Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli camping screen issues
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
[quote name="Saix7" date="2022-10-02 19:41:31" ] [quote name="SomethingEndless" date="2022-10-02 19:36:46" ] [quote name="Hazardousfish" date="2022-10-01 23:34:41" ] The dragon is even upside down.. I can't see well without my glasses and genuinely couldn't find it for a long while. This is the worst one I've gotten so far. [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/808122400607567913/1026014932694741102/unknown.png[/img][/center] [/quote] I'm dying on the inside a little over this one, I think I found the dragon but honestly not 100% sure and it made my eye hurt straining to find it. this is a perfect example of my 'More anti-human than anti-bot' comment I made previously. This type of match up shouldn't even be POSSIBLE and the fact that it is, is rather disappointing. This feature was not thought through and it shows in the execution. If nothing is going to be done to actually fix these, and the captchas will not be disabled despite how poorly done they are, at the very least each background needs to be choosing from a specific pool of dragons SPECIFICALLY chosen to not blend in with the background and to be something that can be reasonably discernable from the background. IE: warm colored dragons on cool and vice versa ideally because blue-green on a green or blue background is nowhere good enough of a differentiation. [/quote] Not to mention colorblind users either.. these would be particularly difficult for them [/quote] From what I can tell this is entirely intentionally done. Many times there is an overall tint across the entire CAPTCHA. That dragon didn't even necessarily have to be green to begin with, but enough hue shift or color tint and it'll blend right in. Great anti-bot feature. Also amazing anti-human feature. It does what it was supposed to do and then goes way too far beyond. I think at this point there needs to be a distinction between "reasonable amounts of anti-bot" and human usability. Some of the best bots could have trouble with the current CAPTCHA- but barely anyone has access to those sorts of bots. The difficulty of successfully botting is placed way higher than it was prior to the CAPTCHA, but it doesn't even necessarily need to be that high, because there are not that many people in the position to take advantage of a slightly lower bar in the first place. There is a middle ground. Sure the fanciest thing out there can break it, but there's bots that can detect the difference between a spammed, paid-for product review and an actual review far beyond the capacity of any human, who never fairs better than chance (it's wild, really). There's always something more advanced. The CAPTCHA just needs to find a better middle ground between high-tech and human than it currently has.
Saix7 wrote on 2022-10-02 19:41:31:
SomethingEndless wrote on 2022-10-02 19:36:46:
Hazardousfish wrote on 2022-10-01 23:34:41:
The dragon is even upside down.. I can't see well without my glasses and genuinely couldn't find it for a long while. This is the worst one I've gotten so far.
unknown.png

I'm dying on the inside a little over this one, I think I found the dragon but honestly not 100% sure and it made my eye hurt straining to find it. this is a perfect example of my 'More anti-human than anti-bot' comment I made previously.

This type of match up shouldn't even be POSSIBLE and the fact that it is, is rather disappointing. This feature was not thought through and it shows in the execution.

If nothing is going to be done to actually fix these, and the captchas will not be disabled despite how poorly done they are, at the very least each background needs to be choosing from a specific pool of dragons SPECIFICALLY chosen to not blend in with the background and to be something that can be reasonably discernable from the background. IE: warm colored dragons on cool and vice versa ideally because blue-green on a green or blue background is nowhere good enough of a differentiation.

Not to mention colorblind users either.. these would be particularly difficult for them

From what I can tell this is entirely intentionally done. Many times there is an overall tint across the entire CAPTCHA. That dragon didn't even necessarily have to be green to begin with, but enough hue shift or color tint and it'll blend right in.

Great anti-bot feature. Also amazing anti-human feature. It does what it was supposed to do and then goes way too far beyond.

I think at this point there needs to be a distinction between "reasonable amounts of anti-bot" and human usability. Some of the best bots could have trouble with the current CAPTCHA- but barely anyone has access to those sorts of bots.

The difficulty of successfully botting is placed way higher than it was prior to the CAPTCHA, but it doesn't even necessarily need to be that high, because there are not that many people in the position to take advantage of a slightly lower bar in the first place. There is a middle ground.

