Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Increase lairspace
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
[quote name="Tserin" date="2020-05-31 16:39:20" ] The impact that six thousand dragons per lair would have on dom terrifies me. I'd be happy to see more space, but that is just way too much in my opinion. I could have one trainer and 5,999 fodder ready to go for a push and I wouldn't even have to feed the vast majority of them. That's far too much. [/quote] the impact of 6000 dragons per lair on the [i]servers[/i] terrifies me. While I wouldn't mind seeing that many lair spaces, I don't think it will happen in 2 to 3 years nor should it. Again, I do agree that we need more lair space, but it should be added slowly to gauge the impact it will have on the servers. Just adding space willy-nilly is a recipe for disaster, because once that space is added it can't just be taken away if it DOES cause harm to the servers. Since we HAVEN'T gotten a lot of lair space since they released hibernal den, I would assume that even 10 slots had an impact on the servers/site and they may be looking into ways to mitigate that for more lair space. Who knows, maybe the anniversary 'present' will be unlimited lair space and that is why we haven't gotten any updates to lair space in the mean time...
Tserin wrote on 2020-05-31 16:39:20:
The impact that six thousand dragons per lair would have on dom terrifies me. I'd be happy to see more space, but that is just way too much in my opinion. I could have one trainer and 5,999 fodder ready to go for a push and I wouldn't even have to feed the vast majority of them. That's far too much.
the impact of 6000 dragons per lair on the servers terrifies me.

While I wouldn't mind seeing that many lair spaces, I don't think it will happen in 2 to 3 years nor should it.

Again, I do agree that we need more lair space, but it should be added slowly to gauge the impact it will have on the servers. Just adding space willy-nilly is a recipe for disaster, because once that space is added it can't just be taken away if it DOES cause harm to the servers.

Since we HAVEN'T gotten a lot of lair space since they released hibernal den, I would assume that even 10 slots had an impact on the servers/site and they may be looking into ways to mitigate that for more lair space. Who knows, maybe the anniversary 'present' will be unlimited lair space and that is why we haven't gotten any updates to lair space in the mean time...

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2020-05-31 18:20:20" ] [quote name="Tserin" date="2020-05-31 16:39:20" ] The impact that six thousand dragons per lair would have on dom terrifies me. I'd be happy to see more space, but that is just way too much in my opinion. I could have one trainer and 5,999 fodder ready to go for a push and I wouldn't even have to feed the vast majority of them. That's far too much. [/quote] the impact of 6000 dragons per lair on the [i]servers[/i] terrifies me. While I wouldn't mind seeing that many lair spaces, I don't think it will happen in 2 to 3 years nor should it. Again, I do agree that we need more lair space, but it should be added slowly to gauge the impact it will have on the servers. Just adding space willy-nilly is a recipe for disaster, because once that space is added it can't just be taken away if it DOES cause harm to the servers. Since we HAVEN'T gotten a lot of lair space since they released hibernal den, I would assume that even 10 slots had an impact on the servers/site and they may be looking into ways to mitigate that for more lair space. Who knows, maybe the anniversary 'present' will be unlimited lair space and that is why we haven't gotten any updates to lair space in the mean time... [/quote] Heh I doubt that would be the annevesary gift. I would be one happy camper if it was but its not. In fact I would stake one of my lvl 25 oldies on it. If we get unlimted I promise to raffle one of They could take feeding out of question enterily. And thats coming from one who currently have 67,000 + converted food of each type . But taking food/energy out would prob give til many problems i guess If their plan is to add more space slowly then let us know. The 10 spaces we got were after 3 years and thats too far a gap for such a small addition
Jemadar wrote on 2020-05-31 18:20:20:
Tserin wrote on 2020-05-31 16:39:20:
The impact that six thousand dragons per lair would have on dom terrifies me. I'd be happy to see more space, but that is just way too much in my opinion. I could have one trainer and 5,999 fodder ready to go for a push and I wouldn't even have to feed the vast majority of them. That's far too much.
the impact of 6000 dragons per lair on the servers terrifies me.

