Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Gathering Updates
1 2 ... 169 170 171 172 173 ... 177 178
@Nabesima I agree with some of what you said. But on the other hand, these things will cost even more in the next year or two. It would be great if new users still had a shot at getting them. Lets make it hard, sure, but not impossible.
If there was a way to release a very small amount of 2013 items every once in a while the prices would be stable and no one would be screwed over. Not saying it has to happen through these chests, but it would be great if staff thought about it.
@Nabesima I agree with some of what you said. But on the other hand, these things will cost even more in the next year or two. It would be great if new users still had a shot at getting them. Lets make it hard, sure, but not impossible.
If there was a way to release a very small amount of 2013 items every once in a while the prices would be stable and no one would be screwed over. Not saying it has to happen through these chests, but it would be great if staff thought about it.
@Nabesina Do you not think it's a betrayal of trust to announce that there's going to be a way for new players to collect old items, then for them to basically say "Sorry, the oldest and most prohibitably expensive of them don't count! You should've figured out time travel if you wanted one without paying the equivalent to hundreds or even thousands of dollars in real money."?

LITERALLY NO ONE IS ASKING FOR THE MARKET TO BE FLOODED. We just don't want to rely on people like dictating a constantly decreasing supply because the ONLY way to get these things is when collectors decide to sell them.
@Nabesina Do you not think it's a betrayal of trust to announce that there's going to be a way for new players to collect old items, then for them to basically say "Sorry, the oldest and most prohibitably expensive of them don't count! You should've figured out time travel if you wanted one without paying the equivalent to hundreds or even thousands of dollars in real money."?

LITERALLY NO ONE IS ASKING FOR THE MARKET TO BE FLOODED. We just don't want to rely on people like dictating a constantly decreasing supply because the ONLY way to get these things is when collectors decide to sell them.
@ative
I'm just confused when people say things like "impossible" about obtaining these items. I know a person who joined back when Nature Sprites were 400k. In two or three months of dragon selling and item relisting, this person had 15 Nature and 15 Water Sprites. No buying gems, no drawing accents or selling art. Just smart use of the AH and breeding trending dragons.
There is another person I know who just relists items on AH, playing with desirable items (trade or brewing materials, for example), and can earn from 500k to a couple of millions a day. All while working btw, they're not a no-lifer or anything like this.

My point is: it is not impossible to collect all of these items. Even when we're talking about KS items, it may he harder to find a seller than collecting 300k+ gems - but KS items are a whole other story anyway. Light Sprites and Sunchaser Jewelry are always on AH, and there are often sellers on forums who are willing to go below AH prices. There are many, many ways of earning treasure and gems in this game. Hell, I got 2,3 million treasure and 3k gems from familiar bonding in the last 6 months. The number would be even higher if I sold the chests tbh, I just enjoy opening them. In fact, you can get about 7 million treasure from selling chests from 100 familiars. And that's just one very easy (but slow) way of earning.

"Lets make it hard, sure, but not impossible." - it's pretty much what we have now. In five years the situation will change, of course, but this is when we can start worrying about it... and when we'll see the result of this chest, because all future festival items will pretty much have a fixed price from now on, taking the inflation advantage from newer people. Will that be bad or good for the economy? Eh, idk, I suggest waiting.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh - this is a painful topic for me, since the return of old festival items is my #1 FR fear. I can't really enjoy the game for the last couple of days because the whole "include the old items in the chest" talk makes me super-nervous about my hard-earned hoard :'D I need a break I guess.
@ative
I'm just confused when people say things like "impossible" about obtaining these items. I know a person who joined back when Nature Sprites were 400k. In two or three months of dragon selling and item relisting, this person had 15 Nature and 15 Water Sprites. No buying gems, no drawing accents or selling art. Just smart use of the AH and breeding trending dragons.
There is another person I know who just relists items on AH, playing with desirable items (trade or brewing materials, for example), and can earn from 500k to a couple of millions a day. All while working btw, they're not a no-lifer or anything like this.

