Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Increase lairspace
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
I hate that there is a limit to lairspace. if ppl can afford feeding their dragons and paying for lair expansion why limit them

I know many would say "just limit your dragons " but why should a person have to do that? Im fine with ppl who want to have minimal lairs so why cant there be room for those who want massive lairs? And imo 210 active dragons is not a big lair

Lairspace is also an excellent treasure sink. I think I paid 1.2 million for the 210 expansion

A) Since its probally a pibe dream to have unlimeted lairspace I would suggest to start with upping the anmount of active lairspace to 500 and upping the hibernal den space to 1500

Then after a year (Max 2-3 years) up the active lairspace to 1000 and hibernal den slots to 5000

B) Alternativt settle for active lairspace being equal to the numbers of familiars and twice that number for hibernal den

Thank you so much for reading this

@faileas @mythnomer fellow collectors in need of more space
I hate that there is a limit to lairspace. if ppl can afford feeding their dragons and paying for lair expansion why limit them

I know many would say "just limit your dragons " but why should a person have to do that? Im fine with ppl who want to have minimal lairs so why cant there be room for those who want massive lairs? And imo 210 active dragons is not a big lair

Lairspace is also an excellent treasure sink. I think I paid 1.2 million for the 210 expansion

A) Since its probally a pibe dream to have unlimeted lairspace I would suggest to start with upping the anmount of active lairspace to 500 and upping the hibernal den space to 1500

Then after a year (Max 2-3 years) up the active lairspace to 1000 and hibernal den slots to 5000

B) Alternativt settle for active lairspace being equal to the numbers of familiars and twice that number for hibernal den

Thank you so much for reading this

@faileas @mythnomer fellow collectors in need of more space
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
I'm all for slowly increasing lairspace, but the likelihood of those kind of numbers? Not for a long time, if ever. Here's a quote from Xhaztol: [quote]We understand this won't be viewed as a popular decision for some of you, and that you may be feeling discouraged. We also understand that it seems like it would be easy to just tack more lair space on at the same time we deploy the revamp, but to put it simply: it’s not. Adding additional lair space affects small and large lairs in non-uniform ways due to how the energy/hunger mechanic works. We need to allow the addition of the Hibernal Den to have time to breathe before we revisit that discussion internally. So while we don’t have any current plans for additional regular lair space, we are monitoring how the Hibernal Den complements current gameplay styles. We encourage everyone to spend some time with the added capacity for awhile and provide us feedback once things have settled a bit more.[/quote] It was from before the recent lair expansions, so they are doing increases, but it's a lot more complicated than just tacking some extra numbers on!
I'm all for slowly increasing lairspace, but the likelihood of those kind of numbers? Not for a long time, if ever.

Here's a quote from Xhaztol:
Quote:
We understand this won't be viewed as a popular decision for some of you, and that you may be feeling discouraged. We also understand that it seems like it would be easy to just tack more lair space on at the same time we deploy the revamp, but to put it simply: it’s not. Adding additional lair space affects small and large lairs in non-uniform ways due to how the energy/hunger mechanic works. We need to allow the addition of the Hibernal Den to have time to breathe before we revisit that discussion internally. So while we don’t have any current plans for additional regular lair space, we are monitoring how the Hibernal Den complements current gameplay styles. We encourage everyone to spend some time with the added capacity for awhile and provide us feedback once things have settled a bit more.

It was from before the recent lair expansions, so they are doing increases, but it's a lot more complicated than just tacking some extra numbers on!
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
This would be extremely taxing for the database.
This would be extremely taxing for the database.
i don't have a big lair so i don't see why not for people who have bigger lairs and want to have more dragons. but i'm worried about the possible strain on the FR server.

so with that in mind, i have to say no support.
i don't have a big lair so i don't see why not for people who have bigger lairs and want to have more dragons. but i'm worried about the possible strain on the FR server.

