Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gene variants
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 29 30
[quote name="Antimoany" date="2021-12-29 11:11:49" ] i can't remember if i ever posted in this thread but since this is once again A Topic™: full support, but the toggle shouldn't cost anything. it should just Be There on all genes that have a variant. let us use the old f pc pymorph. let us have the original squiggle back. let us have the old obelisk giraffe let us have genes that come with a gradient without that gradient. noxtide on f obe is great. i want to have that on all breeds. there are so many genes i'd actually use if i could remove the weird extra stuff that comes with it. full capsule! do you have any idea how many dragons i'd give capsule if it didn't make them hollow? EDIT: STAINED BUT WITHOUT THE WEIRD BELLY BIT. EXACTLY 30% OPACITY ALL OVER. staff have said their philosophy going forward will be to give players the choice to customise their dragons. this is part of that. [/quote] this. I personally like both change options on the poll and wish there would be something like this added in the future. edit: (prolly posted before but) whatever variant a dragon has is what should be passed off to the offspring. Having no gradient thyacine just for all your kids to have it would be... icky? mutations add uneeded rng that could displease some (i myself would adore it tho) so the offspring getting whatever gene is applied makes the most sense.
Antimoany wrote on 2021-12-29 11:11:49:
i can't remember if i ever posted in this thread but since this is once again A Topic™:

full support, but the toggle shouldn't cost anything. it should just Be There on all genes that have a variant.

let us use the old f pc pymorph. let us have the original squiggle back. let us have the old obelisk giraffe

let us have genes that come with a gradient without that gradient.

noxtide on f obe is great. i want to have that on all breeds.

there are so many genes i'd actually use if i could remove the weird extra stuff that comes with it. full capsule! do you have any idea how many dragons i'd give capsule if it didn't make them hollow?

EDIT: STAINED BUT WITHOUT THE WEIRD BELLY BIT. EXACTLY 30% OPACITY ALL OVER.

staff have said their philosophy going forward will be to give players the choice to customise their dragons. this is part of that.
this. I personally like both change options on the poll and wish there would be something like this added in the future.

edit: (prolly posted before but) whatever variant a dragon has is what should be passed off to the offspring. Having no gradient thyacine just for all your kids to have it would be... icky? mutations add uneeded rng that could displease some (i myself would adore it tho) so the offspring getting whatever gene is applied makes the most sense.
I love this idea so much! Adds another level of customization and uniqueness to the dragon we want it. Support x 1 millions!

I wouldn't mind if it was cosmetic only and the item had to be crafted or bought (it would be nice if it wasn't a gem item, but realistically it would probably be just that). It dodges the complaints that would come from adding it tp breeding. It would be cool to see in breeding (i wouldn't mind either way), but there would probably be too much of an out cry in frustration for added complexity.

A toggle per dragon would also be AMAZING. We have the little edit your dragon menu, so it could be added to that.
I love this idea so much! Adds another level of customization and uniqueness to the dragon we want it. Support x 1 millions!

I wouldn't mind if it was cosmetic only and the item had to be crafted or bought (it would be nice if it wasn't a gem item, but realistically it would probably be just that). It dodges the complaints that would come from adding it tp breeding. It would be cool to see in breeding (i wouldn't mind either way), but there would probably be too much of an out cry in frustration for added complexity.

A toggle per dragon would also be AMAZING. We have the little edit your dragon menu, so it could be added to that.
5M41Txb.png 5u7Rre4.png
I know I have supported this before, but adding in even more support for it.

I like both variants of the Obe Flair mane, depending on the color of the mane, and the other colors of the dragon, and I am sure I will feel the same for flair on older dragons.

Having to choose one for one color means that it doesn't look nice on another color, even if it might look nice with the alternative option.

I wouldn't mind a toggle, but I also think it might be a good treasure/item sink to create one (obviously not expensive) with perhaps hte ability to choose which version when you apply a scroll.
I know I have supported this before, but adding in even more support for it.

