Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Arlo: select whether to reset plots
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
Ho dang I thought we were gonna be excavating the whole site and then the whole site refreshes. If I’d known we weren’t I might have used my magnifying glasses differently haha :P

My knee jerk reaction is to want this to change, but thinking in terms of longevity I’m not as sure… it could be that people may WANT to excavate the same hole over and over. But I guess the suggestion did say SELECT whether to reset plots and not do it or don’t do it automatically ;P

So yeah I seem to be landing on supporting this ;)
Ho dang I thought we were gonna be excavating the whole site and then the whole site refreshes. If I’d known we weren’t I might have used my magnifying glasses differently haha :P

My knee jerk reaction is to want this to change, but thinking in terms of longevity I’m not as sure… it could be that people may WANT to excavate the same hole over and over. But I guess the suggestion did say SELECT whether to reset plots and not do it or don’t do it automatically ;P

So yeah I seem to be landing on supporting this ;)
Perhaps the ability to choose a prioritised plot?

Forcing a full clear to reset the board every time will make it incredibly long-winded for anyone wanting, say, multiple genes.
Letting the user reset a tile when they please is far too abuseable to even be considerable.
Prioritising uncleared tiles only works the first time: go back to a dig after it's been cleared already and it's the exact same issue, we can't get what we want.
And prioritising uncleared tiles with a forced full clear solves none of the issues that has.

So letting the player choose a plot the random tools are more likely to select allows us to make it slightly easier to get what we want, while also not locking us into days spent getting multiple useless vistas because we just want two dragons with the genes.
Perhaps the ability to choose a prioritised plot?

Forcing a full clear to reset the board every time will make it incredibly long-winded for anyone wanting, say, multiple genes.
Letting the user reset a tile when they please is far too abuseable to even be considerable.
Prioritising uncleared tiles only works the first time: go back to a dig after it's been cleared already and it's the exact same issue, we can't get what we want.
And prioritising uncleared tiles with a forced full clear solves none of the issues that has.

So letting the player choose a plot the random tools are more likely to select allows us to make it slightly easier to get what we want, while also not locking us into days spent getting multiple useless vistas because we just want two dragons with the genes.
Support, please FR gods, this is pain.
Support, please FR gods, this is pain.
natureshieldl.pngPlease PM if I missed your ping.natureshieldr.png
As a stopgap measure, don't claim your prizes until you've cleared the whole thing. Tedious.. but that's what should work for now. (and I guess that could be gamed, only claim the things you want to reset)
As a stopgap measure, don't claim your prizes until you've cleared the whole thing. Tedious.. but that's what should work for now. (and I guess that could be gamed, only claim the things you want to reset)
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I agree this needs rethinking if that's the case.
I agree this needs rethinking if that's the case.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
i thought i read it resets when you claim the item. so technically, you could let the item sit there until you uncover the other plots? of course that's a hard situation right now bc we want all the items...but when you already get 1 familiar, you can just sit on it if you don't want doubles after?

i'm coming to this conclusion based on these two threads:

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3102454#post_3102454
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3102426/1#post_3102426
i thought i read it resets when you claim the item. so technically, you could let the item sit there until you uncover the other plots? of course that's a hard situation right now bc we want all the items...but when you already get 1 familiar, you can just sit on it if you don't want doubles after?

i'm coming to this conclusion based on these two threads:

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3102454#post_3102454
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3102426/1#post_3102426
yzUX307.png
Oh gosh no! I had hoped so badly you would have to manually reset a plot!

Full support for letting us choose whether a plot resets or not.

Absolutely no support for limiting this amount or any other downsides. Why should I be forced to uncover the same vista over and over again when I can only apply it once, and I don't even want it to begin with.

This issue is only going to get larger as more digsites are introduced, and your research notes (which for me are by far the biggest source of tiles being uncovered) are spread out over more and more plots I am simply not interested in.

If there were unlimited resources. Sure, it'd be the same as getting a vista I don't want to drop from the coliseum. But with the extremely limited amount of resources, I don't want to get punished by having them randomly assigned to plots I don't want or need.
Oh gosh no! I had hoped so badly you would have to manually reset a plot!

Full support for letting us choose whether a plot resets or not.

Absolutely no support for limiting this amount or any other downsides. Why should I be forced to uncover the same vista over and over again when I can only apply it once, and I don't even want it to begin with.

This issue is only going to get larger as more digsites are introduced, and your research notes (which for me are by far the biggest source of tiles being uncovered) are spread out over more and more plots I am simply not interested in.

If there were unlimited resources. Sure, it'd be the same as getting a vista I don't want to drop from the coliseum. But with the extremely limited amount of resources, I don't want to get punished by having them randomly assigned to plots I don't want or need.
Definitely support some remedy to this, especially since we only get so many tools per day, having an item you already have get uncovered just seems like a kick in the butt.
Definitely support some remedy to this, especially since we only get so many tools per day, having an item you already have get uncovered just seems like a kick in the butt.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
I absolutely see how getting certain items that you already have multiple times would be extremely frustrating, especially if you dug up, say, the same forum vista 3 or 4 times before getting what you wanted. That being said, any mechanism to reset plots would have to be very limited or it would allow for too many of the item to go into circulations (especially the genes), which could reduce their value to the point where players no longer feel as much of a need to use Arlo, which likely isn't something that the devs want to do.

Let me propose this solution then:
Plots on a digsite will not reset automatically when complete. At any point in digging through a digsite, a player may chose to reset the digsite. Doing so will reset every plot in the digsite, both those that are partially complete and those that are completely complete. It returns to the same state it was in when it was first unlocked, the only thing kept being your tools and exp, which are not based on a specific digsite.

This slightly reduces the rng involved overall, without being as exploitable as resetting a single plot would be. When a player gets all the items they are interested in from a digsite, they can reset it and start digging for them again without being able to receive more than a single copy of an item they don't want per reset.
I absolutely see how getting certain items that you already have multiple times would be extremely frustrating, especially if you dug up, say, the same forum vista 3 or 4 times before getting what you wanted. That being said, any mechanism to reset plots would have to be very limited or it would allow for too many of the item to go into circulations (especially the genes), which could reduce their value to the point where players no longer feel as much of a need to use Arlo, which likely isn't something that the devs want to do.

Let me propose this solution then:
Plots on a digsite will not reset automatically when complete. At any point in digging through a digsite, a player may chose to reset the digsite. Doing so will reset every plot in the digsite, both those that are partially complete and those that are completely complete. It returns to the same state it was in when it was first unlocked, the only thing kept being your tools and exp, which are not based on a specific digsite.

This slightly reduces the rng involved overall, without being as exploitable as resetting a single plot would be. When a player gets all the items they are interested in from a digsite, they can reset it and start digging for them again without being able to receive more than a single copy of an item they don't want per reset.
rsz_lorwolf_button.png
i didn't know that happened,, i support this idea
or maybe having to clear all plots before they reset? i just don't want to spend pickaxes and glasses on stuff i already have.
i didn't know that happened,, i support this idea
or maybe having to clear all plots before they reset? i just don't want to spend pickaxes and glasses on stuff i already have.
XGjmQSM.png -fake achievements collection
-In-game wishlist
-pls buy my dragons
sebEy.gif SEJJy.gif gxMny.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25