Sure the fanciest thing out there can break it, but there's bots that can detect the difference between a spammed, paid-for product review and an actual review far beyond the capacity of any human, who never fairs better than chance (it's wild, really). There's always something more advanced. The CAPTCHA just needs to find a better middle ground between high-tech and human than it currently has.
eZCszQ2.png1GLQpTC.pngV4alZnn.png
im sure i wont say anything that hasn't already been said, but this needs to be fixed. its ridiculous how this can make it impossible to play for some people. this site has a huge problem with accessibility, which ive said before and ill say it again, and this is something that falls under that jurisdiction and definitely needs changing.
im sure i wont say anything that hasn't already been said, but this needs to be fixed. its ridiculous how this can make it impossible to play for some people. this site has a huge problem with accessibility, which ive said before and ill say it again, and this is something that falls under that jurisdiction and definitely needs changing.
MUYNhfy.png
feXtM27.png
J7D1quC.png
P6XJEHx.png
xH03512.png WKtl2lb.png
S3J5uo7.png
TW8ViqF.png
Stupid-simple idea following from @Gathouria's comment (with apologies, as captchas aren't really my area):

Let's say that the captcha we've got now generates something appropriately anti-bot 98% of the time.

Unfortunately, it also generates something anti-human 30% of the time.

Completely arbitrary numbers, let me be clear there. You'd need a survey of folks with impaired vision to get an appropriately pessimistic anti-human number, and I have no idea what the bot number is, but I'd hope/expect it to be much higher.

Anyways...what about allowing the captcha to be rerolled? It's a bandaid solution, sure, but depending on the current captcha's performance, even if it only allowed 3 rerolls, the chance for getting at least one "pro"-human captcha in 3 tries would be:

(chance of getting an anti-* captcha)^#tries = chance of getting ONLY anti-* captchas

1 - that = chance of getting at least one "pro"-* captcha

1-(30/100)^3= ~97% chance you'd eventually get something a human can solve

1-(98/100)^3= ~6% chance you'd eventually get something a bot can solve

Obviously that hinges on the idea that there's a solid proportion of captchas that ARE human-solvable for those with impaired vision, and I don't know if that's the case. Also I don't have thoughts on how this interacts with the fact you get 3 tries, except that the captcha ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT AUTOMATICALLY REROLL ON FAILURE.

Tangential but until now I didn't realize that if you quit out on a captcha, the captcha waiting for you is the same one you quit on. That's...so much tougher than I thought and is where the suggestion comes from.
Stupid-simple idea following from @Gathouria's comment (with apologies, as captchas aren't really my area):

Let's say that the captcha we've got now generates something appropriately anti-bot 98% of the time.

Unfortunately, it also generates something anti-human 30% of the time.

Completely arbitrary numbers, let me be clear there. You'd need a survey of folks with impaired vision to get an appropriately pessimistic anti-human number, and I have no idea what the bot number is, but I'd hope/expect it to be much higher.

Anyways...what about allowing the captcha to be rerolled? It's a bandaid solution, sure, but depending on the current captcha's performance, even if it only allowed 3 rerolls, the chance for getting at least one "pro"-human captcha in 3 tries would be:

(chance of getting an anti-* captcha)^#tries = chance of getting ONLY anti-* captchas

1 - that = chance of getting at least one "pro"-* captcha

1-(30/100)^3= ~97% chance you'd eventually get something a human can solve

1-(98/100)^3= ~6% chance you'd eventually get something a bot can solve

Obviously that hinges on the idea that there's a solid proportion of captchas that ARE human-solvable for those with impaired vision, and I don't know if that's the case. Also I don't have thoughts on how this interacts with the fact you get 3 tries, except that the captcha ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT AUTOMATICALLY REROLL ON FAILURE.

