Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [MistJam] 2019 Poetry Contest WINNERS!
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22 23
@Clandestino

Abigail curls herself tighter around the chair, startled. "I-it's quite alright! I'll just check to make sure it meets all the requirements," she said, taking it out of the envelope. "hmm, it looks like you're missing a syllable in the second line for it to be a proper haiku. Could you add a syllable please? Then we can take it back and it can be counted." She smiled warmly at him.

Your second line is missing a syllable. Haikus follow a 5/7/5 syllable format and your second line has only six. Please correct this as soon as possible.
@Clandestino

Abigail curls herself tighter around the chair, startled. "I-it's quite alright! I'll just check to make sure it meets all the requirements," she said, taking it out of the envelope. "hmm, it looks like you're missing a syllable in the second line for it to be a proper haiku. Could you add a syllable please? Then we can take it back and it can be counted." She smiled warmly at him.

Your second line is missing a syllable. Haikus follow a 5/7/5 syllable format and your second line has only six. Please correct this as soon as possible.
qVhWRny.png
@BrookInTheMeadow

Baldur quickly removes a bit of charcoal from behind his ear and quickly scribbles onto the paper.

"Whoops! I think I got ahead of myself. Thank you for the spot!"

(Sorry!! I edited and fixed it!)
@BrookInTheMeadow

Baldur quickly removes a bit of charcoal from behind his ear and quickly scribbles onto the paper.

"Whoops! I think I got ahead of myself. Thank you for the spot!"

(Sorry!! I edited and fixed it!)
df49450f-bfcd-11ea-95ce-9fded28effc3.gif6562f9dc-8e67-11e9-92c4-7feca4cd7373.gif
@Clandestino

Abgiail grinned and nodded, reading it over again. "No worries," she said softly. "Everything else checks out! Don't forget your security badge and good luck."

(Noted! :3)
@Clandestino

Abgiail grinned and nodded, reading it over again. "No worries," she said softly. "Everything else checks out! Don't forget your security badge and good luck."

(Noted! :3)
qVhWRny.png
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] 7diamonds [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 440588 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Niall [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 48837241 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48837241] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/488373/48837241_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Autumn and Spring [b]Entry Title:[/b] Sunsonnet [b]Entry: [/b] On breeze that seems to shimmer in the air: A tide composed of swirling yellow dust. The sun’s bright morning warmth no longer rare, This year starts with this dawn, as all years must. Across, the leaves play as your pollen does. The sky grows soft. The sun runs to the west. There, warmth comes to an end, from “is” to “was”, So daytime can give way to blissful rest. These seasons seem as one through equinox, Opposed and similar. Two hemispheres Can juxtapose, create a paradox, Equating at equator, there and here. Not science, not dimension - such is time. Our ends and starts are felt with heart, not mind.
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer.
Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

FR Player Name: 7diamonds
FR Player ID#: 440588
Dragon Poet's Name: Niall
Dragon Poet's ID#: 48837241

Dragon Poet Image:

48837241_350.png

Entry Category: Autumn and Spring
Entry Title: Sunsonnet

Entry:
On breeze that seems to shimmer in the air:
A tide composed of swirling yellow dust.
The sun’s bright morning warmth no longer rare,
This year starts with this dawn, as all years must.

Across, the leaves play as your pollen does.
The sky grows soft. The sun runs to the west.
There, warmth comes to an end, from “is” to “was”,
So daytime can give way to blissful rest.

These seasons seem as one through equinox,
Opposed and similar. Two hemispheres
Can juxtapose, create a paradox,
Equating at equator, there and here.

Not science, not dimension - such is time.
Our ends and starts are felt with heart, not mind.
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] MarinaQuakenbush [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 328338 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Duncan [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 34523912 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34523912] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/345240/34523912_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Friendship Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] The Heart of the Woods [b]Entry: [/b] Like the falling leaf, Your memory burns brightly Rest easy, dear friend
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

FR Player Name: MarinaQuakenbush
FR Player ID#: 328338
Dragon Poet's Name: Duncan
Dragon Poet's ID#: 34523912
Dragon Poet Image:

34523912_350.png

Entry Category: Friendship Haiku

Entry Title: The Heart of the Woods

Entry:

