Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of August!
1 2 3 4 5 6
General Introduction

In Nanowrimo 2013, I started a writers' chat thread with LadyRowyn in the Wind forum. Since we left Wind, we've created a writers' chat here every month, to (a) meet new writers! and (b) keep in touch with all our Windy friends. (Hi Windies! We still love you all!)

Some purposes for this thread:
  • Talk excitedly about your current awesome writing project!
  • Whinge about your current project which no longer seems so awesome and you don't want to work on it any more but YOU WILL anyway. Because REASONS.
  • Show off snippets of your writing
  • Cheer your fellow writers on as they write!
  • Commiserate with your fellow writers as they complain about not writing, or about not being happy with their writing
  • Ask other participants to pick one of your dragons for you to write something about in the dragon's bio
  • Show off dragon bios
  • Admire one another's dragons and new hatchlings from time to time (because this IS Flight Rising)
  • Any other writerly activities you want to chat about

"Dragon Writers" is a reference to this being a chat on a dragon site; there is no requirement that you write about dragons in order to participate. (Okay, there really aren't any requirements at all).

This is intended to be a general chat thread and not a critique group. Now, it's absolutely fine for a writer to post a link to their work and ask people for feedback and/or criticism! But it's also fine for people to post bits of their writing just to show off and with no desire to have it critiqued. And it's fine if you participate in the thread without ever sharing anything you write, or giving feedback on anyone else's writing.

Unless a writer solicits critiques, please only respond to their writing with supportive comments (or don't respond at all).

Also, this is a chat thread: we're here to interact with one another as writers. Showing up to say 'I haven't read any of the previous messages and am completely ignoring any conversations going on. Please come to my thread/read my writing' is unlikely to work out well for you.

New Business
July is over! How many of you did Camp Nano? How'd it work out? Also, what do you think of the new map that's coming? All the lore possibilities! Plus, Roundsey! Are we going to end up with dragons with gambling problems? *thinking emoji* *worried emoji*

New Challenge
This month, I am personally challenging all of you to write a dragon bio for SOMEDRAGON in your lair! It can be three lines or thirty, but I want to see some dragons come to life! When you're done, come here and show us your derg. :D
General Introduction

In Nanowrimo 2013, I started a writers' chat thread with LadyRowyn in the Wind forum. Since we left Wind, we've created a writers' chat here every month, to (a) meet new writers! and (b) keep in touch with all our Windy friends. (Hi Windies! We still love you all!)

Some purposes for this thread:
  • Talk excitedly about your current awesome writing project!
  • Whinge about your current project which no longer seems so awesome and you don't want to work on it any more but YOU WILL anyway. Because REASONS.
  • Show off snippets of your writing
  • Cheer your fellow writers on as they write!
  • Commiserate with your fellow writers as they complain about not writing, or about not being happy with their writing
  • Ask other participants to pick one of your dragons for you to write something about in the dragon's bio
  • Show off dragon bios
  • Admire one another's dragons and new hatchlings from time to time (because this IS Flight Rising)
  • Any other writerly activities you want to chat about

"Dragon Writers" is a reference to this being a chat on a dragon site; there is no requirement that you write about dragons in order to participate. (Okay, there really aren't any requirements at all).

This is intended to be a general chat thread and not a critique group. Now, it's absolutely fine for a writer to post a link to their work and ask people for feedback and/or criticism! But it's also fine for people to post bits of their writing just to show off and with no desire to have it critiqued. And it's fine if you participate in the thread without ever sharing anything you write, or giving feedback on anyone else's writing.

Unless a writer solicits critiques, please only respond to their writing with supportive comments (or don't respond at all).

Also, this is a chat thread: we're here to interact with one another as writers. Showing up to say 'I haven't read any of the previous messages and am completely ignoring any conversations going on. Please come to my thread/read my writing' is unlikely to work out well for you.

