Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Color Boosters and Droplet Items
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15
No support for the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2876994/2#post_43751446]same reasons Naegiri listed[/url]. This game is primarily advertised as a breeding game, so there should be some challenging/luck-based things that can only or best be achieved through breeding. That being said, it wouldn't be entirely unbalanced if, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2876994/5#post_43764478]like Pangur suggested[/url], there was a low number of times it could be used on a particular dragon. As for trading and such, it would be best if it was clear on the dragon's profile page. In fact, whether or not there are limited uses, making it clear on the profile that the dragon's color had been changed would make it not affect the market as much. Yeah, some people who want XXX Gen Is would be able to get them easier (assuming staff don't go with the skip-that-color suggestion), but if you want a [i]true[/i] XXX Gen I, it's just as difficult as always. Mockup using Inspect Element: [img]https://i.imgur.com/XngDHU7.png[/img] That at least would make me neutral towards it, even if there wasn't a limited number of times you could use it. It would make it so you [i]can[/i] get what you want, but it doesn't take away perceived value from those dragons that were born with desirable colors.
No support for the same reasons Naegiri listed. This game is primarily advertised as a breeding game, so there should be some challenging/luck-based things that can only or best be achieved through breeding.

That being said, it wouldn't be entirely unbalanced if, like Pangur suggested, there was a low number of times it could be used on a particular dragon.

As for trading and such, it would be best if it was clear on the dragon's profile page. In fact, whether or not there are limited uses, making it clear on the profile that the dragon's color had been changed would make it not affect the market as much. Yeah, some people who want XXX Gen Is would be able to get them easier (assuming staff don't go with the skip-that-color suggestion), but if you want a true XXX Gen I, it's just as difficult as always.

Mockup using Inspect Element:
XngDHU7.png

That at least would make me neutral towards it, even if there wasn't a limited number of times you could use it. It would make it so you can get what you want, but it doesn't take away perceived value from those dragons that were born with desirable colors.
Oh wow I didn't realize this thread hadn't faded out of people's notice. Sorry for the late replies, everyone! (Remember, if you want me to see what you have to say, please ping me!)

@monkfishlover

The cooldown is a good idea! (Takes a while for those of us who don't have much dragoncash to earn more anyway, so the cooldown would only really affect those who're rich.) I think said cooldown should be on the account rather than the dragon, though. That way, a user has to be very careful about which dragon he or she uses it on, since it's only 1/month or something: the same amount of time it takes for rarer dragon breeds to cool down. That also helps with breeding projects, since you can adjust a parent's colors per nest that way. I'll amend the opening post with this when I mark down your vote to the tally. ^_^

@TheGodOfStories

I understand and respect your opinion, and will count you as not being in favor of the idea. :) That said, I don't know why people seem to be treating this like a mandatory item. If you don't want to use it, you don't have to, and thus you can keep things at this "level of difficulty" if you so choose. For me, this is the same reason I love the addition of Mellow Mode for the Yoshi games. I'm there to enjoy the game, not be frustrated by it. For me (and many others) a hard-won victory isn't enjoyable. It's just a pain. So, this item would cater to us, and those who want to go about it the old-fashioned way totally can.

@Rexes

Yeah, I know what you mean. Personal preferences aside, though, part of creating an item for a player base this huge is balancing everyone's wants and needs. Just like our own feelings shouldn't be ignored, theirs shouldn't either. So, I'm trying to compromise everywhere I can without sacrificing the core of the idea: being able to nudge a single color up or down in a controlled way.

I'm having difficulty figuring out how to count your vote. Are you for or against the idea?

@Before

Though I don't like the idea of having a limited number of times it can be used per dragon, and have already addressed the issues other users have brought up, I do very much like the idea of the item's use being noted as you show in your mockup. :) I agree -- "true" dragons of their colors will probably always be worth more on the market, since people buy and sell rarity, not the actual colors/combinations, often times. It also still allows those of us who just want to make our dragons their best selves able to achieve that. So, I think it's a great compromise! I'll adjust the opening post with this idea and mark you as not supporting the version 2 form of the idea. Thanks a bunch!
Oh wow I didn't realize this thread hadn't faded out of people's notice. Sorry for the late replies, everyone! (Remember, if you want me to see what you have to say, please ping me!)

