Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [ Breed ] Plague Emperor-Slayer Ancient
1 2
Oh, I love that idea!
Oh, I love that idea!
UqN4jFQ.png
[quote name="vukodlak" date="2021-07-25 03:08:15" ] [quote name="Drakessis" date="2021-07-25 01:56:31" ] I would prefer an Emperor hunter be introduced for Light, because it'd be directly tied into their BotE story. (Which is an idea I see pop up quite often, and usually bring up in Light ancient discussions myself!) The Plague ancient should, similarly, relate to our BotE story. By the time Plague gets a 2nd ancient, Luminax's story will probably be resolved in some capacity.[/quote] yeah i agree with this, emperors are a bigger part of light's lore than plague's, however this is still a cool concept! and lore shouldnt impose too harsh limits, but i imagine most elemental ancients are going to have connections to their corresponding flight's BotE stories. perhaps it could similarly be a breed of dragons who were made to combat nature in the second/third age (dont remember which exactly)? and the plaguebringer decided to bring them back out to deal with the first seed's rampage in the BotE story [/quote] [font=Palatino Linotype]This is a fair assessment, and when I made the post I figured I'd get a good chunk of people saying it's better suited to Light. My reasoning for the Emperor-hunting Plague breed was more a suggestion to mix it up a little and embrace the smaller points of each Flight's culture for some extra spice! Plague hates the undead, so why not play with the idea a bit? I will say that yeah, it's probably far more likely for a Light breed than a Plague one, and that the Plague ancient will likely end up being involved with our BotE story somehow. My main worry is that Plague's ancient will end up as a glorified weedwhacker, since dealing with the First Seed would essentially just be them beating back plants over and over again, but if done right I think it could still be interesting in terms of lore.
vukodlak wrote on 2021-07-25 03:08:15:
Drakessis wrote on 2021-07-25 01:56:31:
I would prefer an Emperor hunter be introduced for Light, because it'd be directly tied into their BotE story. (Which is an idea I see pop up quite often, and usually bring up in Light ancient discussions myself!) The Plague ancient should, similarly, relate to our BotE story. By the time Plague gets a 2nd ancient, Luminax's story will probably be resolved in some capacity.

yeah i agree with this, emperors are a bigger part of light's lore than plague's, however this is still a cool concept! and lore shouldnt impose too harsh limits, but i imagine most elemental ancients are going to have connections to their corresponding flight's BotE stories.

perhaps it could similarly be a breed of dragons who were made to combat nature in the second/third age (dont remember which exactly)? and the plaguebringer decided to bring them back out to deal with the first seed's rampage in the BotE story

This is a fair assessment, and when I made the post I figured I'd get a good chunk of people saying it's better suited to Light. My reasoning for the Emperor-hunting Plague breed was more a suggestion to mix it up a little and embrace the smaller points of each Flight's culture for some extra spice! Plague hates the undead, so why not play with the idea a bit?

I will say that yeah, it's probably far more likely for a Light breed than a Plague one, and that the Plague ancient will likely end up being involved with our BotE story somehow. My main worry is that Plague's ancient will end up as a glorified weedwhacker, since dealing with the First Seed would essentially just be them beating back plants over and over again, but if done right I think it could still be interesting in terms of lore.
if you wanna take it a step further, the shade could replace emps. the plaguebringer created a dark ancient to spread… bacteria? or smth? to dissolve the shade

but like also i want more lore regarding deity relationships, so itd be really cool to see an ancient aide another flight like that!
if you wanna take it a step further, the shade could replace emps. the plaguebringer created a dark ancient to spread… bacteria? or smth? to dissolve the shade

but like also i want more lore regarding deity relationships, so itd be really cool to see an ancient aide another flight like that!
z0d96Tv.png peri, he/him
adult
fr time
quitting/gone
I quite like this idea! Though I agree with the others that it’d be better to suit Light, though the only issue being that Lightweaver would’ve created imps after the ancient so prolly wouldn’t know that imps could turn into hydras after death.

Perhaps plague ancient was plaguemom’s first attempt at making something that would survive and evolve, but deemed them failures because it wasn’t going as fast as she’d like. So sealed them away, but with crazy things happening the ancients came back and are eager to proof their worth. I think that’d fall a bit more in with the lore

I just hope we don’t share an ancient with nature, but given the way the story is I fear we will, or they’d have to release 2 ancients at once, we shall see
I quite like this idea! Though I agree with the others that it’d be better to suit Light, though the only issue being that Lightweaver would’ve created imps after the ancient so prolly wouldn’t know that imps could turn into hydras after death.

Perhaps plague ancient was plaguemom’s first attempt at making something that would survive and evolve, but deemed them failures because it wasn’t going as fast as she’d like. So sealed them away, but with crazy things happening the ancients came back and are eager to proof their worth. I think that’d fall a bit more in with the lore

I just hope we don’t share an ancient with nature, but given the way the story is I fear we will, or they’d have to release 2 ancients at once, we shall see
DVcXRyP.png
Alongside thousands of regular dragons, it takes multiple deities to take down an Emperor.

This is a cool idea, but an Ancient clan capable of taking down an Emperor by themselves seems far too overpowered. :I
Alongside thousands of regular dragons, it takes multiple deities to take down an Emperor.

This is a cool idea, but an Ancient clan capable of taking down an Emperor by themselves seems far too overpowered. :I
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
This is a cool concept! I'd like to see staff do something with it, especially since it's meant to have multiple heads.
This is a cool concept! I'd like to see staff do something with it, especially since it's meant to have multiple heads.
mlHpBMC.png
n4H37dx.png
Qpv2mvo.png
bYt72YT.png

.....Click them!
1 2