Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli camping screen issues
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 72 73
So I love the coliseum, its one of the things that kept me on this site when I joined. I grew up on MMOs and grinding was something I just did. But my vision has rapidly gotten worse. I am partly blind. I can't participate in many games because I can't see, but FR's coliseum design helped a lot. This beta has been frustrating so far though. I can't see the camping screens very well. The images are low res and so if I zoom in its a struggle to discern the images still. Plus some of the images are rotated which makes this even more difficult. I would have to just click at random and hope I don't get locked out, which I have. Whats the point of getting a camping screen every 3-4 battles? [s]Not to mention I have days where I will use the fullscreen option. Well, with this constant refreshing after each battle it's useless. What's the point of finishing a battle that takes seconds, only for it to reload, then scrolling down again, then hitting the fullscreen button, waiting for the fullscreen option to load, then going to another 3.4 second battle, then repeating this process again? [/s] I have very very high hopes for the coliseum update, and I'm so glad the ambush bug has been fixed- along with many other issues. I just don't want to be locked out of the coliseum because of my disability. EDIT: Some good news! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/409882823802093569/411000350397693952/ac0c763a494e867ce8d9385b1eb585c4.png[/img] [b]UPDATE: Now that the coliseum is out, I thought everything would've been fixed but nope! Camping is still horrid. Please share your stories and screenshots here. Staff, this is absoutely unacceptable. You're punishing your disabled fanbase. Some of us may have failing vision, some of us may be colorblind, others may have perfect vision and still struggle. Again, this is unacceptable.[/b] Edit: I'm unsubscribing from this thread because it has really taken off and I'm so happy! But the constant notifications are starting to annoy me. If you ever need me ping me!
So I love the coliseum, its one of the things that kept me on this site when I joined. I grew up on MMOs and grinding was something I just did. But my vision has rapidly gotten worse. I am partly blind. I can't participate in many games because I can't see, but FR's coliseum design helped a lot.

This beta has been frustrating so far though. I can't see the camping screens very well. The images are low res and so if I zoom in its a struggle to discern the images still. Plus some of the images are rotated which makes this even more difficult. I would have to just click at random and hope I don't get locked out, which I have.

Whats the point of getting a camping screen every 3-4 battles?

Not to mention I have days where I will use the fullscreen option. Well, with this constant refreshing after each battle it's useless. What's the point of finishing a battle that takes seconds, only for it to reload, then scrolling down again, then hitting the fullscreen button, waiting for the fullscreen option to load, then going to another 3.4 second battle, then repeating this process again?

I have very very high hopes for the coliseum update, and I'm so glad the ambush bug has been fixed- along with many other issues. I just don't want to be locked out of the coliseum because of my disability.

EDIT:

Some good news!
ac0c763a494e867ce8d9385b1eb585c4.png

UPDATE: Now that the coliseum is out, I thought everything would've been fixed but nope! Camping is still horrid. Please share your stories and screenshots here.

Staff, this is absoutely unacceptable. You're punishing your disabled fanbase. Some of us may have failing vision, some of us may be colorblind, others may have perfect vision and still struggle.

Again, this is unacceptable.

Edit: I'm unsubscribing from this thread because it has really taken off and I'm so happy! But the constant notifications are starting to annoy me. If you ever need me ping me!
LKUGPNw.giftumblr_inline_piazpj7mY51u2mdgr_540.pngB2gPcio.gif
Examples of poor capchas: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/400043681266139140/410364063391154176/ea9ebd68d8e653b54ad3c886d0ae4036.jpg[/img] I'm zoomed in 300% Now I can tell the items are not a dragons right off the bat, its ok. However the griffon and the dragon are hard for me to discern because it can also look like a skydancer. I did get this camping thing right after zooming in but it's still difficult and tedious. ----- [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/402176532203831298/422836167092731924/unknown.png[/img] Baby mirror is near impossible to spot because it blends in.
Examples of poor capchas:

ea9ebd68d8e653b54ad3c886d0ae4036.jpg

I'm zoomed in 300%

Now I can tell the items are not a dragons right off the bat, its ok.

However the griffon and the dragon are hard for me to discern because it can also look like a skydancer. I did get this camping thing right after zooming in but it's still difficult and tedious.

unknown.png

Baby mirror is near impossible to spot because it blends in.

This definitely needs looking at. The example pic you posted (sadly I had not yet the chance to try the beta myself) is really bad for a simple 300% zoom. Aditionally the background is dark and so are most pictures that the site asks you to identify. Which is a huge no go for easy visuality. Tone in tone objects and background need to be avoided too.

The reload is really something they need to turn of - at least within one venue. I can see the need for reloads changing the venues if it helps the coli be stable.

