Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bring back two-letter names.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15
I named this girl Ao (Japanese for blue) when I first got her 3 years ago [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26168625] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/261687/26168625_350.png[/img] [/url] Didn’t think much of it at the time, but recently wanted to name a dragon Ai (Japanese for love) and found out that 2 digit names weren’t allowed and I was so confused cause I was like... but I have one. But yeah, basically huge support because there’s no reason why they should be allowed. If they’re worried about people naming dragons F U or something then they can just ban that name!
I named this girl Ao (Japanese for blue) when I first got her 3 years ago

26168625_350.png

Didn’t think much of it at the time, but recently wanted to name a dragon Ai (Japanese for love) and found out that 2 digit names weren’t allowed and I was so confused cause I was like... but I have one.

But yeah, basically huge support because there’s no reason why they should be allowed. If they’re worried about people naming dragons F U or something then they can just ban that name!
45082747.pngm5-l17-m5-book.pngm5-l17-l17-book.pngwSEhN14.pngXXPmkbA.gif zZpjH5e.gifhMGipS8.pngm9-l16-m9-book.pngm9-l16-l16-book.png44700172.png
@ orpington Any chance you could link that dragon here? EDIT- I found it, and it is indeed a one day old progenitor dragon named Io! Though I just tested it with a freshly bought dragon and it still doesn’t work, so it may only work on progens. ::( [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=61423140] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/614232/61423140_350.png[/img] [/url]
@ orpington Any chance you could link that dragon here?

EDIT- I found it, and it is indeed a one day old progenitor dragon named Io! Though I just tested it with a freshly bought dragon and it still doesn’t work, so it may only work on progens. ::(

61423140_350.png
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
[quote name="Shinyumbreon" date="2020-05-19 15:06:17" ] @ orpington Any chance you could link that dragon here? EDIT- I found it, and it is indeed a one day old progenitor dragon named Io! Though I just tested it with a freshly bought dragon and it still doesn’t work, so it may only work on progens. ::( [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=61423140] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/614232/61423140_350.png[/img] [/url] [/quote] Oh, that makes sense. Dang, I was really excited for a second there. I thought the rules had changed! :( I guess that's the only way to get 2-letter names for now.
Shinyumbreon wrote on 2020-05-19 15:06:17:
@ orpington Any chance you could link that dragon here?

EDIT- I found it, and it is indeed a one day old progenitor dragon named Io! Though I just tested it with a freshly bought dragon and it still doesn’t work, so it may only work on progens. ::(

61423140_350.png
Oh, that makes sense. Dang, I was really excited for a second there. I thought the rules had changed! :( I guess that's the only way to get 2-letter names for now.
1185.png 1186.png 1187.png 1188.png
I want. So much this. There are so many 2-letter names, too. I want a lot of naming freedoms, but this feels like one of the simplest. Why isn't it allowed, anyway?
I want. So much this. There are so many 2-letter names, too. I want a lot of naming freedoms, but this feels like one of the simplest. Why isn't it allowed, anyway?
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
Support.

As for the devaluation of the dragons with two letter names due to a glitch, well there aren't going to be more dragons of their age with two letter names. Which might mitigate the loss of value somewhat.
Support.

As for the devaluation of the dragons with two letter names due to a glitch, well there aren't going to be more dragons of their age with two letter names. Which might mitigate the loss of value somewhat.
No support.

People collect them like g1s and other glitched/rare dragons, that would be like giving everyone free g1s, bringing Naomi back, or letting inbreeding occur for those rare, unable to breed dragons.
No support.

People collect them like g1s and other glitched/rare dragons, that would be like giving everyone free g1s, bringing Naomi back, or letting inbreeding occur for those rare, unable to breed dragons.
37058121.png61551039.png34617255.png54816967.png59626149.png
@AmberFreeze
People can rename dragons you know . . .

And to get the idea of the loss in market:
A once 60kg G1 that was just auctioned off with the name "Me" would be worth 3kg max if two letter names were brought back. That's a 57kg loss for one dragon.
@AmberFreeze

A once 60kg G1 that was just auctioned off with the name "Me" would be worth 3kg max if two letter names were brought back. That's a 57kg loss for one dragon.
37058121.png61551039.png34617255.png54816967.png59626149.png
[quote name="Cynderfire" date="2020-06-03 11:57:21" ] @ AmberFreeze People can rename dragons you know . . . And to get the idea of the loss in market: A once 60kg G1 that was just auctioned off with the name "Me" would be worth 3kg max if two letter names were brought back. That's a 57kg loss for one dragon. [/quote] I don’t know what 2-letter dragons you’ve seen, but they wouldn’t be worth anywhere near 60kg if they’re just G1*. I’d say 15-20kg at absolute maximum. They’re valuable, but not KS item valuable. The ones that aren’t G1 seem to be averaging 5kg each. (About a year ago I sold two for around 2kg each, and the price seems to have gone up a small bit lately) *that price MAY be reasonable if they’re G1, unbred, AND have decent colors, but outside of those parameters 60kg for just being G1 is simply ridiculous. As with all dragon sales, there is never only one or two factors in deciding their price I’d like to also add my previous statement on the whole “people who spent money on them will be mad” thing (from one page back) [quote name="Shinyumbreon" date="2020-05-13 02:58:01" ] [quote name="SilverRipple" date="2020-05-13 02:18:16" ] No support, if this comes true users who bought 2-letter names will get super angry about spending their money on nothing. [/quote] That’s a user created market though, and shouldn’t have any effect on the decisions of the staff. Two letter dragons were never supposed to exist or be valuable- same with infertile dragons. The currently existing dragons with two letter names are because of an old bug- people who value two letter dragons know this- and as such could reasonably expect for this to be implemented in the future if the staff change their minds. [b]That’s just how that kind of stuff goes- the value could vanish overnight.[/b] And as someone with a [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=202835&tab=dragon&did=24687594]rather valuable two letter dragon[/url], I’d be absolutely delighted if we could name dragons with two letters again. The pros of allowing everybody to have more freedom in naming their dragons vastly outweighs the “cons” of people being upset about putting their treasure into a very fragile market. Hell, two letter dragons weren’t even worth anything special until they fixed the loophole. [/quote]
Cynderfire wrote on 2020-06-03 11:57:21:
@ AmberFreeze

