Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [ Breed ] Plague Emperor-Slayer Ancient
1 2
Breed Suggestion | Plague Ancient; The Emperor Slayer

Intro
This is my first time really posting a suggestion here, so please bear with me! I was thinking the other day about how interesting it was that the Plaguebringer hated Emperors - The horrible amalgamation of imperials - As Emperors were not alive, did not survive, and therefore couldn't evolve. Upon further thought, I realized I don't really see Plague portrayed as 'the good guys' so to speak, and they're one of the more villainous flights in terms of lore. Since they don't have an Ancient yet, I thought it might be interesting if Plaguebringer actually created something to curb the Emperor problem.

Breed Information and Lore
Due to the Plaguebringer's hatred of undead and the rampant destruction being caused by Emperors rampaging unchecked, the Plaguebringer created one of her first children - A dragon with as much wit as they had ferocity. Like their quarry, these emperor slayers had multiple heads, though the number of these heads capped at two. Each head has a distinct personality, though they answer as though they were one. These children of Plague helped wipe out the scourge of Emperors as the Lightweaver and her first children learned to combat the problem of new Emperors forming, and when the rampage of Emperors was over, the Plaguebringer sent her children into a long hibernation, where she could call upon them should another Emperor ever form.

Now, with the rise of Luminax, the Plaguebringer has decided to call upon her first children and eradicate the Emperor threat once and for all.

TLDR
- Two-headed Plague Ancient
- Previously hunted Emperors, was re-awakened with the rise of Luminax
- Plague are good guys? Question mark?
- [EDIT] Pack hunters, possibly fought alongside Plaguebringer herself against Emperors
- [EDIT] To address concerns about how strong these guys are - It would take a Clan full of these guys to take down an Emperor, and usually with the use of strategy rather than pure brute force. Additionally, I really like idea of them fighting alongside the Plaguebringer herself against Emperors!

Concept Art
- Will whip up a sketch later! -

Breed Name Suggestions
- Feel free to suggest names! -

Anyway, thank y'all for reading this! I'll be subbed to the thread and replying to most discussion! I do plan to add concept art later, I just wanted to get this down before I forgot about it.
Breed Suggestion | Plague Ancient; The Emperor Slayer

Intro
This is my first time really posting a suggestion here, so please bear with me! I was thinking the other day about how interesting it was that the Plaguebringer hated Emperors - The horrible amalgamation of imperials - As Emperors were not alive, did not survive, and therefore couldn't evolve. Upon further thought, I realized I don't really see Plague portrayed as 'the good guys' so to speak, and they're one of the more villainous flights in terms of lore. Since they don't have an Ancient yet, I thought it might be interesting if Plaguebringer actually created something to curb the Emperor problem.

Breed Information and Lore
Due to the Plaguebringer's hatred of undead and the rampant destruction being caused by Emperors rampaging unchecked, the Plaguebringer created one of her first children - A dragon with as much wit as they had ferocity. Like their quarry, these emperor slayers had multiple heads, though the number of these heads capped at two. Each head has a distinct personality, though they answer as though they were one. These children of Plague helped wipe out the scourge of Emperors as the Lightweaver and her first children learned to combat the problem of new Emperors forming, and when the rampage of Emperors was over, the Plaguebringer sent her children into a long hibernation, where she could call upon them should another Emperor ever form.

Now, with the rise of Luminax, the Plaguebringer has decided to call upon her first children and eradicate the Emperor threat once and for all.

TLDR
- Two-headed Plague Ancient
- Previously hunted Emperors, was re-awakened with the rise of Luminax
- Plague are good guys? Question mark?
- [EDIT] Pack hunters, possibly fought alongside Plaguebringer herself against Emperors
- [EDIT] To address concerns about how strong these guys are - It would take a Clan full of these guys to take down an Emperor, and usually with the use of strategy rather than pure brute force. Additionally, I really like idea of them fighting alongside the Plaguebringer herself against Emperors!