My point is: it is not impossible to collect all of these items. Even when we're talking about KS items, it may he harder to find a seller than collecting 300k+ gems - but KS items are a whole other story anyway. Light Sprites and Sunchaser Jewelry are always on AH, and there are often sellers on forums who are willing to go below AH prices. There are many, many ways of earning treasure and gems in this game. Hell, I got 2,3 million treasure and 3k gems from familiar bonding in the last 6 months. The number would be even higher if I sold the chests tbh, I just enjoy opening them. In fact, you can get about 7 million treasure from selling chests from 100 familiars. And that's just one very easy (but slow) way of earning.

"Lets make it hard, sure, but not impossible." - it's pretty much what we have now. In five years the situation will change, of course, but this is when we can start worrying about it... and when we'll see the result of this chest, because all future festival items will pretty much have a fixed price from now on, taking the inflation advantage from newer people. Will that be bad or good for the economy? Eh, idk, I suggest waiting.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh - this is a painful topic for me, since the return of old festival items is my #1 FR fear. I can't really enjoy the game for the last couple of days because the whole "include the old items in the chest" talk makes me super-nervous about my hard-earned hoard :'D I need a break I guess.
KmnIjfw.png
@Feliciano Noone said that there will be a way to obtain old (2013-2014) items, so no, I don't see a problem here. At the very top of this part of the update there is written "June 2016 - May 2017 Holiday Retirement Plan". Note the "June 2016 - May 2017" part. This is in no way a betrayal of trust, it's more like "seeing only what you'd like to see". [quote]We just don't want to rely on people like dictating a constantly decreasing supply because the ONLY way to get these things is when collectors decide to sell them.[/quote] The only way to avoid that is by making the item unlimited and set a fixed price on it, removing any element of inflation. Using inflation and prices fluctuation is a way of playing for many of us - why taking this away from those who enjoy it?
@Feliciano
Noone said that there will be a way to obtain old (2013-2014) items, so no, I don't see a problem here. At the very top of this part of the update there is written "June 2016 - May 2017 Holiday Retirement Plan". Note the "June 2016 - May 2017" part. This is in no way a betrayal of trust, it's more like "seeing only what you'd like to see".
Quote:
We just don't want to rely on people like dictating a constantly decreasing supply because the ONLY way to get these things is when collectors decide to sell them.
The only way to avoid that is by making the item unlimited and set a fixed price on it, removing any element of inflation. Using inflation and prices fluctuation is a way of playing for many of us - why taking this away from those who enjoy it?
KmnIjfw.png
[quote name="Nabesima" date=2016-06-18 15:07:21] The only way to avoid that is by making the item unlimited and set a fixed price on it, removing any element of inflation. Using inflation and prices fluctuation is a way of playing for many of us - why taking this away from those who enjoy it? [/quote] But that's it. New players can't play like that, the items that they can get will not have that advantage. But old players with pre-Joxar spare inventory will continue to have that. And prices in the range of millions of treasure or hundreds of thousands or gems aren't enjoyable - unless one plans of making fr gameplay a career given the time needed or spending thousands or dollars here.
Nabesima wrote on 2016-06-18:

The only way to avoid that is by making the item unlimited and set a fixed price on it, removing any element of inflation. Using inflation and prices fluctuation is a way of playing for many of us - why taking this away from those who enjoy it?

But that's it. New players can't play like that, the items that they can get will not have that advantage. But old players with pre-Joxar spare inventory will continue to have that. And prices in the range of millions of treasure or hundreds of thousands or gems aren't enjoyable - unless one plans of making fr gameplay a career given the time needed or spending thousands or dollars here.

OcyPyoj.png
I think not having Joxar's Spare Inventory at all would be preferable than not having the oldest, rare-only-because-time-travel-is-needed-to collect-them items not included.
I think not having Joxar's Spare Inventory at all would be preferable than not having the oldest, rare-only-because-time-travel-is-needed-to collect-them items not included.
OcyPyoj.png
@nabesima I'm not sure what exactly you're afraid of here. If you looked at current markets, natures sprites alone are now more than 200k more than your given example. Inflation is not only constant but steep and its only going to continue as such. You talk as if making sprites slightly more obtainable to newer players would be a direct slight to you when, in all honesty you probably received them at a rate that would be far lower than anyone could even hope for right now. Is it technically possible to obtain the sprites right now? Yes, if you're willing to put forward all your time and earnings on this site towards it for a long time frame. In fact, lets do the math, shall we?