I don’t know what 2-letter dragons you’ve seen, but they wouldn’t be worth anywhere near 60kg if they’re just G1*. I’d say 15-20kg at absolute maximum. They’re valuable, but not KS item valuable. The ones that aren’t G1 seem to be averaging 5kg each. (About a year ago I sold two for around 2kg each, and the price seems to have gone up a small bit lately)

*that price MAY be reasonable if they’re G1, unbred, AND have decent colors, but outside of those parameters 60kg for just being G1 is simply ridiculous. As with all dragon sales, there is never only one or two factors in deciding their price

I’d like to also add my previous statement on the whole “people who spent money on them will be mad” thing (from one page back)
Shinyumbreon wrote on 2020-05-13 02:58:01:
SilverRipple wrote on 2020-05-13 02:18:16:
No support, if this comes true users who bought 2-letter names will get super angry about spending their money on nothing.
That’s a user created market though, and shouldn’t have any effect on the decisions of the staff. Two letter dragons were never supposed to exist or be valuable- same with infertile dragons. The currently existing dragons with two letter names are because of an old bug- people who value two letter dragons know this- and as such could reasonably expect for this to be implemented in the future if the staff change their minds. That’s just how that kind of stuff goes- the value could vanish overnight.

And as someone with a rather valuable two letter dragon, I’d be absolutely delighted if we could name dragons with two letters again. The pros of allowing everybody to have more freedom in naming their dragons vastly outweighs the “cons” of people being upset about putting their treasure into a very fragile market. Hell, two letter dragons weren’t even worth anything special until they fixed the loophole.
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Support

As much as many people make valid points, I don’t like name limitation ;;
Support

As much as many people make valid points, I don’t like name limitation ;;
Untitled1_20230605150553.png
Hey, guys, I see this conversation has involved the newest edition to my lair?
@ShinyUmbreon

I bought Me for 60kg two days ago. The auction thread is here if you'd like proof.

But let me get one thing straight. I bought Me for her combo. It was perfect for my OC, so I went all out for her, with the help of my best FR friend.

I would have preferred if she didn't have the name Me. Her bid probably would've stopped at 30kg or less if I wasn't so hellbent on obtaining her. Because of the glitch, I will not be renaming her, but please, don't think I bought her solely for her name, because that couldn't be farther from the truth.

Now be that as it may, I adore the rarity of two letter names. I possess one other, as well. I won't ever sell either of them, and quite honestly I wouldn't mind if they came back. It would certainly pain me later if they did, if only because of Me's exponentially high price tag, but some things are better for the community as a whole, and I have to remind myself of that when I find myself in this kind of a situation.

Edit: I don't want to start any riots or anything, I just wanted to beat whoever else may have been responding to this to the punch. If staff decides to bring back 2-letter names, that's fine. If they never do, that's their decision. I just wanted to clear up some things regarding Me's price tag.
Hey, guys, I see this conversation has involved the newest edition to my lair?
@ShinyUmbreon

I bought Me for 60kg two days ago. The auction thread is here if you'd like proof.

But let me get one thing straight. I bought Me for her combo. It was perfect for my OC, so I went all out for her, with the help of my best FR friend.

I would have preferred if she didn't have the name Me. Her bid probably would've stopped at 30kg or less if I wasn't so hellbent on obtaining her. Because of the glitch, I will not be renaming her, but please, don't think I bought her solely for her name, because that couldn't be farther from the truth.

Now be that as it may, I adore the rarity of two letter names. I possess one other, as well. I won't ever sell either of them, and quite honestly I wouldn't mind if they came back. It would certainly pain me later if they did, if only because of Me's exponentially high price tag, but some things are better for the community as a whole, and I have to remind myself of that when I find myself in this kind of a situation.

Edit: I don't want to start any riots or anything, I just wanted to beat whoever else may have been responding to this to the punch. If staff decides to bring back 2-letter names, that's fine. If they never do, that's their decision. I just wanted to clear up some things regarding Me's price tag.
_
Goes away in the end...
VSQ6BhO.png
I will make you hurt..."
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15