New Business
July is over! How many of you did Camp Nano? How'd it work out? Also, what do you think of the new map that's coming? All the lore possibilities! Plus, Roundsey! Are we going to end up with dragons with gambling problems? *thinking emoji* *worried emoji*

New Challenge
This month, I am personally challenging all of you to write a dragon bio for SOMEDRAGON in your lair! It can be three lines or thirty, but I want to see some dragons come to life! When you're done, come here and show us your derg. :D
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
I summon the dragon-writing horde!

To add or remove yourself from the ping list, please edit the spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MgBhbV0tZai8TO20VNURz5y8_toxSN4xLCamseq7ICs/edit?usp=sharing

@Adventure, @Almaren, @Aloysius, @Alphanix, @Alpharaposa, @alwaid, @Amut, @angelfire335, @Araaska, @Arios, @Artificiary, @Athaza, @Avanari, @Azurenight, @Batme, @benalene, , @BlackWinter, @brilliantsky, @Caiiore, @CanisLupus03, @Catbag, @Catkinstarchild, @Celetia912, @chalcara, @chaosheart13, @chibithulu, @cinderrain, @Cinnimoncynic, @Connlaodh, @Copierthief, @cricara, @Darkmoonbreeder, @Darkmoonnbreeder, @Darkwarrior101, @deanazazel, @demonslayr62, @demonslayr62, @disbounded, @dotdedo, @DracioZard, @DracoLeo, @DragonMaid421, @DTEvie, @Duchannes, @Elfnextdoor, @Emberglo, @EmpressSectonia, @encarmine, @Endernil, @EonFlamewing, @Erratic, @evosoul, @Eyries, @FireStarter007, @Fixeddotdice, @FluffyTundras, @Fuurin, @gendersquare, @GreyWardenNova, @growingthebear, @GuardianDragonak, @gunslinger, @Gusted, @Hanakotoi, @HeartThief, @hitoritabi, @HugQueen, @Hurricanesong, @Hydria, @Hyleoroi, @Iceyriver08, @Ickyrus, @Iriexiris, @IronPen, @IvoryMuffin, @Jane13, @JiggertyPokery, @Joying, @KallyPaige, @kanashiiichigo, @Karika, @kayn, @Kazaera, @Keeum, @Kelwyn, @KenjiSnow, @Kerynean, @Killunia, @KittyHamilton, @LadyKnightKatsa, @LadyRowyn, @Ladyslayer, @Lae, @LaraAelric, @Larkie, @laumania, @Lawful, @Lckgandor, @li0nessrampant, @LilacsandFreedom, @lilastar, @LongMorrison, @luckgandor, @LuckieChanm, @LucklessLady, @Lundlaeva, @Lytic, @ManaStar, @Marmite, @maw, @MawkishMuse, @MawkishMuse, @melonLord, @MeraHunt, @Metamochi, @micahjaguar, @mightybeast, @mischiefsabre, @MischiefSword, @MisfitsLanding, @MissFortune17, @Mistwalker, @Moonwater, @Morichinatsu, @Mort, @MurEyeUh, @mwingzero, @Namira, @nano, @nargothrond, @Nemera, @Nemesis, @Neroelysium, @Nightlilac, @NightwindDragon, @Niguidara, @NinjaKnightOsc, @Nyghtfall12, @Oakwick, @ObsidianNights, @Onigame, @pachirisu, @Paintminion, @Pasafatu, @Petall, @PhoenixMiko, @Pielonious, @pixeltune, @PixieKnight3264, @Plagueheart, @PlatinumDream, @PocketTheSaurus, @Polymorphus, @PoofinBurd, @Pookasaur, @psychocanes, @puffbird, @purplpeanut, @Pyrasaur, @quartzcrusher, @QuetzalQueen, @Rabbithearts, @Raenea, @Reltseo, @Remuta, @Rexcaliburr, @ruthie, @SadariEvenstar, @SamIamLuvDov, @SapphireElegy, @Saraceaser, @Saraceaser, @ScrivenerRook, @seraphemme, @Serpenthyne, @ShadesofCyan, @shimo, @ShockZephyr, @SierraKomodo, @SilverFoxDemon, @Silverspun, @SingingBirdy, @SirWermo, @SN1006, @Snaphance, @SnoringHyena, @SpiritKin, @SpringyBirdd, @Srewolf, @Steffon, @Stoat, @Suraya, @SylphofPens, @Syrinx, @tacroy, @thatjaeger, @The13Inquisitor, @TheDragonsQueen, @thefaceradar, @TheMaskedHunter, @tsuneembers, @TwilightDreams, @typoAdventure, @Tzarksra,@Umpaloompa, @Upstart, @Velg, @velvetpaws, @VigilanteSnail, @VioletWhirlwind, @VivaFariy, @WhoDoVooDoo, @Wisecakes, @Wymetz, @WynterDragen, @Xumbre, @Yukino, @ZenithNadir, @Zidderinni, @Zonemod, @pulses
I summon the dragon-writing horde!