While I wouldn't mind seeing that many lair spaces, I don't think it will happen in 2 to 3 years nor should it.

Again, I do agree that we need more lair space, but it should be added slowly to gauge the impact it will have on the servers. Just adding space willy-nilly is a recipe for disaster, because once that space is added it can't just be taken away if it DOES cause harm to the servers.

Since we HAVEN'T gotten a lot of lair space since they released hibernal den, I would assume that even 10 slots had an impact on the servers/site and they may be looking into ways to mitigate that for more lair space. Who knows, maybe the anniversary 'present' will be unlimited lair space and that is why we haven't gotten any updates to lair space in the mean time...

Heh I doubt that would be the annevesary gift. I would be one happy camper if it was but its not.

In fact I would stake one of my lvl 25 oldies on it. If we get unlimted I promise to raffle one of

They could take feeding out of question enterily. And thats coming from one who currently have 67,000 + converted food of each type . But taking food/energy out would prob give til many problems i guess

If their plan is to add more space slowly then let us know. The 10 spaces we got were after 3 years and thats too far a gap for such a small addition
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
I think that lairspace should be increased, but that the cost of the expansions should go up extremely after the current limit. If the costs are high enough, that should deter everyone except the most determined collectors from expanding too much and putting too much of a load on the servers.

There are already a lot of users who choose not to reach the current limit because they can't afford it, so if the cost is high enough then that should keep too many people from reaching whatever the expanded limit would be. While a few players may make enough money and want the expansion enough to get it, most users will stick with the current limit and keep the numbers in check.
I think that lairspace should be increased, but that the cost of the expansions should go up extremely after the current limit. If the costs are high enough, that should deter everyone except the most determined collectors from expanding too much and putting too much of a load on the servers.

There are already a lot of users who choose not to reach the current limit because they can't afford it, so if the cost is high enough then that should keep too many people from reaching whatever the expanded limit would be. While a few players may make enough money and want the expansion enough to get it, most users will stick with the current limit and keep the numbers in check.
1185.png 1186.png 1187.png 1188.png
[quote name="orpington" date="2020-05-31 22:13:24" ] I think that lairspace should be increased, but that the cost of the expansions should go up extremely after the current limit. If the costs are high enough, that should deter everyone except the most determined collectors from expanding too much and putting too much of a load on the servers. There are already a lot of users who choose not to reach the current limit because they can't afford it, so if the cost is high enough then that should keep too many people from reaching whatever the expanded limit would be. While a few players may make enough money and want the expansion enough to get it, most users will stick with the current limit and keep the numbers in check. [/quote] They could double it up to 2 million pr 5 slots. I still would buy it. So Im fine with that
orpington wrote on 2020-05-31 22:13:24:

They could double it up to 2 million pr 5 slots. I still would buy it. So Im fine with that
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I think that they should simply try to keep the max lair space equal with the number of familiars. It would result in like, 20 spaces a year? But not all would go to active lair, like half would go to the hibernal den. Also, there are way too many inactive accounts, which is a problem, but I don't know how that would be fixed.
I think that they should simply try to keep the max lair space equal with the number of familiars. It would result in like, 20 spaces a year? But not all would go to active lair, like half would go to the hibernal den. Also, there are way too many inactive accounts, which is a problem, but I don't know how that would be fixed.
JXVUomh.png Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning—little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door—
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as “Nevermore.”
—Edgar Allen Poe
[quote name="SaarKazul" date="2020-06-01 10:35:48" ] I think that they should simply try to keep the max lair space equal with the number of familiars. It would result in like, 20 spaces a year? But not all would go to active lair, like half would go to the hibernal den. Also, there are way too many inactive accounts, which is a problem, but I don't know how that would be fixed. [/quote] From what I understand, it isn't the inactive accounts that are the problem. It is the active accounts. the inactive accounts just sit there, taking up space yeah, but no processing power, because nothing is being changed on those accounts, especially once they reach 0 energy. They aren't being gene/breed changed, or the used in the coliseum, or exalted etc.. they just sit there. It is the activity on active accounts that could potentially be the problem with adding lair space, because those dragons will be fed and then tick down every so often. They will also potentially be changed, have their bios changed and a lot of other stuff.
SaarKazul wrote on 2020-06-01 10:35:48:
From what I understand, it isn't the inactive accounts that are the problem. It is the active accounts.

