Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New layout feedback
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
i made my own mockup! [img]https://i.imgur.com/MGVQakp.jpg[/img] some buttons have been removed to declutter and let the dragon breathe a bit - you can click on the little plus sign to add apparel, skin, scenes, vistas, etc. the feed button is smaller and right next to the dragon's health bar. the familiar switch button is gone, and you can click on the familiar itself to swap it. the battle stones and stats are also collapsible, because let's face is, it's cool to show it but in terms of importance and hierarchy it's probably the least important aspect to most people.
i made my own mockup!

MGVQakp.jpg

some buttons have been removed to declutter and let the dragon breathe a bit - you can click on the little plus sign to add apparel, skin, scenes, vistas, etc. the feed button is smaller and right next to the dragon's health bar. the familiar switch button is gone, and you can click on the familiar itself to swap it.

the battle stones and stats are also collapsible, because let's face is, it's cool to show it but in terms of importance and hierarchy it's probably the least important aspect to most people.
SdIF9XK.gif..
raven
she/her • FR+0
» lore
» art shop
» adopts
Support!
Support!
Art_shop.png
Support, I mostly look at a dragon's physical traits, and since I sometimes use FR on mobile, its harder for me to just hover and look at a dragon's traits. If not, at least have a way to hide the empty apparel boxes because right now it's just... no.
Support, I mostly look at a dragon's physical traits, and since I sometimes use FR on mobile, its harder for me to just hover and look at a dragon's traits. If not, at least have a way to hide the empty apparel boxes because right now it's just... no.
AQw0PQz.png
Support! It would be nice to be able to see the dragon's info when I click on the page right away, since I look at that a lot more than I look at the apparel. And a especially huge support for having the option to change it for the people who do want the apparel at the top.
Support! It would be nice to be able to see the dragon's info when I click on the page right away, since I look at that a lot more than I look at the apparel. And a especially huge support for having the option to change it for the people who do want the apparel at the top.
NZ8D4KR.png
I edit my posts too much because grammar and fixing things that don't sound right. You have been warned. ^^
Support! I I love the new dragon profiles, but it's so busy. This would make easier to look at them.
Support! I I love the new dragon profiles, but it's so busy. This would make easier to look at them.
I'll Secondary Gene: Morph to someone else. I'm just a Tertiary Gene: Ghost Sprsme376.gifSprcr079.gif
Support, an agreement that some reshuffling and rearranging could make it better. We personally liked having the dragon info up top, where we could immediately see the age and size of the dragon (since those are what's important to us) along with the colours. And since many dragons don't have apparel or skins (and ancients and babies [i]can't[/i] have apparel) (dragons in the AH can't have apparel either, and when I actually go through the AH, it's Age and Colour and Size that we consider important) On battle stats, I feel like maybe if you could like... have the appearance stats, and could swap to viewing battle stats? another thing that I think would make it better? The < > arrows that pop up being... Less Intrusive. Like they used to be. Now they're so big and appear right over the dragon every single time your cursor goes near the it?? It's just a bit distracting, to me at least. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/716942592800981032/719864249710805062/2020-06-09_204314.png[/img] (Im also not quite sure how I feel about the exact new placement of the familiars, since while it works for some on others the familiar just draws in the focus? My Sidereal is a darker colour and has a bright familiar and my eyes just keep zooming in on that fish (probably not helped by the fact that he's a male ridgeback and all his lines are just... pointing straight at the location of the familiar?) But I suppose that's my own problem and other people might not have it) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/716942592800981032/719866417591353354/2020-06-09_205202.png[/img]
Support, an agreement that some reshuffling and rearranging could make it better. We personally liked having the dragon info up top, where we could immediately see the age and size of the dragon (since those are what's important to us) along with the colours. And since many dragons don't have apparel or skins (and ancients and babies can't have apparel)
(dragons in the AH can't have apparel either, and when I actually go through the AH, it's Age and Colour and Size that we consider important)

On battle stats, I feel like maybe if you could like... have the appearance stats, and could swap to viewing battle stats?

another thing that I think would make it better? The < > arrows that pop up being... Less Intrusive. Like they used to be. Now they're so big and appear right over the dragon every single time your cursor goes near the it?? It's just a bit distracting, to me at least.