To add or remove yourself from the ping list, please edit the spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MgBhbV0tZai8TO20VNURz5y8_toxSN4xLCamseq7ICs/edit?usp=sharing

@Adventure, @Almaren, @Aloysius, @Alphanix, @Alpharaposa, @alwaid, @Amut, @angelfire335, @Araaska, @Arios, @Artificiary, @Athaza, @Avanari, @Azurenight, @Batme, @benalene, , @BlackWinter, @brilliantsky, @Caiiore, @CanisLupus03, @Catbag, @Catkinstarchild, @Celetia912, @chalcara, @chaosheart13, @chibithulu, @cinderrain, @Cinnimoncynic, @Connlaodh, @Copierthief, @cricara, @Darkmoonbreeder, @Darkmoonnbreeder, @Darkwarrior101, @deanazazel, @demonslayr62, @demonslayr62, @disbounded, @dotdedo, @DracioZard, @DracoLeo, @DragonMaid421, @DTEvie, @Duchannes, @Elfnextdoor, @Emberglo, @EmpressSectonia, @encarmine, @Endernil, @EonFlamewing, @Erratic, @evosoul, @Eyries, @FireStarter007, @Fixeddotdice, @FluffyTundras, @Fuurin, @gendersquare, @GreyWardenNova, @growingthebear, @GuardianDragonak, @gunslinger, @Gusted, @Hanakotoi, @HeartThief, @hitoritabi, @HugQueen, @Hurricanesong, @Hydria, @Hyleoroi, @Iceyriver08, @Ickyrus, @Iriexiris, @IronPen, @IvoryMuffin, @Jane13, @JiggertyPokery, @Joying, @KallyPaige, @kanashiiichigo, @Karika, @kayn, @Kazaera, @Keeum, @Kelwyn, @KenjiSnow, @Kerynean, @Killunia, @KittyHamilton, @LadyKnightKatsa, @LadyRowyn, @Ladyslayer, @Lae, @LaraAelric, @Larkie, @laumania, @Lawful, @Lckgandor, @li0nessrampant, @LilacsandFreedom, @lilastar, @LongMorrison, @luckgandor, @LuckieChanm, @LucklessLady, @Lundlaeva, @Lytic, @ManaStar, @Marmite, @maw, @MawkishMuse, @MawkishMuse, @melonLord, @MeraHunt, @Metamochi, @micahjaguar, @mightybeast, @mischiefsabre, @MischiefSword, @MisfitsLanding, @MissFortune17, @Mistwalker, @Moonwater, @Morichinatsu, @Mort, @MurEyeUh, @mwingzero, @Namira, @nano, @nargothrond, @Nemera, @Nemesis, @Neroelysium, @Nightlilac, @NightwindDragon, @Niguidara, @NinjaKnightOsc, @Nyghtfall12, @Oakwick, @ObsidianNights, @Onigame, @pachirisu, @Paintminion, @Pasafatu, @Petall, @PhoenixMiko, @Pielonious, @pixeltune, @PixieKnight3264, @Plagueheart, @PlatinumDream, @PocketTheSaurus, @Polymorphus, @PoofinBurd, @Pookasaur, @psychocanes, @puffbird, @purplpeanut, @Pyrasaur, @quartzcrusher, @QuetzalQueen, @Rabbithearts, @Raenea, @Reltseo, @Remuta, @Rexcaliburr, @ruthie, @SadariEvenstar, @SamIamLuvDov, @SapphireElegy, @Saraceaser, @Saraceaser, @ScrivenerRook, @seraphemme, @Serpenthyne, @ShadesofCyan, @shimo, @ShockZephyr, @SierraKomodo, @SilverFoxDemon, @Silverspun, @SingingBirdy, @SirWermo, @SN1006, @Snaphance, @SnoringHyena, @SpiritKin, @SpringyBirdd, @Srewolf, @Steffon, @Stoat, @Suraya, @SylphofPens, @Syrinx, @tacroy, @thatjaeger, @The13Inquisitor, @TheDragonsQueen, @thefaceradar, @TheMaskedHunter, @tsuneembers, @TwilightDreams, @typoAdventure, @Tzarksra,@Umpaloompa, @Upstart, @Velg, @velvetpaws, @VigilanteSnail, @VioletWhirlwind, @VivaFariy, @WhoDoVooDoo, @Wisecakes, @Wymetz, @WynterDragen, @Xumbre, @Yukino, @ZenithNadir, @Zidderinni, @Zonemod, @pulses