Like the falling leaf,
Your memory burns brightly
Rest easy, dear friend
'blue smedium banner
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] The edit from the last post was me realizing that 'friend' had only 1 syllable and not 2, so I had to change it. This poem I wrote a long time ago and never shared, but I thought it would be appropriate for the friendship theme. The dragon poet I'm using this time is younger to reflect the poem's style better. [b]FR Player Name:[/b] MarinaQuakenbush [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 328338 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Emiko [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 43430513 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43430513] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/434306/43430513_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Anything Goes [b]Entry Title:[/b] Forgiveness [b]Entry: [/b] And then you blurted out “I’m sorry.” I stopped in my tracks And stood very still. Even the trees ceased their whispering, To listen. You didn’t say anything else, For what more was there to say? Time slowed to a halt. The crash of silence was deafening. A flood of memories came back And I remembered What you did, The damage you caused. Frantically I searched your eyes, Boring into your soul For even a trace of insincerity, But I found none. You were honest, And I know what you wanted from me Except I couldn’t forgive you yet, Some wounds run too deep That only time can heal. But you meant it, And that was all that mattered.
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

The edit from the last post was me realizing that 'friend' had only 1 syllable and not 2, so I had to change it. This poem I wrote a long time ago and never shared, but I thought it would be appropriate for the friendship theme. The dragon poet I'm using this time is younger to reflect the poem's style better.

Dragon Poet's Name: Emiko
Dragon Poet's ID#: 43430513
Dragon Poet Image:

43430513_350.png

Entry Category: Anything Goes

Entry Title: Forgiveness

Entry:

And then you blurted out
“I’m sorry.”
I stopped in my tracks
And stood very still.
Even the trees ceased their whispering,
To listen.

You didn’t say anything else,
For what more was there to say?
Time slowed to a halt.
The crash of silence was deafening.

A flood of memories came back
And I remembered
What you did,
The damage you caused.

Frantically I searched your eyes,
Boring into your soul
For even a trace of insincerity,
But I found none.

You were honest,
And I know what you wanted from me
Except I couldn’t forgive you yet,
Some wounds run too deep
That only time can heal.
But you meant it,
And that was all that mattered.
'blue smedium banner
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow[/i] This is a poem I wrote when I realised how long I'd had my plushie Patch for and just how important plushies in general are for some people :) [b]Also I edited this because I noticed some formatting errors I made @Paintminion sorry for the double ping[/b] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Skydust [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 309201 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Patch [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 45212494 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45212494] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/452125/45212494_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Anything Goes [b]Entry Title:[/b] Ode to Soft Toys [b]Entry: [/b] A silent watcher, carefully poised A source of comfort for young girls and boys And those of us still young at heart Who cannot bear to tear apart Our childhood memories, rife with noise Games and merriment and our soft toys. Our protectors who, in the dead of night Fought hard against a world of fright Made of monsters, critters and creeps galore Which hid behind your bedroom door In your wardrobe too, and under the bed Without old Teddy you would sooner be dead. Those bright brown eyes and soft white paws Covered your face from teeth and claws Those rounded ears and tiny nose Alert to all your sobbing woes Nuzzled you gently as you fell asleep Your Nightmares a secret for them to keep. So thank them now, hold them close and smell That wonderful scent you know so well Give them love, repair them, and you will see That their kinship lasts for eternity.
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer.
Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

This is a poem I wrote when I realised how long I'd had my plushie Patch for and just how important plushies in general are for some people :)

Also I edited this because I noticed some formatting errors I made @Paintminion sorry for the double ping

FR Player Name: Skydust
FR Player ID#: 309201
Dragon Poet's Name: Patch
Dragon Poet's ID#: 45212494

Dragon Poet Image:

45212494_350.png

Entry Category: Anything Goes
Entry Title: Ode to Soft Toys

Entry:
A silent watcher, carefully poised
A source of comfort for young girls and boys
And those of us still young at heart
Who cannot bear to tear apart
Our childhood memories, rife with noise
Games and merriment and our soft toys.

Our protectors who, in the dead of night
Fought hard against a world of fright
Made of monsters, critters and creeps galore
Which hid behind your bedroom door
In your wardrobe too, and under the bed
Without old Teddy you would sooner be dead.

