Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Gathering Updates
1 2 ... 170 171 172 173 174 ... 177 178
YaHOOO
YaHOOO
Don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, as I can't search 172 pages for it XD But there seems to be a small typo on the new Pollen item. Sorry if this has already been pointed out! It probably has XD

@Undel
Don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, as I can't search 172 pages for it XD But there seems to be a small typo on the new Pollen item. Sorry if this has already been pointed out! It probably has XD

@Undel
AS7TELA.png sEBxtxA.png Sawyer | 24 | He/him sEBxtxA.png
[quote name="Nabesima" date=2016-06-18 13:29:43] @Kalvin It's also a question of trust, actually. If the admins return items they said they'd never return, some people, including me, would never trust their words again, and would probably immediately leave. And there is no way to just freeze the prices. Add 10 Light Sprites to the system at once, and their price will go down 20-30% just because most people will try to sell them, and then undercutting happens... I think you got my logic here. At the same time, once admins say that they return some old item, people would panic and try to sell it (and other items because, as I said, who would trust them again?) before the price falls. Yet again, undercutting would crush the retired items market really quickly. I heard some stories about games economics duying because of return of limited items. I would hate FR becoming one of these. [/quote] having been around on aywas, khimeros, wajas, sonas, leyaph, gryffs, aluriya... (the list goes on), trust me, what kills a site faster than "breaking promises about limited items" is keeping things that only a handful of people could get locked in the vaults. There's always going to be haves and have-nots on any game with an economy, but the idea is to counteract a class system forming, not encouraging it. Oh it'll occur on its' own, but when those lines form among a small, elite number having the shiny things and the rest scrounging for scraps, you engineer a toxic environment. and then the game dies because games are meant to be fun, not a mirror of the soul-sucking existence of the drudgery everyone experiences every day. Also as time goes on, it really stops being fun for the haves too, since sympathy tends to favor the underdog in the court of public opinion. "awww muffin, that limited item is only worth a thousand times more than what you did to get it. Yeah, let's cry for you over jimmie newbie who scrapes for every bit of currency they can." It doesn't come out... balanced, does it? And I say this as someone who had (and sold for waaay over what i did to get the item) a light sprite, and still has the rest of the sprite set. So yeah, a seasonal thing like this is nice and helps counteract the effect, but also I'd like to see some of the older items come back in too, even if it's in skill, luck, or artistry-based contests. Keeping them out of rotation entirely makes the staff appear mush-mouthed, "oh we want achievable goals.... otherthanthisbecausetherichplayerswillyellatus". The site won't die if one or two more light sprites enter the marketplace a year (compared to HOW many new users per year?), compared to if we get a toxic, elitist sandbox that nobody wants to play in.
Nabesima wrote on 2016-06-18:
@Kalvin
It's also a question of trust, actually. If the admins return items they said they'd never return, some people, including me, would never trust their words again, and would probably immediately leave.
And there is no way to just freeze the prices. Add 10 Light Sprites to the system at once, and their price will go down 20-30% just because most people will try to sell them, and then undercutting happens... I think you got my logic here. At the same time, once admins say that they return some old item, people would panic and try to sell it (and other items because, as I said, who would trust them again?) before the price falls. Yet again, undercutting would crush the retired items market really quickly.
I heard some stories about games economics duying because of return of limited items. I would hate FR becoming one of these.

having been around on aywas, khimeros, wajas, sonas, leyaph, gryffs, aluriya... (the list goes on), trust me, what kills a site faster than "breaking promises about limited items" is keeping things that only a handful of people could get locked in the vaults.

There's always going to be haves and have-nots on any game with an economy, but the idea is to counteract a class system forming, not encouraging it. Oh it'll occur on its' own, but when those lines form among a small, elite number having the shiny things and the rest scrounging for scraps, you engineer a toxic environment.

and then the game dies because games are meant to be fun, not a mirror of the soul-sucking existence of the drudgery everyone experiences every day.

Also as time goes on, it really stops being fun for the haves too, since sympathy tends to favor the underdog in the court of public opinion. "awww muffin, that limited item is only worth a thousand times more than what you did to get it. Yeah, let's cry for you over jimmie newbie who scrapes for every bit of currency they can." It doesn't come out... balanced, does it? And I say this as someone who had (and sold for waaay over what i did to get the item) a light sprite, and still has the rest of the sprite set.

So yeah, a seasonal thing like this is nice and helps counteract the effect, but also I'd like to see some of the older items come back in too, even if it's in skill, luck, or artistry-based contests. Keeping them out of rotation entirely makes the staff appear mush-mouthed, "oh we want achievable goals.... otherthanthisbecausetherichplayerswillyellatus".

The site won't die if one or two more light sprites enter the marketplace a year (compared to HOW many new users per year?), compared to if we get a toxic, elitist sandbox that nobody wants to play in.
Ooh redesigned sprites would be cool like with Boolean and Sparkling Stinger
Ooh redesigned sprites would be cool like with Boolean and Sparkling Stinger
mercy_winged_victory_by_sciencenomenclature-dbmxt2p.pngwebp_net_resizeimage_by_sciencenomenclature-dbm36b4.png
Aaaah! I love the retirement plan! I've missed out on so many wonderful skins, accents, and items simply because I didn't start playing early enough, or because I was taking a break. Thanks, FR team :)
Aaaah! I love the retirement plan! I've missed out on so many wonderful skins, accents, and items simply because I didn't start playing early enough, or because I was taking a break. Thanks, FR team :)
AHHHHHHHHHH oily Babi dinosaur
AHHHHHHHHHH oily Babi dinosaur

FM-84

Infused Crystal
be chill
*Interflight Mafia Hub
*Lands of the Mistspinner
she/her | FR +0
Na7B6bN.gif8C0EiQk.gifKRyQ72d.gifOssXf63.gifftusvnH.gifkjbIgye.gif
"So many knees..." I'm crying
"So many knees..." I'm crying
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
Jeeeeeej
Jeeeeeej
@Dinology You can find the Typos Megathread here in Bug Reports. :)
@Dinology You can find the Typos Megathread here in Bug Reports. :)
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.

If anyone wants one of these new Baldwin items, but lacks the level, I brew stuff for free if you supply the items needed!

If anyone wants one of these new Baldwin items, but lacks the level, I brew stuff for free if you supply the items needed!
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!