Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli camping screen issues
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 73 74
[quote name="Zhukov" date="2018-09-03 08:54:01" ] [quote name="Thalassophobia" date="2018-09-02 21:31:57" ] This issue is so much worse when you're using keyboard controls. I recently switched over to using them because it's a lot easier on my back (yay, chronic pain at 22!) and found that you can go a lot faster with them. Buuuut then the stupid camping screen pops up every 3-5 battles, forcing me to lean up and have to motherhecking squint at them. So not only does it break the flow and feel like a punishment, (how dare I go fast in the coli amirite) but it's actually physically painful! [/quote] [color=indigo] This annoys me too, I use the keyboard controls because too much clicking hurts my wrist. But the whole point of the keyboard controls is basically negated by the fact that you have to click anyways to do the captcha. [/quote] I agree this is really annoying. I've also made the transition to keyboard due to Carpel Tunnel... I think maybe the Captcha should instead be something like "Name the dragon's breed" when you are on the keyboard set up. (Not a perfect system of course but it's just an idea for how they could accommodate the user being on keyboard controls)
Zhukov wrote on 2018-09-03 08:54:01:
Thalassophobia wrote on 2018-09-02 21:31:57:
This issue is so much worse when you're using keyboard controls. I recently switched over to using them because it's a lot easier on my back (yay, chronic pain at 22!) and found that you can go a lot faster with them. Buuuut then the stupid camping screen pops up every 3-5 battles, forcing me to lean up and have to motherhecking squint at them. So not only does it break the flow and feel like a punishment, (how dare I go fast in the coli amirite) but it's actually physically painful!

This annoys me too, I use the keyboard controls because too much clicking hurts my wrist. But the whole point of the keyboard controls is basically negated by the fact that you have to click anyways to do the captcha.

I agree this is really annoying. I've also made the transition to keyboard due to Carpel Tunnel...

I think maybe the Captcha should instead be something like "Name the dragon's breed" when you are on the keyboard set up. (Not a perfect system of course but it's just an idea for how they could accommodate the user being on keyboard controls)
tumblr_peajwhHBap1ugm45do1_500.png
[quote name="ToraOkami303" date="2018-09-03 11:26:51" ] [quote name="Zhukov" date="2018-09-03 08:54:01" ] [quote name="Thalassophobia" date="2018-09-02 21:31:57" ] This issue is so much worse when you're using keyboard controls. I recently switched over to using them because it's a lot easier on my back (yay, chronic pain at 22!) and found that you can go a lot faster with them. Buuuut then the stupid camping screen pops up every 3-5 battles, forcing me to lean up and have to motherhecking squint at them. So not only does it break the flow and feel like a punishment, (how dare I go fast in the coli amirite) but it's actually physically painful! [/quote] I think it would be ideal if it used only the left side of the keyboard, because keyboard controls allows use of only one hand, which is lovely for those with chronic pain (myself) to relax the much more used hand and not have to over exert your wrist, but you have to use both unless you really awkwardly reach around the keyboard (which I would still do, but probably better to opt for left-side only). [color=indigo] This annoys me too, I use the keyboard controls because too much clicking hurts my wrist. But the whole point of the keyboard controls is basically negated by the fact that you have to click anyways to do the captcha. [/quote] I agree this is really annoying. I've also made the transition to keyboard due to Carpel Tunnel... I think maybe the Captcha should instead be something like "Name the dragon's breed" when you are on the keyboard set up. (Not a perfect system of course but it's just an idea for how they could accommodate the user being on keyboard controls) [/quote]
ToraOkami303 wrote on 2018-09-03 11:26:51:
Zhukov wrote on 2018-09-03 08:54:01:
This issue is so much worse when you're using keyboard controls. I recently switched over to using them because it's a lot easier on my back (yay, chronic pain at 22!) and found that you can go a lot faster with them. Buuuut then the stupid camping screen pops up every 3-5 battles, forcing me to lean up and have to motherhecking squint at them. So not only does it break the flow and feel like a punishment, (how dare I go fast in the coli amirite) but it's actually physically painful!

