Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Gathering Updates
1 2 ... 168 169 170 171 172 ... 177 178
[quote name="ative" date=2016-06-18 02:14:46] I don;t understand why items from 2013 should not be available through joxar's chests, as the problem mentioned in the post mainly concerns them. [/quote] Because not only them, but any items that are noted as "retired" will keep this title. Stop making this all about the Sprites - the elementals from 2015-2016 won't be in the chests as well because admins promised that. Once the item goes in this list, there is no point of return without changing the item's title as a retired item. That would be the same as making Coatls a Plentiful breed. Admins stated that even if every single Imperial on site is gone, the scrolls won't come back. Dragons are a way bigger part of the game, so I don't see why should retired items work any different way. And here's the reason why I don't think this chest is a good idea: we won't have any new retired festival items. [b]Ever[/b]. Apparel, familiars, vistas and skins won't retire anymore, resulting in some fixed maximum price for these items. Why is that a problem? Well, it's because even in five years from now, items from 2016-2017 festival cycle won't cost much more than this chest's price. As a result, all players who joined after the last Nature festival won't have a chance to invest in retired items as well as we did... unless they buy the older ones. The gap between the older festival items and the future ones just became much, much bigger.
ative wrote on 2016-06-18:
I don;t understand why items from 2013 should not be available through joxar's chests, as the problem mentioned in the post mainly concerns them.
Because not only them, but any items that are noted as "retired" will keep this title. Stop making this all about the Sprites - the elementals from 2015-2016 won't be in the chests as well because admins promised that. Once the item goes in this list, there is no point of return without changing the item's title as a retired item. That would be the same as making Coatls a Plentiful breed.

Admins stated that even if every single Imperial on site is gone, the scrolls won't come back. Dragons are a way bigger part of the game, so I don't see why should retired items work any different way.

And here's the reason why I don't think this chest is a good idea: we won't have any new retired festival items. Ever. Apparel, familiars, vistas and skins won't retire anymore, resulting in some fixed maximum price for these items. Why is that a problem? Well, it's because even in five years from now, items from 2016-2017 festival cycle won't cost much more than this chest's price. As a result, all players who joined after the last Nature festival won't have a chance to invest in retired items as well as we did... unless they buy the older ones. The gap between the older festival items and the future ones just became much, much bigger.
KmnIjfw.png
I'm very happy with the new vistas. :3
I'm very happy with the new vistas. :3
[quote name="Cometarmagon" date=2016-06-17 21:22:06] [quote name="QueenCheetah93" date=2016-06-16 22:05:51] [quote name="Peixes" date=2016-06-16 18:44:48] @Rhi don't forget that part of it isn't just the hard work people put into early festival items-- when the Coliseum was even more buggy and barely anyone had a level 25 team and the site lagged so bad there were daily pockets of downtime and the staff had to extend holidays. That's part of it, and that's a big part of why these items are so rare. But the other (and imo, bigger) thing is that, by this point, many people have spent a lot of time and effort saving up for these collectible items. People have sunk hours and hours of their time into getting together millions of treasure to obtain Sprites, with the expectation that they would never be released, and I think it would be a slap in the face to suddenly start trickling these items into the economy and relatively tanking their value. [/quote] I've heard this argument a couple times, and I'm finally going to put in my two cents on the matter as someone who joined after 2013 and scrimped and saved for sprites. Almost all of the people suggesting the addition of older items are doing so to stabilize the market- not make these items common. When I got my ice sprite, I paid almost 2mill treasure on top of expensive items. Now, the cheapest on the AH is 4 million. And that is a lower priced sprite. People who have them are selling them at exorbitant prices because they can, and every successive generation doesn't just have to "buckle up and work hard" like I did. They have to work twice as, sometimes triply hard for the same dang thing. Now I can sit on my pedestal and complain about how rereleasing these items will make my hard work mean any less than it did when I bought it (It won't). Or how my fancy status symbol is now a dime a dozen (they won't be) OR I can remember how nice it feels to own these items, and have a tangible chance at achieving these goals, and afford future players the same fun game elements that I enjoyed. Anything else is just me being petty. And if they go down in price and someone gets a sprite for less than I did? Good for them. Really! My efforts at a time should not permanently influence the market, especially if it negatively impacts the game for others. I worked hard. And they will work hard. But most importantly we all enjoy flight rising as a game. It may not be here in 5 or 10 years. This battle over 500$ pixels could mean nothing. So let these current players have a tangible [i]possible[/i] goal to work towards now, or in the near future. Enjoy the game and let others enjoy the same experience that you were afforded. Just, most of us are adults or at least teens here. So let's stop acting like kids in a sandbox that would rather knock down everyone's sand castle because we got a bit of sand in our pants building ours. If it wasn't obvious, I'm all for the addition of the sprites in the chests at low rates. It's not just fair. It's smart economics based on limited supply vs demand (as someone who just took college business class) [/quote] [/quote]
Cometarmagon wrote on 2016-06-17:
QueenCheetah93 wrote on 2016-06-16:
Peixes wrote on 2016-06-16:
@Rhi don't forget that part of it isn't just the hard work people put into early festival items-- when the Coliseum was even more buggy and barely anyone had a level 25 team and the site lagged so bad there were daily pockets of downtime and the staff had to extend holidays. That's part of it, and that's a big part of why these items are so rare.