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
Phew! July was wild, y'all. I rewrote a book (which added almost 68 pages to it) and launched it, worked on four separate short stories (one of which I finished), launched a Kickstarter campaign, and got in 21K on the novel I'm ACTUALLY working on. Which was my CampNaNo project, and I failed of the goal by 9000 words. *cries slow tear* But hey, I launched a book, so not too many of those tears. And the Kickstarter's going well. *pleased* This month I'm going to send out all the Kickstarter prizes (and finish two of those shorts, since three of them were stretch goal prizes), finish the novel, because it should only have about 30K left in it, and fail to rest on my laurels a lot. Because resting on laurels means no grocery money, and no food = sad jaguar. I keep buying dragons, y'all. This is not good. I must purge majorly soon, because I doubt the hibernal den is going to show up in time to save me. *sadface* Also, look at this monstrosity I just hatched! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43928598] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/439286/43928598_350.png[/img] [/url] I want a multi-eye, but this is not it. Lol. This kid is going up for sale. :D (My plan is to buy a multi-eye and have the bio say that the eyes are just jewels they've pasted on themselves, and then drawn pupils on to freak people out.) Anyway. That's my month. SHOW US YOUR DRAGONS
Phew! July was wild, y'all. I rewrote a book (which added almost 68 pages to it) and launched it, worked on four separate short stories (one of which I finished), launched a Kickstarter campaign, and got in 21K on the novel I'm ACTUALLY working on. Which was my CampNaNo project, and I failed of the goal by 9000 words. *cries slow tear*

But hey, I launched a book, so not too many of those tears. And the Kickstarter's going well. *pleased*

This month I'm going to send out all the Kickstarter prizes (and finish two of those shorts, since three of them were stretch goal prizes), finish the novel, because it should only have about 30K left in it, and fail to rest on my laurels a lot. Because resting on laurels means no grocery money, and no food = sad jaguar.

I keep buying dragons, y'all. This is not good. I must purge majorly soon, because I doubt the hibernal den is going to show up in time to save me. *sadface*

Also, look at this monstrosity I just hatched!

