Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gene variants
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 29 30
If the creases are straightened out in the system of these things, full support!
If the creases are straightened out in the system of these things, full support!
34822.png
Call me Nova!
He/They/It
FR +2
577.png
21402.png
Well, Obelisk hatchling underbelies have been changed....
Quote:
From the Update Tracker
Undel 2021-08-24 14:36:31
Obelisk Hatchling's Underbelly was using incorrect colors and has been updated to use the right ones!

So can we add those to the want list for variant genes?
Well, Obelisk hatchling underbelies have been changed....
Quote:
From the Update Tracker
Undel 2021-08-24 14:36:31
Obelisk Hatchling's Underbelly was using incorrect colors and has been updated to use the right ones!

So can we add those to the want list for variant genes?
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
Coming back because I will never not support this idea. Staff, please!!! This is so versatile, allows staff to release ""new genes"" without actually having to release new genes, has many lovely workarounds for things like breeding and exalting, and generally is a super well-thought-out and wonderfully demonstrated example of a suggestion I think should be added ASAP!
Coming back because I will never not support this idea. Staff, please!!! This is so versatile, allows staff to release ""new genes"" without actually having to release new genes, has many lovely workarounds for things like breeding and exalting, and generally is a super well-thought-out and wonderfully demonstrated example of a suggestion I think should be added ASAP!
when pinging me, my username is 0wO- number 0, then capital letter 'O'
Love everything about this. I would hope for it to be relatively wasy to switch to a variant too, not like, gem gene expensive, especially as you'd have to buy/earn a gene already.
Love everything about this. I would hope for it to be relatively wasy to switch to a variant too, not like, gem gene expensive, especially as you'd have to buy/earn a gene already.
In light of the Flair changes, I feel this thread became all the more relevant. Because then we could have Obelisk Flair across all breeds as well as the "consistency" fix across all breeds. At least that would be win/win, unlike now where the poll is basically lose/lose.
In light of the Flair changes, I feel this thread became all the more relevant. Because then we could have Obelisk Flair across all breeds as well as the "consistency" fix across all breeds. At least that would be win/win, unlike now where the poll is basically lose/lose.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I fully support working in an idea like this. Just add Flaunt/Flair old and new as variants
I fully support working in an idea like this. Just add Flaunt/Flair old and new as variants
UkZZdGw.png Trading tigers!
Art Dragons for Sale!
Sales Tab
Wishlist
Please ping!
Hatchery>>> Untitled_Artwork.png
Flair rly made this relevant again, huh
Flair rly made this relevant again, huh
899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png
FbBE7dN.png
bYt72YT.png
y2UYCzJ.png
a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
Ap2AjBP.gif
o090-d01-Sinornis.pngo090-d02-Sinornis.pngo090-d03-Sinornis.pngo090-d04-Sinornis.pngo090-d05-Sinornis.png
have i supported this yet? because the recent flair debate really shows why this should be a thing imo, there's a lot of reasons why this would be good but basically: [list] [*]as mentioned above this allows for consistency and variety to exist at the same time - consistency fixes tend to result in people losing the looks of their dragons (flair, butterfly, and common eye changes come to mind as examples) they love so much, and it's difficult to account for them since they're not really bugs (and hard to spot/predict). i get the need for consistency but it'd be even better if we could have both consistency and variety [*]far more customization options for relatively very little work. flight rising is a customization-based game, and i'm always for suggestions that give us more customization options by reusing existing artwork rather than making entirely new artwork (scene recolors & split festival items when) [/LIST]
have i supported this yet? because the recent flair debate really shows why this should be a thing imo, there's a lot of reasons why this would be good but basically:
  • as mentioned above this allows for consistency and variety to exist at the same time - consistency fixes tend to result in people losing the looks of their dragons (flair, butterfly, and common eye changes come to mind as examples) they love so much, and it's difficult to account for them since they're not really bugs (and hard to spot/predict). i get the need for consistency but it'd be even better if we could have both consistency and variety
  • far more customization options for relatively very little work. flight rising is a customization-based game, and i'm always for suggestions that give us more customization options by reusing existing artwork rather than making entirely new artwork (scene recolors & split festival items when)
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
Support!

Allowing access to gene variants would be amazing. Either to allow players to use older genes or to offer variants of genes that have been requested that would be too similar to existing ones (like thylacine without the gradient)

A lot of genes get implemented and look great, but might look cool with a difference as well. But since genes on the site are limited it doesn't make sense to have super similar ones

I'm in the camp of gene variants NOT being a breeding thing. You get whichever variant is the 'canon' or 'official' variant, but with a scroll you can toggle alternative variants. Making it a way to customise dragons after breeding without truly changing their genes.
That being said, I would personally be okay with them being rare mutations too but I think this doesn't quite solve the issue as much. So it really depends.
Support!

Allowing access to gene variants would be amazing. Either to allow players to use older genes or to offer variants of genes that have been requested that would be too similar to existing ones (like thylacine without the gradient)

A lot of genes get implemented and look great, but might look cool with a difference as well. But since genes on the site are limited it doesn't make sense to have super similar ones

I'm in the camp of gene variants NOT being a breeding thing. You get whichever variant is the 'canon' or 'official' variant, but with a scroll you can toggle alternative variants. Making it a way to customise dragons after breeding without truly changing their genes.
That being said, I would personally be okay with them being rare mutations too but I think this doesn't quite solve the issue as much. So it really depends.
Mqw5b1R.gif
You definitely got my support for this.
All the yes :)
You definitely got my support for this.
All the yes :)
JNpe71y.png
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 29 30