Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [MistJam] 2019 Poetry Contest WINNERS!
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 23
[font=candara][i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Sylphiette [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 4275 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Selena [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 12377080 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12377080] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/123771/12377080_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Poem to a Friend [b]Entry Title:[/b] To @Possums [b]Entry: [/b] to the conversations held in hushed messages and those not-so-hushed to the gifts and praise and words of support to the kind gestures of anonymity and outright gestures, as well to excited shouts of "look what i found!" and "we both like this thing!" an expression of gratitude and the warmth of friendship may it follow you in your day-to-day and remind you that you are cared for.
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow
FR Player Name: Sylphiette
FR Player ID#: 4275

Dragon Poet's Name: Selena
Dragon Poet's ID#: 12377080
Dragon Poet Image:
12377080_350.png

Entry Category: Poem to a Friend
Entry Title: To @Possums
Entry:

to the conversations held in hushed messages
and those not-so-hushed
to the gifts and praise
and words of support
to the kind gestures of anonymity
and outright gestures, as well
to excited shouts of "look what i found!"
and "we both like this thing!"
an expression of gratitude and the warmth of friendship

may it follow you in your day-to-day
and remind you that
you are cared for.
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
[font=candara][i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Sylphiette [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 4275 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Selena [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 12377080 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12377080] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/123771/12377080_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Anything Goes [b]Entry Title:[/b] To My Love, a Haiku [b]Entry: [/b] calloused hands clasping my own dwarfed, the deepest love adrift in your sea
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow
FR Player Name: Sylphiette
FR Player ID#: 4275

Dragon Poet's Name: Selena
Dragon Poet's ID#: 12377080
Dragon Poet Image:
12377080_350.png

Entry Category: Anything Goes
Entry Title: To My Love, a Haiku
Entry:

calloused hands clasping
my own dwarfed, the deepest love
adrift in your sea
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] LadyOfTheSkies [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 448247 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Zira [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 49380320 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49380320] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/493804/49380320_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Anything Goes [b]Entry Title:[/b] The Scent of Spring [b]Entry: [/b] Sunlit days grew longer as her spot on the globe tilted its way towards a star And she smiled to her cat and said look how nice the weather is (she licked and groomed away old fur) She slid the metal of the latch off the back door to push it open (trotted over, paws rhythmically patting the floor) Gave a happy sigh trying to express somehow the wild joy she felt at the world persevering and living once more (pink nose pressed against the screen head lifting up with each breath as she tried to take everything in) Expanded her chest to breathe deeply to pull within every molecule of renewed air It smelled like (robins and soil and last year’s grass decomposing a blue jay and three mourning doves hint of crocuses growing and a warm breeze, dew on leaves) spring
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer.
Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

FR Player Name: LadyOfTheSkies
FR Player ID#: 448247
Dragon Poet's Name: Zira
Dragon Poet's ID#: 49380320

Dragon Poet Image:

49380320_350.png

Entry Title: The Scent of Spring

Entry:

Sunlit days grew longer
as her spot on the globe tilted its way towards a star

And she smiled to her cat and said
look how nice the weather is
(she licked and groomed away old fur)

She slid the metal of the latch off the back door
to push it open
(trotted over, paws rhythmically patting the floor)

Gave a happy sigh
trying to express somehow the wild joy she felt
at the world persevering and living once more

(pink nose pressed against the screen
head lifting up with each breath
as she tried to take everything in)

Expanded her chest to breathe deeply
to pull within every molecule of renewed air

