Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Arlo: select whether to reset plots
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
Based on the reports of the first players to uncover items, uncovered plots reset automatically.

That means that RNG picks and Research Notes can immediately waste themselves not only on items you don’t want, but items you don’t want AND already have.

I think this needs rethinking.
Based on the reports of the first players to uncover items, uncovered plots reset automatically.

That means that RNG picks and Research Notes can immediately waste themselves not only on items you don’t want, but items you don’t want AND already have.

I think this needs rethinking.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
...I thought that uncovered plots stay uncovered, that's why I thought to work one of my plots fully before moving to others. But if the plots "re-cover" themselves, then there's no more point of using targeted tools until there's exactly the same number of tools and empty spaces; frankly, using targeted tools is even detrimental to my goal of getting only one of each item. If true, then support.
...I thought that uncovered plots stay uncovered, that's why I thought to work one of my plots fully before moving to others. But if the plots "re-cover" themselves, then there's no more point of using targeted tools until there's exactly the same number of tools and empty spaces; frankly, using targeted tools is even detrimental to my goal of getting only one of each item. If true, then support.
JQQ3Fjt.png
I can get behind this, but only on plots that have already been unlocked at least once. Otherwise players may choose to resist all plots except one or who (the genes for example) and defeat the purpose of RNG in attempting to keep some kind of rarity to them
I can get behind this, but only on plots that have already been unlocked at least once. Otherwise players may choose to resist all plots except one or who (the genes for example) and defeat the purpose of RNG in attempting to keep some kind of rarity to them
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Support, with an expectation that it would probably come with caveats for balancing.

I don't think this would be implemented in a way that would allow you to run through (for example) just the genes over and over without working on the familiars or apparel (though I wouldn't be opposed to that). But as someone who prioritises familiars I would like to be able to not be working on a second round of those familiars once I move onto my first shot at the other stuff.
Support, with an expectation that it would probably come with caveats for balancing.

I don't think this would be implemented in a way that would allow you to run through (for example) just the genes over and over without working on the familiars or apparel (though I wouldn't be opposed to that). But as someone who prioritises familiars I would like to be able to not be working on a second round of those familiars once I move onto my first shot at the other stuff.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
Absolutely support. I assumed this would be how it worked- if you uncovered the plot, you got to keep the pretty picture and a higher likelihood of getting the other things until you *chose* to reset it. But... we all know the saying about how "assume" is spelled...

I do get how this is going to seem like a way to break the game; maybe as a compromise, you always have to have X number of plots open? So you can't ONLY have the genes or apparel, you have to have like... idk, 5 open or whatever. But on the other hand... it's gonna be really frustrating to have only one thing left to do and all your picks roll into doubles.
Absolutely support. I assumed this would be how it worked- if you uncovered the plot, you got to keep the pretty picture and a higher likelihood of getting the other things until you *chose* to reset it. But... we all know the saying about how "assume" is spelled...

I do get how this is going to seem like a way to break the game; maybe as a compromise, you always have to have X number of plots open? So you can't ONLY have the genes or apparel, you have to have like... idk, 5 open or whatever. But on the other hand... it's gonna be really frustrating to have only one thing left to do and all your picks roll into doubles.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Especially since one's a Vista and there's no point in having more than one of those, even over familiars.

I don't want to waste my materials on familiars/the vista once I have them.
Support, please.

Especially since one's a Vista and there's no point in having more than one of those, even over familiars.

I don't want to waste my materials on familiars/the vista once I have them.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
support.
i had hoped we would be able to choose whether to reset the plot or not. very frustrating and disappointing that this may not be the case. i for one want 8 bajillion of the red triceratop but i also want to complete the other plots first! and come back for my army of triceratopses later. it will be much less frustrating and grindy to get more control over arlo, especially since so much of this feature is so heavily RNG based already.
support.
i had hoped we would be able to choose whether to reset the plot or not. very frustrating and disappointing that this may not be the case. i for one want 8 bajillion of the red triceratop but i also want to complete the other plots first! and come back for my army of triceratopses later. it will be much less frustrating and grindy to get more control over arlo, especially since so much of this feature is so heavily RNG based already.
CtM8cLF.png librariesrpunk
FR +3
aka Ghost
irregular_nekomata.png
I... hoped they would stay finished unless we choose to reset them D:

Support, I really don't need several copies of familiars or vista. I'm disappointed now that I've been spending my magnifiers on a familiar.
I... hoped they would stay finished unless we choose to reset them D:

Support, I really don't need several copies of familiars or vista. I'm disappointed now that I've been spending my magnifiers on a familiar.
Wow. This is a terrible way for it to work.

They should be reset manually.

Except I guess when you've uncovered them all, then I guess they can get automatically reset?

EDIT: I've kind of changed my mind about this actually.
Wow. This is a terrible way for it to work.

They should be reset manually.

Except I guess when you've uncovered them all, then I guess they can get automatically reset?

EDIT: I've kind of changed my mind about this actually.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
There definitely shouldn't be an automatic reset before we have uncovered everything once. Or at least make the notes / rugged work prioritize uncovered plots if there is a forced reset.
There definitely shouldn't be an automatic reset before we have uncovered everything once. Or at least make the notes / rugged work prioritize uncovered plots if there is a forced reset.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25