Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gene variants
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Big support! Gene variants could be so cool :)
Big support! Gene variants could be so cool :)
F60-DFEB2-D40-F-4-B07-A4-FE-51-FDC0-B173-EB.png
This could actually be used to help ebb the recent backlash over major, unannounced gene changes - support! Variants of Sandsurge Blend and Auraboa Fern/Paisley could save well-loved customs.
This could actually be used to help ebb the recent backlash over major, unannounced gene changes - support! Variants of Sandsurge Blend and Auraboa Fern/Paisley could save well-loved customs.
eX9xO4g.png water.gif
Art Dump
Free Scries + Outfits
Art Shop (1 SLOT OPEN)
Hatchery
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxuJo6rRQ.png
Also throwing support in here as a possible solution for the ongoing problems.
Also throwing support in here as a possible solution for the ongoing problems.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
Anything that gets us the old art back please
Anything that gets us the old art back please
We can add another variation to the list, thanks to the Sandsurge change: gradient flip on fade and blend.
We can add another variation to the list, thanks to the Sandsurge change: gradient flip on fade and blend.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Man, this would be so nice. I like the Sandsurge blend and I'd love to use it, but it would be unfair to people who have already gened their dragons with the old version in mind to suddenly have it switched around on them seven months post-release.
Man, this would be so nice. I like the Sandsurge blend and I'd love to use it, but it would be unfair to people who have already gened their dragons with the old version in mind to suddenly have it switched around on them seven months post-release.
2db8adadca3ef8633cbd21fe5b445b5d349eabdb.png
support. if releases are going to continue being sloppy, they might as well capitalize on it as intentional.
support. if releases are going to continue being sloppy, they might as well capitalize on it as intentional.
nzqnkq.png
BIG SUPPORT!
Specially with the Auraboa Fern/Paisley change! Having variants would allow everyone to customize their dragons even more, considering how many "errors" made the FR team modify genes afterwards, and without considering player's taste...
I loved the shiny parts on Paisley Aura and variants would allow us to continue using them as such (instead of having genes corrected so long after release).
Quote:
How would variants work with breeding and passing on genes?

Option #1 - Normal breeding rules - If a dragon has a variant, then it's offspring will inherit that specific gene variant (or the gene of it's other parent)

Definitely option 1! Option 2 would be the equivalent of a skin/accent, and there would be no point of making a scroll for it. I think it wouldn't get used much, specially by hatchery owners and project breeders. Genes are supposed to be passed on, not returned to "basic".

Agree with the AH/Predict Morphology and daily exalt bonus proposed by Tuatara! Smart, no clutter, and I think easily applicable on the website.
Quote:
Cons:
- While it may not be taxing for the art team, this would take a bit to code and implement

- This has potential to disrupt breeding pairs, projects and hatcheries

- Breeding changes and how the new gene type works could be confusing

- A bit of coding, yes, but... That's kind of the point of FR dragons, genes and everything related? To me, it's just the same as putting out new genes, though half the work is done as variants would be based on already existing genes.

- I don't think it would be a disruption to breeding pairs/projects, as the scroll is applied *IF* the dragon's owner desires. It wouldn't change the current look of the dragons (which look the way they do because that's the genes that were chosen by the owner), but more considered as a normal "breed/gene change".
To be fair, if this was implemented, FR should definitely offer free scrolls to everyone, 5 for example. And please, don't make this a gem modification - paying 1200g for Alloy + an additional 350g (example here based on other scrolls) for a variant would be a BIG NO. These variation should be affordable, to an extent. It's not a completely new gene and shouldn't carry that price. It's a small cosmetic option that would be the same rarity and general design as the "original" gene.

- I don't see how confusing this could be, it's just a gene with an option!
BIG SUPPORT!
Specially with the Auraboa Fern/Paisley change! Having variants would allow everyone to customize their dragons even more, considering how many "errors" made the FR team modify genes afterwards, and without considering player's taste...
I loved the shiny parts on Paisley Aura and variants would allow us to continue using them as such (instead of having genes corrected so long after release).
Quote:
How would variants work with breeding and passing on genes?

Option #1 - Normal breeding rules - If a dragon has a variant, then it's offspring will inherit that specific gene variant (or the gene of it's other parent)

Definitely option 1! Option 2 would be the equivalent of a skin/accent, and there would be no point of making a scroll for it. I think it wouldn't get used much, specially by hatchery owners and project breeders. Genes are supposed to be passed on, not returned to "basic".

Agree with the AH/Predict Morphology and daily exalt bonus proposed by Tuatara! Smart, no clutter, and I think easily applicable on the website.
Quote:
Cons:
- While it may not be taxing for the art team, this would take a bit to code and implement

- This has potential to disrupt breeding pairs, projects and hatcheries

- Breeding changes and how the new gene type works could be confusing

- A bit of coding, yes, but... That's kind of the point of FR dragons, genes and everything related? To me, it's just the same as putting out new genes, though half the work is done as variants would be based on already existing genes.

- I don't think it would be a disruption to breeding pairs/projects, as the scroll is applied *IF* the dragon's owner desires. It wouldn't change the current look of the dragons (which look the way they do because that's the genes that were chosen by the owner), but more considered as a normal "breed/gene change".
To be fair, if this was implemented, FR should definitely offer free scrolls to everyone, 5 for example. And please, don't make this a gem modification - paying 1200g for Alloy + an additional 350g (example here based on other scrolls) for a variant would be a BIG NO. These variation should be affordable, to an extent. It's not a completely new gene and shouldn't carry that price. It's a small cosmetic option that would be the same rarity and general design as the "original" gene.

- I don't see how confusing this could be, it's just a gene with an option!
YaLh2Os.png
Coming back to this thread as it's becoming quite relevant again - Def huge support on this
Coming back to this thread as it's becoming quite relevant again - Def huge support on this
rYp8BR7.pngapBZyIl.pngold-oaks-2.pngmkyCRvi.png
Sure I'll support this! Don't think I need to say why, timing wise :P
This ought to make everyone happy. If staff feels like they need to redo a whole gene when the community says otherwise, do this. They don't need to throw all their old work out the window and redraw things, but since it keeps happening for inconsistent reasons, let the old work still be an option.
Sure I'll support this! Don't think I need to say why, timing wise :P
This ought to make everyone happy. If staff feels like they need to redo a whole gene when the community says otherwise, do this. They don't need to throw all their old work out the window and redraw things, but since it keeps happening for inconsistent reasons, let the old work still be an option.
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30