Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Arlo: select whether to reset plots
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
I would have at least hoped it would only do that after we uncover everything once. Like someone else said on page one, this just makes targeted tools feel a bit less useful. I would like if you could only reset after all plots are uncovered, which is how I assumed it would work. Or at least until you got halfway done.
I would have at least hoped it would only do that after we uncover everything once. Like someone else said on page one, this just makes targeted tools feel a bit less useful. I would like if you could only reset after all plots are uncovered, which is how I assumed it would work. Or at least until you got halfway done.
Heavily disappointed that this is how this works. Given the level of RNG involved in this activity (mustering, the amount of items received from mustering, the randomness of where the pickaxe and notes help), this makes trying to achieve a specific plot excruciatingly difficult. It's already difficult as it is. There should be a manual reset button to reset each plot you want to redo. I think with the amount of time it takes to unlock each of these items for the first time, and then each subsequent time (again, there is randomness in each step), these items will hold their value pretty well.
Heavily disappointed that this is how this works. Given the level of RNG involved in this activity (mustering, the amount of items received from mustering, the randomness of where the pickaxe and notes help), this makes trying to achieve a specific plot excruciatingly difficult. It's already difficult as it is. There should be a manual reset button to reset each plot you want to redo. I think with the amount of time it takes to unlock each of these items for the first time, and then each subsequent time (again, there is randomness in each step), these items will hold their value pretty well.
uCR5SCW.png
[quote name="Monkeyboy34" date="2022-02-09 07:48:57" ] That being said, any mechanism to reset plots would have to be very limited or it would allow for too many of the item to go into circulations (especially the genes), which could reduce their value to the point where players no longer feel as much of a need to use Arlo, which likely isn't something that the devs want to do. [/quote] Idk, to me it seems better to just let people get the extra copies of things they actually want from Arlo instead of making them fish those out of the pool of things they have no need of, and having lots of genes on the market is... fine? I mean, we have extremely cheap coli ones that used to be rare at first, and it's ok. I do agree that in order to manage lock/unlock function, the player must complete the digsite once, but after that? idk, to me it will just cause annoyance and frustration, seeing that we only need 1 familiar and vista per account, while we might need lots of genes, apparel and scenes, and getting enough extra copies of those might end up very difficult if the other digsites keep resetting and pickaxes keep getting wasted on the fifth vista digsite when you couldn't sell even the third one... And that's not counting the fact that there will be more digsites later so rng would be spread even further.
Monkeyboy34 wrote on 2022-02-09 07:48:57:
That being said, any mechanism to reset plots would have to be very limited or it would allow for too many of the item to go into circulations (especially the genes), which could reduce their value to the point where players no longer feel as much of a need to use Arlo, which likely isn't something that the devs want to do.
Idk, to me it seems better to just let people get the extra copies of things they actually want from Arlo instead of making them fish those out of the pool of things they have no need of, and having lots of genes on the market is... fine? I mean, we have extremely cheap coli ones that used to be rare at first, and it's ok.

I do agree that in order to manage lock/unlock function, the player must complete the digsite once, but after that? idk, to me it will just cause annoyance and frustration, seeing that we only need 1 familiar and vista per account, while we might need lots of genes, apparel and scenes, and getting enough extra copies of those might end up very difficult if the other digsites keep resetting and pickaxes keep getting wasted on the fifth vista digsite when you couldn't sell even the third one...
And that's not counting the fact that there will be more digsites later so rng would be spread even further.
I'd rather if once you'd uncovered all of the sites they all reset ?
I'd rather if once you'd uncovered all of the sites they all reset ?
The problem with resetting everything together, and only after everything has been uncovered, is that if you wanted three of one item you would need two of everything else in order to get the resets. Whether you wanted the other things or not.
The problem with resetting everything together, and only after everything has been uncovered, is that if you wanted three of one item you would need two of everything else in order to get the resets. Whether you wanted the other things or not.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
Support for manual reset. Uncovering one plot should make it so tools are used on other plots that haven't been uncovered.

That's the way I thought it worked, truthfully. Finishing plots means resources work on covered ones until all are uncovered. Once all are uncovered, you could reset it if you wanted.