@monkfishlover

The cooldown is a good idea! (Takes a while for those of us who don't have much dragoncash to earn more anyway, so the cooldown would only really affect those who're rich.) I think said cooldown should be on the account rather than the dragon, though. That way, a user has to be very careful about which dragon he or she uses it on, since it's only 1/month or something: the same amount of time it takes for rarer dragon breeds to cool down. That also helps with breeding projects, since you can adjust a parent's colors per nest that way. I'll amend the opening post with this when I mark down your vote to the tally. ^_^

@TheGodOfStories

I understand and respect your opinion, and will count you as not being in favor of the idea. :) That said, I don't know why people seem to be treating this like a mandatory item. If you don't want to use it, you don't have to, and thus you can keep things at this "level of difficulty" if you so choose. For me, this is the same reason I love the addition of Mellow Mode for the Yoshi games. I'm there to enjoy the game, not be frustrated by it. For me (and many others) a hard-won victory isn't enjoyable. It's just a pain. So, this item would cater to us, and those who want to go about it the old-fashioned way totally can.

@Rexes

Yeah, I know what you mean. Personal preferences aside, though, part of creating an item for a player base this huge is balancing everyone's wants and needs. Just like our own feelings shouldn't be ignored, theirs shouldn't either. So, I'm trying to compromise everywhere I can without sacrificing the core of the idea: being able to nudge a single color up or down in a controlled way.

I'm having difficulty figuring out how to count your vote. Are you for or against the idea?

@Before

Though I don't like the idea of having a limited number of times it can be used per dragon, and have already addressed the issues other users have brought up, I do very much like the idea of the item's use being noted as you show in your mockup. :) I agree -- "true" dragons of their colors will probably always be worth more on the market, since people buy and sell rarity, not the actual colors/combinations, often times. It also still allows those of us who just want to make our dragons their best selves able to achieve that. So, I think it's a great compromise! I'll adjust the opening post with this idea and mark you as not supporting the version 2 form of the idea. Thanks a bunch!
Another update has been made to refine the items! Please let me know what you think about these revised editions!

@DragonSage @benetton @Lino @Naegiri @Kahvinporo @Jemadar @terranormal @gemajgall @hungryhobbits @FliptheFrog @Cynderfire @SpeckledNightSky @hisseefit @Pangur @Ettanin @JazzyLynx @EveningEmerald @Amut @Lykos @Kapow @Katzaklaw @Tuberose @Natron @monkfishlover @TheGodOfStories @Rexes @Before

(I'm so sorry if I missed anyone. I'm trying to keep everyone appraised, but a lot of people have kindly given their input and it's hard to keep track of!)
Another update has been made to refine the items! Please let me know what you think about these revised editions!

@DragonSage @benetton @Lino @Naegiri @Kahvinporo @Jemadar @terranormal @gemajgall @hungryhobbits @FliptheFrog @Cynderfire @SpeckledNightSky @hisseefit @Pangur @Ettanin @JazzyLynx @EveningEmerald @Amut @Lykos @Kapow @Katzaklaw @Tuberose @Natron @monkfishlover @TheGodOfStories @Rexes @Before

(I'm so sorry if I missed anyone. I'm trying to keep everyone appraised, but a lot of people have kindly given their input and it's hard to keep track of!)
i liked the original version i think all this stuff is just convoluted personally D:
i liked the original version i think all this stuff is just convoluted personally D:
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
@hungryhobbits

Yeah, but if we can live with it, then we're at least taking everyone's feelings into consideration and we still get to bring our dragons to where we want them. That's my thought on it, anyway. Should I mark you down as a non-support for this version?
@hungryhobbits

Yeah, but if we can live with it, then we're at least taking everyone's feelings into consideration and we still get to bring our dragons to where we want them. That's my thought on it, anyway. Should I mark you down as a non-support for this version?
To be honest, I still don't think this is really necessary or good for the site in the long run, and I dislike 'conditional' items.