2020-06-09_204314.png

(Im also not quite sure how I feel about the exact new placement of the familiars, since while it works for some on others the familiar just draws in the focus? My Sidereal is a darker colour and has a bright familiar and my eyes just keep zooming in on that fish (probably not helped by the fact that he's a male ridgeback and all his lines are just... pointing straight at the location of the familiar?) But I suppose that's my own problem and other people might not have it)
2020-06-09_205202.png
I posted this in the announcment thread but devs want all feedback in suggestions sooo... Throwing it here I guess!

But I do agree with others though that the dragon info and apparel should be switched around. I am FAR more likely to look at someone elses dragons info box than their apparel box (Which tbh I would not look at unless looking for a specific apparels name so it's a 100% chance I would look at info first) The apparels box colours also distract from the dragon where as the infos boxs plain text would not!

Also does the Familiar seem honestly enormous to anyone else? Some of my dragons familars look fine others look h u g e (They said the familar is the same size as before so it looks bigger due to being next to the dragon)

All in all it's kinda overwelming, And the energy bar is also FAR too bright it honestly hurts my eyes. maybe not to those with 20/20 vision but for me someone with glasses and sensitive senses I really couldn't look at this page for long... Which is a shame because I love looking at my dragons.

Did they make the bio box thinner? Because the update broke the bio template I was using and a small section has been pushed off screen?

Maybe also the ability to shrink the second layer of info? People have wanted the ability to hide children forever, battle info is only used when people are buying a dragon and want to check stones and apparel is only really looked at if you are changing it or want to know a pieces name. All could be hidden with no issues to gameplay and just expanded when you need them.

So of these two mockups I prefer the second!
I posted this in the announcment thread but devs want all feedback in suggestions sooo... Throwing it here I guess!

But I do agree with others though that the dragon info and apparel should be switched around. I am FAR more likely to look at someone elses dragons info box than their apparel box (Which tbh I would not look at unless looking for a specific apparels name so it's a 100% chance I would look at info first) The apparels box colours also distract from the dragon where as the infos boxs plain text would not!

Also does the Familiar seem honestly enormous to anyone else? Some of my dragons familars look fine others look h u g e (They said the familar is the same size as before so it looks bigger due to being next to the dragon)

All in all it's kinda overwelming, And the energy bar is also FAR too bright it honestly hurts my eyes. maybe not to those with 20/20 vision but for me someone with glasses and sensitive senses I really couldn't look at this page for long... Which is a shame because I love looking at my dragons.

Did they make the bio box thinner? Because the update broke the bio template I was using and a small section has been pushed off screen?

Maybe also the ability to shrink the second layer of info? People have wanted the ability to hide children forever, battle info is only used when people are buying a dragon and want to check stones and apparel is only really looked at if you are changing it or want to know a pieces name. All could be hidden with no issues to gameplay and just expanded when you need them.

So of these two mockups I prefer the second!
INNIwp8.png
Great point about the readability of the apparel. The other thing that bugs me about the apparel is that if you hover over them and the tooltip pops up, it covers the dragon. If they were to switch it with the info panel, then the apparel section would only cover more blank UI space like it did on the old layout.
Great point about the readability of the apparel. The other thing that bugs me about the apparel is that if you hover over them and the tooltip pops up, it covers the dragon. If they were to switch it with the info panel, then the apparel section would only cover more blank UI space like it did on the old layout.
Support! Oh god— I am a fan of the new layout, it's more streamlined than the previous version and has more/better into, but the placement of the apparel did feel off (a little cluttered/distracting). This simple swap/swaps look worlds better, and I do hope this happens. It would make it a lot easier to get info quickly, and a bunch of oddly colored apparel and dashes would no longer distract from the dragon.
Support! Oh god— I am a fan of the new layout, it's more streamlined than the previous version and has more/better into, but the placement of the apparel did feel off (a little cluttered/distracting). This simple swap/swaps look worlds better, and I do hope this happens. It would make it a lot easier to get info quickly, and a bunch of oddly colored apparel and dashes would no longer distract from the dragon.
| She/her |
|
Major bird nerd |
|
Trade thread |

|
Ping me everywhere! |
_ _ _____ small pixel of Flannery, as a Yi Qi dinosaur64297510_Ug4.pngpixel of Gearguts as a Rhamphorrynchus
I support this. Staff should definitely have the old version as a thing u can turn on for users that are sensitive to clutter on the page.
I support this. Staff should definitely have the old version as a thing u can turn on for users that are sensitive to clutter on the page.
GK2LcRL.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8