But the other (and imo, bigger) thing is that, by this point, many people have spent a lot of time and effort saving up for these collectible items. People have sunk hours and hours of their time into getting together millions of treasure to obtain Sprites, with the expectation that they would never be released, and I think it would be a slap in the face to suddenly start trickling these items into the economy and relatively tanking their value.

I've heard this argument a couple times, and I'm finally going to put in my two cents on the matter as someone who joined after 2013 and scrimped and saved for sprites.

Almost all of the people suggesting the addition of older items are doing so to stabilize the market- not make these items common. When I got my ice sprite, I paid almost 2mill treasure on top of expensive items. Now, the cheapest on the AH is 4 million. And that is a lower priced sprite.

People who have them are selling them at exorbitant prices because they can, and every successive generation doesn't just have to "buckle up and work hard" like I did. They have to work twice as, sometimes triply hard for the same dang thing.

Now I can sit on my pedestal and complain about how rereleasing these items will make my hard work mean any less than it did when I bought it (It won't).

Or how my fancy status symbol is now a dime a dozen (they won't be)

OR I can remember how nice it feels to own these items, and have a tangible chance at achieving these goals, and afford future players the same fun game elements that I enjoyed. Anything else is just me being petty. And if they go down in price and someone gets a sprite for less than I did?

Good for them. Really! My efforts at a time should not permanently influence the market, especially if it negatively impacts the game for others. I worked hard. And they will work hard. But most importantly we all enjoy flight rising as a game.

It may not be here in 5 or 10 years. This battle over 500$ pixels could mean nothing. So let these current players have a tangible possible goal to work towards now, or in the near future. Enjoy the game and let others enjoy the same experience that you were afforded.

Just, most of us are adults or at least teens here. So let's stop acting like kids in a sandbox that would rather knock down everyone's sand castle because we got a bit of sand in our pants building ours.

If it wasn't obvious, I'm all for the addition of the sprites in the chests at low rates. It's not just fair. It's smart economics based on limited supply vs demand (as someone who just took college business class)
p9LLFVh.png Wishlist c55Bvd2.png a9TTUxz.gif
[quote name="Nabesima" date=2016-06-18 08:37:31] [quote name="ative" date=2016-06-18 02:14:46] I don;t understand why items from 2013 should not be available through joxar's chests, as the problem mentioned in the post mainly concerns them. [/quote] Because not only them, but any items that are noted as "retired" will keep this title. Stop making this all about the Sprites - the elementals from 2015-2016 won't be in the chests as well because admins promised that. Once the item goes in this list, there is no point of return without changing the item's title as a retired item. That would be the same as making Coatls a Plentiful breed. Admins stated that even if every single Imperial on site is gone, the scrolls won't come back. Dragons are a way bigger part of the game, so I don't see why should retired items work any different way. [/quote] @Nabesima Where did I say anything about Sprites? I meant apparel too. And rules are made by these people, if they wanted they [b]could[/b] bring them back. It's really not such a big deal. It's not a huge complaint though, I'm sorry that all these items are so expensive and forever out of my reach, but that's about it.
Nabesima wrote on 2016-06-18:
ative wrote on 2016-06-18:
I don;t understand why items from 2013 should not be available through joxar's chests, as the problem mentioned in the post mainly concerns them.
Because not only them, but any items that are noted as "retired" will keep this title. Stop making this all about the Sprites - the elementals from 2015-2016 won't be in the chests as well because admins promised that. Once the item goes in this list, there is no point of return without changing the item's title as a retired item. That would be the same as making Coatls a Plentiful breed.