As an example, on another site that has conditional items, I bought a rather expensive, for me, pet with the idea that I was going to shuffle its traits around. This item could only be used on unbred pets and when I decided to buy the pet, it was unbred. However, the previous owner had it up for public breeding and the time between me clicking 'buy' and the time the process had went through, the pet had been bred by a random user, making it so I cannot use the items I wanted to on it. Fortunately I didn't really mind the traits it had, just felt I would like different ones.

I would hate for FR get items that would prevent another player, permanently, from using the items they wish to on the pet. So, any sort of 'this can only be done X times' or 'this can only be used on X type pets' are usually a no for me, because it can get very confusing as to what can be used on what pets and it can also mean that someone can buy a pet with the intention of doing something, but are prevented by the actions of the previous owner.
To be honest, I still don't think this is really necessary or good for the site in the long run, and I dislike 'conditional' items.

As an example, on another site that has conditional items, I bought a rather expensive, for me, pet with the idea that I was going to shuffle its traits around. This item could only be used on unbred pets and when I decided to buy the pet, it was unbred. However, the previous owner had it up for public breeding and the time between me clicking 'buy' and the time the process had went through, the pet had been bred by a random user, making it so I cannot use the items I wanted to on it. Fortunately I didn't really mind the traits it had, just felt I would like different ones.

I would hate for FR get items that would prevent another player, permanently, from using the items they wish to on the pet. So, any sort of 'this can only be done X times' or 'this can only be used on X type pets' are usually a no for me, because it can get very confusing as to what can be used on what pets and it can also mean that someone can buy a pet with the intention of doing something, but are prevented by the actions of the previous owner.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
oh of course! everyone's needs are valid, i just meant personally i dont like the changes but i still want to support the creation of such an item because i can benefit from it and i know others who could too
oh of course! everyone's needs are valid, i just meant personally i dont like the changes but i still want to support the creation of such an item because i can benefit from it and i know others who could too
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
@Jemadar

Good thing that isn't an issue, then. :) There is no "can only be used x number of times" on any of the versions of these items. Just (in the latest version) a cooldown for purchasing one of the items, much like how you can only buy 1 trunk from Joxar per festival.

Edit: Oh, and that it's visible to everyone how many times an item has been used on a color slot. No restrictions on how many can be used, though, if a person has the patience and funds for it.

@hungryhobbits

Alright! I'll add you to the tally as one who is for the items, then. :) Thank you for your continued support!
@Jemadar

Good thing that isn't an issue, then. :) There is no "can only be used x number of times" on any of the versions of these items. Just (in the latest version) a cooldown for purchasing one of the items, much like how you can only buy 1 trunk from Joxar per festival.

Edit: Oh, and that it's visible to everyone how many times an item has been used on a color slot. No restrictions on how many can be used, though, if a person has the patience and funds for it.

@hungryhobbits

Alright! I'll add you to the tally as one who is for the items, then. :) Thank you for your continued support!
I'm not against it anymore with the version 3 suggestions. Obviously one of them is mine, but the cooldown also makes it so that breeding is a more attractive option if that dragon in particular isn't what's special about it.

I, personally, still wouldn't use it, but only because it's incompatible with the way I play. If I'm not challenging myself to get the perfect dragon without using scrolls, I'm challenging myself to make this completely random Gen I I hatched work, whatever its colors are.

But I'm neutral-to-positive about this suggestion now.
I'm not against it anymore with the version 3 suggestions. Obviously one of them is mine, but the cooldown also makes it so that breeding is a more attractive option if that dragon in particular isn't what's special about it.

I, personally, still wouldn't use it, but only because it's incompatible with the way I play. If I'm not challenging myself to get the perfect dragon without using scrolls, I'm challenging myself to make this completely random Gen I I hatched work, whatever its colors are.

But I'm neutral-to-positive about this suggestion now.
@Cryoluxa

Please stop pinging me on this thread--I do not approve of this item for economic reasons and my opinion is extremely unlikely to change regardless of modifications.
@Cryoluxa

Please stop pinging me on this thread--I do not approve of this item for economic reasons and my opinion is extremely unlikely to change regardless of modifications.
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15