If I decided today that I wanted to earn a light sprite without spending any outside currency, I would be looking to save up 45000 gems LAH. According to you I could do this purely through the auction house, but as a newer player I don't have much int he way of liquidating items, so I'm going to do this through selling my dragons. Fodder price for an adult is 10k treasure and maybe if I get lucky someone will buy a pretty one for more, so lets average my revenue at 12k per dragon with the current gem exchange rate being at about 1:800t. Treasure wise I would need to make 36000000 treasure which would mean selling around 3000 dragons. Now, if I want to actually make this profit margin, I can't be buying these dragons I'm selling, so I'm going to be only selling the fodder that I have personally hatched and raised. Lets say I have 5 nests with an average of 3 eggs per nest with a wait time of 6 days on each nest. So we're looking at approximately 15 dragons a week with a 2 week start up period since after birth I need to hold and feed these dragons for 5 days before I can sell them giving me a weeks revenue of approximately 180000t. Altogether, if I kept on this plan it would take me 200 weeks to reach my goal meaning I would be able to afford a light sprite priced today in just under 4 years.

TLDR: By the time a new player could earn enough money for a light sprite on this sight without using outside finances, the sprite would probably no longer be able to be purchased since they would no longer be available outside of private collection. THIS is why having a small trickle of the sprites back into the market is wanted by so many people and WHY this is in no way a slight to you or anyone else who has one. With all due respect, you're thinking about this with a very self-centered mindset where you'd rather no one else be able to get this just so that you can feel special for being a member a little bit longer than them.
@nabesima I'm not sure what exactly you're afraid of here. If you looked at current markets, natures sprites alone are now more than 200k more than your given example. Inflation is not only constant but steep and its only going to continue as such. You talk as if making sprites slightly more obtainable to newer players would be a direct slight to you when, in all honesty you probably received them at a rate that would be far lower than anyone could even hope for right now. Is it technically possible to obtain the sprites right now? Yes, if you're willing to put forward all your time and earnings on this site towards it for a long time frame. In fact, lets do the math, shall we?

If I decided today that I wanted to earn a light sprite without spending any outside currency, I would be looking to save up 45000 gems LAH. According to you I could do this purely through the auction house, but as a newer player I don't have much int he way of liquidating items, so I'm going to do this through selling my dragons. Fodder price for an adult is 10k treasure and maybe if I get lucky someone will buy a pretty one for more, so lets average my revenue at 12k per dragon with the current gem exchange rate being at about 1:800t. Treasure wise I would need to make 36000000 treasure which would mean selling around 3000 dragons. Now, if I want to actually make this profit margin, I can't be buying these dragons I'm selling, so I'm going to be only selling the fodder that I have personally hatched and raised. Lets say I have 5 nests with an average of 3 eggs per nest with a wait time of 6 days on each nest. So we're looking at approximately 15 dragons a week with a 2 week start up period since after birth I need to hold and feed these dragons for 5 days before I can sell them giving me a weeks revenue of approximately 180000t. Altogether, if I kept on this plan it would take me 200 weeks to reach my goal meaning I would be able to afford a light sprite priced today in just under 4 years.