the inactive accounts just sit there, taking up space yeah, but no processing power, because nothing is being changed on those accounts, especially once they reach 0 energy. They aren't being gene/breed changed, or the used in the coliseum, or exalted etc.. they just sit there.

It is the activity on active accounts that could potentially be the problem with adding lair space, because those dragons will be fed and then tick down every so often. They will also potentially be changed, have their bios changed and a lot of other stuff.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2020-06-01 11:02:34" ] From what I understand, it isn't the inactive accounts that are the problem. It is the active accounts. the inactive accounts just sit there, taking up space yeah, but no processing power, because nothing is being changed on those accounts, especially once they reach 0 energy. They aren't being gene/breed changed, or the used in the coliseum, or exalted etc.. they just sit there. It is the activity on active accounts that could potentially be the problem with adding lair space, because those dragons will be fed and then tick down every so often. They will also potentially be changed, have their bios changed and a lot of other stuff. [/quote] That makes sense! Thanks for clearing that up.
Jemadar wrote on 2020-06-01 11:02:34:
From what I understand, it isn't the inactive accounts that are the problem. It is the active accounts.

the inactive accounts just sit there, taking up space yeah, but no processing power, because nothing is being changed on those accounts, especially once they reach 0 energy. They aren't being gene/breed changed, or the used in the coliseum, or exalted etc.. they just sit there.

It is the activity on active accounts that could potentially be the problem with adding lair space, because those dragons will be fed and then tick down every so often. They will also potentially be changed, have their bios changed and a lot of other stuff.

That makes sense! Thanks for clearing that up.
JXVUomh.png Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning—little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door—
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as “Nevermore.”
—Edgar Allen Poe
[quote]I'm all for more lair space and HDen space. We just need to be patient because it's not "just" adding more space for dragons.[/quote] This is how I feel. Hopefully as the site is rewritten to be more efficient, we can see more lair expansions.
Quote:
I'm all for more lair space and HDen space. We just need to be patient because it's not "just" adding more space for dragons.

This is how I feel. Hopefully as the site is rewritten to be more efficient, we can see more lair expansions.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I am all for more lair space. But I am also fine with it being staggered. I was overjoyed when we got ten more spaces, bought them that same day. I'd be fine with the cost increasing, sure. I just really like collecting pretty dragons and while the Den had helped me a LOT, there are things I want to do that I can't do with dragons in the den, mainly coli and familiar bonding.

Personally I think those ten we got was a promise to show, hey, we WILL get more in the future, just...once in awhile. I'm okay with that.
I am all for more lair space. But I am also fine with it being staggered. I was overjoyed when we got ten more spaces, bought them that same day. I'd be fine with the cost increasing, sure. I just really like collecting pretty dragons and while the Den had helped me a LOT, there are things I want to do that I can't do with dragons in the den, mainly coli and familiar bonding.

Personally I think those ten we got was a promise to show, hey, we WILL get more in the future, just...once in awhile. I'm okay with that.
[quote name="SaarKazul" date="2020-06-01 10:35:48" ] I think that they should simply try to keep the max lair space equal with the number of familiars. It would result in like, 20 spaces a year? But not all would go to active lair, like half would go to the hibernal den. Also, there are way too many inactive accounts, which is a problem, but I don't know how that would be fixed. [/quote] I could live with that we had the same numbers of active lairspace as familiars and triple that number for hibernal den space
SaarKazul wrote on 2020-06-01 10:35:48:
I could live with that we had the same numbers of active lairspace as familiars and triple that number for hibernal den space
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17