Tangential but until now I didn't realize that if you quit out on a captcha, the captcha waiting for you is the same one you quit on. That's...so much tougher than I thought and is where the suggestion comes from.
cL9yafY.gif
ya know I'm pretty sure I've posted on this thread before but also like I'd rather be playing in coli rn but it kicked me out for not being able to see the dragons in the captcha images so yeah. I still really wish something were done to make the captcha more useable I literally can't do anything with a lot of them but click random parts of the pictures and hope for the best and it sucks
ya know I'm pretty sure I've posted on this thread before but also like I'd rather be playing in coli rn but it kicked me out for not being able to see the dragons in the captcha images so yeah. I still really wish something were done to make the captcha more useable I literally can't do anything with a lot of them but click random parts of the pictures and hope for the best and it sucks
Bumping this up because of the recent news

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3204941

I have not been in the coliseum enough lately to check out the changes. Are things better?

Also, on future updates one of the plans is to give dragons back HP on the captcha and I feel that will help a lot with motivation and have the dodges by mobs less annoying. I just find it strange that the captcha states "the dragons stop to catch their breath". They get no breath back. I think that might be a little much, it's just weird.
Bumping this up because of the recent news

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3204941

I have not been in the coliseum enough lately to check out the changes. Are things better?

Also, on future updates one of the plans is to give dragons back HP on the captcha and I feel that will help a lot with motivation and have the dodges by mobs less annoying. I just find it strange that the captcha states "the dragons stop to catch their breath". They get no breath back. I think that might be a little much, it's just weird.
Art Thread
Skins and Accent Thread
[quote name="Wookieinmashoo" date="2023-01-24 11:22:31" ] the captcha states "the dragons stop to catch their breath". They get no breath back. I think that might be a little much, it's just weird. [/quote] "Catch[ing] your/my breath" is a slang phrase used to mean take a short break and gather some energy or motivation for continuing the task at hand. So it makes perfect sense to me here, though I can see where some confusion might come in for non-native English speakers or countries who don't use this particular phrase.
Wookieinmashoo wrote on 2023-01-24 11:22:31:
the captcha states "the dragons stop to catch their breath". They get no breath back. I think that might be a little much, it's just weird.

"Catch[ing] your/my breath" is a slang phrase used to mean take a short break and gather some energy or motivation for continuing the task at hand. So it makes perfect sense to me here, though I can see where some confusion might come in for non-native English speakers or countries who don't use this particular phrase.
jPdGQf9.gif
itumblr_inline_ojq6kwwlmN1r2ao8y_540.png

iiifr+2
itiny_coatl.png140.pngimbcQX2i.pngitiny_sd.png
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png
iiiiiiiii
bitumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.png
tumblr_inline_n6kdvbu87Y1qlye38.gif
TTxEpjT.gif
Very cool to see them update the coli camping! I really appreciate this change after so long.
Very cool to see them update the coli camping! I really appreciate this change after so long.
[quote name="minervamaga" date="2023-01-24 15:32:43" ] [quote name="Wookieinmashoo" date="2023-01-24 11:22:31" ] the captcha states "the dragons stop to catch their breath". They get no breath back. I think that might be a little much, it's just weird. [/quote] "Catch[ing] your/my breath" is a slang phrase used to mean take a short break and gather some energy or motivation for continuing the task at hand. So it makes perfect sense to me here, though I can see where some confusion might come in for non-native English speakers or countries who don't use this particular phrase. [/quote] I'm sorry, I meant it to be a play on words to work with the phrase and make it literal. to "stop to catch your breath" is often intended literally to begin with. I thought since dragons actually have "breath" as a meter, it would be a clever use of the phrase. I hope that explains it?
minervamaga wrote on 2023-01-24 15:32:43:
Wookieinmashoo wrote on 2023-01-24 11:22:31:
the captcha states "the dragons stop to catch their breath". They get no breath back. I think that might be a little much, it's just weird.

"Catch[ing] your/my breath" is a slang phrase used to mean take a short break and gather some energy or motivation for continuing the task at hand. So it makes perfect sense to me here, though I can see where some confusion might come in for non-native English speakers or countries who don't use this particular phrase.

I'm sorry, I meant it to be a play on words to work with the phrase and make it literal. to "stop to catch your breath" is often intended literally to begin with. I thought since dragons actually have "breath" as a meter, it would be a clever use of the phrase. I hope that explains it?
Art Thread
Skins and Accent Thread
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73