It smelled like
(robins and soil and last year’s grass decomposing
a blue jay and three mourning doves
hint of crocuses growing and a warm breeze, dew on leaves)

spring
VDwNYPe.png
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Juri01 [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 111431 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Zayin [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] #40410352 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40410352] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/404104/40410352_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [b]“Hallo there! It’s us again! You see, my friend actually finished some more writings and I'd like to turn them in!!” [/b] A rather calm evening came to a sudden end as Crevan came running in – Zayin a few steps behind him – while holding up two parchments. He passes them on to the dragon behind the desk and waits for his bigger friend to catch up with him. The arriving Coatl didn’t seem to mind his work being turned in; but he was grumbling about having an overexcited friend who just annoyingly loved to exaggerate! [b]“Is it that difficult to wait for just one second? I couldn’t even wrap everything up…! What’s more, the ink hasn’t even dried completely! I really hope – for your sake – it didn’t cause any smears!”[/b] He also turns to the desk, nodding affably at the dragon. [b]“How does it look…?”[/b] [img]https://s28.postimg.cc/90g803cod/Hor-divider-640.png[/img] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Autumn and Spring [b]Entry Title:[/b] In the course of time, Ode [b]Entry: [/b] Oh, fall! Kaleidoscope of colors. Your turning trees aflame the foggy, sluggish days. Behold of the glistening brilliant fall of leafs reflecting the spooky, moonlit smile of ripe fruits! Essence of the ever-changing winds blustery moving through the harvested braches; overblown and weary. Guardian of fondest memories, forerunner, turning point. Oh, spring! Bouquet of life! Your fertile earth gives birth to new beginnings. Observe the warm cheers embosoming the blooming soul energizing sealed buds to frolic beneath the sky. Essence of the sun-drenched breath gently carrying love on mischievous breeze; teeming and briskly. Bearer of radiant hope, forerunner, turning point. [img]https://s28.postimg.cc/90g803cod/Hor-divider-640.png[/img] [b]Entry Category:[/b] A season's POV [b]Entry Title:[/b] Spring's wakening I rose up one morning / after a long sleep, looked over the horizon / to greet the gentle breeze. It playful wandered further / accompanied by birds who sang for this occasion / just to spread the word. “Open wide your eyes, / shake off the frigid past. Let’s tuck in white Winter, / as Spring has come at last!” I watch the new life spreading, / see it claim ones place: Growing, blooming, buzzing, / in the suns’ embrace. They give their very best, / to finally catch some air, And I just proudly wondered, / for I had brought it there. “It is a time full magic, / one that will have to past, As for March, April, May; / Spring has come to last!”

FR Player Name: Juri01
FR Player ID#: 111431

Dragon Poet's Name: Zayin
Dragon Poet's ID#: #40410352

Dragon Poet Image:
“Hallo there! It’s us again! You see, my friend actually finished some more writings and I'd like to turn them in!!”

A rather calm evening came to a sudden end as Crevan came running in – Zayin a few steps behind him – while holding up two parchments. He passes them on to the dragon behind the desk and waits for his bigger friend to catch up with him. The arriving Coatl didn’t seem to mind his work being turned in; but he was grumbling about having an overexcited friend who just annoyingly loved to exaggerate!

“Is it that difficult to wait for just one second? I couldn’t even wrap everything up…! What’s more, the ink hasn’t even dried completely! I really hope – for your sake – it didn’t cause any smears!”

He also turns to the desk, nodding affably at the dragon. “How does it look…?”

Hor-divider-640.png

Entry Category: Autumn and Spring
Entry Title: In the course of time, Ode

Entry:

Oh, fall! Kaleidoscope of colors.
Your turning trees aflame the foggy, sluggish days.
Behold of the glistening brilliant fall of leafs
reflecting the spooky, moonlit smile of ripe fruits!
Essence of the ever-changing winds
blustery moving through the harvested braches;
overblown and weary.

Guardian of fondest memories, forerunner,
turning point.

Oh, spring! Bouquet of life!
Your fertile earth gives birth to new beginnings.
Observe the warm cheers embosoming the blooming soul
energizing sealed buds to frolic beneath the sky.
Essence of the sun-drenched breath
gently carrying love on mischievous breeze;
teeming and briskly.

Bearer of radiant hope, forerunner,
turning point.

Hor-divider-640.png

Entry Category: A season's POV
Entry Title: Spring's wakening

I rose up one morning / after a long sleep,
looked over the horizon / to greet the gentle breeze.
It playful wandered further / accompanied by birds
who sang for this occasion / just to spread the word.

