Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | "Ink" coli stone variants
1 2 3 4
So! I've been using the Baldwin brewable coli stones on my workshop/portal mage, and they're a real delight - just looking at the animations for Prismatic Meditate and Empathetic Regenerate makes coli feel a little more fun. But visual variety for physical attackers is... lacking. Mages get two possible energy-stone variations (prismatic and silverglow meditate); fighters only get one (radioactive scratch). Mages get a variant version of one of their non-elemental ability stones (empathetic regeneration); fighters get none. This is in addition to how element plays a bigger role for mages than physical attackers, what with mages getting two elemental attacks (bolt and debuff), while physical attackers only have one (slash). Overall, using physical attackers feels more "samey" than using mages, even if it is more efficient in many venues. So... here's an extremely simple-to-make-art-for idea: the nonelemental physical attacks, but they're monochrome. The blood is changed to a black liquid, resembling ink or ichor. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/4cece973fa18212c440149e9e40276d3/30c3e1851a10de6b-6b/s250x400/301f305401c84cd15c8d8d306d037864dfbeeb33.png[/img][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f851c64174fbf2e8da3d424da741660a/30c3e1851a10de6b-de/s250x400/d8344df199e70d35a575a69bc62818d18c6c1cd4.png[/img][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/29b0bd87cc39d856314e1c452c3d80a0/30c3e1851a10de6b-9e/s250x400/243185e2f4ee3950cd1eeabaf7932b17466fb344.png[/img][/center] [LIST=1] [*]would look nice on dragons with black, white, and greyscale color schemes [*]a fun aesthetic choice for shadow flight dragons, shadetouched-in-player-lore dragons, shade-[i]hunting[/i] dragons like gaolers, certain fandragons, etc [*]maybe you just don't wanna look at blood, even very simple cartoon blood, every 5000 times you use scratch/shred/eliminate in coli, ad nauseam [*]making coli stones fancier and selling them for bigger profit is fun and i like it [/LIST] Thoughts?
So! I've been using the Baldwin brewable coli stones on my workshop/portal mage, and they're a real delight - just looking at the animations for Prismatic Meditate and Empathetic Regenerate makes coli feel a little more fun.

But visual variety for physical attackers is... lacking. Mages get two possible energy-stone variations (prismatic and silverglow meditate); fighters only get one (radioactive scratch). Mages get a variant version of one of their non-elemental ability stones (empathetic regeneration); fighters get none.

This is in addition to how element plays a bigger role for mages than physical attackers, what with mages getting two elemental attacks (bolt and debuff), while physical attackers only have one (slash). Overall, using physical attackers feels more "samey" than using mages, even if it is more efficient in many venues.

So... here's an extremely simple-to-make-art-for idea: the nonelemental physical attacks, but they're monochrome. The blood is changed to a black liquid, resembling ink or ichor.
301f305401c84cd15c8d8d306d037864dfbeeb33.pngd8344df199e70d35a575a69bc62818d18c6c1cd4.png243185e2f4ee3950cd1eeabaf7932b17466fb344.png
  1. would look nice on dragons with black, white, and greyscale color schemes
  2. a fun aesthetic choice for shadow flight dragons, shadetouched-in-player-lore dragons, shade-hunting dragons like gaolers, certain fandragons, etc
  3. maybe you just don't wanna look at blood, even very simple cartoon blood, every 5000 times you use scratch/shred/eliminate in coli, ad nauseam
  4. making coli stones fancier and selling them for bigger profit is fun and i like it

Thoughts?
> White Sclera Eye Type
> Let Level 25 Dragons Equip Two Energy Stones
> Area-of-Effect Spell for Mages
> Black Blood variants of Scratch, Shred, and Eliminate
> NPC Abilities (Pollen!Meditate and Bite!Scratch) for Dragons
> Elemental Curses (guaranteed debuff, no damage) for Coli
> Add The Unused Upgrades for Scratch and Meditate
Absolute support for more Coliseum recolors! I've been wanting purple Eliminates for so long.

I have a feeling that some may get released for PvP in the Coliseum, but I'd love to see more brewable ones! Or put them in the Marketplace.
Absolute support for more Coliseum recolors! I've been wanting purple Eliminates for so long.

I have a feeling that some may get released for PvP in the Coliseum, but I'd love to see more brewable ones! Or put them in the Marketplace.
fo11Vhp.png
yes more coli attack recolours please! I've been away for years and was surprised nothing had been added in this vein. Simple recolours would be great, but element-themed makeovers of eliminate would be awesome!
yes more coli attack recolours please! I've been away for years and was surprised nothing had been added in this vein. Simple recolours would be great, but element-themed makeovers of eliminate would be awesome!
Oh I like that, I’d love to use it!
Oh I like that, I’d love to use it!
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
More recolors! I want more!
More recolors! I want more!
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Oh *Niiiice*
Oh *Niiiice*
Support!

I myself don't use the recolors, but I wouldn't mind seeing more! And those recolors are just *chef's kiss*. Maybe I would use more recolors if we had more of them, haha.

Edit: Checking one of my dragon's battle stats, he would most definitely look much cooler with ink variants. (He's a black and white themed character and is totally not the one in my pfp, nope, nah.)
Support!

I myself don't use the recolors, but I wouldn't mind seeing more! And those recolors are just *chef's kiss*. Maybe I would use more recolors if we had more of them, haha.

Edit: Checking one of my dragon's battle stats, he would most definitely look much cooler with ink variants. (He's a black and white themed character and is totally not the one in my pfp, nope, nah.)
I need to update my signature.

He/She/It/Xe (Any pronouns really) | US Timezone
please please please i've wanted any recolor fr is willing to make please ;;
please please please i've wanted any recolor fr is willing to make please ;;
tumblr_pyegmoMJkS1ugssd3o3_250.png n4H37dx.png
1vAtYxM.png
o7ZCFYm.png
B8HmiZX.png
d3OF3Gw.png
QUIpVFE.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
J7D1quC.png
YUzmw5z.png
Support!!
Support!!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Old Artblog
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Artfight
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Fandomstuck OCs
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Outdated Wishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Fandragons
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Credit!
|
|
|
|
@ me with a zero
not an o!
Always support for more stone colors!
Always support for more stone colors!
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
1 2 3 4