so with that in mind, i have to say no support.
DmRdZYl.png
[quote name="Vendrus" date="2020-05-31 12:45:54" ] I'm all for slowly increasing lairspace, but the likelihood of those kind of numbers? Not for a long time, if ever. Here's a quote from Xhaztol: [quote]We understand this won't be viewed as a popular decision for some of you, and that you may be feeling discouraged. We also understand that it seems like it would be easy to just tack more lair space on at the same time we deploy the revamp, but to put it simply: it’s not. Adding additional lair space affects small and large lairs in non-uniform ways due to how the energy/hunger mechanic works. We need to allow the addition of the Hibernal Den to have time to breathe before we revisit that discussion internally. So while we don’t have any current plans for additional regular lair space, we are monitoring how the Hibernal Den complements current gameplay styles. We encourage everyone to spend some time with the added capacity for awhile and provide us feedback once things have settled a bit more.[/quote] It was from before the recent lair expansions, so they are doing increases, but it's a lot more complicated than just tacking some extra numbers on! [/quote] The energy/feeding mechanism need a rehaul anyway and we have had time to see the hibernal den in action. If feeding/energy is the only problem then technically the hibernal den lairspace could be endless I dont think 500 active dragons would be a huge strain on the servers. There will be limited ppl who will expand but I feel the option should be there Adding only 10 spaces felt so inadeqate (sorry non native speaker cant spell that right)
Vendrus wrote on 2020-05-31 12:45:54:
I'm all for slowly increasing lairspace, but the likelihood of those kind of numbers? Not for a long time, if ever.

Quote:
We understand this won't be viewed as a popular decision for some of you, and that you may be feeling discouraged. We also understand that it seems like it would be easy to just tack more lair space on at the same time we deploy the revamp, but to put it simply: it’s not. Adding additional lair space affects small and large lairs in non-uniform ways due to how the energy/hunger mechanic works. We need to allow the addition of the Hibernal Den to have time to breathe before we revisit that discussion internally. So while we don’t have any current plans for additional regular lair space, we are monitoring how the Hibernal Den complements current gameplay styles. We encourage everyone to spend some time with the added capacity for awhile and provide us feedback once things have settled a bit more.

It was from before the recent lair expansions, so they are doing increases, but it's a lot more complicated than just tacking some extra numbers on!

The energy/feeding mechanism need a rehaul anyway and we have had time to see the hibernal den in action.
If feeding/energy is the only problem then technically the hibernal den lairspace could be endless

I dont think 500 active dragons would be a huge strain on the servers. There will be limited ppl who will expand but I feel the option should be there

Adding only 10 spaces felt so inadeqate (sorry non native speaker cant spell that right)

NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
[quote name="Taarnfalk" date="2020-05-31 13:11:41" ] [quote name="Vendrus" date="2020-05-31 12:45:54" ] I'm all for slowly increasing lairspace, but the likelihood of those kind of numbers? Not for a long time, if ever. Here's a quote from Xhaztol: [quote]We understand this won't be viewed as a popular decision for some of you, and that you may be feeling discouraged. We also understand that it seems like it would be easy to just tack more lair space on at the same time we deploy the revamp, but to put it simply: it’s not. Adding additional lair space affects small and large lairs in non-uniform ways due to how the energy/hunger mechanic works. We need to allow the addition of the Hibernal Den to have time to breathe before we revisit that discussion internally. So while we don’t have any current plans for additional regular lair space, we are monitoring how the Hibernal Den complements current gameplay styles. We encourage everyone to spend some time with the added capacity for awhile and provide us feedback once things have settled a bit more.[/quote] It was from before the recent lair expansions, so they are doing increases, but it's a lot more complicated than just tacking some extra numbers on! [/quote] The energy/feeding mechanism need a rehaul anyway and we have had time to see the hibernal den in action. If feeding/energy is the only problem then technically the hibernal den lairspace could be endless I dont think 500 active dragons would be a huge strain on the servers. There will be limited ppl who will expand but I feel the option should be there Adding only 10 spaces felt so inadeqate (sorry non native speaker cant spell that right) [/quote] The issue isn't '500' dragons but potentially 10s of thousands of dragons. Yeah, not everyone will immediately jump to max lair space, but many people will eventually get there, along with newer players just starting who will eventually get there. That is a lot of data on the servers, and if the servers can't handle that data, along with the necessary calculations to tick down hunger, and keep track of breeding cooldowns or other various stats that need to be kept track of, then it is a potential disaster in the making. That is why it is far better to do little expansions every so often rather than one large one. Even 10 dragons per lair can be a huge increase when we are talking, what 40K active accounts? Even if only half of those obtain max lair slots, that is 20K accounts and 200,000 dragons. (my number for active accounts is based upon something I saw a while ago, and my poor memory, I don't remember where to find the number of active accounts and can't remember the actual number) There is also an economic impact to consider. More lair space does equal more treasure taken out, but it also means more room for fodder dragons and thus more, eventually, treasure added than taken out. I am not saying no to more lair space, just that I agree with the admins that it is something that should be taken slowly and see what the impact on the servers and the game itself is, before adding more.
Taarnfalk wrote on 2020-05-31 13:11:41:
Vendrus wrote on 2020-05-31 12:45:54:

Quote:

The energy/feeding mechanism need a rehaul anyway and we have had time to see the hibernal den in action.
If feeding/energy is the only problem then technically the hibernal den lairspace could be endless

I dont think 500 active dragons would be a huge strain on the servers. There will be limited ppl who will expand but I feel the option should be there

Adding only 10 spaces felt so inadeqate (sorry non native speaker cant spell that right)
The issue isn't '500' dragons but potentially 10s of thousands of dragons. Yeah, not everyone will immediately jump to max lair space, but many people will eventually get there, along with newer players just starting who will eventually get there.

That is a lot of data on the servers, and if the servers can't handle that data, along with the necessary calculations to tick down hunger, and keep track of breeding cooldowns or other various stats that need to be kept track of, then it is a potential disaster in the making.

That is why it is far better to do little expansions every so often rather than one large one.

Even 10 dragons per lair can be a huge increase when we are talking, what 40K active accounts? Even if only half of those obtain max lair slots, that is 20K accounts and 200,000 dragons. (my number for active accounts is based upon something I saw a while ago, and my poor memory, I don't remember where to find the number of active accounts and can't remember the actual number)

There is also an economic impact to consider. More lair space does equal more treasure taken out, but it also means more room for fodder dragons and thus more, eventually, treasure added than taken out.

I am not saying no to more lair space, just that I agree with the admins that it is something that should be taken slowly and see what the impact on the servers and the game itself is, before adding more.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I'm all for more lair space and HDen space. We just need to be patient because it's not "just" adding more space for dragons.

It's the hit to the servers when energy goes down (it's already staggered enough now to be noticeable).

It's the hit when we start feeding our lairs.

It's the strain of an extra however many hundred dragons per account that bought the space for them + their apparel + their familiar + their accent/skin.

It's the backend when people use Dragon Search and only put in a couple variables.

It's configuring the Coliseum again so we're not loading 500 little dragon images wearing their apparels/skin/accent.

It's every time we need to rearrange our lairs and don't use enough tabs to make it a manageable task.

It's every time we assign a familiar to a dragon (and the current 800+ familiars isn't making this any easier).

As far as treasure sinks go lair space is only a treasure sink if you keep a dragon in it permanently.

The HDen is pretty good but at large sizes it starts lagging and/or having issues with tooltips. Having a max number of dragons per Tab (and letting us buy more) would have been a great idea when it first rolled out and suddenly limiting us is likely going to cause complaints. It's still something that would make it easier for the site to keep track of more dragons.

Even with the majority of my HDen naked and alone getting above 130 or so dragons per tab isn't always great. I avoid doing any arranging during energy drop times or when the site is under noticeably heavy loads just to avoid the stuttering and slow load times.

With additional coding and balancing adding more space is definitely possible. It's just not going to come in huge chunks for technical or monetary reasons.
I'm all for more lair space and HDen space. We just need to be patient because it's not "just" adding more space for dragons.

It's the hit to the servers when energy goes down (it's already staggered enough now to be noticeable).

It's the hit when we start feeding our lairs.

It's the strain of an extra however many hundred dragons per account that bought the space for them + their apparel + their familiar + their accent/skin.

It's the backend when people use Dragon Search and only put in a couple variables.

It's configuring the Coliseum again so we're not loading 500 little dragon images wearing their apparels/skin/accent.

It's every time we need to rearrange our lairs and don't use enough tabs to make it a manageable task.

It's every time we assign a familiar to a dragon (and the current 800+ familiars isn't making this any easier).

As far as treasure sinks go lair space is only a treasure sink if you keep a dragon in it permanently.

The HDen is pretty good but at large sizes it starts lagging and/or having issues with tooltips. Having a max number of dragons per Tab (and letting us buy more) would have been a great idea when it first rolled out and suddenly limiting us is likely going to cause complaints. It's still something that would make it easier for the site to keep track of more dragons.

Even with the majority of my HDen naked and alone getting above 130 or so dragons per tab isn't always great. I avoid doing any arranging during energy drop times or when the site is under noticeably heavy loads just to avoid the stuttering and slow load times.