Edit: Apparently plots only reset when you collect the item. Maybe waiting to clear plots until all items are collectable is the manual reset.
Support for manual reset. Uncovering one plot should make it so tools are used on other plots that haven't been uncovered.

That's the way I thought it worked, truthfully. Finishing plots means resources work on covered ones until all are uncovered. Once all are uncovered, you could reset it if you wanted.

Edit: Apparently plots only reset when you collect the item. Maybe waiting to clear plots until all items are collectable is the manual reset.
5M41Txb.png 5u7Rre4.png
MAJOR SUPPORT for the digsite only resetting after ALL items have been claimed.

...However, no support for being able to choose whether something resets at all, as I believe it goes counter to the intended rarity of these items for us to be able to focus down on a single plot per digsite which can be rapidly cycled through repeatedly. (Sure, the items don't go far when spread across an entire digsite, but if you could pour all of them into a single plot every day? It would get silly fast, and rapidly depreciate the value of the items—even the consumables, like genes.)

In either case, it's clear that there will need to be some rethinking (or at least written clarification from the staff) on how sending research notes works once more than one digsite is available.

...Also, this is making me think that perhaps there needs to be some rethinking of the current Vista system, as the difference in value between your first copy of a vista and literally any other copy is a little absurd.
MAJOR SUPPORT for the digsite only resetting after ALL items have been claimed.

...However, no support for being able to choose whether something resets at all, as I believe it goes counter to the intended rarity of these items for us to be able to focus down on a single plot per digsite which can be rapidly cycled through repeatedly. (Sure, the items don't go far when spread across an entire digsite, but if you could pour all of them into a single plot every day? It would get silly fast, and rapidly depreciate the value of the items—even the consumables, like genes.)

In either case, it's clear that there will need to be some rethinking (or at least written clarification from the staff) on how sending research notes works once more than one digsite is available.

...Also, this is making me think that perhaps there needs to be some rethinking of the current Vista system, as the difference in value between your first copy of a vista and literally any other copy is a little absurd.
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
Totally support! That was very dissupointing that plot covered automatically. And in future everything get worst when tools will randomized between ALL levels plots (not only 1-t as it is now)
Totally support! That was very dissupointing that plot covered automatically. And in future everything get worst when tools will randomized between ALL levels plots (not only 1-t as it is now)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
yes please!! i wish the plots would stay uncovered until you had EVERYTHING from the dig site. then it can reset and be worked again. but as it is, it's going to be frustrating to have our picks and notes applied to plots we've already finished at least once, instead of making progress toward the other items we don't have yet!!
yes please!! i wish the plots would stay uncovered until you had EVERYTHING from the dig site. then it can reset and be worked again. but as it is, it's going to be frustrating to have our picks and notes applied to plots we've already finished at least once, instead of making progress toward the other items we don't have yet!!
79645518.png81164874.png81260751.png81324635.png
honestly I don't see the issue with just resetting single plots once the dig is complete.

You can grind for coli genes and rare drops and the RNG gate to those is high enough that they do retain value. You can choose to brew certain genes in Baldwin and the time/material cost is high enough to retain its value.

With Arlo, more items will be added, so the probability of EVERYONE all grinding only one or two plots enough to flood the market is low. This is a pixel dragon game and if i want to only reset my plot to get a red triceratop over and over so be it. The tools are already RNG gated and have a pretty significant time gate. I think a single plot reset is fine.
honestly I don't see the issue with just resetting single plots once the dig is complete.

You can grind for coli genes and rare drops and the RNG gate to those is high enough that they do retain value. You can choose to brew certain genes in Baldwin and the time/material cost is high enough to retain its value.

With Arlo, more items will be added, so the probability of EVERYONE all grinding only one or two plots enough to flood the market is low. This is a pixel dragon game and if i want to only reset my plot to get a red triceratop over and over so be it. The tools are already RNG gated and have a pretty significant time gate. I think a single plot reset is fine.
CtM8cLF.png librariesrpunk
FR +3
aka Ghost
d971ff4fb5409d1fb0212bbaea2b9cd73d65cd84.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25