Admins stated that even if every single Imperial on site is gone, the scrolls won't come back. Dragons are a way bigger part of the game, so I don't see why should retired items work any different way.

@Nabesima Where did I say anything about Sprites? I meant apparel too. And rules are made by these people, if they wanted they could bring them back. It's really not such a big deal.
It's not a huge complaint though, I'm sorry that all these items are so expensive and forever out of my reach, but that's about it.
@ative
I didn't mean you specifically, sorry. People just mention Sprites more often than anything else.
Of course they could if they wanted to. They could also give Booleans to everyone, if they wanted to. Or delete deities and replace them with giant godlike kittens. I mean, it's their site. But obviously they don't want to screw over thousands of players who did save up and buy older items. I spent about 100k gems on old festival items, I earned that by drawing accents, that took me several months of selling and several dozens of hours of drawing said accents. And there are many, many players who spent this much (and more) time, effort or even RL currency to get old items. It is a big deal if you actually worked for these items.
My philosophy in this case is: if I don't want to save up, I don't want or/and need the item enough. Because really, even if we take all Sprites, Elementals and all "big" apparel from three years of festivals - it's still just 5% of all familiars and 2,3% of all existing apparel in the game. It's such a tiny part of all the things that this game offers.
@ative
I didn't mean you specifically, sorry. People just mention Sprites more often than anything else.
Of course they could if they wanted to. They could also give Booleans to everyone, if they wanted to. Or delete deities and replace them with giant godlike kittens. I mean, it's their site. But obviously they don't want to screw over thousands of players who did save up and buy older items. I spent about 100k gems on old festival items, I earned that by drawing accents, that took me several months of selling and several dozens of hours of drawing said accents. And there are many, many players who spent this much (and more) time, effort or even RL currency to get old items. It is a big deal if you actually worked for these items.
My philosophy in this case is: if I don't want to save up, I don't want or/and need the item enough. Because really, even if we take all Sprites, Elementals and all "big" apparel from three years of festivals - it's still just 5% of all familiars and 2,3% of all existing apparel in the game. It's such a tiny part of all the things that this game offers.
KmnIjfw.png
We're not going to be seeing any of the really old stuff. People sink a good amount of real money into buying gems to get the retired stuff, so it would be a terrible idea to release them when the site can get a nice chunk of cash from that alone.
We're not going to be seeing any of the really old stuff. People sink a good amount of real money into buying gems to get the retired stuff, so it would be a terrible idea to release them when the site can get a nice chunk of cash from that alone.
[quote name="QueenCheetah93" date=2016-06-16 22:05:51] [quote name="Peixes" date=2016-06-16 18:44:48] @Rhi don't forget that part of it isn't just the hard work people put into early festival items-- when the Coliseum was even more buggy and barely anyone had a level 25 team and the site lagged so bad there were daily pockets of downtime and the staff had to extend holidays. That's part of it, and that's a big part of why these items are so rare. But the other (and imo, bigger) thing is that, by this point, many people have spent a lot of time and effort saving up for these collectible items. People have sunk hours and hours of their time into getting together millions of treasure to obtain Sprites, with the expectation that they would never be released, and I think it would be a slap in the face to suddenly start trickling these items into the economy and relatively tanking their value. [/quote] I've heard this argument a couple times, and I'm finally going to put in my two cents on the matter as someone who joined after 2013 and scrimped and saved for sprites. Almost all of the people suggesting the addition of older items are doing so to stabilize the market- not make these items common. When I got my ice sprite, I paid almost 2mill treasure on top of expensive items. Now, the cheapest on the AH is 4 million. And that is a lower priced sprite. People who have them are selling them at exorbitant prices because they can, and every successive generation doesn't just have to "buckle up and work hard" like I did. They have to work twice as, sometimes triply hard for the same dang thing. Now I can sit on my pedestal and complain about how rereleasing these items will make my hard work mean any less than it did when I bought it (It won't). Or how my fancy status symbol is now a dime a dozen (they won't be) OR I can remember how nice it feels to own these items, and have a tangible chance at achieving these goals, and afford future players the same fun game elements that I enjoyed. Anything else is just me being petty. And if they go down in price and someone gets a sprite for less than I did? Good for them. Really! My efforts at a time should not permanently influence the market, especially if it negatively impacts the game for others. I worked hard. And they will work hard. But most importantly we all enjoy flight rising as a game. It may not be here in 5 or 10 years. This battle over 500$ pixels could mean nothing. So let these current players have a tangible [i]possible[/i] goal to work towards now, or in the near future. Enjoy the game and let others enjoy the same experience that you were afforded. Just, most of us are adults or at least teens here. So let's stop acting like kids in a sandbox that would rather knock down everyone's sand castle because we got a bit of sand in our pants building ours. If it wasn't obvious, I'm all for the addition of the sprites in the chests at low rates. It's not just fair. It's smart economics based on limited supply vs demand (as someone who just took college business class) [/quote] As someone who joined after the sprites were released and busted her bum to save up enough for 10/11 sprites, I agree completely with the sentiments expressed here by QueenCheetah93. I don't think the admins are going to change their decision, but I would wholeheartedly support it if they did.
QueenCheetah93 wrote on 2016-06-16:
Peixes wrote on 2016-06-16:
@Rhi don't forget that part of it isn't just the hard work people put into early festival items-- when the Coliseum was even more buggy and barely anyone had a level 25 team and the site lagged so bad there were daily pockets of downtime and the staff had to extend holidays. That's part of it, and that's a big part of why these items are so rare.

