Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Color Boosters and Droplet Items
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 15
regardless of whether it has a limit on how many times it can be used, or a cooldown, I still don't really think it would be that good for the economy or game in general.

Yeah, it might be a fun item, and I would probably use it for a couple of dragons who have terts I dislike (my progen would definitely get it, I hate tomato), but that still doesn't mean that it would be a good idea, at least in my opinion, to add it.

People play the game for different reasons, and one of those reasons can be the economy. People already complain about how poorly the dragon economy does, despite the fact that it wasn't really meant to be a good money maker, so anything that could affect that economy negatively is something that needs to be thought over very carefully, and color, because it has so few ways to obtain specific colors (breeding or lucky hatch pretty much), is one of the driving forces behind the dragon economy.

Unless this were hugely expensive, this would affect that economy negatively, because why would you need to buy a dragon that suits your needs when you can take a 'close enough' dragon and turn them into that dragon you need. Thus, even with the addition of 'how many times X was used' it would still affect those economies, because no everyone would care about a 'pure g1 that hasn't been touched' by a scroll, they would just care about having an XXX or XXY, which would drive the prices of 'pure g1' dragons down as well. Sure, there would be players out there who would only want ones that weren't scrolled, but would they be enough to sustain the g1 economy?

Also, please stop pinging me, as I am not going to change my mind, I feel that some things are best left to random chance or breeding, and color is one of those things. There are very few other things that are truly random chance/breeding only, and, while I prefer that there be few things (color and sex would be my preferences for random/breeding variables, that don't have reliable scrolls to change them), I think that there does need to be a few things that players do not have reliable control over.
regardless of whether it has a limit on how many times it can be used, or a cooldown, I still don't really think it would be that good for the economy or game in general.

Yeah, it might be a fun item, and I would probably use it for a couple of dragons who have terts I dislike (my progen would definitely get it, I hate tomato), but that still doesn't mean that it would be a good idea, at least in my opinion, to add it.

People play the game for different reasons, and one of those reasons can be the economy. People already complain about how poorly the dragon economy does, despite the fact that it wasn't really meant to be a good money maker, so anything that could affect that economy negatively is something that needs to be thought over very carefully, and color, because it has so few ways to obtain specific colors (breeding or lucky hatch pretty much), is one of the driving forces behind the dragon economy.

Unless this were hugely expensive, this would affect that economy negatively, because why would you need to buy a dragon that suits your needs when you can take a 'close enough' dragon and turn them into that dragon you need. Thus, even with the addition of 'how many times X was used' it would still affect those economies, because no everyone would care about a 'pure g1 that hasn't been touched' by a scroll, they would just care about having an XXX or XXY, which would drive the prices of 'pure g1' dragons down as well. Sure, there would be players out there who would only want ones that weren't scrolled, but would they be enough to sustain the g1 economy?

Also, please stop pinging me, as I am not going to change my mind, I feel that some things are best left to random chance or breeding, and color is one of those things. There are very few other things that are truly random chance/breeding only, and, while I prefer that there be few things (color and sex would be my preferences for random/breeding variables, that don't have reliable scrolls to change them), I think that there does need to be a few things that players do not have reliable control over.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Before

Thank you for your input! I'll add you to the tally. :)

@/FliptheFrog and @/Jemadar

Alright; I won't ping you anymore here (including this post since I'm not sure if your request included getting an affirmative from me on this request.)
@Before

Thank you for your input! I'll add you to the tally. :)

@/FliptheFrog and @/Jemadar

Alright; I won't ping you anymore here (including this post since I'm not sure if your request included getting an affirmative from me on this request.)
Do not ping me. I did not ask to be on a pinglist.

My answer is still no, I did review changes. Not counting tallies for people that don't want to be harassed is very low, but that's none of my business. It's very easy to just *not* ping people that don't ask.. look at tons of other threads. If people want to be pinged, they will subscribe or ask to be on a list.

For economic reasons and other reasons people have repeatedly mentioned, my answer is STILL no. I do not support version 3.

My answer is still no, I did review changes. Not counting tallies for people that don't want to be harassed is very low, but that's none of my business. It's very easy to just *not* ping people that don't ask.. look at tons of other threads. If people want to be pinged, they will subscribe or ask to be on a list.