“Open wide your eyes, / shake off the frigid past.
Let’s tuck in white Winter, / as Spring has come at last!”

I watch the new life spreading, / see it claim ones place:
Growing, blooming, buzzing, / in the suns’ embrace.
They give their very best, / to finally catch some air,
And I just proudly wondered, / for I had brought it there.

“It is a time full magic, / one that will have to past,
As for March, April, May; / Spring has come to last!”
Ah whoops, sorry! I promise if I'd known it cause that much stress and trouble, I wouldn't've posted a WIP. Well, for better or worse, it's done! [i]Another festival, another chance to write. A golem of the Wilds doesn't travel far from endless summer, but Sapling remembers when the Labyrinth was young and spring held sway instead--maybe someday the Behemoth would see fall, even winter. Who can say? There's a story told round the campfire about lovers crossing a treacherous wildland. It's hard to write a bard's-tale with no tongue (sounding out the words in her head never serves perfectly), but with the help of a few patient [b]friends[/b], hopefully she'll find the words to serve...[/i] [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow[/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Oranitha [b]FR Player ID#:[/b]160660 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Sapling [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 13512200 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13512200] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/135123/13512200_350.png[/img] [/url] [center][i]There span two mighty ranges, granite teeth that tear the sky. Summer’s hot and treacherous as Winter’s cold and dry, and each one spans a season, an impassable divide. Shall I tell you of the lovers who are trapped to either side?[/i][/center] [b]Entry Category:[/b] The Seasons' PoV [b]Entry Title:[/b] Love Letters [b]Entry: [/b] “Echo-echo-echo!” Spring was drowned in disarray for they lingered in a loneliness they couldn’t chase away. “What use are all my flowers, oh, what use my gentle rains? For if I can only love myself, I’ve only loved in vain!” Their echo-echo-echo went resounding through the heights ‘til it it rested, soft and fragile, in the Autumn’s waning light as its author still was dawning in the coming summer sun. Ever sundered, Autumn wondered if this might be the one. Oh the final blooms were dropping and the field was glowing gold; the ferny fen was breezy-bronze, the leaves were bright and bold. Fall’s answer came a-boundin’ in the warming harvest moon: “Keep echoing, my dearest, and I’m sure I’ll find you soon!” The shoots, like verdant lacework, drank in all that welcome wind. The boughs were bowed with flowers that all beckoned Autumn in. In soft and misty moonlight, as the fledgelings tried their song, Spring cloaked itself in dawning moss; they wouldn’t tarry long. And so the fated lovers tried to pass a grand impasse. First through Summer then through Winter, scorching haze and frigid glass. But though love may steel and warm us, make us soft and make us tough-- though they made an awful headway--it was never quite enough. When you taste the winds of Winter or you test the Summer storm and for just a fleeting moment smell the rosebuds as they form, or you swear you hear the scattering of leaves across the ground, these are their love letters: always treasured, always found.
Ah whoops, sorry! I promise if I'd known it cause that much stress and trouble, I wouldn't've posted a WIP. Well, for better or worse, it's done!

Another festival, another chance to write. A golem of the Wilds doesn't travel far from endless summer, but Sapling remembers when the Labyrinth was young and spring held sway instead--maybe someday the Behemoth would see fall, even winter. Who can say?

There's a story told round the campfire about lovers crossing a treacherous wildland. It's hard to write a bard's-tale with no tongue (sounding out the words in her head never serves perfectly), but with the help of a few patient friends, hopefully she'll find the words to serve...

FR Player Name: Oranitha
FR Player ID#:160660
Dragon Poet's Name: Sapling
Dragon Poet's ID#: 13512200

13512200_350.png

There span two mighty ranges, granite teeth that tear the sky.
Summer’s hot and treacherous as Winter’s cold and dry,
and each one spans a season, an impassable divide.
Shall I tell you of the lovers who are trapped to either side?

