Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli camping screen issues
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 72 73
It could definitely use improvement. Without my glasses I'm basically guessing which one is the dragon, and even with my glasses on I sometimes get it wrong. The images used are too detailed and too small so they turn into mush. Can't imagine how difficult it must be for the visually impaired to make sense of it.
It could definitely use improvement. Without my glasses I'm basically guessing which one is the dragon, and even with my glasses on I sometimes get it wrong. The images used are too detailed and too small so they turn into mush. Can't imagine how difficult it must be for the visually impaired to make sense of it.
Even with 20/20 vision I still have to pause for a second to be able to find the picture of the dragon, and you know that I'll probably end up goofing it up one day which will be super annoying.
Even with 20/20 vision I still have to pause for a second to be able to find the picture of the dragon, and you know that I'll probably end up goofing it up one day which will be super annoying.
Drag cave egg pics are broke o.o
I've got decent vision and even so I have trouble with dark backgrounds. Not as bad as some people have it, though.
I've got decent vision and even so I have trouble with dark backgrounds. Not as bad as some people have it, though.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
Totally support making this easier to see. Even with my glasses on it is near impossible to tell what I am looking at and enlarging the screen doesn't seem to help a lot.
Totally support making this easier to see. Even with my glasses on it is near impossible to tell what I am looking at and enlarging the screen doesn't seem to help a lot.
crimhasitallfiguredout.gif
absolutely. i can see just fine with my glasses and i still have to scrutinize these pretty closely. i can't imagine what it'd be like for people with poorer vision.

support making them less frequent and also a lot larger.
absolutely. i can see just fine with my glasses and i still have to scrutinize these pretty closely. i can't imagine what it'd be like for people with poorer vision.

support making them less frequent and also a lot larger.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
I have to say I’m happy to hear I’m norm the only person with this issue, disabled or not.

Most captchas systems typically have a speaking option for this reason, where the letters needed will be voiced so one could type them in. It still makes the site secure without needlessly punishing the visually impaired.
I have to say I’m happy to hear I’m norm the only person with this issue, disabled or not.

Most captchas systems typically have a speaking option for this reason, where the letters needed will be voiced so one could type them in. It still makes the site secure without needlessly punishing the visually impaired.
LKUGPNw.giftumblr_inline_piazpj7mY51u2mdgr_540.pngB2gPcio.gif
I find the camping thing too small. I don't want to have to make the screen zoom in to be able to see it -- I wear glasses and have pretty crappy vision, but my issues are DISTANCE. That I can't see this stuff when it's close up is ridiculous.

Not only that, but it's horrible in certain colours. Might be okay for other people, but for people with the various types of colourblindness, it is not.

Can you not make specific, large and easier to see images for the captcha instead of making existing detailed artwork teeny weeny..? Like faces, so I can recognise the breed without it getting lost in the background..? Flight symbols..?
I find the camping thing too small. I don't want to have to make the screen zoom in to be able to see it -- I wear glasses and have pretty crappy vision, but my issues are DISTANCE. That I can't see this stuff when it's close up is ridiculous.

Not only that, but it's horrible in certain colours. Might be okay for other people, but for people with the various types of colourblindness, it is not.

Can you not make specific, large and easier to see images for the captcha instead of making existing detailed artwork teeny weeny..? Like faces, so I can recognise the breed without it getting lost in the background..? Flight symbols..?
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
I'd be satisfied if there were fewer captchas of "dark on dark" - my eyes water looking at usual laptop brightness so I always have either it on low brightness or f.lux on so all those "dark on dark" camping choices are nearly invisible to me.
I'd be satisfied if there were fewer captchas of "dark on dark" - my eyes water looking at usual laptop brightness so I always have either it on low brightness or f.lux on so all those "dark on dark" camping choices are nearly invisible to me.
JQQ3Fjt.png
Support, definitely. As fun as the idea is, the more I see of them, the more problems they have. Perhaps one way to solve the background issue would to have the background be monochrome and the options not be, but having fewer options and a bigger screen (and the bigger options) would be absolutely excellent. I don't have poor vision and find them challenging to deal with. And then there need to be options for colorblind people too... I have family who are colorblind and while they haven't seen the captchas, some of them strike me as particularly nasty for them.
Support, definitely. As fun as the idea is, the more I see of them, the more problems they have. Perhaps one way to solve the background issue would to have the background be monochrome and the options not be, but having fewer options and a bigger screen (and the bigger options) would be absolutely excellent. I don't have poor vision and find them challenging to deal with. And then there need to be options for colorblind people too... I have family who are colorblind and while they haven't seen the captchas, some of them strike me as particularly nasty for them.
image.png
"If to feel pain is my fate, then I have just one thing to say: Here in my scar-covered heart, color will always exist!"
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
image.png
Every day I spend most of my day staring at a computer screen and I always play FR zoomed out at 75%, but this captcha thing is killing me. It is so tiny and it's so difficult to discern what is and isn't a dragon, even when I reset the zoom to the default 100%.

Your point about the page reloading and making it exit fullscreen mode is also something that I think FR Staff must look into. I understand that they want to make it difficult for people to use bots in the coliseum since it negatively affects the economy and dominance aspect of the game, but for non-cheating players it's a mess.
Every day I spend most of my day staring at a computer screen and I always play FR zoomed out at 75%, but this captcha thing is killing me. It is so tiny and it's so difficult to discern what is and isn't a dragon, even when I reset the zoom to the default 100%.

Your point about the page reloading and making it exit fullscreen mode is also something that I think FR Staff must look into. I understand that they want to make it difficult for people to use bots in the coliseum since it negatively affects the economy and dominance aspect of the game, but for non-cheating players it's a mess.
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 72 73