For economic reasons and other reasons people have repeatedly mentioned, my answer is STILL no. I do not support version 3.
Click me for art examples! Always taking dragon commissions!!
not that i have any room to talk but you guys dont have to be so rude
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
@/Katzaklaw

I'll add you to the "do not ping" list, then. I did explain my reasons for the choice I made and it wasn't made lightly. Basically, if I can't communicate, how can I get accurate results? And how can I defend myself when things like this (for example, you charging me with the serious offense of harassing people) happen? You just leave a comment and won't listen to a reply. I'm left without a voice. I only pinged in the first place because people's input matters to me, including those who do not agree with me, even vehemently. It was a sign of respect, giving you a chance to speak your mind instead of going forward without letting you speak. And also as a sign of respect, I will not bother those who express that they don't want to be bothered. You probably won't see this explanation, but I figured I should express it anyway.

With utmost respect and humility, I hope you enjoy your day.
@/Katzaklaw

I'll add you to the "do not ping" list, then. I did explain my reasons for the choice I made and it wasn't made lightly. Basically, if I can't communicate, how can I get accurate results? And how can I defend myself when things like this (for example, you charging me with the serious offense of harassing people) happen? You just leave a comment and won't listen to a reply. I'm left without a voice. I only pinged in the first place because people's input matters to me, including those who do not agree with me, even vehemently. It was a sign of respect, giving you a chance to speak your mind instead of going forward without letting you speak. And also as a sign of respect, I will not bother those who express that they don't want to be bothered. You probably won't see this explanation, but I figured I should express it anyway.

With utmost respect and humility, I hope you enjoy your day.
[quote name="Katzaklaw" date="2020-08-03 08:53:36" ] Do not ping me. I did not ask to be on a pinglist. My answer is still no, I did review changes. Not counting tallies for people that don't want to be harassed is very low, but that's none of my business. It's very easy to just *not* ping people that don't ask.. look at tons of other threads. If people want to be pinged, they will subscribe or ask to be on a list. For economic reasons and other reasons people have repeatedly mentioned, my answer is STILL no. I do not support version 3. [/quote] i second this, and please do not ping me as well. i have stated my opinion previously and i see no reason to change it. why should i? [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2020-08-03 09:04:16" ] not that i have any room to talk but you guys dont have to be so rude [/quote] i don't think stating things directly without sugercoating should be considered as rude, does it?
Katzaklaw wrote on 2020-08-03 08:53:36:

i second this, and please do not ping me as well. i have stated my opinion previously and i see no reason to change it. why should i?

hungryhobbits wrote on 2020-08-03 09:04:16:

i don't think stating things directly without sugercoating should be considered as rude, does it?
DmRdZYl.png
@/benetton

Accusations without letting the other person provide explanation or to defend oneself is rude, yes. Disagreement -- even plain disagreement -- is fine, of course. There is no reason to treat someone disrespectfully, however. It's better to calm down, practice self-control, ask questions like "why?" or "I took what you said as this, but is that really what you meant?"

Anyway, I added you to the "do not ping" list.
@/benetton

Accusations without letting the other person provide explanation or to defend oneself is rude, yes. Disagreement -- even plain disagreement -- is fine, of course. There is no reason to treat someone disrespectfully, however. It's better to calm down, practice self-control, ask questions like "why?" or "I took what you said as this, but is that really what you meant?"

Anyway, I added you to the "do not ping" list.
I think this would be great! I have a dragon i'd love to bump the tert on down two notches, and this would be so much easier than the extensive breeding project i'd have to do now.

Also, I'm so sorry about the people who are being excessively rude. I'll gladly be on the pinglist for this :)

@Cryoluxa
I think this would be great! I have a dragon i'd love to bump the tert on down two notches, and this would be so much easier than the extensive breeding project i'd have to do now.