I think it would be ideal if it used only the left side of the keyboard, because keyboard controls allows use of only one hand, which is lovely for those with chronic pain (myself) to relax the much more used hand and not have to over exert your wrist, but you have to use both unless you really awkwardly reach around the keyboard (which I would still do, but probably better to opt for left-side only).
This annoys me too, I use the keyboard controls because too much clicking hurts my wrist. But the whole point of the keyboard controls is basically negated by the fact that you have to click anyways to do the captcha.

I agree this is really annoying. I've also made the transition to keyboard due to Carpel Tunnel...

I think maybe the Captcha should instead be something like "Name the dragon's breed" when you are on the keyboard set up. (Not a perfect system of course but it's just an idea for how they could accommodate the user being on keyboard controls)
eZCszQ2.png1GLQpTC.pngV4alZnn.png
[quote name="Thalassophobia" date="2018-09-02 21:31:57" ] This issue is so much worse when you're using keyboard controls. I recently switched over to using them because it's a lot easier on my back (yay, chronic pain at 22!) and found that you can go a lot faster with them. Buuuut then the stupid camping screen pops up every 3-5 battles, forcing me to lean up and have to motherhecking squint at them. So not only does it break the flow and feel like a punishment, (how dare I go fast in the coli amirite) but it's actually physically painful! I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet either, but windows 10 has a night-light feature that will turn the screen varying shades of orange, which is easier on your eyes and will actually help you sleep. So if I'm up in the coli after sundown, any orange dragons are gonna be harder to see. And sure, I could just turn it off when I coli but that's...really annoying. /rant [/quote] Double same friend (chronic pain at 23 and before) (Same with having to click the Fight On button but that's another rant). It really reduces the positive impact the keyboard controls could have. I was ecstatic that I thought I could lay down and rest for the rather long period one might have to be in the coli, especially for holidays, but the CAPTCHA quickly made me realize it would really impede my ability to utilize them to reduce the pain the repetitive motions and back/neck angle cause me.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet either, but windows 10 has a night-light feature that will turn the screen varying shades of orange, which is easier on your eyes and will actually help you sleep. So if I'm up in the coli after sundown, any orange dragons are gonna be harder to see. And sure, I could just turn it off when I coli but that's...really annoying. /rant

Double same friend (chronic pain at 23 and before) (Same with having to click the Fight On button but that's another rant). It really reduces the positive impact the keyboard controls could have. I was ecstatic that I thought I could lay down and rest for the rather long period one might have to be in the coli, especially for holidays, but the CAPTCHA quickly made me realize it would really impede my ability to utilize them to reduce the pain the repetitive motions and back/neck angle cause me.
Hey guys, find the dragon in this one: [img]https://i.imgur.com/zhlAXlW.png[/img]
Hey guys, find the dragon in this one:

zhlAXlW.png
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
[quote name="Amut" date="2018-09-05 19:26:34" ] Hey guys, find the dragon in this one: [img]https://i.imgur.com/zhlAXlW.png[/img] [/quote] I'm only pretty sure that blob in the middle is a dragon (imp?)
Amut wrote on 2018-09-05 19:26:34:
Hey guys, find the dragon in this one:

zhlAXlW.png

I'm only pretty sure that blob in the middle is a dragon (imp?)
@Gathouria Yep, this was one of those captchas that went: "Top Left = Blob of rock / "Bottom Left = Recolored Chest / Bottom Right = Nothing? / Top Right =Fae! Wait, no, seahorse thing? / Center = ..... It doesn't look like it's [i]not [/i]a dragon?" And of course I clicked it and immediately got another captcha. I think it was because I clicked at the part that looked like the lantern bit in the center. The only thing worse than having to suss out what the dragon is, is clicking the dragon and then apparently not clicking it close enough to whatever the target to pass. ------------------------ Back to thread! Meanwhile, did you know Google's reCAPTCHA[url=https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/versions] looks free to use[/url]? And they have multiple versions, I think reCAPTCHA v3 or Invisible reCAPTCHA would probably work best (invisible actually states it works with existing site buttons/images)? And they're HTML designed, like FR is? I could totally get behind something that looks like this: [quote] Select all images related to: [b]The Wind Flight[/b] Click verify once there are none left. [i]First Set[/i] [columns] [nextcol] [item=Frog's Arm Guards] [item=Rose Quartz] [item=Metal Claws] [nextcol] [item=Ghostly Aura] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1/3.png[/img] [item=Silverglow Meditate] [nextcol] [item=Azurite] [item=Nebula Floaters] [item=Windsinger Painted Vase] [/columns] Selecting the Wind related items would lead to the... [i]Second Set[/i] [columns] [nextcol] [item=Labradorite] [skin=9556] [item=Metal Claws] [nextcol] [item=Ghostly Aura] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/wind_2.png[/img] [item=Silverglow Meditate] [nextcol] [item=Bamboo Breeze Cape] [item=Peace Dove] [item=Nebula Floaters] [/columns] Click the new Wind-Related things and get the verify button [u][b]Verify[/b][/u] [/quote] AND THEN HAVE IT LEAVE YOU ALONE FOR LIKE 20 MINUTES!!! Additional Wind [i]related [/i]image options (X items related to other flights x themes (ex. Click things related to : [u]The Celadon Silk Set[/u] / [u]White Battle Scale armor[/u] etc., etc.) [item=Spirit of Wind] [item=Wind Sprite] [item=Windbound Plumage] [item=Wind Runestone] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/wind_0.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/wind_1.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/wind_3.png[/img] And we have plenty of green items to trip up a bot. Or if something gets mentioned in some specific site lore about the Windsinger, like whatever's in BoTE that mentiones some doo-dat that'd also be cool (might also encourage the staff to write items into lore so we can visualize the place better)
@Gathouria

Yep, this was one of those captchas that went:

"Top Left = Blob of rock / "Bottom Left = Recolored Chest / Bottom Right = Nothing? / Top Right =Fae! Wait, no, seahorse thing? / Center = ..... It doesn't look like it's not a dragon?"

And of course I clicked it and immediately got another captcha. I think it was because I clicked at the part that looked like the lantern bit in the center.

The only thing worse than having to suss out what the dragon is, is clicking the dragon and then apparently not clicking it close enough to whatever the target to pass.

Back to thread!

Meanwhile, did you know Google's reCAPTCHA looks free to use? And they have multiple versions, I think reCAPTCHA v3 or Invisible reCAPTCHA would probably work best (invisible actually states it works with existing site buttons/images)? And they're HTML designed, like FR is?

I could totally get behind something that looks like this:

Quote:
Select all images related to:

The Wind Flight

Click verify once there are none left.

First Set
Frog's Arm Guards
Rose Quartz
Metal Claws
Ghostly Aura
3.png
Silverglow Meditate
Azurite
Nebula Floaters
Windsinger Painted Vase

Selecting the Wind related items would lead to the...

Second Set
Labradorite

Metal Claws
Ghostly Aura
wind_2.png
Silverglow Meditate
Bamboo Breeze Cape
Peace Dove
Nebula Floaters

Click the new Wind-Related things and get the verify button

Verify

AND THEN HAVE IT LEAVE YOU ALONE FOR LIKE 20 MINUTES!!!

Additional Wind related image options (X items related to other flights x themes (ex. Click things related to : The Celadon Silk Set / White Battle Scale armor etc., etc.)

Spirit of Wind
Wind Sprite
Windbound Plumage
Wind Runestone
wind_0.png
wind_1.png
wind_3.png

