Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New layout feedback
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
gotta say, i really disagree that dragon info and apparel placement should be swapped. the apparel icons are, to me, much less egregious than a box full of text there would be, and it's really nice to be able to be able to quickly identify, oh, that's the apparel they're using to make this outfit (especially as an artist who often draws dragons with busy apparel). i also feel like having the text against the scene background is kind of a lose-lose - you either lose out on readability, or cover up part of the scene with a white background or a big chunky box.

i'd support the info being put into a box but left where it is below the dragon! but otherwise, no support for this one.
gotta say, i really disagree that dragon info and apparel placement should be swapped. the apparel icons are, to me, much less egregious than a box full of text there would be, and it's really nice to be able to be able to quickly identify, oh, that's the apparel they're using to make this outfit (especially as an artist who often draws dragons with busy apparel). i also feel like having the text against the scene background is kind of a lose-lose - you either lose out on readability, or cover up part of the scene with a white background or a big chunky box.

i'd support the info being put into a box but left where it is below the dragon! but otherwise, no support for this one.
XfL644W.png
WhPZGJa.png
I support this! The majority of my dragons (and I feel like most dragons overall) have little/no apparel and I find the empty checkboxes kind of pointless. However, if dragons do have a lot of apparel, the (brightly colored) boxes are positioned so that they distract from the dragon. I think text would be a lot less distracting than apparel slots.

Moving apparel slots down one row would help establish the dragon as the main focus of the page, while still keeping apparel information available.
I support this! The majority of my dragons (and I feel like most dragons overall) have little/no apparel and I find the empty checkboxes kind of pointless. However, if dragons do have a lot of apparel, the (brightly colored) boxes are positioned so that they distract from the dragon. I think text would be a lot less distracting than apparel slots.

Moving apparel slots down one row would help establish the dragon as the main focus of the page, while still keeping apparel information available.
I really like these suggestions. This version of the profile seems to flow a lot better, at least to my eyes. I also feel like I reference a dragon's colors and genes much more often than their worn apparel, so it's really practical this way too! :)
I really like these suggestions. This version of the profile seems to flow a lot better, at least to my eyes. I also feel like I reference a dragon's colors and genes much more often than their worn apparel, so it's really practical this way too! :)
79645518.png81164874.png81260751.png81324635.png
I really like this, but there are other mockups that I enjoy more than this one! However, good job.
I really like this, but there are other mockups that I enjoy more than this one! However, good job.
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
Support :)
I love the new layout, but my one grievance is that the pictures aren't symmentrical in placement. so the second mock-up is absolutely perfect :D
Support :)
I love the new layout, but my one grievance is that the pictures aren't symmentrical in placement. so the second mock-up is absolutely perfect :D
y6Tz96p.pngFObX7rS.pngy6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
Support! This redesign makes more sense to me. The second mockup also feels similar to the old page layout so I'm much more comfortable with it.
Support! This redesign makes more sense to me. The second mockup also feels similar to the old page layout so I'm much more comfortable with it.
VE9B0fA.png
This is soooooo much better than the current layout!! The apparel's current placement (plus those ugly dashed lines) is really annoying me right now. It's ugly, distracting, and unnecessary, and is one of the biggest things contributing to the "clutter" that everyone is upset about.

Right now it's such an eyesore. It makes NO sense for it to be that prominent (I know it's supposed to emphasize the "customization" aspect of the dragon, but imo that does not make sense -- I can clearly SEE what apparel the dragon is wearing already, the list of apparel does NOT need to be right there next to the same dragon that is displaying said apparel) This suggested layout is much more appealing! I think this is the best fix.
This is soooooo much better than the current layout!! The apparel's current placement (plus those ugly dashed lines) is really annoying me right now. It's ugly, distracting, and unnecessary, and is one of the biggest things contributing to the "clutter" that everyone is upset about.

Right now it's such an eyesore. It makes NO sense for it to be that prominent (I know it's supposed to emphasize the "customization" aspect of the dragon, but imo that does not make sense -- I can clearly SEE what apparel the dragon is wearing already, the list of apparel does NOT need to be right there next to the same dragon that is displaying said apparel) This suggested layout is much more appealing! I think this is the best fix.
1185.png 1186.png 1187.png 1188.png
I've gotta support this. I'm pretty OK with the new layout, but this looks a lot better.
I've gotta support this. I'm pretty OK with the new layout, but this looks a lot better.
mykhQjW.png __
______
-She/they |
-Call me Stell! |
-FR time +3 |
-Please ping! |
____
>>Wishlist!
>>Fodderlocke!
PLEASE move the apparel somewhere else. That's pretty much my only issue with the new layout.
PLEASE move the apparel somewhere else. That's pretty much my only issue with the new layout.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
Support!! The second design looks awesome as the dashed apparel boxes are quite distracting and busy
Support!! The second design looks awesome as the dashed apparel boxes are quite distracting and busy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8