is true... But he won't let an ending be all he lives up to! Third, the powerful and fierce, wild and blazing, free and amazing, Summer, The Dragon. Her fire is obvious in the burning of her eyes, in the shimmer off her scales, and in all that she implies. Everyone she meets is held in her thrall, from the first break of dawn to long past nightfall. For as intense as she seems, she always brings joy, for her heat and her fire are not meant to destroy. All she wants is for all to live an adventurous life, free from their troubles, their heartbreak and strife. Forth, the youngest always, renewed and restored, cherished and adored, Spring, The Phoenix. When his egg hatches, he bursts out with song, he and the world have been dead for too long. He first stirs the hope that lays in our heart, then wakes the flora and fauna in counterpart. His colors ethereal, and his voice sublime, his eyes full of wonder, yet ancient with time. He sings of destruction, the old one to mourn, he sings of creation, the new one reborn! Over hill and over dale, past the fields hearty and hale, down the roads and up the streams, through the sun- and moon-beams... The Seasons have journeyed, long and far, through lands touched by every star. In this place, they might rest, a sacred place that's truly blessed. Between, betwixt, their travels through, where The Seasons rendezvous.
Onibi rushed to the desk, a bit frazzled. "Oh good, I'm not too late!" he wheezed. He had been working on this poem for the past two days, and really had wanted to turn it in before the end of the day... And he just made it! Now to get working on the other ones! He felt anxious, true, but this also gave his poetic creativity a fever he had never felt before! And to see so many other dragons feeling the same... This event was truly exhilarating!

FR Player Name: AlchemyFox
FR Player ID#: 452671
Dragon Poet's Name: Onibi
Dragon Poet's ID#: 49989700

Dragon Poet Image:

49989700_350.png

Entry Category: Season POV
Entry Title: The Seasons Fantastical

Entry:
Over hill and over dale,
past the fields hearty and hale,
down the roads and up the streams,
through the sun- and moon-beams...
The path is a long one, and hard to be sure,
but if your heart is stout and your motives pure,
You will find it!
Yes, it's true!
Between, betwixt, and breezing through!
The place where The Seasons rendezvous!

First, the oldest and ageless, calm and quiet, still and silent...
Winter, The Unicorn.
The purest alabaster, from shining horn-tip to lion's tail,
and her small cloven feet forming ice in her trail.
Her breath forms a mist that chills to the bone,
and when she shakes her mane, a blizzard is blown.
She is pure, untouchable, yet oh-so-compelling,
Her eyes fathomless, yet filled with fortunetelling.
She gazes at the world, mute and alone,
sorrowful in the knowledge that her beauty is your tombstone.

Second, the bountiful and merry, colorful and clamorous, luminous and glamorous,
Autumn, The Griffin.
Shades of amber, bronze, crimson, and gold,
his fur and his plumage a wonder to behold.
He lets out a shout as he takes to the skies,
the joy of life and of living is heard in his cries.
The birds start to follow, with each beat of his wings,
and the beasts start to gather all the season brings.
His Season marks ending, he knows this is true...
But he won't let an ending be all he lives up to!

Third, the powerful and fierce, wild and blazing, free and amazing,
Summer, The Dragon.
Her fire is obvious in the burning of her eyes,
in the shimmer off her scales, and in all that she implies.
Everyone she meets is held in her thrall,
from the first break of dawn to long past nightfall.
For as intense as she seems, she always brings joy,
for her heat and her fire are not meant to destroy.
All she wants is for all to live an adventurous life,
free from their troubles, their heartbreak and strife.

Forth, the youngest always, renewed and restored, cherished and adored,
Spring, The Phoenix.
When his egg hatches, he bursts out with song,
he and the world have been dead for too long.
He first stirs the hope that lays in our heart,
then wakes the flora and fauna in counterpart.
His colors ethereal, and his voice sublime,
his eyes full of wonder, yet ancient with time.
He sings of destruction, the old one to mourn,
he sings of creation, the new one reborn!

Over hill and over dale,
past the fields hearty and hale,
down the roads and up the streams,
through the sun- and moon-beams...
The Seasons have journeyed, long and far,
through lands touched by every star.
In this place, they might rest,
a sacred place that's truly blessed.
Between, betwixt, their travels through,
where The Seasons rendezvous.
tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o2_100.png 63Nkadh.pngtumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.giflqgXN8M.png
@AlchemyFox

Sequoia smiles at the other Skydancer, logging their poem down and making sure it fits all of the requirements. She gently smiled at the poet and nodded her head.
"Looks like you are all set! Have a happy festival and a happy Mistral Jamboree!"
@AlchemyFox

Sequoia smiles at the other Skydancer, logging their poem down and making sure it fits all of the requirements. She gently smiled at the poet and nodded her head.
"Looks like you are all set! Have a happy festival and a happy Mistral Jamboree!"
They/Them
Feel Free to Ping!
Wishlist
Selling
Milo's Thrift Shop
Show Me Dragons!
1606_400px_milohilay_by_miirshroom-dcgb7sz.png
[font=candara][i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Sylphiette [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 4275 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Selena [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 12377080 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12377080] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/123771/12377080_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] The Season's POV [b]Entry Title:[/b] Autumn & Spring, a Lover's Haiku [b]Entry: [/b] separate soulmates life, sleep, reach toward each other together at last [b]note: edit was for spelling, sorry![/b]
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow
FR Player Name: Sylphiette
FR Player ID#: 4275

Dragon Poet's Name: Selena
Dragon Poet's ID#: 12377080
Dragon Poet Image:
12377080_350.png

Entry Category: The Season's POV
Entry Title: Autumn & Spring, a Lover's Haiku
Entry:

separate soulmates
life, sleep, reach toward each other
together at last

note: edit was for spelling, sorry!
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
[font=candara][i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Sylphiette [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 4275 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Selena [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 12377080 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12377080] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/123771/12377080_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] If Windsinger... [b]Entry Title:[/b] Dreaming [b]Entry: [/b] [i]If Windsinger were my friend[/i] imagine the adventures we would have soaring across endless skies into the never-ending expanse of the atmosphere finally free from all the tethers and bolts that bind me in a haze of anxious stress and worry, holding me back from living as the wind-born entity I know that I am, dwelling beneath the skin bursting from my own physical form and releasing as a burst of... a warm touch, a pleasant caress, happiness on the breeze. [b]edit for coding >> my apologies again[/b]
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow
FR Player Name: Sylphiette
FR Player ID#: 4275

Dragon Poet's Name: Selena
Dragon Poet's ID#: 12377080
Dragon Poet Image:
12377080_350.png

Entry Category: If Windsinger...
Entry Title: Dreaming
Entry:

If Windsinger were my friend
imagine the adventures we would have
soaring across endless skies
into the never-ending expanse of the atmosphere
finally free from all the tethers and bolts that bind me
in a haze of anxious stress and worry,
holding me back from living as the wind-born entity
I know that I am, dwelling beneath the skin
bursting from my own physical form
and releasing as a burst of...
a warm touch, a pleasant caress,
happiness on the breeze.

edit for coding >> my apologies again
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22 23