Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Tertiary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 200 201 202 203 204 ... 276 277
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, if so I apologize, but hear me out:

Wintercoat (gaoler) but for tundras( well okay normal breeds all have the same genes) but honestly, just imagine extra fluffy baby tundras?
Like it adds some extra hair on top like the gaoler fringe/extra manes other random fluff just so we can have the fluffiest dragons.

I know the guidelines for modern breeds are a bit stricter but you know..

Basically, more fluff for dragons. (:
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, if so I apologize, but hear me out:

Wintercoat (gaoler) but for tundras( well okay normal breeds all have the same genes) but honestly, just imagine extra fluffy baby tundras?
Like it adds some extra hair on top like the gaoler fringe/extra manes other random fluff just so we can have the fluffiest dragons.

I know the guidelines for modern breeds are a bit stricter but you know..

Basically, more fluff for dragons. (:
qPCsFXD.gif
Still would love if they did a complementary gene (patches/splotches) to piebald/paint. Simple patches/splotches of the tertiary color.
Still would love if they did a complementary gene (patches/splotches) to piebald/paint. Simple patches/splotches of the tertiary color.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@Amnoris Modern breeds' benefits are getting to wear apparel and being able to breed with other breeds of dragon, with the tradeoff that they all share one gene pool and those genes can only break the linart in very minor ways. Ancient breed's benefits are getting to have exclusive genes and have those genes radically alter the silhouette of the dragon, but in return they can't wear clothes and they can't breed with other types of dragons.

A wintercoat gene for moderns would clip horribly with apparel. It might be more worthwhile to ask for more colors of Wooly Coat apparel, since it has a similar effect on tundras as the Wintercoat gene has on gaolers.
@Amnoris Modern breeds' benefits are getting to wear apparel and being able to breed with other breeds of dragon, with the tradeoff that they all share one gene pool and those genes can only break the linart in very minor ways. Ancient breed's benefits are getting to have exclusive genes and have those genes radically alter the silhouette of the dragon, but in return they can't wear clothes and they can't breed with other types of dragons.

A wintercoat gene for moderns would clip horribly with apparel. It might be more worthwhile to ask for more colors of Wooly Coat apparel, since it has a similar effect on tundras as the Wintercoat gene has on gaolers.
> White Sclera Eye Type
> Let Level 25 Dragons Equip Two Energy Stones
> Area-of-Effect Spell for Mages
> Black Blood variants of Scratch, Shred, and Eliminate
> NPC Abilities (Pollen!Meditate and Bite!Scratch) for Dragons
> Elemental Curses (guaranteed debuff, no damage) for Coli
> Add The Unused Upgrades for Scratch and Meditate
[quote name="IllusiveFox" date="2020-10-07 22:29:04" ] [quote name="SCB" date="2020-09-11 06:32:34" ] [quote name="@SaikiyoLuna" date=2017-10-13 00:32:17] A patchwork gene that's a little like a cross between stain and opal. Fun and quickly adds interest without being overwhelming. Probably a Baldwin gene [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/f689/f/2017/286/f/f/all_2_by_saikiyo-dbqewr9.png[/img] (In order: Shadow, nightshade, honey, hickory) This seems very artificial, how would this work in lore and be inherited? Well it could work as a genetic skin condition where skin becomes thick, cracked and discolored, stitching is done to prevent infection by closing the cracks. [/quote] You did it :-D It's a prim/sec but still! I'd love to see the colorful threads on your idea as a tert though. [/quote] So cute, I love it! [/quote] oh my goodness I looooove this, I would apply it to near everything.
IllusiveFox wrote on 2020-10-07 22:29:04:
SCB wrote on 2020-09-11 06:32:34:
@SaikiyoLuna wrote on 2017-10-13:
A patchwork gene that's a little like a cross between stain and opal. Fun and quickly adds interest without being overwhelming. Probably a Baldwin gene

all_2_by_saikiyo-dbqewr9.png
(In order: Shadow, nightshade, honey, hickory)

This seems very artificial, how would this work in lore and be inherited? Well it could work as a genetic skin condition where skin becomes thick, cracked and discolored, stitching is done to prevent infection by closing the cracks.

You did it :-D It's a prim/sec but still! I'd love to see the colorful threads on your idea as a tert though.

So cute, I love it!

oh my goodness I looooove this, I would apply it to near everything.
eP65k0J.png
[quote name="Somaville" date="2020-11-15 14:46:51" ] Don't know if this has been suggested but braids for veilspuns... We have it for gaolers and they're such a pretty gene with their glorious manes, but could you imagine braids for veilspuns I would die [/quote] Yes, please! Those poor Veilspuns need some more hair-styles with all those long luscious locks!
Somaville wrote on 2020-11-15 14:46:51:
Don't know if this has been suggested but braids for veilspuns... We have it for gaolers and they're such a pretty gene with their glorious manes, but could you imagine braids for veilspuns I would die
Yes, please! Those poor Veilspuns need some more hair-styles with all those long luscious locks!
my_signature_by_midnightpintowolf-dcsqmj8.gif
Metallic Underbelly?
A gene like Metallic/Alloy but for the belly so it would be a shiny underbelly
Metallic Underbelly?
A gene like Metallic/Alloy but for the belly so it would be a shiny underbelly
I can't believe this only just occurred to me, but how about a tertiary gene that is Stained but just on the Primary zone, and one that is Stained just on the Secondary zone?
I can't believe this only just occurred to me, but how about a tertiary gene that is Stained but just on the Primary zone, and one that is Stained just on the Secondary zone?
A gene for veils that’s kinda like blossom but it’s roses or vines instead I’m begging you
A gene for veils that’s kinda like blossom but it’s roses or vines instead I’m begging you
UYR6vpC.png1YhCyjf.pnga129Nss.pngv2PJF9u.pngACOZFAh.pngRDt6LqI.pngLRdLP2V.png
Wishlist
I know a lot of people don't like parallel genes and parallel ancient genes are unheard go but I think that braids would look great on veilspun with thier long hair. I think it would looks super on them, maybe change the gene name a little to braided to maybe help with people confusing the gene for the right derg
I know a lot of people don't like parallel genes and parallel ancient genes are unheard go but I think that braids would look great on veilspun with thier long hair. I think it would looks super on them, maybe change the gene name a little to braided to maybe help with people confusing the gene for the right derg
“I look inside myself and see my heart is black
Perhaps a little redundant among the similarly styled tertiaries, but I like many of those genes, just with nitpicks to each. I'd love to see the veilspun flecks gene on moderns.

There are a few projects I know that'd work perfectly on, where the veilspun breed/no apparel wouldn't work. I think fleck's an excellent in-between to veined, firefly, and the fleck primary gene.
Perhaps a little redundant among the similarly styled tertiaries, but I like many of those genes, just with nitpicks to each. I'd love to see the veilspun flecks gene on moderns.

There are a few projects I know that'd work perfectly on, where the veilspun breed/no apparel wouldn't work. I think fleck's an excellent in-between to veined, firefly, and the fleck primary gene.
| She/her |
|
Major bird nerd |
|
Trade thread |

|
Ping me everywhere! |
_ _ _____ small pixel of Flannery, as a Yi Qi dinosaur64297510_Ug4.pngpixel of Gearguts as a Rhamphorrynchus
1 2 ... 200 201 202 203 204 ... 276 277