Concept Art
- Will whip up a sketch later! -

Breed Name Suggestions
- Feel free to suggest names! -

Anyway, thank y'all for reading this! I'll be subbed to the thread and replying to most discussion! I do plan to add concept art later, I just wanted to get this down before I forgot about it.
I could dig it, though my one issue is that Emperors are supposed to be too powerful for normal dragons to face except for in tremendous numbers, so my idea would be that they're less Emperor Slayers themselves and more a breed that can help Plaguebringer fight Emperors.

Basically, yes to this breed if they're helping the Gods fight Emperors or is an entire clan (or multiple clans) of them would face an Emperor, but I don't think they should be able to face them 1v1.
I could dig it, though my one issue is that Emperors are supposed to be too powerful for normal dragons to face except for in tremendous numbers, so my idea would be that they're less Emperor Slayers themselves and more a breed that can help Plaguebringer fight Emperors.

Basically, yes to this breed if they're helping the Gods fight Emperors or is an entire clan (or multiple clans) of them would face an Emperor, but I don't think they should be able to face them 1v1.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
[quote name="TheLOAD" date="2021-07-23 21:00:01" ] I could dig it, though my one issue is that Emperors are supposed to be too powerful for normal dragons to face except for in tremendous numbers, so my idea would be that they're less Emperor Slayers themselves and more a breed that can help Plaguebringer fight Emperors. Basically, yes to this breed if they're helping the Gods fight Emperors, but I don't think they should be able to face them 1v1. [/quote] [font=Palatino Linotype]@TheLOAD I completely get this; My intent wasn't to make it so that a single one of these dragons would be able to wipe out an Emperor! Otherwise I think Plaguemom would've kept them around. Y'know, for dominance and all. I do definitely think, if added, these guys would be pack hunters similar to the modern Plague breed (Mirrors), so it'd more be a group of these guys who could take down an Emperor. I do think it'd be very rad if these dragons fought alongside their deity; Afaik there's not much canon interaction between dragons and their deities, even with the ancients? Feel free to correct me though, I'm not super well-versed in FR lore
TheLOAD wrote on 2021-07-23 21:00:01:

Basically, yes to this breed if they're helping the Gods fight Emperors, but I don't think they should be able to face them 1v1.

@TheLOAD I completely get this; My intent wasn't to make it so that a single one of these dragons would be able to wipe out an Emperor! Otherwise I think Plaguemom would've kept them around. Y'know, for dominance and all.

I do definitely think, if added, these guys would be pack hunters similar to the modern Plague breed (Mirrors), so it'd more be a group of these guys who could take down an Emperor. I do think it'd be very rad if these dragons fought alongside their deity; Afaik there's not much canon interaction between dragons and their deities, even with the ancients? Feel free to correct me though, I'm not super well-versed in FR lore
Considering it takes the combined efforts of many clans to bring down an emperor and emperors are one of the few creatures that may draw the gods from their shrines and onto a battlefield I don’t think a single pack of these should be able to take down an emperor—they could certainly help the plaguebringer in the fight against one though
Considering it takes the combined efforts of many clans to bring down an emperor and emperors are one of the few creatures that may draw the gods from their shrines and onto a battlefield I don’t think a single pack of these should be able to take down an emperor—they could certainly help the plaguebringer in the fight against one though
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Support, Plague needs more love! And it sounds like a cool lore idea.
Support, Plague needs more love! And it sounds like a cool lore idea.
IMG_4595.png
image1.png
5hF3FGk.png
image0.png
image0.png
image3.png
That actually sounds like an interesting idea, tentative support.
That actually sounds like an interesting idea, tentative support.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
I really like this idea, that they went dormant due to Emperors being prevented in the modern age, and that they fought alongside a deity or as entire clans to help the Plaguebringer rid the world of mindless god-like zombies.

I absolutely adore a multi headed ancient, and I'd love that in any form.
This is some solid lore, id love to see it!
I really like this idea, that they went dormant due to Emperors being prevented in the modern age, and that they fought alongside a deity or as entire clans to help the Plaguebringer rid the world of mindless god-like zombies.