Maybe they also can looking into not using familiar pictures. I don't have eye problems (besides being a bit short sighted) and I have trouble differentiating the familiars from dragons. The gryff was easier for me since I allready read what it was and I knew what to look for. But I can definitely see the semblence. The bear in the right that is tilted though looked like the glademomma to me I would not have known which 'dragon' to pick. It took me long enough to figure out it was the bear. I don't want to know how long someone else needs to make sense of the mess.
This definitely needs looking at. The example pic you posted (sadly I had not yet the chance to try the beta myself) is really bad for a simple 300% zoom. Aditionally the background is dark and so are most pictures that the site asks you to identify. Which is a huge no go for easy visuality. Tone in tone objects and background need to be avoided too.

The reload is really something they need to turn of - at least within one venue. I can see the need for reloads changing the venues if it helps the coli be stable.

Maybe they also can looking into not using familiar pictures. I don't have eye problems (besides being a bit short sighted) and I have trouble differentiating the familiars from dragons. The gryff was easier for me since I allready read what it was and I knew what to look for. But I can definitely see the semblence. The bear in the right that is tilted though looked like the glademomma to me I would not have known which 'dragon' to pick. It took me long enough to figure out it was the bear. I don't want to know how long someone else needs to make sense of the mess.
Yeah the reloads are super annoying. If they stay like that, then they should, at least, make it to where your screen stays in whatever mode you had it on with t he same scroll.
Yeah the reloads are super annoying. If they stay like that, then they should, at least, make it to where your screen stays in whatever mode you had it on with t he same scroll.
25781.png xxxFramexxx
xMarley
They/he/she
Wishlist
x NXDDrCY.gif
@Ismaiel

That's a good point with the dark bacground, and I honestly didn't realize that was a bear familiar at first. It doesn't look like much to me when I zoomed in and I can completely see how someone would mix that up with glademama.

@PoIarized

I would love if they would automatically scroll back down when you refreshed, but I'm not sure how they could implement the refresh without closing fullscreen- which leaves me kinda screwed over. (Why offer a fullscreen if its just going to close every 3 seconds anyways?)
@Ismaiel

That's a good point with the dark bacground, and I honestly didn't realize that was a bear familiar at first. It doesn't look like much to me when I zoomed in and I can completely see how someone would mix that up with glademama.

@PoIarized

I would love if they would automatically scroll back down when you refreshed, but I'm not sure how they could implement the refresh without closing fullscreen- which leaves me kinda screwed over. (Why offer a fullscreen if its just going to close every 3 seconds anyways?)
I have fine eyesight when I have my glasses on but I still take like five minutes to figure out what the heck the dragon is, I can't even imagine what its like for people who have poor vision no matter what they do. Support beyond belief, and why are there backgrounds no one cares if the captcha looks pretty if its functional.
I have fine eyesight when I have my glasses on but I still take like five minutes to figure out what the heck the dragon is, I can't even imagine what its like for people who have poor vision no matter what they do. Support beyond belief, and why are there backgrounds no one cares if the captcha looks pretty if its functional.
Full support in changing the "captcha". The site isn't terribly poor-sighted-person friendly, they don't need to add more problems.
Full support in changing the "captcha". The site isn't terribly poor-sighted-person friendly, they don't need to add more problems.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
Yes, please make it easier to see.
Yes, please make it easier to see.
Down to earth and digging...
Visually impaired or not finding the dragon is sometimes very difficult. I have to agree wholeheartedly with the other posts made here about the near guesswork that some of the camping screens are at the moment. I also find I agree that the frequency that the camping screens pop up can be a bit much. Also the full screen mode disappearing after every battle is I find counterproductive.
Visually impaired or not finding the dragon is sometimes very difficult. I have to agree wholeheartedly with the other posts made here about the near guesswork that some of the camping screens are at the moment. I also find I agree that the frequency that the camping screens pop up can be a bit much. Also the full screen mode disappearing after every battle is I find counterproductive.
tGP5upT.gifixX6pap.png
I've also had a lot of difficulty finding the dragons. Especially when the dragons blend in the with background (black dragons on a very dark grey background.) I can't even imagine what this must be like for the visually impaired. After thirty minutes of coli my eyes feel horribly strained, which should really take hours more than it did.

Suggestion: You might want to make the images a little more simple (for example: only three options at most- this would definitely be enough to trip up bots) and make the image larger. This was my biggest issue: there was one point where I could not even tell that what I was clicking on was a dragon- it was just that nothing else in the picture was even remotely like a dragon.
I've also had a lot of difficulty finding the dragons. Especially when the dragons blend in the with background (black dragons on a very dark grey background.) I can't even imagine what this must be like for the visually impaired. After thirty minutes of coli my eyes feel horribly strained, which should really take hours more than it did.

Suggestion: You might want to make the images a little more simple (for example: only three options at most- this would definitely be enough to trip up bots) and make the image larger. This was my biggest issue: there was one point where I could not even tell that what I was clicking on was a dragon- it was just that nothing else in the picture was even remotely like a dragon.
O7IFtNN.png6klg2iF.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 72 73