Entry Category: The Seasons' PoV
Entry Title: Love Letters
Entry:

“Echo-echo-echo!” Spring was drowned in disarray
for they lingered in a loneliness they couldn’t chase away.
“What use are all my flowers, oh, what use my gentle rains?
For if I can only love myself, I’ve only loved in vain!”

Their echo-echo-echo went resounding through the heights
‘til it it rested, soft and fragile, in the Autumn’s waning light
as its author still was dawning in the coming summer sun.
Ever sundered, Autumn wondered if this might be the one.

Oh the final blooms were dropping and the field was glowing gold;
the ferny fen was breezy-bronze, the leaves were bright and bold.
Fall’s answer came a-boundin’ in the warming harvest moon:
“Keep echoing, my dearest, and I’m sure I’ll find you soon!”

The shoots, like verdant lacework, drank in all that welcome wind.
The boughs were bowed with flowers that all beckoned Autumn in.
In soft and misty moonlight, as the fledgelings tried their song,
Spring cloaked itself in dawning moss; they wouldn’t tarry long.

And so the fated lovers tried to pass a grand impasse.
First through Summer then through Winter, scorching haze and frigid glass.
But though love may steel and warm us, make us soft and make us tough--
though they made an awful headway--it was never quite enough.

When you taste the winds of Winter or you test the Summer storm
and for just a fleeting moment smell the rosebuds as they form,
or you swear you hear the scattering of leaves across the ground,
these are their love letters: always treasured, always found.
cL9yafY.gif
[i]Windsinger? She knows the name, but it's a real struggle to conceive of a "god" besides the Great Mother. Such are the struggles of a golem, but thankfully [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22346867]another friend of hers[/url] is happy to fill her in! Perhaps his account's a little biased...but better a poem that expresses something heartfelt than one all watered-down. That's what she tells herself when he gives her his misty-eyed approval, at least. She's still a bit nervous to turn this over to the judges...[/i] [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow (edit was just to add a line between the two entries, no change to the poems) [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Oranitha [b]FR Player ID#:[/b]160660 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Sapling [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 13512200 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13512200] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/135123/13512200_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] If Windsinger... [b]Entry Title:[/b] Belated [b]Entry: [/b] [center]If Windsinger were my friend I’d know just where He is. Perhaps Windsinger’s [i]not[/i] my friend though I believe me His. If Windsinger’d be my friend I’d forge through storm and snow, cross every sand and rotting land to make sure we were so. Perhaps Windsinger [i]is[/i] my friend? Perhaps He’s disappeared. Perhaps he giggles as he hides, not scowls the way I’ve feared. And if Windsinger [i]is[/i] my friend, He hugs with every breeze; if kindly fathers sometimes hide then He must hide with ease. If Windsinger’s [i]not[/i] my friend I guess that I must try To make Windsinger be my friend So He might say goodbye.[/center] ----- [i]And perhaps a bit of that feeling infuses the next, as well.[/i] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Friendship Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] Mirrorpool [b]Entry: [/b] Reflective, the pond captures old friends embracing. How sweetly it fades!
Windsinger? She knows the name, but it's a real struggle to conceive of a "god" besides the Great Mother. Such are the struggles of a golem, but thankfully another friend of hers is happy to fill her in! Perhaps his account's a little biased...but better a poem that expresses something heartfelt than one all watered-down. That's what she tells herself when he gives her his misty-eyed approval, at least. She's still a bit nervous to turn this over to the judges...

(edit was just to add a line between the two entries, no change to the poems)

13512200_350.png

Entry Category: If Windsinger...
Entry Title: Belated
Entry:

If Windsinger were my friend
I’d know just where He is.
Perhaps Windsinger’s not my friend
though I believe me His.
If Windsinger’d be my friend
I’d forge through storm and snow,
cross every sand and rotting land
to make sure we were so.

Perhaps Windsinger is my friend?
Perhaps He’s disappeared.
Perhaps he giggles as he hides,
not scowls the way I’ve feared.
And if Windsinger is my friend,
He hugs with every breeze;
if kindly fathers sometimes hide
then He must hide with ease.