43928598_350.png

I want a multi-eye, but this is not it. Lol. This kid is going up for sale. :D

(My plan is to buy a multi-eye and have the bio say that the eyes are just jewels they've pasted on themselves, and then drawn pupils on to freak people out.)

Anyway. That's my month. SHOW US YOUR DRAGONS

Well, hello again.

Back at Uni myself. Still plodding along editing and trying to progress with my novel. At the very least I already have the first assessment task done because the teacher is fine with me just resubmitting what I had for my first attempt at the unit when it was over-assessed.

The funny thing is, I find myself wanting to do an analysis on the symbolism in Prospero Burns as well instead of taking the reprieve and focusing on my editing...
Well, hello again.

Back at Uni myself. Still plodding along editing and trying to progress with my novel. At the very least I already have the first assessment task done because the teacher is fine with me just resubmitting what I had for my first attempt at the unit when it was over-assessed.

The funny thing is, I find myself wanting to do an analysis on the symbolism in Prospero Burns as well instead of taking the reprieve and focusing on my editing...
'Why are you frowning?' -Temeraire's first words.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
Hello! I have a thing to ask/enthuse about, hope it's appropriate here? I'm not a good writer, published, anything, I just like stories and writing :D I am challenging myself to write an antihero character in my latest story, anyone have any good literature recommendations (or even film etc) which have antiheroes they'd recommend that I could track down and read/watch/ponder over as research? :D
Hello! I have a thing to ask/enthuse about, hope it's appropriate here? I'm not a good writer, published, anything, I just like stories and writing :D I am challenging myself to write an antihero character in my latest story, anyone have any good literature recommendations (or even film etc) which have antiheroes they'd recommend that I could track down and read/watch/ponder over as research? :D
dfUnMqs.gif7XI1FUO.pngwE7J1TW.pngq6Eeqsk.pngdfUnMqs.gif
[/url]
Aaaa hello again! ;w; I can't remember if I shared last time about my breeding projects, especially with how long it's been (I'm so sorry I never reply aaaaa </3), but I have some dragons I've been working on to hopefully help me flesh out my clan lore a lot more and even got some info for them thought up already! Firstly, I present [b]Scribble[/b], the scribe! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39210365][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/392104/39210365_350.png[/img][/url] Scribble is largely in love with studying other creatures, plants and animals alike, as well as even his own clanmates. He often jots down notes about the habits and desires of those around him, unintentionally eavesdropping a majority of the time. He's rather quiet and reserved because he believes the most important part in a conversation is listening. There's a lot to be learned if you just listen~ Because of how invested he is in his study, he learned a bit of magic and created (will create...) a living notes dragon! This will be [b]Scrawl[/b]! I'm currently working to breed her, but I'm extremely excited! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/382732052287717377/455588235935219713/scrawl.png[/img] She's a collection of parchment brought to life by Scribble, and she keeps notes on the overall clan lore. She prefers to live in the library, surrounded by books and scrolls she and the clan's ancestors have written and left to the future generations. She and her trusty Eyewing companion are often found reading through many of the library's writings, looking for a deeper understanding of who their clan is and where they came from.
Aaaa hello again! ;w; I can't remember if I shared last time about my breeding projects, especially with how long it's been (I'm so sorry I never reply aaaaa </3), but I have some dragons I've been working on to hopefully help me flesh out my clan lore a lot more and even got some info for them thought up already!

Firstly, I present Scribble, the scribe!
39210365_350.png
Scribble is largely in love with studying other creatures, plants and animals alike, as well as even his own clanmates. He often jots down notes about the habits and desires of those around him, unintentionally eavesdropping a majority of the time. He's rather quiet and reserved because he believes the most important part in a conversation is listening. There's a lot to be learned if you just listen~
Because of how invested he is in his study, he learned a bit of magic and created (will create...) a living notes dragon!