And we have plenty of green items to trip up a bot. Or if something gets mentioned in some specific site lore about the Windsinger, like whatever's in BoTE that mentiones some doo-dat that'd also be cool (might also encourage the staff to write items into lore so we can visualize the place better)
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
[quote name="Amut" date="2018-09-06 11:22:26" ] I could totally get behind something that looks like this: [quote] Select all images related to: [b]The Wind Flight[/b] Click verify once there are none left. [i]First Set[/i] [columns] [nextcol] [item=Frog's Arm Guards] [item=Rose Quartz] [item=Metal Claws] [nextcol] [item=Ghostly Aura] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1/3.png[/img] [item=Silverglow Meditate] [nextcol] [item=Azurite] [item=Nebula Floaters] [item=Windsinger Painted Vase] [/columns] Selecting the Wind related items would lead to the... [i]Second Set[/i] [columns] [nextcol] [item=Labradorite] [skin=9556] [item=Metal Claws] [nextcol] [item=Ghostly Aura] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/wind_2.png[/img] [item=Silverglow Meditate] [nextcol] [item=Bamboo Breeze Cape] [item=Peace Dove] [item=Nebula Floaters] [/columns] Click the new Wind-Related things and get the verify button [u][b]Verify[/b][/u] [/quote] AND THEN HAVE IT LEAVE YOU ALONE FOR LIKE 20 MINUTES!!! Additional Wind [i]related [/i]image options (X items related to other flights x themes (ex. Click things related to : [u]The Celadon Silk Set[/u] / [u]White Battle Scale armor[/u] etc., etc.) [item=Spirit of Wind] [item=Wind Sprite] [item=Windbound Plumage] [item=Wind Runestone] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/wind_0.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/wind_1.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/wind_3.png[/img] And we have plenty of green items to trip up a bot. Or if something gets mentioned in some specific site lore about the Windsinger, like whatever's in BoTE that mentiones some doo-dat that'd also be cool (might also encourage the staff to write items into lore so we can visualize the place better) [/quote] I love this idea (and would like to have this myself), but I think it still poses some problems. Lore-heavy has been mentioned as a problem of potential new CAPTCHAs before (I like the lore, but newbies and people who don't care for it will be really confused). Color as a sole determiner would also want to be avoided, as a lot of people with colorblindness are the ones having problems with this CAPTCHA and this doesn't solve the issue for them. The set-up, however, of a panel of images to just [i]choose[/i] from is something I really like. The items we get to choose from, however, may need to be different. Being able to pick the deity from your own flight would be a good option, but only one item.
Amut wrote on 2018-09-06 11:22:26:
I could totally get behind something that looks like this:

Quote:

The Wind Flight

First Set
Frog's Arm Guards
Rose Quartz
Metal Claws
Ghostly Aura
3.png
Silverglow Meditate
Azurite
Nebula Floaters
Windsinger Painted Vase

Selecting the Wind related items would lead to the...

Second Set
Labradorite

Metal Claws
Ghostly Aura
wind_2.png
Silverglow Meditate
Bamboo Breeze Cape
Peace Dove
Nebula Floaters

Click the new Wind-Related things and get the verify button

Verify

AND THEN HAVE IT LEAVE YOU ALONE FOR LIKE 20 MINUTES!!!

Additional Wind related image options (X items related to other flights x themes (ex. Click things related to : The Celadon Silk Set / White Battle Scale armor etc., etc.)

Spirit of Wind
Wind Sprite
Windbound Plumage
Wind Runestone
wind_0.png
wind_1.png
wind_3.png

And we have plenty of green items to trip up a bot. Or if something gets mentioned in some specific site lore about the Windsinger, like whatever's in BoTE that mentiones some doo-dat that'd also be cool (might also encourage the staff to write items into lore so we can visualize the place better)

I love this idea (and would like to have this myself), but I think it still poses some problems. Lore-heavy has been mentioned as a problem of potential new CAPTCHAs before (I like the lore, but newbies and people who don't care for it will be really confused).

Color as a sole determiner would also want to be avoided, as a lot of people with colorblindness are the ones having problems with this CAPTCHA and this doesn't solve the issue for them.

The set-up, however, of a panel of images to just choose from is something I really like. The items we get to choose from, however, may need to be different. Being able to pick the deity from your own flight would be a good option, but only one item.
That was my concern too--new players, casual players, and heck, even established players, might struggle identifying the origin/use/type of every item on site.

Keeping it simple, like just a deity, would be much better.
That was my concern too--new players, casual players, and heck, even established players, might struggle identifying the origin/use/type of every item on site.