If Windsinger’s not my friend
I guess that I must try
To make Windsinger be my friend
So He might say goodbye.

And perhaps a bit of that feeling infuses the next, as well.

Entry Category: Friendship Haiku
Entry Title: Mirrorpool
Entry:

Reflective, the pond
captures old friends embracing.
How sweetly it fades!
cL9yafY.gif
[i]Halfway done already? Before she can get back to work, Sapling notices a fellow entrant from a [b]friendly clan...[/b][/i] HEY WASSUP @MarinaQuakenbush I SEE YOU OVER THERE [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow[/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Oranitha [b]FR Player ID#:[/b]160660 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Sapling [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 13512200 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13512200] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/135123/13512200_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Poem to a Friend [b]Entry Title:[/b] Whoops my fingers repeatedly slipped [b]Entry: [/b] Hey there Marina I just saw you in the thread and since I got this awful long-dead song all stuck up in my head I thought it wise to give the pattern its reprise. So, hey, surprise! Hey there Marina, all your poems are heckin’ neat and while your mastery of Keats will likely signal my defeat it’s bittersweet. I sure don’t mind if I get beat; your stuff’s a treat. Ooooh it’s pretty late at night! Ooooh and I can’t rhyme this right (margin's pretty tight). Hey there Marina, [i]Life is short and pleasures few[/i], and so it’s grand to get the chance to say I’m glad that I met you! I love your art, and hell I know you’re super smart with a good heart :D Hey there Marina, thanks for being my penpal! I know I respond hella slowly but tonight I swear I shall. It’s all half-writ and as per usual long as [crap]. Guess that’s a wrap? Ooooh I’m sorry for the poem! Ooooh and if you’re ever home, tell Jack he’s a very good boy for me (exercise your discretion with the cat) (sorry for the poem)
Halfway done already? Before she can get back to work, Sapling notices a fellow entrant from a friendly clan...

HEY WASSUP @MarinaQuakenbush I SEE YOU OVER THERE

13512200_350.png

Entry Category: Poem to a Friend
Entry Title: Whoops my fingers repeatedly slipped
Entry:

Hey there Marina
I just saw you in the thread
and since I got this awful long-dead song
all stuck up in my head
I thought it wise
to give the pattern its reprise.
So, hey, surprise!

Hey there Marina,
all your poems are heckin’ neat
and while your mastery of Keats
will likely signal my defeat
it’s bittersweet.
I sure don’t mind if I get beat;
your stuff’s a treat.

Ooooh it’s pretty late at night!
Ooooh and I can’t rhyme this right
(margin's pretty tight).

Hey there Marina,
Life is short and pleasures few,
and so it’s grand to get the chance
to say I’m glad that I met you!
I love your art,
and hell I know you’re super smart
with a good heart :D

Hey there Marina,
thanks for being my penpal!
I know I respond hella slowly
but tonight I swear I shall.
It’s all half-writ
and as per usual long as [crap].
Guess that’s a wrap?

