Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Gathering Updates
1 2 ... 171 172 173 174 175 ... 177 178
The Bonepickers are really neat :0 I have to start Scavenging more
The Bonepickers are really neat :0 I have to start Scavenging more
TCw0WzC.gif
So basically, next year you can pay 90k for a random holiday item from this year... You cant get sprites... Or sashes... Or any of the cool items that are really expensive?
So basically, next year you can pay 90k for a random holiday item from this year... You cant get sprites... Or sashes... Or any of the cool items that are really expensive?
~~~~tumblr_p6xvexhw2Q1w8xkufo7_250.png~~~~
ooh my! so great!
ooh my! so great!
44099384.png 72929880.png
[quote name="Prophecy" date=2016-06-19 08:40:33] So basically, next year you can pay 90k for a random holiday item from this year... You cant get sprites... Or sashes... Or any of the cool items that are really expensive? [/quote] Seems so, so its only good for the people joining right now :/
Prophecy wrote on 2016-06-19:

Seems so, so its only good for the people joining right now :/
To9iQ.gif GL7NJ.gif 6bDvf.gif fwwSt.gif z446X.gif
Love new vistas :)
Love new vistas :)
[quote name="Prophecy" date=2016-06-19 08:40:33] So basically, next year you can pay 90k for a random holiday item from this year... You cant get sprites... Or sashes... Or any of the cool items that are really expensive? [/quote] @Prophecy - Yup. Unfair, right?
Prophecy wrote on 2016-06-19:

@Prophecy -

Yup. Unfair, right?
z0d96Tv.png peri, he/him
adult
fr time
quitting/gone
Once again FR, you have out done yourself. This is a great idea! :D I love it!
Once again FR, you have out done yourself. This is a great idea! :D I love it!
Just as a note for everyone, the admins did NOT say they will be unretiring items. This will only start with items coming out this june, and will have no effect on sprites or bears that were gained from before. They understand the value of players such as myself who have been here since the beginning and they do not wish to devalue our loyalty. I see a lot of people worrying about that, and wanted to help clear it up! ^_^ They said this towards the bottom of the post, so perhaps people just missed it.
Just as a note for everyone, the admins did NOT say they will be unretiring items. This will only start with items coming out this june, and will have no effect on sprites or bears that were gained from before. They understand the value of players such as myself who have been here since the beginning and they do not wish to devalue our loyalty. I see a lot of people worrying about that, and wanted to help clear it up! ^_^ They said this towards the bottom of the post, so perhaps people just missed it.
o dang,,,, need me them familiars
o dang,,,, need me them familiars
CtM8cLF.png
*glances around*
I actually think the spare chests may be a good idea - it may not look like it right now, but in the far future, it'll be pretty neat! Sure, when it's implemented, almost everyone on here will already have the new familiars/vistas/etc. But say this stays - and FR remains popular, as I hope it should - for 5 years, and people will leave and come back with the times. And all these new people will have this chance to pick up a chest with an item from, let's say, 4 years ago. There will still be room for people to sell their items (and as players become inactive, the pool becomes lower), as they can't hope to get them all with just chests, but it's a neat mechanic to use. As for right now, it doesn't seem like much, but even then, I think it's nice that we know of this change and can mull over it - rather than it being introduced in the middle of everything, and potentially everyone getting mad that their items are now 'nonretired' as they were.
As for the sprites, I think it's just fine they stay retired. I'm sure everyone would like the chance to have a sprite - I have a friend who makes so much treasure on FR, and she always bemoans she will never get the sprite from her flight (the most elusive one, of course). Would I like the sprites I don't have? Sure. But they were retired, and I'm fine with them staying that way! I'm impressed by those people that went through all that effort to get them after they were released, and sometimes it was a feat in itself to get it when it was even in circulation. It will always be a goal to reach, despite how many years go by and whatever mechanics they implement in the future. The staff had a hard choice to make when announcing these chests, and I think they gave the best of both worlds this way (by no longer completely retiring everything, but keeping the initial stuff as it was). It was clearly tough, and I don't think everyone would have been happy either way. But retired is retired, and at least we know now that this year's stuff will still pop up now and then! So kudos to the staff and moderators for thinking of this!
.... on a side note, I love those bonepicker familiars! I need both of them ASAP! :)
*glances around*
I actually think the spare chests may be a good idea - it may not look like it right now, but in the far future, it'll be pretty neat! Sure, when it's implemented, almost everyone on here will already have the new familiars/vistas/etc. But say this stays - and FR remains popular, as I hope it should - for 5 years, and people will leave and come back with the times. And all these new people will have this chance to pick up a chest with an item from, let's say, 4 years ago. There will still be room for people to sell their items (and as players become inactive, the pool becomes lower), as they can't hope to get them all with just chests, but it's a neat mechanic to use. As for right now, it doesn't seem like much, but even then, I think it's nice that we know of this change and can mull over it - rather than it being introduced in the middle of everything, and potentially everyone getting mad that their items are now 'nonretired' as they were.
As for the sprites, I think it's just fine they stay retired. I'm sure everyone would like the chance to have a sprite - I have a friend who makes so much treasure on FR, and she always bemoans she will never get the sprite from her flight (the most elusive one, of course). Would I like the sprites I don't have? Sure. But they were retired, and I'm fine with them staying that way! I'm impressed by those people that went through all that effort to get them after they were released, and sometimes it was a feat in itself to get it when it was even in circulation. It will always be a goal to reach, despite how many years go by and whatever mechanics they implement in the future. The staff had a hard choice to make when announcing these chests, and I think they gave the best of both worlds this way (by no longer completely retiring everything, but keeping the initial stuff as it was). It was clearly tough, and I don't think everyone would have been happy either way. But retired is retired, and at least we know now that this year's stuff will still pop up now and then! So kudos to the staff and moderators for thinking of this!
.... on a side note, I love those bonepicker familiars! I need both of them ASAP! :)
1 2 ... 171 172 173 174 175 ... 177 178