This will be Scrawl! I'm currently working to breed her, but I'm extremely excited!
scrawl.png
She's a collection of parchment brought to life by Scribble, and she keeps notes on the overall clan lore. She prefers to live in the library, surrounded by books and scrolls she and the clan's ancestors have written and left to the future generations. She and her trusty Eyewing companion are often found reading through many of the library's writings, looking for a deeper understanding of who their clan is and where they came from.
*~*~*~*~*
Previously
Morichinatsu
*~*~*~*~*
FBJNgPs.png 8eLgwHU.png tuKAvP2.png 8a4I5lk.png FBJNgPs.png
I
VlDJnIY.png
polar
bears
and
jmrzRk7.pngs
@micahjaguar [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26343997] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/263440/26343997_350.png[/img] [/url] Nothing special but just revising some stuff and I got a Job at a Local Supermarket nothing special So to make up for it her is my First Egg Find Generation 1 Fire Dragon Ember. She possesses The Forgefire The First Breath of The Flamecaller when she came to existence. With it her she can bend fire, Bend Lava, and when she was found her Egg was shining Blue not Red and she has the Tert as proof...its her birthmark. She can cast Blue Fire but she prefers the traditional way to cast fire magic. P.S Is that Boi still available?
@micahjaguar

26343997_350.png

Nothing special but just revising some stuff and I got a Job at a Local Supermarket nothing special
So to make up for it her is my First Egg Find Generation 1 Fire Dragon Ember.
She possesses The Forgefire The First Breath of The Flamecaller when she came to existence.
With it her she can bend fire, Bend Lava, and when she was found her Egg was shining Blue not Red and she has the Tert as proof...its her birthmark.
She can cast Blue Fire but she prefers the traditional way to cast fire magic.
P.S Is that Boi still available?
ZPHN6ju.png
@micahjaguar Hmmm, one dragon...I haven't completed one of my own dragons bios in ages. Who should it be? [i]clicks through lair, uninspired....[/i] There! Fortuna! I will work on her this month! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8410978] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/84110/8410978_350.png[/img] [/url] Ahh, August. July was busy with Camp Nano for our region (our entire cabin WON!), as well as the angst of sending my baby manuscript to beta readers. This month is all about incorporating the changes from my discussion with the beta crew, and get this book ready for...the second book to be worked on. lol I am following the Sterling & Stone method of having three books ready to pop out, every couple months, to take advantage of the marketing and promotional aspects to skyrocket to fame! Ehem, to sell to more than just my fam and friends. sigh. So July is: [LIST] [*]Beta Reader Edits on Dockside Murder: Sunset Cottages Mysteries Book 1 [*]Book 2 Storyline work [*]Steampunk Character Profiles and outlining [*]Geek Kon! Madison, WI. [/LIST] Forgive me working this out in my head and post, lol
@micahjaguar

Hmmm, one dragon...I haven't completed one of my own dragons bios in ages. Who should it be? clicks through lair, uninspired.... There! Fortuna! I will work on her this month!

8410978_350.png

Ahh, August. July was busy with Camp Nano for our region (our entire cabin WON!), as well as the angst of sending my baby manuscript to beta readers. This month is all about incorporating the changes from my discussion with the beta crew, and get this book ready for...the second book to be worked on. lol I am following the Sterling & Stone method of having three books ready to pop out, every couple months, to take advantage of the marketing and promotional aspects to skyrocket to fame! Ehem, to sell to more than just my fam and friends. sigh.

So July is:
  • Beta Reader Edits on Dockside Murder: Sunset Cottages Mysteries Book 1
  • Book 2 Storyline work
  • Steampunk Character Profiles and outlining
  • Geek Kon! Madison, WI.