Also, I'm so sorry about the people who are being excessively rude. I'll gladly be on the pinglist for this :)

@Cryoluxa
commissions.jpg
snausage.jpg >He/they
>FR +2
Wishlist!
Check out my coli shop! >Elimination Coli Shop
[quote]Basically, if I can't communicate, how can I get accurate results? And how can I defend myself when things like this (for example, you charging me with the serious offense of harassing people) happen? You just leave a comment and won't listen to a reply.[/quote] This wasn't a response to me, and I haven't said anything about this suggestion because I figured most people would go ahead and say "no support" for me. At least, the usual suspects would. But in regards to this pinging and not-counting-votes business, that is a little bit silly... I don't generally ping and I don't get pinged. You can communicate without pinging just fine. You can defend yourself without pinging. I'd say most people on suggestions do check on threads they've commented on, no need to ping to get a response. And usually if they don't respond, that means they don't have one or don't want to continue. And no amount of pings will change that. I think it's a matter of etiquette that pings are kind of opt-in for thread updates, though, and that's not just a suggestions forum thing. And also, votes have exactly zero bearing in whether a suggestion will be implemented anyway, so that in particular comes across as kicking someone out of your clubhouse. Kind of immature and cliquish or something. Just so you know why people seem testy. As for the suggestion, I didn't support the first version, didn't notice the second, but still don't support it despite the changes. It's pretty clear now, with the eyes and everything, that this isn't a customization game. It's a breeding game, and that's it. I may not like it, but it is what it is. The cool down, while interesting, isn't enough to stay the economic impact this item would have. The skipping colors is so convoluted I don't know why we'd even bother having the item at all. It's really unnecessary for breeding projects (I am currently doing three, so it's not like I don't know how frustrating they can be) and potentially disastrous for g1s. The only thing I've ever supported in this vein is a single slot scatter at a prohibitively huge price: this is way too much control.
Quote:
Basically, if I can't communicate, how can I get accurate results? And how can I defend myself when things like this (for example, you charging me with the serious offense of harassing people) happen? You just leave a comment and won't listen to a reply.
This wasn't a response to me, and I haven't said anything about this suggestion because I figured most people would go ahead and say "no support" for me. At least, the usual suspects would. But in regards to this pinging and not-counting-votes business, that is a little bit silly...

I don't generally ping and I don't get pinged. You can communicate without pinging just fine. You can defend yourself without pinging. I'd say most people on suggestions do check on threads they've commented on, no need to ping to get a response. And usually if they don't respond, that means they don't have one or don't want to continue. And no amount of pings will change that. I think it's a matter of etiquette that pings are kind of opt-in for thread updates, though, and that's not just a suggestions forum thing.

And also, votes have exactly zero bearing in whether a suggestion will be implemented anyway, so that in particular comes across as kicking someone out of your clubhouse. Kind of immature and cliquish or something. Just so you know why people seem testy.

As for the suggestion, I didn't support the first version, didn't notice the second, but still don't support it despite the changes. It's pretty clear now, with the eyes and everything, that this isn't a customization game. It's a breeding game, and that's it. I may not like it, but it is what it is.

The cool down, while interesting, isn't enough to stay the economic impact this item would have. The skipping colors is so convoluted I don't know why we'd even bother having the item at all. It's really unnecessary for breeding projects (I am currently doing three, so it's not like I don't know how frustrating they can be) and potentially disastrous for g1s.

The only thing I've ever supported in this vein is a single slot scatter at a prohibitively huge price: this is way too much control.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
@benetton (pinging to make sure you see this since you quoted me) actually you and everyone else snapping at cryo not to be pinged are being incredibly rude considering all you have to do is just be like "oh sorry i dont support this, please just remove me from the pinglist" instead of getting ornery because you got pinged like being pinged isnt a big deal you can even just ignore it and it goes away

cryo's just taking people's comments and suggestions into consideration then adding new things to see if that changes peoples minds - especially when some of yall bring up issues and suggestions, i dont see how thats an issue - then you guys are claiming harassment when you could just...ignore the pings.
@benetton (pinging to make sure you see this since you quoted me) actually you and everyone else snapping at cryo not to be pinged are being incredibly rude considering all you have to do is just be like "oh sorry i dont support this, please just remove me from the pinglist" instead of getting ornery because you got pinged like being pinged isnt a big deal you can even just ignore it and it goes away

cryo's just taking people's comments and suggestions into consideration then adding new things to see if that changes peoples minds - especially when some of yall bring up issues and suggestions, i dont see how thats an issue - then you guys are claiming harassment when you could just...ignore the pings.
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 15