I absolutely adore a multi headed ancient, and I'd love that in any form.
This is some solid lore, id love to see it!
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
I would prefer an Emperor hunter be introduced for Light, because it'd be directly tied into their BotE story. (Which is an idea I see pop up quite often, and usually bring up in Light ancient discussions myself!) The Plague ancient should, similarly, relate to our BotE story. By the time Plague gets a 2nd ancient, Luminax's story will probably be resolved in some capacity.

Opposing the undead is also not a defining feature of Plague's lore, just a tidbit due to our existing philosophies. A very fun tidbit, but not at all a large part of our lore- we fight everyone equally, but just hate some of our opponents more than others. So, again, I feel the Light ancient having lore like this would be way more fitting, especially considering that we need a reason for Lightweaver to have an ancient breed, despite Imperials being her first.
I would prefer an Emperor hunter be introduced for Light, because it'd be directly tied into their BotE story. (Which is an idea I see pop up quite often, and usually bring up in Light ancient discussions myself!) The Plague ancient should, similarly, relate to our BotE story. By the time Plague gets a 2nd ancient, Luminax's story will probably be resolved in some capacity.

Opposing the undead is also not a defining feature of Plague's lore, just a tidbit due to our existing philosophies. A very fun tidbit, but not at all a large part of our lore- we fight everyone equally, but just hate some of our opponents more than others. So, again, I feel the Light ancient having lore like this would be way more fitting, especially considering that we need a reason for Lightweaver to have an ancient breed, despite Imperials being her first.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
Ancient that references the original everything-doubled Mirror concept? With cool, interesting lore in line with Plague's survival ethos? That also reflects modern Mirror pack-hunting behaviors?

I would do unspeakable things for this.

To add on a couple ideas about looks, etc: I imagine they'd have to be lightweight and maneuverable to dodge around Emperors, since bigger and slower dragons would probably just get swatted like flies, so they might be like more muscular/ropy Mirrors? Maybe with four wings to help them dodge in midair (and to add to the two-headed "true mirror" aesthetic.) Also, maybe they'd have bony plates/thick scales in places like the torso where it wouldn't restrict movement, for that little bit of extra protection.
Ancient that references the original everything-doubled Mirror concept? With cool, interesting lore in line with Plague's survival ethos? That also reflects modern Mirror pack-hunting behaviors?

I would do unspeakable things for this.

To add on a couple ideas about looks, etc: I imagine they'd have to be lightweight and maneuverable to dodge around Emperors, since bigger and slower dragons would probably just get swatted like flies, so they might be like more muscular/ropy Mirrors? Maybe with four wings to help them dodge in midair (and to add to the two-headed "true mirror" aesthetic.) Also, maybe they'd have bony plates/thick scales in places like the torso where it wouldn't restrict movement, for that little bit of extra protection.
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
[quote name="Drakessis" date="2021-07-25 01:56:31" ] I would prefer an Emperor hunter be introduced for Light, because it'd be directly tied into their BotE story. (Which is an idea I see pop up quite often, and usually bring up in Light ancient discussions myself!) The Plague ancient should, similarly, relate to our BotE story. By the time Plague gets a 2nd ancient, Luminax's story will probably be resolved in some capacity.[/quote] yeah i agree with this, emperors are a bigger part of light's lore than plague's, however this is still a cool concept! and lore shouldnt impose too harsh limits, but i imagine most elemental ancients are going to have connections to their corresponding flight's BotE stories. perhaps it could similarly be a breed of dragons who were made to combat nature in the second/third age (dont remember which exactly)? and the plaguebringer decided to bring them back out to deal with the first seed's rampage in the BotE story
Drakessis wrote on 2021-07-25 01:56:31:

yeah i agree with this, emperors are a bigger part of light's lore than plague's, however this is still a cool concept! and lore shouldnt impose too harsh limits, but i imagine most elemental ancients are going to have connections to their corresponding flight's BotE stories.

perhaps it could similarly be a breed of dragons who were made to combat nature in the second/third age (dont remember which exactly)? and the plaguebringer decided to bring them back out to deal with the first seed's rampage in the BotE story
XiptSPP.png
1 2