Forgive me working this out in my head and post, lol
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
Wow can't believe its August already. I'm still stuck on a fairly large part of my lore that sound like it wouldn't be that big a deal, but it kinda is haha. I recently got two dragons accepted as a subspecies and I'm so excited to write their lore, I just gotta wait for the weekend tho when I have time to sit for hours to just plunk away at it. As for dragons I [i]finally[/i] found my Lightning rep. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43469412] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/434695/43469412_350.png[/img] [/url] Took forever finding the right gen one but look at his scry! Primary isn't dark like I wanted but it looks good! Plus I don't have to fork over enough gems for 3 gem genes like I initially thought for the rep. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=22&bodygene=10&breed=5&element=5&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=117&tertgene=6&winggene=4&wings=176&auth=9c7298851c9be25fbe551027843d9e31b4f0f6f2&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Wow can't believe its August already. I'm still stuck on a fairly large part of my lore that sound like it wouldn't be that big a deal, but it kinda is haha.

I recently got two dragons accepted as a subspecies and I'm so excited to write their lore, I just gotta wait for the weekend tho when I have time to sit for hours to just plunk away at it.

As for dragons I finally found my Lightning rep.

43469412_350.png

Took forever finding the right gen one but look at his scry! Primary isn't dark like I wanted but it looks good! Plus I don't have to fork over enough gems for 3 gem genes like I initially thought for the rep.

dragon?age=1&body=22&bodygene=10&breed=5&element=5&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=117&tertgene=6&winggene=4&wings=176&auth=9c7298851c9be25fbe551027843d9e31b4f0f6f2&dummyext=prev.png
hANn2C0.gif
@CatkinStarchild
Depending on how you'd like your antihero served, I have a couple of options for you, off the top of my head, they are realistic magical fantasy though.

The Sandman Slim series by Richard Kadrey.

This series is about James Stark, who was sent to Hell alive by his cohort of friends, who didn't think the ritual would actually work. While in hell, he survived by basically becoming a demon -on-demon hitman, then he got back to earth to take revenge on the "friends" who'd sent him to hell. And along the way gets involved in a plot to stop the Apocalypse.

Also by Kadrey is the much funnier Another Coop Heist series, starting with The Everything Box . This book book reminds me so much of Christopher Moore's writing it's a great fantasy/humor fix now that the master Pratchett is gone.

Your main character here is named Coop, who is immune to magical spells, and is a specialist in stealing magical things. He gets a job right out of prison (from which he was sprung early under suspicious circumstances) to steal a box. Said box is also being hunted by the angel of office supplies, who wants to use it to destroy humanity and get a promotion from being said angel of office supplies.

Another good anti-hero for you is Jane Charlotte, the protagonist of Bad Monkeys by Matt Ruff. Her entire thing is she's part of an organization that fights evil, by killing said evil people, her branch being called "The Department for the Final Disposition of Irredemable Persons", which their Department for Optimal Utilization of Resources and Personnel" aka Cost-Benefits determines is irredeemably unsaveable. Unfortunately, that's also the sort of thing that lands you in jail for murder.

My Personal Favorite Antihero, however, is Vladimir Taltos, of Steven Brust's Drageran Cycle fame. He literally is an assassin, commissioned and paid for, his murders are sometimes high-profile, and sometimes he's manipulated into them. He holds grudges, is snarky as hell, is an excellent cook and is a great deal of fun to read.

The Dragaeran Cycle.... is complicated though. My recommendation is to read the books in publication order FIRST, then go back and read them in the chronological order if you're so inclined. Brust is an extremely talented and skilled author regarding call-backs and foreshadowing, even if you do try to read in chronological order. But it's just not as much fun that way and you miss the relationship intricacies because you don't have to ponder them.