But the other (and imo, bigger) thing is that, by this point, many people have spent a lot of time and effort saving up for these collectible items. People have sunk hours and hours of their time into getting together millions of treasure to obtain Sprites, with the expectation that they would never be released, and I think it would be a slap in the face to suddenly start trickling these items into the economy and relatively tanking their value.

I've heard this argument a couple times, and I'm finally going to put in my two cents on the matter as someone who joined after 2013 and scrimped and saved for sprites.

Almost all of the people suggesting the addition of older items are doing so to stabilize the market- not make these items common. When I got my ice sprite, I paid almost 2mill treasure on top of expensive items. Now, the cheapest on the AH is 4 million. And that is a lower priced sprite.

People who have them are selling them at exorbitant prices because they can, and every successive generation doesn't just have to "buckle up and work hard" like I did. They have to work twice as, sometimes triply hard for the same dang thing.

Now I can sit on my pedestal and complain about how rereleasing these items will make my hard work mean any less than it did when I bought it (It won't).

Or how my fancy status symbol is now a dime a dozen (they won't be)

OR I can remember how nice it feels to own these items, and have a tangible chance at achieving these goals, and afford future players the same fun game elements that I enjoyed. Anything else is just me being petty. And if they go down in price and someone gets a sprite for less than I did?

Good for them. Really! My efforts at a time should not permanently influence the market, especially if it negatively impacts the game for others. I worked hard. And they will work hard. But most importantly we all enjoy flight rising as a game.

It may not be here in 5 or 10 years. This battle over 500$ pixels could mean nothing. So let these current players have a tangible possible goal to work towards now, or in the near future. Enjoy the game and let others enjoy the same experience that you were afforded.