With additional coding and balancing adding more space is definitely possible. It's just not going to come in huge chunks for technical or monetary reasons.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
I'll always support more lair space. And I don't think they'll add a big chunk of lair space in one go, but I'm all for slowly but consistently add more lair spaces. Like 10 spaces every month? That shouldn't be too much to ask. Same with hibden, 20 per month maybe? Or take what OP said of 500/1500 can be a hard cap goal for the next 2-3 years and release them evenly spread over the period.

All the other problems, like coliseum loading all dragons, should be fixed first. I still couldn't figure out any sensible reasons behind this change in the first place - why load everything, even the ineligible dragons, when choose coliseum team? It's a step backward from my pov.
I'll always support more lair space. And I don't think they'll add a big chunk of lair space in one go, but I'm all for slowly but consistently add more lair spaces. Like 10 spaces every month? That shouldn't be too much to ask. Same with hibden, 20 per month maybe? Or take what OP said of 500/1500 can be a hard cap goal for the next 2-3 years and release them evenly spread over the period.

All the other problems, like coliseum loading all dragons, should be fixed first. I still couldn't figure out any sensible reasons behind this change in the first place - why load everything, even the ineligible dragons, when choose coliseum team? It's a step backward from my pov.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
The impact that six thousand dragons per lair would have on dom terrifies me. I'd be happy to see more space, but that is just way too much in my opinion. I could have one trainer and 5,999 fodder ready to go for a push and I wouldn't even have to feed the vast majority of them. That's far too much.
The impact that six thousand dragons per lair would have on dom terrifies me. I'd be happy to see more space, but that is just way too much in my opinion. I could have one trainer and 5,999 fodder ready to go for a push and I wouldn't even have to feed the vast majority of them. That's far too much.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
[quote name="Tserin" date="2020-05-31 16:39:20" ] The impact that six thousand dragons per lair would have on dom terrifies me. I'd be happy to see more space, but that is just way too much in my opinion. [/quote] LOL. But wouldn't that also means for each DOM push, there will now have a potential of removing 6000 dragons in short period from the system? That wouldn't be a problem? XD I feel the [b]real[/b] stress on the system is only known to the dev, and what we think are just speculations. I don't know how the backend codes work, so I don't know where of the site is eating up most of the resources. If they can tackle those areas first, optimize the code and/or change how that part of the system works (eg, attachment pop-ups is one of the areas that I can think of that asks a lot from both the system and the user connection), then we can surely have more spaces to hoard what we love. Isn't this a breeding AND aesthetic site? If it's only about breeding, then I would agree that limited spaces make sense. But it also includes A LOT of dressing-up/lore-making/make-your-dragons-pretty aspect which, for some players, require a lot of lair spaces. (Take myself as an example. One year ago, I was so thrilled that I'm going to have 405 more spaces and can have a total of 605 spaces. Then they up'ed active lair by 10 so it's now 615 max. A year later, today, I have 500 permas... My collection had grew from 250 (some were boarding across a few friends who were kind enough to lend me their spare spaces) to 500 over just a year! O_____O The fact that during this year we have tons of new genes, two new breeds and loads of apparels are adding to my problem. So yes, more lair spaces to reflect the new genes/breeds is very reasonable.)
Tserin wrote on 2020-05-31 16:39:20:
The impact that six thousand dragons per lair would have on dom terrifies me. I'd be happy to see more space, but that is just way too much in my opinion.
LOL. But wouldn't that also means for each DOM push, there will now have a potential of removing 6000 dragons in short period from the system? That wouldn't be a problem? XD

I feel the real stress on the system is only known to the dev, and what we think are just speculations. I don't know how the backend codes work, so I don't know where of the site is eating up most of the resources. If they can tackle those areas first, optimize the code and/or change how that part of the system works (eg, attachment pop-ups is one of the areas that I can think of that asks a lot from both the system and the user connection), then we can surely have more spaces to hoard what we love. Isn't this a breeding AND aesthetic site? If it's only about breeding, then I would agree that limited spaces make sense. But it also includes A LOT of dressing-up/lore-making/make-your-dragons-pretty aspect which, for some players, require a lot of lair spaces.

(Take myself as an example. One year ago, I was so thrilled that I'm going to have 405 more spaces and can have a total of 605 spaces. Then they up'ed active lair by 10 so it's now 615 max. A year later, today, I have 500 permas... My collection had grew from 250 (some were boarding across a few friends who were kind enough to lend me their spare spaces) to 500 over just a year! O_____O The fact that during this year we have tons of new genes, two new breeds and loads of apparels are adding to my problem. So yes, more lair spaces to reflect the new genes/breeds is very reasonable.)
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17