Those bright brown eyes and soft white paws
Covered your face from teeth and claws
Those rounded ears and tiny nose
Alert to all your sobbing woes
Nuzzled you gently as you fell asleep
Your Nightmares a secret for them to keep.

So thank them now, hold them close and smell
That wonderful scent you know so well
Give them love, repair them, and you will see
That their kinship lasts for eternity.

[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] Hmm never written an ode before... trying out Keats' ABABCDECDE structure. Notes: Locks as in locks of hair, snowdrops are a type of flower that's usually the first sign of spring in my area as they pop up with snow still on the ground, shrikes are a type of bird. [b]FR Player Name:[/b] MarinaQuakenbush [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 328338 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Kafka [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 36442081 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36442081] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/364421/36442081_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Autumn and Spring [b]Entry Title:[/b] Ode to the Phoenix Seasons [b]Entry: [/b] The winter's chill I could forsake The salty slush, breath-frosted locks. Scanning signs for Spring to wake, Her triumphant buds and soft snowdrops. Refreshed, the rivers start their flow. Spring beckons life with her great power, And flora and fauna respond alike: The antlers of a young buck grows, Crab apple branches sprout pale pink flowers, The meadow is shrill with a clutch of shrikes. When the humidity is overbearing And ticks and mosquitoes are in their prime, I long for cool Autumn with his season of sharing, A magician who flashes color to hide his crime. Nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and chai, Taking comfort in warm fall flavors, The harvest's bounty, the zenith of life. Lovely are the flame-hued leaves that die; Autumn brings awareness of moments to be savored. He links the circle along with Spring, his wife.

Hmm never written an ode before... trying out Keats' ABABCDECDE structure. Notes: Locks as in locks of hair, snowdrops are a type of flower that's usually the first sign of spring in my area as they pop up with snow still on the ground, shrikes are a type of bird.

Dragon Poet's Name: Kafka
Dragon Poet's ID#: 36442081
Dragon Poet Image:

36442081_350.png

Entry Category: Autumn and Spring

Entry Title: Ode to the Phoenix Seasons

Entry:

The winter's chill I could forsake
The salty slush, breath-frosted locks.
Scanning signs for Spring to wake,
Her triumphant buds and soft snowdrops.
Refreshed, the rivers start their flow.
Spring beckons life with her great power,
And flora and fauna respond alike:
The antlers of a young buck grows,
Crab apple branches sprout pale pink flowers,
The meadow is shrill with a clutch of shrikes.

When the humidity is overbearing
And ticks and mosquitoes are in their prime,
I long for cool Autumn with his season of sharing,
A magician who flashes color to hide his crime.
Nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and chai,
Taking comfort in warm fall flavors,
The harvest's bounty, the zenith of life.
Lovely are the flame-hued leaves that die;
Autumn brings awareness of moments to be savored.
He links the circle along with Spring, his wife.
'blue smedium banner
@7diamonds

The Skydancer reads over the poem and smiles gently at the Fae.
She moves over to a piece of parchment and scribbles down some information, before returning to the Fae.

"Everything looks lovely, thank you for entering the contest! Feel free to enter in some more categories if you'd like!"
@7diamonds

The Skydancer reads over the poem and smiles gently at the Fae.
She moves over to a piece of parchment and scribbles down some information, before returning to the Fae.

"Everything looks lovely, thank you for entering the contest! Feel free to enter in some more categories if you'd like!"
They/Them
Feel Free to Ping!
Wishlist
Selling
Milo's Thrift Shop
Show Me Dragons!
1606_400px_milohilay_by_miirshroom-dcgb7sz.png
@MarinaQuakenbush

"Your entry fits all the rules, congrats!" Sequoia said with a smile, writing down the poet's info on a piece of paper.
She looked at the Imperial and nodded a goodbye, "I hope to see you here again soon; feel free to enter more categories!"
@MarinaQuakenbush

"Your entry fits all the rules, congrats!" Sequoia said with a smile, writing down the poet's info on a piece of paper.
She looked at the Imperial and nodded a goodbye, "I hope to see you here again soon; feel free to enter more categories!"
They/Them
Feel Free to Ping!
Wishlist
Selling
Milo's Thrift Shop
Show Me Dragons!
1606_400px_milohilay_by_miirshroom-dcgb7sz.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22 23