Ooooh I’m sorry for the poem!
Ooooh and if you’re ever home,
tell Jack he’s a very good boy for me (exercise your discretion with the cat)
(sorry for the poem)
cL9yafY.gif
[i]All that's left is the freeform entry and an ode to the seasons. It's hard to separate the idea of time from the idea of [b]friendship[/b] once enough years pass. Some days everything feels all ephemeral, or like the whole world's a soap bubble gliding on the edge of a needle. Would things be so precious if they lasted?[/i] [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow[/i] (edit added a line between the entries) [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Oranitha [b]FR Player ID#:[/b]160660 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Sapling [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 13512200 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13512200] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/135123/13512200_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Autumn and Spring [b]Entry Title:[/b] Tarriwrong [b]Entry: [/b] If you suppose that I have tarried wrong ‘neath bowing branch, or I have clasped the fruit of Autumn far too long, til like a dream I wandered out, and trance-like, crossed the stream of Spring’s swelled hunger, sat between the roots of stranger pools and drank in robin’s-song, it’s only so the time that passes by might wait a little longer by my side. For nothing in this world will last for long, and if you think that I have tarried wrong, then wait with me for Springtime to arrive and mourn with me for Autumn as it dies. ----- [i]Just one left. An easy choice. Of all the poems she's written, there's only one she loves properly that captures some thoughts of friendship. After all, for all the friends she's run into this time 'round, well...she's already said her piece on that. Once more, then, for old time's sake?[/i] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Anything Goes [b]Entry Title:[/b] Peers [b]Entry: [/b] The pier's a bit shorter than what I remember, but as I got taller, all the tales did, too. Nothing's ever quite left just the way you left it, on account of all the ghosts [color=transparent]________________________________________[/color]sifting through [color=transparent]________________________________________[/color]all the things [color=transparent]________________________________________[/color]better buried [color=transparent]________________________________________[/color]underneath, [color=transparent]________________________________________[/color]in the pools. [color=darkblue]Do you remember[color=transparent]_________[/color]when the tides came in? Do you remember drawing lines on our shore? The tall tales say you were a bit peculiar, but the pools all flooded, and I don't quite remember why we came here anymore.
All that's left is the freeform entry and an ode to the seasons. It's hard to separate the idea of time from the idea of friendship once enough years pass. Some days everything feels all ephemeral, or like the whole world's a soap bubble gliding on the edge of a needle. Would things be so precious if they lasted?

(edit added a line between the entries)

13512200_350.png

Entry Category: Autumn and Spring
Entry Title: Tarriwrong
Entry:

If you suppose that I have tarried wrong
‘neath bowing branch, or I have clasped the fruit
of Autumn far too long, til like a dream
I wandered out, and trance-like, crossed the stream
of Spring’s swelled hunger, sat between the roots
of stranger pools and drank in robin’s-song,
it’s only so the time that passes by
might wait a little longer by my side.
For nothing in this world will last for long,
and if you think that I have tarried wrong,
then wait with me for Springtime to arrive
and mourn with me for Autumn as it dies.

Just one left. An easy choice. Of all the poems she's written, there's only one she loves properly that captures some thoughts of friendship. After all, for all the friends she's run into this time 'round, well...she's already said her piece on that. Once more, then, for old time's sake?

Entry Title: Peers
Entry:

The pier's a bit shorter than what I remember, but as I got taller, all the tales did,
too. Nothing's ever quite left just the way you left it, on account of all the ghosts
________________________________________sifting through
________________________________________all the things
________________________________________better buried
________________________________________underneath,
________________________________________in the pools.
Do you remember_________when the tides came in? Do you remember
drawing lines on our shore? The tall tales say you were a bit peculiar, but
the pools all flooded, and I don't quite remember why we came here anymore.
cL9yafY.gif
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] MysticalScribe [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 371413 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Hogan [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 49260163 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49260163] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/492602/49260163_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Friendship Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] Perks of a bond [b]Entry: [/b] A bond forever Crazy, fun shenanigans Oops- say goodbye lamp

FR Player Name: MysticalScribe
FR Player ID#: 371413
Dragon Poet's Name: Hogan
Dragon Poet's ID#: 49260163

Dragon Poet Image:

49260163_350.png

Entry Category: Friendship Haiku
Entry Title: Perks of a bond

Entry:

A bond forever
Crazy, fun shenanigans
Oops- say goodbye lamp

arcanesparkle.gifBasically Redoing my Clan's Lore- for the third time.arcanesparkle.gif
@Sylphiette

Judge Abigail took the poems from the other spiral as she looked down the list. "Everything seems to be in order! Good luck, and have a great Mistral Jamboree!"
@Sylphiette

Judge Abigail took the poems from the other spiral as she looked down the list. "Everything seems to be in order! Good luck, and have a great Mistral Jamboree!"
qVhWRny.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 23