I like both variants of the Obe Flair mane, depending on the color of the mane, and the other colors of the dragon, and I am sure I will feel the same for flair on older dragons.

Having to choose one for one color means that it doesn't look nice on another color, even if it might look nice with the alternative option.

I wouldn't mind a toggle, but I also think it might be a good treasure/item sink to create one (obviously not expensive) with perhaps hte ability to choose which version when you apply a scroll.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I would love this.
Quite a few of my dragons got ruined by the gene ‘ fixes’ and I would love a way to have a fixed version and original version.
Huge, huge support.
I would love this.
Quite a few of my dragons got ruined by the gene ‘ fixes’ and I would love a way to have a fixed version and original version.
Huge, huge support.
Bamboo toilet paper!!
I am a pile of guinea pigs in a trench coat

A9-D5-DB86-9-D42-463-D-B11-E-EAE4-F986-E9-AF.png
2203887-F-1-AA2-44-FE-9-D01-4527-CF5-E8-FAE.png
I have an Art Shop ooooh
So so so much support, this would be a lot of work to get off of the ground but once implemented would be such a blessing for the devs (not only for gene fix shenanigans, but for use whenever they really need a break)

I definitely think that if the variants did pass via breeding, they should need to be unlocked rather than locked, so that everyone with existing breeding pairs wouldn't suffer (even if it were free, it would be extremely tedious to apply to every pair, and a blanket option would lock them out if only one pair wanted variant and the rest didn't)
So so so much support, this would be a lot of work to get off of the ground but once implemented would be such a blessing for the devs (not only for gene fix shenanigans, but for use whenever they really need a break)

I definitely think that if the variants did pass via breeding, they should need to be unlocked rather than locked, so that everyone with existing breeding pairs wouldn't suffer (even if it were free, it would be extremely tedious to apply to every pair, and a blanket option would lock them out if only one pair wanted variant and the rest didn't)
image20.jpg
Support - Lots of great ideas here and more customization is always a plus. Also that keel variant WOW. I would absolutely love that.
Support - Lots of great ideas here and more customization is always a plus. Also that keel variant WOW. I would absolutely love that.
PMgoMMG.jpg
I like this a lot! I think some of the negative reception on some genes upon release could be explained by disappointment in how a gene’s concept was executed, or more specifically, that a similar version of a gene with/without a certain aspect would likely never be released. Implementing variants would be a good opportunity to respond to player feedback more regularly, too.
I like this a lot! I think some of the negative reception on some genes upon release could be explained by disappointment in how a gene’s concept was executed, or more specifically, that a similar version of a gene with/without a certain aspect would likely never be released. Implementing variants would be a good opportunity to respond to player feedback more regularly, too.
Support. I'd very happily take additional variants of existing genes over 'new' genes.

I'd imagine that the ones that are solely colour-based/done by removing a layer like the Thylacine example/along those lines would in fact be easier to implement than drawing up a whole new gene/drawing up something like the alternate Jup/Sat.
Support. I'd very happily take additional variants of existing genes over 'new' genes.

I'd imagine that the ones that are solely colour-based/done by removing a layer like the Thylacine example/along those lines would in fact be easier to implement than drawing up a whole new gene/drawing up something like the alternate Jup/Sat.
we_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.giftumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gifwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
wheeeeee
Support! Sometimes I think my dragons look bad with the "classic" way.
Support! Sometimes I think my dragons look bad with the "classic" way.
iBcrMMU.png z8s5c34.png
7Zid8hE.png
0HBKL8H.png
GIJjY9o.png
Wishlist!

Like quest!
REORGANIZING MY LAIR!!!
Support! Would love for there to be variation even within the same gene.
Support! Would love for there to be variation even within the same gene.
Dy7NM9n.png
21, She/They, FR time +10, Feel free to ping
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 29 30