TLDR: By the time a new player could earn enough money for a light sprite on this sight without using outside finances, the sprite would probably no longer be able to be purchased since they would no longer be available outside of private collection. THIS is why having a small trickle of the sprites back into the market is wanted by so many people and WHY this is in no way a slight to you or anyone else who has one. With all due respect, you're thinking about this with a very self-centered mindset where you'd rather no one else be able to get this just so that you can feel special for being a member a little bit longer than them.
Mimmy's Familiar Mart! JdImn7O.gif
@Mimmy Welp, it didn't take long before somebody called me self-centered for worrying about the gameplay of several thousands of people, did it? Please note that I'm not sitting on items I bought with festival currency back in 2013. I missed Light festival and didn't invest in some first ones while being a newbie. I spent over 100k gems on Light items alone, and I still buy these things at current prices. The average price of my dragons is about 50k. The person I talked about before, the one who joined in 2015, sells their dragons for 100k+ since the first week of their gameplay. And yes, they do sell. So your example of exalt fodder (anything below 20k is pretty much an exalt fodder) is not the best one. If the person is able to understand the market trends, you can divide this time by 5-10. Add Coliseum grinding, familiar bonding, Baldwin materials selling - these green ingredients sell [i]very[/i] well during festivals - maybe some art selling if you can do that, trading for items from other games, fairgrounds... it is possible to save up MUCH faster than in four years. People do that if they want the item enough. And that's only one Sprite, the rarest one. [quote]and WHY this is in no way a slight to you or anyone else who has one[/quote] Let me disagree. I can absolutely undenrstand this situation - I do not have any KS items. Or a Boolean. Good lord I want one, it's one of my biggest FR dreams, aside from Adventure mode and accent layering. Alas, it is far out of my reach with its price of over 800k gems... I think? It's so rare that it's been a while since I've seen any sellers. Why didn't I join the Beta? Well, only because I didn't know about it. Pretty much like a newbie didn't know about FR in 2013-2015. I also missed lots of limited accents because I didn't know about them. And it's fine. It's fair. It's how the game works. Some people came first and got things that are rare. Admins said several times that these items will not come back. The lack of a Boolean, Cloudy Wings, Light Sprite or Sunchaser Jewelry will hurt the player as much as the lack of a Leafy Moth - it will not. Returning Boolean, Cloudy Wings, Light Sprite or Sunchaser Jewelry, however, will hurt lots of people.
@Mimmy
Welp, it didn't take long before somebody called me self-centered for worrying about the gameplay of several thousands of people, did it?
Please note that I'm not sitting on items I bought with festival currency back in 2013. I missed Light festival and didn't invest in some first ones while being a newbie. I spent over 100k gems on Light items alone, and I still buy these things at current prices.
The average price of my dragons is about 50k. The person I talked about before, the one who joined in 2015, sells their dragons for 100k+ since the first week of their gameplay. And yes, they do sell. So your example of exalt fodder (anything below 20k is pretty much an exalt fodder) is not the best one. If the person is able to understand the market trends, you can divide this time by 5-10. Add Coliseum grinding, familiar bonding, Baldwin materials selling - these green ingredients sell very well during festivals - maybe some art selling if you can do that, trading for items from other games, fairgrounds... it is possible to save up MUCH faster than in four years. People do that if they want the item enough.
And that's only one Sprite, the rarest one.
Quote:
and WHY this is in no way a slight to you or anyone else who has one
Let me disagree. I can absolutely undenrstand this situation - I do not have any KS items. Or a Boolean. Good lord I want one, it's one of my biggest FR dreams, aside from Adventure mode and accent layering. Alas, it is far out of my reach with its price of over 800k gems... I think? It's so rare that it's been a while since I've seen any sellers.
Why didn't I join the Beta? Well, only because I didn't know about it. Pretty much like a newbie didn't know about FR in 2013-2015. I also missed lots of limited accents because I didn't know about them. And it's fine. It's fair. It's how the game works. Some people came first and got things that are rare. Admins said several times that these items will not come back. The lack of a Boolean, Cloudy Wings, Light Sprite or Sunchaser Jewelry will hurt the player as much as the lack of a Leafy Moth - it will not. Returning Boolean, Cloudy Wings, Light Sprite or Sunchaser Jewelry, however, will hurt lots of people.
KmnIjfw.png
Eh, I'm out of discussion. It's pointless both ways, but once words like "seld-centered" start to appear, even if we're talking about two giant groups of players, it becomes too stressing.
I wish admins would just ignore the topic of retired items and leave the system most players were fine with. Now there's no way back I guess, we won't have any new retired festival things :/ Much fun, huh.
Eh, I'm out of discussion. It's pointless both ways, but once words like "seld-centered" start to appear, even if we're talking about two giant groups of players, it becomes too stressing.
I wish admins would just ignore the topic of retired items and leave the system most players were fine with. Now there's no way back I guess, we won't have any new retired festival things :/ Much fun, huh.
KmnIjfw.png
Like the new additions..

now we have to wait a year for the new chest.. well time to save until then
:)
Like the new additions..

now we have to wait a year for the new chest.. well time to save until then
:)
Sing with all the voices of the Mountain... ..
light_banner.png Light Sprite Sunbeam Ursa Sunbeam Soldier Shining Goblin light_banner.png
Paint with all the Colors of the Rainbow...
1 2 ... 169 170 171 172 173 ... 177 178