Keeping it simple, like just a deity, would be much better.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="Gathouria" date="2018-09-06 14:54:49" ] I love this idea (and would like to have this myself), but I think it still poses some problems. Lore-heavy has been mentioned as a problem of potential new CAPTCHAs before (I like the lore, but newbies and people who don't care for it will be really confused). Color as a sole determiner would also want to be avoided, as a lot of people with colorblindness are the ones having problems with this CAPTCHA and this doesn't solve the issue for them. The set-up, however, of a panel of images to just [i]choose[/i] from is something I really like. The items we get to choose from, however, may need to be different. Being able to pick the deity from your own flight would be a good option, but only one item. [/quote] You didn't read what the captcha asked you to do, eh? Color is rather relevant there because they are false positives. That captcha example asked for Wind-flight specific things. i.e. The Wind God, The Windsinger Painted Vase (it's right there in the name) and the Wind Fest apparel, they aren't just "green" they're Wind Flight Specific. The answer can't be found by clicking things that are green, that's what the Peace Dove, Metal Claws and Frog Armor are there to distract for, it's asking a human to make associations. The lore bit was just an aside. But basically what I meant about that was if instead a captcha text option was: [b]"What is the secret weapon of the Plague Flight?"[/b] And you had a set of pictures to choose from [item=Vial of Scattersight] [img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/lore_natureplague8970443.png[/img] [item=Major Health Potion] (Bear with me, assume all the pictures look like item code and are sized the same) You actually select the option or you could type in the answer: the final infection Now, the answer is in the BoTE nature/plague story. It's specific, but probably rather hard for a bot to figure out and then type. If it was answer an X question with options, those could also be hotkeyed to make the captcha solvable with a keyboard. Because getting it wrong would refresh the captcha but your A, B, C, D options to select the right answer would still be there in the same spots. [quote] Select all images related to: [b]Imperial Dragons[/b] Click verify once there are none left. [columns] [nextcol] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/449185/44918411.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/449657/44965639.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/449193/44919211.png[/img] [nextcol] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/440557/44055636.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1/3.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/405147/40514657.png[/img] [nextcol] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/260333/26033298.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/350012/35001196.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/449653/44965266.png[/img] [/columns] [/quote] [quote] Select all images related to: [b]Silk Apparel[/b] Click verify once there are none left. [columns] [nextcol] [item=Soft Pink Silk Veil] [item=Moonscale Shoulder Guards] [item=Golden Arm Silks] [item=Bloodscale Wing Guard] [nextcol] [item=Construction Armor] [item=Shifting Kelpie Mane] [item=Poet's Tam] [item=Sweetheart Lace Ribbons] [nextcol] [item=Prismatic Bundle] [item=Night Ribbons] [item=Kelpie Guise] [item=Moonlight Lace Ribbons] [/columns] [/quote] ------------------ Edit; Had to go over to that blog and grab a screenshot, but here's what it looks like. They aren't all grainy like this though. One had me identifying crosswalks and they were crisp, sharp images. [center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/FMEecA4.png[/img] [/center]
Gathouria wrote on 2018-09-06 14:54:49:
I love this idea (and would like to have this myself), but I think it still poses some problems. Lore-heavy has been mentioned as a problem of potential new CAPTCHAs before (I like the lore, but newbies and people who don't care for it will be really confused).

Color as a sole determiner would also want to be avoided, as a lot of people with colorblindness are the ones having problems with this CAPTCHA and this doesn't solve the issue for them.

The set-up, however, of a panel of images to just choose from is something I really like. The items we get to choose from, however, may need to be different. Being able to pick the deity from your own flight would be a good option, but only one item.

You didn't read what the captcha asked you to do, eh? Color is rather relevant there because they are false positives. That captcha example asked for Wind-flight specific things. i.e. The Wind God, The Windsinger Painted Vase (it's right there in the name) and the Wind Fest apparel, they aren't just "green" they're Wind Flight Specific. The answer can't be found by clicking things that are green, that's what the Peace Dove, Metal Claws and Frog Armor are there to distract for, it's asking a human to make associations.