Just, most of us are adults or at least teens here. So let's stop acting like kids in a sandbox that would rather knock down everyone's sand castle because we got a bit of sand in our pants building ours.

If it wasn't obvious, I'm all for the addition of the sprites in the chests at low rates. It's not just fair. It's smart economics based on limited supply vs demand (as someone who just took college business class)

As someone who joined after the sprites were released and busted her bum to save up enough for 10/11 sprites, I agree completely with the sentiments expressed here by QueenCheetah93. I don't think the admins are going to change their decision, but I would wholeheartedly support it if they did.
|______________| OOL8tGM.gif |___| }FR+0
she/her
|___| FEJeTed.gif
[quote name="@Nabesima" date=2016-06-18 11:48:34] [...] But obviously they don't want to screw over thousands of players who did save up and buy older items. I spent about 100k gems on old festival items, I earned that by drawing accents, that took me several months of selling and several dozens of hours of drawing said accents. And there are many, many players who spent this much (and more) time, effort or even RL currency to get old items. It is a big deal if you actually worked for these items. My philosophy in this case is: if I don't want to save up, I don't want or/and need the item enough. Because really, even if we take all Sprites, Elementals and all "big" apparel from three years of festivals - it's still just 5% of all familiars and 2,3% of all existing apparel in the game. It's such a tiny part of all the things that this game offers. [/quote] Though most people don't want the old festival items to become cheap, but want that they don't go extinct and become as unobtainable as the Boolian or Cloudy Wings. It's a bit sad to always see the argument that people want everything for free just because they ask for a reintroduction of the sprites. .-. Because if that's done right (not like the bears) the staff could manage to keep the old festival items at their current price so people in one year have to work the same amount as the people now who want to buy a 2013 festival item.
@Nabesima wrote on 2016-06-18:
[...] But obviously they don't want to screw over thousands of players who did save up and buy older items. I spent about 100k gems on old festival items, I earned that by drawing accents, that took me several months of selling and several dozens of hours of drawing said accents. And there are many, many players who spent this much (and more) time, effort or even RL currency to get old items. It is a big deal if you actually worked for these items.

Though most people don't want the old festival items to become cheap, but want that they don't go extinct and become as unobtainable as the Boolian or Cloudy Wings.

It's a bit sad to always see the argument that people want everything for free just because they ask for a reintroduction of the sprites. .-.
Because if that's done right (not like the bears) the staff could manage to keep the old festival items at their current price so people in one year have to work the same amount as the people now who want to buy a 2013 festival item.
banner: Kalvin's Skins and Accents light icon lightning icon earth icon nature icon

he/him
FR+9

light icon lightning icon earth icon nature icon
nature banner floating in wind
Whooo, so cool! Thanks a lot! <3
Whooo, so cool! Thanks a lot! <3
@Kalvin
It's also a question of trust, actually. If the admins return items they said they'd never return, some people, including me, would never trust their words again, and would probably immediately leave.
And there is no way to just freeze the prices. Add 10 Light Sprites to the system at once, and their price will go down 20-30% just because most people will try to sell them, and then undercutting happens... I think you got my logic here. At the same time, once admins say that they return some old item, people would panic and try to sell it (and other items because, as I said, who would trust them again?) before the price falls. Yet again, undercutting would crush the retired items market really quickly.
I heard some stories about games economics duying because of return of limited items. I would hate FR becoming one of these.
@Kalvin
It's also a question of trust, actually. If the admins return items they said they'd never return, some people, including me, would never trust their words again, and would probably immediately leave.
And there is no way to just freeze the prices. Add 10 Light Sprites to the system at once, and their price will go down 20-30% just because most people will try to sell them, and then undercutting happens... I think you got my logic here. At the same time, once admins say that they return some old item, people would panic and try to sell it (and other items because, as I said, who would trust them again?) before the price falls. Yet again, undercutting would crush the retired items market really quickly.
I heard some stories about games economics duying because of return of limited items. I would hate FR becoming one of these.
KmnIjfw.png
1 2 ... 168 169 170 171 172 ... 177 178