centering text Publication Order

Jhereg (1983)
Yendi (1984)
Teckla (1987)
Taltos (1988)
Phoenix (1990)
Athyra (1993)
Orca (1996)
Dragon (1998)
Issola (2001)
Dzur (2006)
Jhegaala (2008)
Iorich (2010)
Tiassa (2011)
Hawk (2014)
Vallista (2017)

centering text Chronological Order
Jhereg, prologue (1983)
Taltos (1988)
Dragon, main chapters (1998)
Yendi (1984)
Dragon, interludes (1998)
Tiassa, section 1 (2011)
Jhereg, main chapters (1983)
Teckla (1987)
Phoenix (1990)
Jhegaala (2008)
Athyra (1993)
Orca (1996)
Issola (2001)
Dzur (2006)
Tiassa, section 2 (2011)
Iorich (2010)
Tiassa, section 3 (2011)
Vallista (2017)
Hawk (2014)

In other news, I am finally back up and running again. My electricity's back, the roof is back on, and I have Internet. Now all I need is a better job, so fingers crossed I get accepted into that Doctoral work-study program.
@CatkinStarchild
Depending on how you'd like your antihero served, I have a couple of options for you, off the top of my head, they are realistic magical fantasy though.

The Sandman Slim series by Richard Kadrey.

This series is about James Stark, who was sent to Hell alive by his cohort of friends, who didn't think the ritual would actually work. While in hell, he survived by basically becoming a demon -on-demon hitman, then he got back to earth to take revenge on the "friends" who'd sent him to hell. And along the way gets involved in a plot to stop the Apocalypse.

Also by Kadrey is the much funnier Another Coop Heist series, starting with The Everything Box . This book book reminds me so much of Christopher Moore's writing it's a great fantasy/humor fix now that the master Pratchett is gone.

Your main character here is named Coop, who is immune to magical spells, and is a specialist in stealing magical things. He gets a job right out of prison (from which he was sprung early under suspicious circumstances) to steal a box. Said box is also being hunted by the angel of office supplies, who wants to use it to destroy humanity and get a promotion from being said angel of office supplies.

Another good anti-hero for you is Jane Charlotte, the protagonist of Bad Monkeys by Matt Ruff. Her entire thing is she's part of an organization that fights evil, by killing said evil people, her branch being called "The Department for the Final Disposition of Irredemable Persons", which their Department for Optimal Utilization of Resources and Personnel" aka Cost-Benefits determines is irredeemably unsaveable. Unfortunately, that's also the sort of thing that lands you in jail for murder.

My Personal Favorite Antihero, however, is Vladimir Taltos, of Steven Brust's Drageran Cycle fame. He literally is an assassin, commissioned and paid for, his murders are sometimes high-profile, and sometimes he's manipulated into them. He holds grudges, is snarky as hell, is an excellent cook and is a great deal of fun to read.

The Dragaeran Cycle.... is complicated though. My recommendation is to read the books in publication order FIRST, then go back and read them in the chronological order if you're so inclined. Brust is an extremely talented and skilled author regarding call-backs and foreshadowing, even if you do try to read in chronological order. But it's just not as much fun that way and you miss the relationship intricacies because you don't have to ponder them.

centering text Publication Order

Jhereg (1983)
Yendi (1984)
Teckla (1987)
Taltos (1988)
Phoenix (1990)
Athyra (1993)
Orca (1996)
Dragon (1998)
Issola (2001)
Dzur (2006)
Jhegaala (2008)
Iorich (2010)
Tiassa (2011)
Hawk (2014)
Vallista (2017)

centering text Chronological Order
Jhereg, prologue (1983)
Taltos (1988)
Dragon, main chapters (1998)
Yendi (1984)
Dragon, interludes (1998)
Tiassa, section 1 (2011)
Jhereg, main chapters (1983)
Teckla (1987)
Phoenix (1990)
Jhegaala (2008)
Athyra (1993)
Orca (1996)
Issola (2001)
Dzur (2006)
Tiassa, section 2 (2011)
Iorich (2010)
Tiassa, section 3 (2011)
Vallista (2017)
Hawk (2014)

In other news, I am finally back up and running again. My electricity's back, the roof is back on, and I have Internet. Now all I need is a better job, so fingers crossed I get accepted into that Doctoral work-study program.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
1 2 3 4 5 6