The lore bit was just an aside. But basically what I meant about that was if instead a captcha text option was:

"What is the secret weapon of the Plague Flight?"

And you had a set of pictures to choose from

Vial of Scattersight lore_natureplague8970443.png Major Health Potion

(Bear with me, assume all the pictures look like item code and are sized the same)

You actually select the option or you could type in the answer: the final infection

Now, the answer is in the BoTE nature/plague story. It's specific, but probably rather hard for a bot to figure out and then type. If it was answer an X question with options, those could also be hotkeyed to make the captcha solvable with a keyboard. Because getting it wrong would refresh the captcha but your A, B, C, D options to select the right answer would still be there in the same spots.

Quote:

Imperial Dragons

44918411.png
44965639.png
44919211.png
44055636.png
3.png
40514657.png
26033298.png
35001196.png
44965266.png

Quote:

Silk Apparel

Soft Pink Silk Veil
Moonscale Shoulder Guards
Golden Arm Silks
Bloodscale Wing Guard
Construction Armor
Shifting Kelpie Mane
Poet's Tam
Sweetheart Lace Ribbons
Prismatic Bundle
Night Ribbons
Kelpie Guise
Moonlight Lace Ribbons

Edit; Had to go over to that blog and grab a screenshot, but here's what it looks like. They aren't all grainy like this though. One had me identifying crosswalks and they were crisp, sharp images.
FMEecA4.png
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
[quote name="Amut" date="2018-09-06 17:46:16" ] [quote name="Gathouria" date="2018-09-06 14:54:49" ] I love this idea (and would like to have this myself), but I think it still poses some problems. Lore-heavy has been mentioned as a problem of potential new CAPTCHAs before (I like the lore, but newbies and people who don't care for it will be really confused). Color as a sole determiner would also want to be avoided, as a lot of people with colorblindness are the ones having problems with this CAPTCHA and this doesn't solve the issue for them. The set-up, however, of a panel of images to just [i]choose[/i] from is something I really like. The items we get to choose from, however, may need to be different. Being able to pick the deity from your own flight would be a good option, but only one item. [/quote] You didn't read what the captcha asked you to do, eh? Color is rather relevant there because they are false positives. That captcha example asked for Wind-flight specific things. i.e. The Wind God, The Windsinger Painted Vase (it's right there in the name) and the Wind Fest apparel, they aren't just "green" they're Wind Flight Specific. The answer can't be found by clicking things that are green, that's what the Peace Dove, Metal Claws and Frog Armor are there to distract for, it's asking a human to make associations. The lore bit was just an aside. But basically what I meant about that was if instead a captcha text option was: [b]"What is the secret weapon of the Plague Flight?"[/b] And you had a set of pictures to choose from [item=Vial of Scattersight] [img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/lore_natureplague8970443.png[/img] [item=Major Health Potion] (Bear with me, assume all the pictures look like item code and are sized the same) You actually select the option or you could type in the answer: the final infection Now, the answer is in the BoTE nature/plague story. It's specific, but probably rather hard for a bot to figure out and then type. If it was answer an X question with options, those could also be hotkeyed to make the captcha solvable with a keyboard. Because getting it wrong would refresh the captcha but your A, B, C, D options to select the right answer would still be there in the same spots. [quote] Select all images related to: [b]Imperial Dragons[/b] Click verify once there are none left. [columns] [nextcol] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/449185/44918411.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/449657/44965639.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/449193/44919211.png[/img] [nextcol] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/440557/44055636.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1/3.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/405147/40514657.png[/img] [nextcol] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/260333/26033298.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/350012/35001196.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/449653/44965266.png[/img] [/columns] [/quote] [quote] Select all images related to: [b]Silk Apparel[/b] Click verify once there are none left. [columns] [nextcol] [item=Soft Pink Silk Veil] [item=Moonscale Shoulder Guards] [item=Golden Arm Silks] [item=Bloodscale Wing Guard] [nextcol] [item=Construction Armor] [item=Shifting Kelpie Mane] [item=Poet's Tam] [item=Sweetheart Lace Ribbons] [nextcol] [item=Prismatic Bundle] [item=Night Ribbons] [item=Kelpie Guise] [item=Moonlight Lace Ribbons] [/columns] [/quote] ------------------ Edit; Had to go over to that blog and grab a screenshot, but here's what it looks like. They aren't all grainy like this though. One had me identifying crosswalks and they were crisp, sharp images. [center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/FMEecA4.png[/img] [/center] [/quote] I did very much read what you wrote. One of the pictures you gave as an example, Windbound Plumage, is primarily distinguished from the more familiar (recent) Sanguine Plumage by color. Alt colored items complicate some things, even if they are usually flipped. It is very likely newer players would not know about flight-specific items, either, especially if you cannot hover over them to read their text, as it would probably be in a CAPTCHA image. Color is their primary means of their identification. But also, I read BoTE and did not remember the name or appearance of that item- given I have a typically bad memory, but it would prevent a large amount of users from answering the questions. Identifying the silk apparel is also difficult for newbies who could have never seen any silk apparel before, or other types of items, though I feel as if identifying via breed is a good option, as that is usually familiarized fairly quickly. The CAPTCHA needs to be able to be usable by newer players, as the coliseum is a pretty core feature. It should not be a Tomo's trivia hunt every time it comes up.
Amut wrote on 2018-09-06 17:46:16:
Gathouria wrote on 2018-09-06 14:54:49:

You didn't read what the captcha asked you to do, eh? Color is rather relevant there because they are false positives. That captcha example asked for Wind-flight specific things. i.e. The Wind God, The Windsinger Painted Vase (it's right there in the name) and the Wind Fest apparel, they aren't just "green" they're Wind Flight Specific. The answer can't be found by clicking things that are green, that's what the Peace Dove, Metal Claws and Frog Armor are there to distract for, it's asking a human to make associations.

The lore bit was just an aside. But basically what I meant about that was if instead a captcha text option was:

"What is the secret weapon of the Plague Flight?"

And you had a set of pictures to choose from

Vial of Scattersight lore_natureplague8970443.png Major Health Potion

(Bear with me, assume all the pictures look like item code and are sized the same)

You actually select the option or you could type in the answer: the final infection

Now, the answer is in the BoTE nature/plague story. It's specific, but probably rather hard for a bot to figure out and then type. If it was answer an X question with options, those could also be hotkeyed to make the captcha solvable with a keyboard. Because getting it wrong would refresh the captcha but your A, B, C, D options to select the right answer would still be there in the same spots.

Quote:

Imperial Dragons

44918411.png
44965639.png
44919211.png
44055636.png
3.png
40514657.png
26033298.png
35001196.png
44965266.png

Quote:

Silk Apparel

Soft Pink Silk Veil
Moonscale Shoulder Guards
Golden Arm Silks
Bloodscale Wing Guard
Construction Armor
Shifting Kelpie Mane
Poet's Tam
Sweetheart Lace Ribbons
Prismatic Bundle
Night Ribbons
Kelpie Guise
Moonlight Lace Ribbons

Edit; Had to go over to that blog and grab a screenshot, but here's what it looks like. They aren't all grainy like this though. One had me identifying crosswalks and they were crisp, sharp images.
FMEecA4.png

I did very much read what you wrote. One of the pictures you gave as an example, Windbound Plumage, is primarily distinguished from the more familiar (recent) Sanguine Plumage by color. Alt colored items complicate some things, even if they are usually flipped. It is very likely newer players would not know about flight-specific items, either, especially if you cannot hover over them to read their text, as it would probably be in a CAPTCHA image. Color is their primary means of their identification.

But also, I read BoTE and did not remember the name or appearance of that item- given I have a typically bad memory, but it would prevent a large amount of users from answering the questions.

Identifying the silk apparel is also difficult for newbies who could have never seen any silk apparel before, or other types of items, though I feel as if identifying via breed is a good option, as that is usually familiarized fairly quickly.

The CAPTCHA needs to be able to be usable by newer players, as the coliseum is a pretty core feature. It should not be a Tomo's trivia hunt every time it comes up.
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 73 74