Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | "Elemental Curses" for coli
1 2
Hi! I love mages, I love elemental abilities.

But I'd love to be able to utilize the elemental debuff conditions in a more... controlled way. As it stands, there's basically no real point to trying to build a strategy around them, because the status condition even going off is basically a crapshoot.

So, for a point of comparison... you know how in Pokemon, Thunderbolt does damage, with a chance for paralysis, and Thunderwave does no damage but always inflicts paralysis? I want each of the elements to have a "thunderwave" to their respective "thunderbolt" for Coli.

I recognize some of the debuffs have extremely niche uses at best (looking at you, Virus and Amplify), so not all of them will see equal use. But here's some of the benefits I see to having no-damage-only-debuff spells:
  • can be used equally by INT and STR dragons (nature's Poison ability is the only elemental status condition that relies on the caster's INT for calculations), much like the non-elemental buffs (concentration/rally/haste/bolster/ward) are
  • having a reliable way to inflict the more "niche" conditions means they can actually be worked into a strategy (using Burn or Amplify to make a boss more vulnerable to damage, for example, or using Blind/Paralyze/Berserk/Enamor/Freeze/Petrify to partially or fully shut it down. and Virus is currently not very useful but could have potential in shutting down opponents when PVP comes back)
  • adds some strategic weight to element of the dragon outside of elemental weaknesses and resistances

I would like to hear other's thoughts on this proposal.
Hi! I love mages, I love elemental abilities.

But I'd love to be able to utilize the elemental debuff conditions in a more... controlled way. As it stands, there's basically no real point to trying to build a strategy around them, because the status condition even going off is basically a crapshoot.

So, for a point of comparison... you know how in Pokemon, Thunderbolt does damage, with a chance for paralysis, and Thunderwave does no damage but always inflicts paralysis? I want each of the elements to have a "thunderwave" to their respective "thunderbolt" for Coli.

I recognize some of the debuffs have extremely niche uses at best (looking at you, Virus and Amplify), so not all of them will see equal use. But here's some of the benefits I see to having no-damage-only-debuff spells:
  • can be used equally by INT and STR dragons (nature's Poison ability is the only elemental status condition that relies on the caster's INT for calculations), much like the non-elemental buffs (concentration/rally/haste/bolster/ward) are
  • having a reliable way to inflict the more "niche" conditions means they can actually be worked into a strategy (using Burn or Amplify to make a boss more vulnerable to damage, for example, or using Blind/Paralyze/Berserk/Enamor/Freeze/Petrify to partially or fully shut it down. and Virus is currently not very useful but could have potential in shutting down opponents when PVP comes back)
  • adds some strategic weight to element of the dragon outside of elemental weaknesses and resistances

I would like to hear other's thoughts on this proposal.
> White Sclera Eye Type
> Let Level 25 Dragons Equip Two Energy Stones
> Area-of-Effect Spell for Mages
> Black Blood variants of Scratch, Shred, and Eliminate
> NPC Abilities (Pollen!Meditate and Bite!Scratch) for Dragons
> Elemental Curses (guaranteed debuff, no damage) for Coli
> Add The Unused Upgrades for Scratch and Meditate
Support. I do wish there was more strategy to building a coli team when it came to the elements. Honestly I don't even know how most of them compare, outside of Fire, Wind, and Earth being weak to Water.
Support. I do wish there was more strategy to building a coli team when it came to the elements. Honestly I don't even know how most of them compare, outside of Fire, Wind, and Earth being weak to Water.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
Ooh, I like this.

Congeal is always worth using on Wave Sweepers, for example, because it does double damage as well as that chance to freeze them--but it's really not useful at all against Mantarunes, because it only does half damage and the chance to freeze isn't that high, so my ice mage generally just ends up spamming Contuses at them. (Contuse is also good, mind.) I'd definitely level some more mages if I could choose them for their ability, not just their damage.
Ooh, I like this.

Congeal is always worth using on Wave Sweepers, for example, because it does double damage as well as that chance to freeze them--but it's really not useful at all against Mantarunes, because it only does half damage and the chance to freeze isn't that high, so my ice mage generally just ends up spamming Contuses at them. (Contuse is also good, mind.) I'd definitely level some more mages if I could choose them for their ability, not just their damage.
These would be excellent additions for PvP as well! Support.
These would be excellent additions for PvP as well! Support.
fo11Vhp.png
as someone who's had pokemon on the brain for a few days, i'd absolutely love to see a coli equivalent to status debuff moves! support.
as someone who's had pokemon on the brain for a few days, i'd absolutely love to see a coli equivalent to status debuff moves! support.
oooo
lightf1.png

euclid
it/its
ca5598c1562f7247710d616cfd891b3c26c319f5.png

lightf2.png
Support for anything that makes mages more useful.
Support for anything that makes mages more useful.

I get too many pings, please PM if you ping and I don’t respond
Support!
Like others, I’d love to see the option for added complexity to Coli strats. Plus, this concept has the advantage of being able to be introduced with no noteworthy changes to people’s stat builds, which is always the biggest hurdle to introducing changes without, you know, mass panic.

I still might prefer if these abilities were in *some* way calculated off int, though, just to create more motivation to include mages on a team. Maybe they could do a lower amount of damage calculated off int, but the damage is still *there*, making it more beneficial to equip the ability on a mage.
Support!
Like others, I’d love to see the option for added complexity to Coli strats. Plus, this concept has the advantage of being able to be introduced with no noteworthy changes to people’s stat builds, which is always the biggest hurdle to introducing changes without, you know, mass panic.

I still might prefer if these abilities were in *some* way calculated off int, though, just to create more motivation to include mages on a team. Maybe they could do a lower amount of damage calculated off int, but the damage is still *there*, making it more beneficial to equip the ability on a mage.
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
What about we start by making the ones that suck not suck first?

Looking at you, Petrify?

Looking at you, Petrify?
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2020-12-26 08:59:16" ] What about we start by making the ones that suck not suck first? Looking at you, Petrify? [/quote] On the other hand, maybe it would be easier to identify what's wrong with the current elemental status conditions, and rally support for making them better-balanced, if people actually had a reliable way to inflict them.
Corviknight wrote on 2020-12-26 08:59:16:

Looking at you, Petrify?
On the other hand, maybe it would be easier to identify what's wrong with the current elemental status conditions, and rally support for making them better-balanced, if people actually had a reliable way to inflict them.
> White Sclera Eye Type
> Let Level 25 Dragons Equip Two Energy Stones
> Area-of-Effect Spell for Mages
> Black Blood variants of Scratch, Shred, and Eliminate
> NPC Abilities (Pollen!Meditate and Bite!Scratch) for Dragons
> Elemental Curses (guaranteed debuff, no damage) for Coli
> Add The Unused Upgrades for Scratch and Meditate
This would be amazing, and would make mages a lot more viable in the long run.
This would be amazing, and would make mages a lot more viable in the long run.
Leader of the Bear Army
b4PU1hl.png
1 2