Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New layout feedback
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The second mock up is really nice and much less jarring to look at than the current profile. I also agree with some of the others about making the battle info a tool tip. I think the only other thing I'd personally want changed is the familiar. It just feels really in the way and distracting currently. [i]Look how close this is??[/i] [img]https://i.imgur.com/kmR6XJC.png[/img]
The second mock up is really nice and much less jarring to look at than the current profile. I also agree with some of the others about making the battle info a tool tip.

I think the only other thing I'd personally want changed is the familiar. It just feels really in the way and distracting currently. Look how close this is??
kmR6XJC.png
I'm not too terribly bothered by the prominent placement of the apparel widgit, but the mockups in the OP are far more visually balanced and showcase the dragon a lot better. Full support.
I'm not too terribly bothered by the prominent placement of the apparel widgit, but the mockups in the OP are far more visually balanced and showcase the dragon a lot better. Full support.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
Formally supporting this! Celeana's layout is a distinct improvement in reducing the cluttered feel of the new layout.
Formally supporting this! Celeana's layout is a distinct improvement in reducing the cluttered feel of the new layout.
don't like my dragons
Support! I find the current update to be distracting and too much on the eyes. I like yours 1000% more!

However, I think that the familiar should be a bit smaller, as it is a bit distracting. I also think the middle buttons should be smaller in size too because it seems to be really clunky and makes the design less simplistic and sleek.
Support! I find the current update to be distracting and too much on the eyes. I like yours 1000% more!

However, I think that the familiar should be a bit smaller, as it is a bit distracting. I also think the middle buttons should be smaller in size too because it seems to be really clunky and makes the design less simplistic and sleek.
iceflight_by_kitsunka-d8l0oi6.png

tumblr_inline_oki65yViEP1tfmvub_100.png
I concur that the apparel placement is jarring. I also noticed that without a "scene" the dragon is actually just sitting in a blank white space which is also, in my opinion, a bit jarring. My small suggestion for that is if a dragon doesn't have a scene, maybe put the Lair element location behind the dragon, as a default? I don't see why this can't be implemented as it is already at the top of the page as the top border when you visit lairs...
EDIT: maybe have a toggle for scenes or the default as a work around for something like that?
I concur that the apparel placement is jarring. I also noticed that without a "scene" the dragon is actually just sitting in a blank white space which is also, in my opinion, a bit jarring. My small suggestion for that is if a dragon doesn't have a scene, maybe put the Lair element location behind the dragon, as a default? I don't see why this can't be implemented as it is already at the top of the page as the top border when you visit lairs...
EDIT: maybe have a toggle for scenes or the default as a work around for something like that?
b7zvEII.gif
absolutely support 100%! A simple change yet it makes a huge difference [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
absolutely support 100%! A simple change yet it makes a huge difference
I like this! And I'd like it even more if the top JUST had the dragon+familiar (spaced out a bit more) and all the info was lower down, honestly. But having the info text be next to the dragon makes a lot more sense and looks a lot less jarring than having apparel there.
I like this! And I'd like it even more if the top JUST had the dragon+familiar (spaced out a bit more) and all the info was lower down, honestly. But having the info text be next to the dragon makes a lot more sense and looks a lot less jarring than having apparel there.
I absolutely support this suggestion. While I understand that some things had to change to accommodate the scenes and i'm glad for it they are a great addition, I am not a fan of the apparel icons showing up beside my dragon. It takes away from the visual of the apparel on my dragon and the unfilled boxes feel busy to me.
I absolutely support this suggestion. While I understand that some things had to change to accommodate the scenes and i'm glad for it they are a great addition, I am not a fan of the apparel icons showing up beside my dragon. It takes away from the visual of the apparel on my dragon and the unfilled boxes feel busy to me.
x0rhUsB.gifFZxDcvW.gif0pkMif2.gif
@Krystyna They do! Their background is the exalting pillars, really faded. I like this option because I have zero intention of using scenes on my dragons, I wouldn't want a default scene.
Also the headers couldn't be used for default, as every scene has a specific structure of needing a ground for the dragon to stand on, and none of the headers have a useable format. Nevertheless, this was suggested here.

@madeleinee all of these suggestions are being thought out over on this thread ^^
@Krystyna They do! Their background is the exalting pillars, really faded. I like this option because I have zero intention of using scenes on my dragons, I wouldn't want a default scene.
Also the headers couldn't be used for default, as every scene has a specific structure of needing a ground for the dragon to stand on, and none of the headers have a useable format. Nevertheless, this was suggested here.

@madeleinee all of these suggestions are being thought out over on this thread ^^
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
Support! I agree that having the apparel slots up next to the dragon does not feel like good UI design.
Switching those two elements definitely reads better over-all!
Support! I agree that having the apparel slots up next to the dragon does not feel like good UI design.
Switching those two elements definitely reads better over-all!
Baldwin Profit Calculator:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8